Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,026 members, 7,838,575 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (858) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1657176 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (855) (856) (857) (858) (859) (860) (861) ... (4151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by shadeze: 9:13pm On Aug 24, 2020
salford1:

Welcome on board. You are not rated here and people here are good in debunking lies and false claims. Do not for a second think it's your usual Wizkid, Simi and Davido thread. Enjoy the ride wink
Lol, this is ridiculous!! Who gives a hoot about your rating? Rate yourselves all you want, I don't care!! I will comment when I want to comment and on anything I want to comment on in this thread. Nobody is going to tell me what to do here least of all people that have proven they can't even keep up with an intelligent argument.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by shadeze: 9:15pm On Aug 24, 2020
saxywale1:

What Trump sister said about him is the truth. Point out the lie. Is it not the same thing people that have worked with him said about him?

Now you post lies about Malik on Nairaland just to argue without sense.
Will you get off my mentions, I can see you don't have anything to say, you are just looking for someone to exchange words with you. Is it this one that you are doing that is arguing with sense?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PremierGuy(m): 9:17pm On Aug 24, 2020
salford1:

No wonder he doesn't want the tax return out despite telling voters it would be released when he contested back in 2015.
Like AmazonTopaz mentioned, it is becoming clearer that the orange turd is running to avoid jail term.

To those familiar with the Showtime TV series, 'Billions'...this is turning out to be a real life facsimile of the series...Trump is Axe...every week it's like a tennis match...

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:17pm On Aug 24, 2020
saxywale1:

Hmmm. See twist. So Obama is the current president of the USA.

This thread is about Trump not Obama. Why can't you doofus keep Obama's out of your filthy fingers and mouth?
Simple they like Trump because they hate Obama and they blame him for making Jonathan lose the election in 2015.
All these Trump support here especially among some certain groups in Nigeria and nairaland has sentiments and Obama hate on it

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 9:18pm On Aug 24, 2020
It's happening. grin
This Dejoy wants Trump to make him unfortunate. I trust Trump to quickly throw him under the bus.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 9:58pm On Aug 24, 2020
REUTERS EXCLUSIVE

Business partner of Falwells says affair with evangelical power couple spanned seven years

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-falwell-relationship/

Giancarlo Granda says his sexual relationship with the Falwells began when he was 20. He says he had sex with Becki Falwell while Jerry Falwell Jr, head of Liberty University and a staunch supporter of President Trump, looked on.

Granda showed Reuters emails, text messages and other evidence that he says demonstrate the sexual nature of his relationship with the couple, who have been married since 1987. “Becki and I developed an intimate relationship and Jerry enjoyed watching from the corner of the room,” Granda said in an interview. Now 29, he described the liaisons as frequent – “multiple times per year” – and said the encounters took place at hotels in Miami and New York, and at the Falwells’ home in Virginia.

The material Granda showed Reuters includes screenshots from what Granda said was a FaceTime conversation he had with the Falwells in 2019. During that call, Granda said, Becki was naked as the two discussed their relationship while Jerry peeked from behind a door. Reuters was able to verify Granda’s description of the screenshots.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 10:02pm On Aug 24, 2020
Republicans, party of family values and one of Trump's strong White Evangelical support base

The Evangelical, the ‘Pool Boy,’ the Comedian and Michael Cohen

Jerry Falwell Jr. defied expectations when he supported Donald J. Trump in 2016. Now details are emerging about behind-the-scenes maneuvering before the endorsement.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/18/us/trump-falwell-endorsement-michael-cohen.html

MIAMI BEACH — Senator Ted Cruz was running neck and neck with Donald J. Trump in Iowa just before the caucuses in 2016, but his campaign was expecting a last-minute boost from a powerful endorser, Jerry Falwell Jr.

Mr. Falwell was chancellor of one of the nation’s largest Christian colleges, Liberty University, and a son of the Rev. Jerry Falwell Sr., the televangelist and co-founder of the modern religious right.

Months earlier, Mr. Falwell had provided Liberty’s basketball arena for Mr. Cruz’s formal presidential announcement and required that the student body attend, giving the Texas Republican a guaranteed audience of thousands of cheering young religious conservatives.

With the caucuses now fast approaching, the senator’s father, Rafael Cruz, an evangelical pastor who had taken the lead in wooing Mr. Falwell, alerted the campaign that Mr. Falwell had pledged to endorse his son.

