Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,778 members, 7,862,596 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:14 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (861) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1704444 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (858) (859) (860) (861) (862) (863) (864) ... (4184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by obixcel(m): 1:15am On Aug 26, 2020
basilico:

Its always said the best n perfect footballers are spectators.They are also the best coaches.

The police should have waited for him to open his car door, get his gun or guns out, waited for him to point the gun at them, actually pull the trigger to confirm the gun had ammo before shooting him.
grin grin grin
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 1:23am On Aug 26, 2020
basilico:

Its always said the best n perfect footballers are spectators.They are also the best coaches.

The police should have waited for him to open his car door, get his gun or guns out, waited for him to point the gun at them, actually pull the trigger to confirm the gun had ammo before shooting him.
And how do you just know he has a gun, or he poses a deadly threat to the policemen or is it police men and woman.
You are just making assumptions. Anyway, the court will decide. I am not a lawyer neither do I claim to be one.

Hopefully, you won't be in a situation where FSARs would have to shoot 7 times in front of your kids (if you have) as you reach for maybe a wallet in your car.

6 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 1:28am On Aug 26, 2020
obixcel:
grin grin grin

Everything should be done to avoid making BLM antifa mad

It makes sense to equip the police with bulletproof transparent shields to protect them when a suspect fires at them. Once the confirm they been fired on with a live bullet, they can then engage the suspect
More so if the cops are white and the suspect is black..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 1:34am On Aug 26, 2020
salford1:

And how do you just know he has a gun, or he poses a deadly threat to the policemen or is it police men and woman.
You are just making assumptions. Anyway, the court will decide. I am not a lawyer neither do I claim to be one.

Hopefully, you won't be in a situation where FSARs would have to shoot 7 times in front of your kids (if you have) as you reach for maybe a wallet in your car.

I mentioned above that incase a suspect is not following orders , its better to equip all cops with bulletproof transparent shields . This will reduce casualty incidences of
a) Suspects who are just plain disobedient OR
b) Police making a wrong judgement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 1:48am On Aug 26, 2020
basilico:

I mentioned above that incase a suspect is not following orders , its better to equip all cops with bulletproof transparent shields . This will reduce casualty incidences of
a) Suspects who are just plain disobedient OR
b) Police making a wrong judgement.

I refrain from discussing what I do not know much about. I am an engineer by training not a lawyer, but I did a quick google and this was what a professor of Law in the US said:

VICE: What laws give cops the ability to use force, up to and including deadly force?

Paul H. Robinson: In all of these cases, there are really two different defenses at work. One is what's called the "law enforcement authority," that is, police officers are given a special right to use force that might otherwise be assault in order to make arrests. But the right to self-defense and the right to defense of others apply as well.

So for example, if a police officer shot somebody in order to arrest them for a misdemeanor, they're not authorized to use lethal force [in that case]. But if the person who they're arresting resists and threatens them with serious bodily injury, then they're not limited to the force that's authorized by the law enforcement authority—they then have the same right to self-defense that any citizen has.

In other words, if you're a cop and you move to cuff me because you saw me shoplifting and I pull out a knife, you can shoot me. And police officers don't have any special rights in that situation when they're directly under attack?

When police officers are under direct attack, they have the same right to use force as any citizen would. Now, what force can they use? That's when necessity and proportionality comes in.

Cops can only use force if it's necessary, and they have to use the least amount of force that is necessary. So if you can subdue somebody by grabbing them and throwing them to the ground, then you can't shoot and kill them. If you have a choice, you have to select the least harmful choice. This necessity requirement also has a timing component: You can't anticipate that someone's going to attack you. You have to wait until they do, and it becomes necessary for you in time to defend yourself.

The proportionality requirement says, even if this force is necessary to make an arrest or defend yourself, you still can't use that force if it exceeds a certain amount. This is where the use of lethal force has some special rules attached to it. You can only defend yourself with lethal force if you're threatened with serious bodily injury. If someone is threatening to push you to the ground, that's not serious bodily injury, so even if the only way to keep yourself from being pushed to the ground is to shoot the person, you can't. There are a number of jurisdictions where even if you're threatened with serious bodily injury, you can't use lethal force if you could just walk away. If you're in public and you can walk away safely, even if this creep is threatening you with serious bodily injury, your obligation is to walk away before you shoot him. This is the "stand-your-ground" debate, where [the laws in some states] say, "No, it's his fault, and if he's threatening you, you don't have to retreat." Other states say, "No, let's not have the confrontation." (This rule about retreating does not apply to the cops.)