But when the time came for an announcement, Mr. Falwell rocked the Cruz campaign and grabbed the attention of the entire political world. He endorsed Mr. Trump instead, becoming one of the first major evangelical leaders to get behind the thrice-married, insult-hurling real estate mogul’s long-odds presidential bid.

That backstory, in true Trump-tabloid fashion, features the friendship between Mr. Falwell, his wife and a former pool attendant at the Fontainebleau hotel in Miami Beach; the family’s investment in a gay-friendly youth hostel; purported sexually revealing photographs involving the Falwells; and an attempted hush-money arrangement engineered by the president’s former fixer, Michael Cohen.

The revelations have arisen from a lawsuit filed against the Falwells in Florida; the investigation into Mr. Cohen by federal prosecutors in New York; and the gonzo-style tactics of the comedian and actor Tom Arnold.

Over the last two years, Mr. Arnold has fashioned himself an anti-Trump sleuth and crusader, working to dig up evidence of past malfeasance on television and in social media. In that role, Mr. Arnold befriended Mr. Cohen — who had lately become a vivid, if not entirely reliable, narrator of the Trump phenomenon — and then surreptitiously recorded him describing his effort to buy and bury embarrassing photographs involving the Falwells.

That attempt, Mr. Cohen says on the recording, came months before he brought Mr. Falwell “to the table” for Mr. Trump. Until then, he adds, “none of the evangelicals wanted to support Trump.”

There is no evidence that Mr. Falwell’s endorsement was part of a quid pro quo arranged by Mr. Cohen. Indeed, the relationship, if any, between the endorsement and the photo episode remains unclear. But the new details — some of which have been reported by news outlets including BuzzFeed and Reuters over the last year — show how deeply Mr. Falwell was enmeshed in Mr. Cohen’s and Mr. Trump’s world.

And they add another layer to one of the enduring curiosities of the Trump era: the support the president has received from evangelical Christians, who have traditionally demanded that their political leaders exhibit “family values” and moral “character.” Mr. Falwell’s father forged those words into weapons against the Democrats after he co-founded the Moral Majority political movement, which propelled Ronald Reagan into the White House and made religious conservatives a vital constituency for any Republican who would be president.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by shadeze: 10:34pm On Aug 24, 2020
I don't see any benefit for me commenting on this kind of poisonous thread so I take back my earlier decision, I am out of this sick place for good. Goodbye to you all

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 10:36pm On Aug 24, 2020
Jerry Falwell resigns from Liberty University following allegations of sexual tryst

https://religionnews.com/2020/08/24/jerry-falwell-resigns-liberty-university-alleged-affair-trump-pool-attendant/

Jerry Falwell Jr. the embattled president of Liberty University and one of the biggest champions of President Donald Trump, has resigned, Religion News Service has learned.

His resignation came within hours of the publication of a news story that alleged he and his wife Becki had a years-long sexual relationship with a business associate.

Falwell had been placed on indefinite leave earlier this month after posting, then deleting, a provocative Instagram photo of him posing with his arm around a woman at a party with their zippers down and midriffs showing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ZooOga: 11:23pm On Aug 24, 2020
Melania Trump caught on tape dissing Donald and Ivanka: tell-all memoir

By DAVE GOLDINER
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS |
AUG 24, 2020 AT 4:13 PM

You know what President Trump’s sister says about him. Now America is going to hear it straight from the mouth of his wife.

First lady Melania Trump has reportedly been taped making disparaging remarks about Trump, as well as his daughter, Ivanka.

An estranged confidant of Melania Trump plans to reveal what she had to say in a new tell-all book, one of a flood of damaging memoirs coming out during the months leading up to Election Day, journalist Yashar Ali revealed Monday.

Stephanie Winston Wolkoff, who helped run the Trump inauguration celebration, plans to dish on the first lady’s reaction to the infamous “Access Hollywood” tape, in which her husband bragged of handling women, and her relationship with the president’s favorite daughter.

“Wolkoff takes you into Trump Tower and the White House to tell the funny, thrilling, and heartbreaking story of her intimate friendship with one of the most famous women in the world,” a preview of the book reveals.

“Melania and Me: The Rise and Fall of My Friendship with The First Lady” will be published by Simon & Schuster’s Gallery Books on Sept. 1.

It was not immediately clear when or where the alleged recordings of Melania were made. In New York and some states, only one participant in a conversation needs to legally consent to being taped.

Wolkoff also vows to pull back the curtain on Melania Trump’s life with President Trump in the White House, including whether she is happy as First Lady and her message behind her infamous “I really don’t care” jacket

Wolkoff was a friend of Melania Trump for more than a decade and produced the Met Gala, among other big-time events.

The pair had a major falling out over her handling of the $107 million inauguration, which has been dogged by questions and even a federal investigation.

Wolkoff says she was made a scapegoat by Melania for the decisions of President Trump and his aides.

The tell-all will hit bookshelves about the same time as other damaging behind-the-scenes looks at Trump in the frantic final sprint to the Nov. 3 election.

President Trump’s niece last week revealed that Mary Barry Trump, the president’s sister and a retired federal judge, was taped saying that he has “no morals” and is an inveterate liar.

Trump’s longtime lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen plans to dish dirt from his key role in keeping the skeletons from Trump’s decades of scandals in the closet.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-melania-trump-donald-tape-memoir-20200824-vbaq4ryqmfcatefefzukw3heq4-story.html

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Bluebyrd: 11:50pm On Aug 24, 2020
salford1:

Sigh. It's like talking to a brick wall. Answering a question with a question.

Simple. Let me paraphrase it. Why are white supremacists quick to endorse Trump and not Biden?
salford1:

He is a self acknowledged white supremacists, and he said Trump's tweet are racists.

Guy, stop deflecting.

My question is why are Racists attracted to Trump and not Biden?
FYI, You might want to know that America's poster boy for white supremacy, Richard Spencer has endorsed and will be voting for Joe Biden.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 11:57pm On Aug 24, 2020
feedthenation:
REUTERS EXCLUSIVE

Business partner of Falwells says affair with evangelical power couple spanned seven years

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-falwell-relationship/

Giancarlo Granda says his sexual relationship with the Falwells began when he was 20. He says he had sex with Becki Falwell while Jerry Falwell Jr, head of Liberty University and a staunch supporter of President Trump, looked on.

Granda showed Reuters emails, text messages and other evidence that he says demonstrate the sexual nature of his relationship with the couple, who have been married since 1987. “Becki and I developed an intimate relationship and Jerry enjoyed watching from the corner of the room,” Granda said in an interview. Now 29, he described the liaisons as frequent – “multiple times per year” – and said the encounters took place at hotels in Miami and New York, and at the Falwells’ home in Virginia.

The material Granda showed Reuters includes screenshots from what Granda said was a FaceTime conversation he had with the Falwells in 2019. During that call, Granda said, Becki was naked as the two discussed their relationship while Jerry peeked from behind a door. Reuters was able to verify Granda’s description of the screenshots.
Good lord. Things dey happen o.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 11:58pm On Aug 24, 2020
Bluebyrd:

FYI, You might want to know that America's poster boy for white supremacy, Richard Spencer has endorsed and will be voting for Joe Biden.
But Biden's team quickly rejected him. They reject any semblance of hate. Dude is just looking for attention. Endorse Biden but vote Trump. As you can see, they wholeheartedly reject that slimy creation.

Trump can keep him grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Bluebyrd: 12:03am On Aug 25, 2020
salford1:

But Biden's team quickly rejected him. They reject any semblance of hate. Dude is just looking for attention. Endorse Biden but vote Trump. As you can see, they wholeheartedly reject that slimy creation.

Trump can keep him grin
So it's now about whether the candidate accepted the endorsement or not? But Trump also rejected David Duke's endorsement but that wasn't enough for you.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 12:04am On Aug 25, 2020
ZooOga:
Melania Trump caught on tape dissing Donald and Ivanka: tell-all memoir

By DAVE GOLDINER
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS |
AUG 24, 2020 AT 4:13 PM

You know what President Trump’s sister says about him. Now America is going to hear it straight from the mouth of his wife.

First lady Melania Trump has reportedly been taped making disparaging remarks about Trump, as well as his daughter, Ivanka.

Interesting times.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 12:21am On Aug 25, 2020
PremierGuy:

To those familiar with the Showtime TV series, 'Billions'...this is turning out to be a real life facsimile of the series...Trump is Axe...every week it's like a tennis match...
Bloody lockdown has put Axe on hold, unfortunately. I can't wait to see how he escapes jail.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 12:38am On Aug 25, 2020
Bluebyrd:

I don't trust trump hasn't paid him to.
https://www.newsweek.com/biden-campaign-rejects-richard-spencer-endorsement-condemns-views-absolutely-repugnant-1527230

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:54am On Aug 25, 2020
shadeze:

All these long story you are telling is like the confused stories of little kids when they are caught with their hand in the cookie jar. The evidence is there that you made up something that wasn't said. Saying you stand by it doesn't make it to be true, it's still lies and fake news.