6 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 1:53am On Aug 26, 2020
m
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 2:03am On Aug 26, 2020
[/quote]

[/url]
salford1:

I refrain from discussing what I do not know much about. I am an engineer by training not a lawyer, but I did a quick google and this was what a professor of Law in the US said:

About the police I was just pointing out the difficult scenariois cops go thru, they get vilified over split second decisions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 2:10am On Aug 26, 2020
basilico:

[/url]

About the police I was just pointing out the difficult scenariois cops go thru, they get vilified over split second decisions.
Well. That's why they pay them lots of money. If someone can't stand the weight and risk that comes with the job, then better to resign than kill someone and the law throws the book at you.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 2:13am On Aug 26, 2020
salford1:

Well. That's why they pay them lots of money. If someone can't stand the weight and risk that comes with the job, then better to resign than kill someone and the law throws the book at you.

Everyone should just obey. How does a cop know you aint going to shoot at him?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 2:15am On Aug 26, 2020
basilico:

Not all cops draw gun and shoot people. Is it all cops that do that?

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 2:17am On Aug 26, 2020
If your first instinct is to fire 7 bullet into the back of anyone that reaches for a wallet or a car, then maybe that person should not be a cop after all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 2:24am On Aug 26, 2020
salford1:
If your first instinct is to fire 7 bullet into the back of anyone that reaches for a wallet or a car, then maybe that person should not be a cop after all.

There are cases where narrative is created to achieve some leftist agenda when it comes to police.
Video about Obama son Trayvon Martin. The lawyer brought a fake witness to court posing as his girlfriend that he was on phone moments before.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=0s&v=QKionGJ-D5U&index=17&list=PLCbPsv7KJXtgpQyPVycChMwQEIRVyhFTK
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by CutieKing: 3:16am On Aug 26, 2020
America on the beat!!!...
In trump america, homeland dept staff (not judge) is now the one administering oath of allegiance on new citizens..
Nothing Musa no go see for gate.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by CutieKing: 3:28am On Aug 26, 2020
In the words of Chris Wallace in his subtle attack on Trump tonight,
"You cant keep calling some people washington swamps and portraying yourself as an outsider when you have spent almost 4yrs in the same washington.

WORDS ON MARBLE!!!

7 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Minent: 6:12am On Aug 26, 2020
Recently, someone got shot in the head!
I hope our BLM members can protest this one too.
No police involved.

Imagine people calling for the replace and defund of the police, are now shouting..... Call The Police!

SMH......

https://twitter.com/i/status/1298485363795623936

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Goodvibes007: 6:31am On Aug 26, 2020
Minent:
No police involved.

Imagine people calling for the replace and defund of the police, are now shouting..... Call The Police!

SMH......

Trump's America for you.
Trump has brought chaos and division to America.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Minent: 6:37am On Aug 26, 2020
Goodvibes007:

Trump's America for you.
Trump has brought chaos and division to America.

It was never Trump

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Goodvibes007: 6:42am On Aug 26, 2020
Minent:

It was never Trump
Okay. It is Obama.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 7:18am On Aug 26, 2020
sexylassie2:
The more black people continue to destroy what people
build the more hatred and racism against black people grow.
And you have evidence that it's black people or only black people that are destroying what people built. It is your own hatred of black people that continues to grow.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:06am On Aug 26, 2020
The lies these people are saying in the RNC is distasteful.
Eric Trump and Pam whatever her name is lied so much that MSNBC and CNN and other media houses had to be fact checking their claims.
How do these people get away with lying though.
So distasteful.
Now they have violated the hatch act too so much for law and order.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by obixcel(m): 8:30am On Aug 26, 2020
On the aftermath of Jacob Blake case, stuff the Lamestream Media hides from d public:
* Blake assaulted Police Officers because they tried to arrest him on an outstanding warrant
* He was a literal rapist
* A convicted domestic abuser
* A violent felon
* Finally Blake attempted to flee from d Officers and the Officers acted appropriately because He could have endangered children and passerbys OR possibly retrieved a weapon.

The Mainstream Media love using phrases such as, "unarmed Black man get shot by a White Police officer" They know it usually gets the undiscerning public enraged and hence the riots, violence and civil unrest without knowing the context.
I bet you till Jesus comes you will never see a headline in d Mainstream Media that says, unarmed Black man gets killed by his fellow Black man The media feeds the frenzy and are complicit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 9:40am On Aug 26, 2020
I posted the wrong video of an investigative film maker who found out that
Trayvon Martin girlfriend who appeared as a witness was an imposter . Trayvon Martin gal, Diamond Eugene was on phone with him moments before....
The famous black lawyer Benjamin Crump who appears everywhere a black is killed by a white dragged an autistic relative of Diamond, Rachel Jaentel to the stand, a case of judicial fraud , normal to democrats it seems.
George Zimmerman had been released but Obama and Sharpton piled in leading to his trial. And dont forget the riots and destruction that followed.
The media, the likes of CNN gaslit this case and have never revealed to its ardent visceral viewers of this gigantic hoax.
Here is the video. A bit long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAw5ykIPOBM

YouTube has made this video very hard to find. That instantly tells you the leftists there do not want you to know.
The comments on the youtube page are very telling.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Bluebyrd: 9:51am On Aug 26, 2020
wirinet:

And you have evidence that it's black people or only black people that are destroying what people built. It is your own hatred of black people that continues to grow.
It's BLM that are behind the destruction and black people will continue to be blamed for it until they stand up and condemn the terrorism of BLM. So long as they continue to excuse and support BLM terrorism, then the blame will rest on them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Bluebyrd: 9:55am On Aug 26, 2020
Viewership of RNC 2020 is blowing the Democrats out of the water!

Over 10M more than Dems

On C-SPAN, it was ×6 the number of viewers for the DNC

Enthusiasm is on the side Trump and those that love America

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by donjazet(m): 10:06am On Aug 26, 2020
It is very painful when you see black people justifying the death of a fellow black man who was by all accounts WRONGFULLY MURDERED.

These kind of excuses and justifications are what white people will give to justify their unconscious racial bias, but when you see your fellow black man giving these kind of excuses, you weep for the persons stupidity.

A man was walking away from the cop towards his car and a poorly trained cop unleashes SEVEN bullets upon the man killing him instantly on the spot IN FRONT OF his children, and your first instinct is to buy into the white racists' justification that he MAY have been reaching for his gun or a weapon, you go further to bring up his past to somehow justify his murder.

How can some black people be soo stupid because of politics??
Where is your empathy? Where is your sense of sympathy for his children who have now lost their father unnecessarily?
Have you thought of the trauma those children will have to live with for the rest of their lives having directly witnessed this?

Do you know how many times and for how long black people have lost their lives unnecessarily in the hands of whiteman there? Do you really think that the millions of people all over the world who truly defend the words BLACK LIVES MATTER are foolish?

Any black person who will defend the murder of a fellow black man is very stupid.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 10:27am On Aug 26, 2020
donjazet:
It is very painful when you see black people justifying the death of a fellow black man who was by all accounts WRONGFULLY MURDERED.

These kind of excuses and justifications are what white people will give to justify their unconscious racial bias, but when you see your fellow black man giving these kind of excuses, you weep for the persons stupidity.

A man was walking away from the cop towards his car and a poorly trained cop unleashes SEVEN bullets upon the man killing him instantly on the spot IN FRONT OF his children, and your first instinct is to buy into the white racists' justification that he MAY have been reaching for his gun or a weapon, you go further to bring up his past to somehow justify his murder.

Where is your empathy? Where is your sense of sympathy for his children who have now lost their father unnecessarily?
Have you thought of the trauma those children will have to live with for the rest of their lives having directly witnessed this?

Do you know how many times and for how long black people have lost their lives unnecessarily in the hands of whiteman there? Do you really think that the millions of people all over the world who truly defend the words BLACK LIVES MATTER are foolish?

Any black person who will defend the murder of a fellow black man is very stupid.

There is no justification in killing a blek man.
Is it justified to overblow a situation, ignore exculpatory evidence then where it exists

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 10:48am On Aug 26, 2020
Minent:
You guys needs to watch this before you judge a police officer.

Please watch this....

https://twitter.com/i/status/1298330729890242561
Do you know the meaning of racism? Its when idiots assume all black people act bad because some do. It'll be like stupidly assuming you are a 419er because you are Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 10:59am On Aug 26, 2020
basilico:

They are or should be trained to handle those "split second decisions" in appropriate thoughtful ways, and if they don't they are incompetent!

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 11:00am On Aug 26, 2020
basilico:

If everyone "just obey" there'd be no need for cops to enforce the law.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 11:10am On Aug 26, 2020
Minent:
No police involved.

SMH......

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by sexylassie2(f): 11:12am On Aug 26, 2020
wirinet:

Who looted during george floyd protest?
Who destroyed businesses in their communities
Who is presently looting now in that small town where a black criminal was shot in the back

Anytime protest happens, black people use that opportunity to loot and destroy businesses

These are facts not hatred of black people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by sexylassie2(f): 11:14am On Aug 26, 2020
donjazet:

sorry let it continue to pain you

if you can justify the killing of armed robbers of serial killers who are blacks then anybody can justify this shooting, if he had obeyed simple instruction and commands and not resist, he wont be shot.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (858) (859) (860) (861) (862) (863) (864) ... (4184) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.