Democrats hands are always caught in the cookie jar, like Obama who endorsed lying to his own people. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:00am On Aug 25, 2020
shadeze:

Malik Obama is an American and he wasn't criticising Obama for things happening in Kenya, he was criticising him for his foolish policies in America. And you're pulling out your typical liberal script of personal attacks when you can't win an argument. Sorry, my being bright is not dependent on what you think, I could also say you are not bright for not agreeing with my point of view but of what use or importance will that be to what we are arguing about?

That's typical of democrats who will always resort to personal attacks when they've lost the argument. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Bluebyrd: 1:03am On Aug 25, 2020
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 1:05am On Aug 25, 2020
Bluebyrd:

Nairaland liberals!!!
grin grin grin grin grin
Can't trust you magalites.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Bluebyrd: 1:06am On Aug 25, 2020
budaatum:

Can't trust you magalites.
So who do you think paid David Duke to endorse Donald Trump?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:07am On Aug 25, 2020
shadeze:

You sound worse than a juvenile, maybe you are really a fool even though I didn't take you for one at first. Who cares what stories some liberal unknown quantity manufactures? It's what you all are known for, lying and manufacturing fake news. Malik Obama who is an American himself criticised Obama for his failed policies in America and his failed character, not about things happening in Kenya.

You know these democrats too well. Just take the opposite of whatever they say. They are being fed lies from their Marxist lamestream media houses.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:10am On Aug 25, 2020
shadeze:

The facts I'm dropping are too much for you to bear, you can't keep up with my level of superior knowledge so you are calling for the people you know you can beat grin. You are excused my friend, you have my blessings to go and face the others. I don't even know what made me comment on this thread today, I have been reading all the childish ways you people behave here and I don't want to be dragged into that so goodbye to you all, I'm out of here

We will appreciate it if you can visit the other US Politics Today thread and bless us with your cherished knowledge. . smiley

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 1:11am On Aug 25, 2020

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 1:17am On Aug 25, 2020
Bluebyrd:

So who do you think paid David Duke to endorse Donald Trump?
You are going to have to ask Duke, or trump, or those who say trump endorsed Duke.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/03/01/donald-trump-and-david-duke-for-the-record/

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:20am On Aug 25, 2020
shadeze:

You know I couldn't care less about you either, Buhari is not my nemesis, he is just a president whose policies I don't agree with, he is isn't the first and he won't be the last. I will still be hale and hearty after he is done and someone else steps in. Same way some people in the US opposed Obama and others are opposing Trump now. I know it's too much for children like you to understand, but it's not a do or die affair, whoever the president is, we will either support or oppose them but there is much more to life than all that. Live goes on and we will keep enjoying it irrespective of who is the president

Don't mind them, if Republics survived 8 years under Obama Democrats will survive another 4 years under Trump. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:34am On Aug 25, 2020
shadeze:

I don't see any benefit for me commenting on this kind of poisonous thread so I take back my earlier decision, I am out of this sick place for good. Goodbye to you all

Visit us on this thread. ---> https://www.nairaland.com/5981755/us-politics-today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Bluebyrd: 1:56am On Aug 25, 2020
Hillary Clinton on Oct. 24 2016:
Donald Trump refused to say that he’d respect the results of this election. That’s a direct threat to our democracy.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/790612127996403712

Hillary Clinton on Aug. 24 2020:
Joe Biden should not concede the elections under any circumstances

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44AbGEHhzg4
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Bluebyrd: 2:04am On Aug 25, 2020
The projection is amazing! the same people who are warning that Trump won’t concede are on the record advising Biden not to concede
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Bluebyrd: 2:23am On Aug 25, 2020
BLM burnt down a church with a sign outside that says "Black Lives Matter" in Wisconsin

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Bluebyrd: 2:29am On Aug 25, 2020
If black lives mattered to BLM inc. they wouldn't be burning down churches and businesses that support black lives in Wisconsin.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (855) (856) (857) (858) (859) (860) (861) ... (4151) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.