Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,717 members, 7,865,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 06:59 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (859) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1710990 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (856) (857) (858) (859) (860) (861) (862) ... (4188) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Bluebyrd: 2:39am On Aug 25, 2020
Chicago Police arrested six protesters outside of Lori Lightfoot's house over the weekend.

While they did that—at least 60 people were shot in other parts of the city

Imagine if Democrats cared as much about keeping their citizens safe as they do their own personal mansions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Minent: 3:00am On Aug 25, 2020
Bluebyrd:
BLM burnt down a church with a sign outside that says "Black Lives Matter" in Wisconsin

BLM performing wonders

https://twitter.com/i/status/1297999649790402560

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 3:30am On Aug 25, 2020
Anyone watching the RNC? I watched 5 min then turned it off. Just as I thought it would be: scare tactics, fear mongering and romancing of conspiracy theories.
I turned the TV off after one Cuban Grandpa was talking about the democrats goal to turn the US to Cuba.

9 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 4:09am On Aug 25, 2020
The RNC trump dump convention is a Mess!
Cocaine is already trending because of don jr and his girlfriend
who are all going to jail.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 4:09am On Aug 25, 2020
salford1:
Anyone watching the RNC? I watched 5 min then turned it off. Just as I thought it would be: scare tactics, fear mongering and romancing of conspiracy theories.
I turned the TV off after one Cuban Grandpa was talking about the democrats goal to turn the US to Cuba.

They are a total mess.
even fox news are cutting away from most speeches

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by CutieKing: 4:09am On Aug 25, 2020
Bouquet of lies and alternative facts on full display at RNC currently going on

This just confirm only uneducated trumpstards can run with these blatant falsehoods.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by CutieKing: 5:28am On Aug 25, 2020
HYPOCRISY once again in full display tonight..
Half of tonight speakers were children of immigrants where according to them, America represents their hopes and dreams come true yet the product they are promoting (trump) keep building the wall and already banned same immigrants from multiple countries including nigeria who like those speakers could have achieved their own dreams in greenland America.

Do these people think others apart from their uneducated base are fools?..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 5:38am On Aug 25, 2020
CutieKing:
HYPOCRISY once again in full display tonight..
Half of tonight speakers were children of immigrants where according to them, America represents their hopes and dreams come true yet the product they are promoting (trump) keep building the wall and already banned same immigrants from multiple countries including nigeria who like those speakers could have achieved their own dreams in greenland America.

Do these people think others apart from their uneducated base are fools?..
The hypocrisy is outstanding. They are in already, so they care less about others trying to achieve the same dream - selfish lots. Other people aspiring for the American dream can go to hell as far as they are concerned cheesy

"The LORD observed the extent of human wickedness on the earth, and he saw that everything they thought or imagined was consistently and totally evil".

Another real Republican not voting for Trump:

6 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 6:04am On Aug 25, 2020
N
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 6:04am On Aug 25, 2020
Nancy Pelosi says law enforcement at the polls will scare voters.
She wants back lives matter and antifa to be used instead . She said the ratio blacks, latinos , people of color and whites blm/antifas will reflect the national spread.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by zendi: 10:15am On Aug 25, 2020
There is this saying around my village :

What is a man doing in his farm after dark if he's not planning to steal his neighbor's yam?

Why does the American Left insist on making voting easy for dogs, dems, cats, democats, illegals, ghosts and humans if no agenda to rig the election?

Please click on the Lunacy below and tell me how anybody with even half a brain would expect the madness called Vote Mailing/Harvesting to deliver anything but the father and mother of vote fraud, chaos and crisis.

People are out rioting in person and looting in person, and they live. How will they all die of Coronavirus by going out to vote in person if no intent to cheat-by-mail?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/05/26/what-is-ballot-harvesting-why-is-trump-so-against-it/&ved=2ahUKEwjcoLf18rXrAhVUi1wKHYlQBtAQFjABegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw3YoyFgWAphN8K2CcgaJ6Lm

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by zendi: 10:49am On Aug 25, 2020
basilico:
Nancy Pelosi says law enforcement at the polls will scare voters.
She wants back lives matter and antifa to be used instead . She said the ratio blacks, latinos , people of color and whites blm/antifas will reflect the national spread.
She's dreaming of being sworn in as president if Trump, Pence, plus Biden are swept aside by crisis resulting from chaotic election thro the instrumentality of Antifa/BLM.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by obixcel(m): 1:29pm On Aug 25, 2020
Obrigardo:
The RNC trump dump convention is a Mess!
Cocaine is already trending because of don jr and his girlfriend
who are all going to jail.
The DNC Convention was a joke. A dark and gloomy display.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ribbit2: 1:38pm On Aug 25, 2020
Cocaine convention grin

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 1:40pm On Aug 25, 2020
'He's going to be unleashed': Republican DOJ appointees urge against Trump second term

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/25/justice-department-against-trump-401279

A group of onetime Republican presidential appointees who served as senior ethics or Justice Department aides are endorsing Joe Biden for president, warning that Donald Trump has “weaponized” the executive branch and is putting in peril the legitimacy of the U.S. Justice Department.

“I think a lot of us are extremely alarmed, frankly, at the threat of autocracy,” Donald B. Ayer, former deputy attorney general during the George H.W. Bush administration, said in an interview with POLITICO. “He’s going to be unleashed if he gets a second term. I don’t know what’s going to stop him.”

The former officials endorsing Tuesday served under the Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush administrations.

The officials said they’re backing Biden in the hope of restoring “basic honesty and integrity to the U.S. Department of Justice and to Executive Branch decision-making.”

“There’s no reasonable choice here at all. Trump is a person who is utterly unfit to serve. I don’t want to be apocalyptic but if he were reelected then all of the tendencies that we’ve seen in the first term — and they keep getting scarier and scarier — would [only get worse] in terms of the militarization and peaceful protests and the use of the justice system to do whatever he wants.”

For his part, Trump has railed against Democrats taking the reins at the Justice Department, saying that Biden would radicalize the nation’s response to protests. Trump has said he is the president whose chief interest is in maintaining law and order.

The endorsement for Biden and against Trump from a cadre of Republicans comes on the second day of the Republican National Convention. On Monday, former U.S. Sen. Jeff Flake led more than two dozen former GOP congressmen in forming “Republicans for Biden,” to coincide with the launch of the convention. Other Republican appointees to endorse Biden on Tuesday:

— Alan Charles Raul, who served as vice chair of the White House Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board under George W. Bush and served in roles with George H.W. Bush as well as associate counsel to the president in the Reagan administration.

— Charles Fried, former U.S. solicitor general under the Reagan administration and an associate justice of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court.

— Stuart Gerson, who worked as assistant attorney general under George H. W. Bush.

— Peter Keisler, former U.S. acting attorney general under George W. Bush.

— Paul Rosenweig, who served in the department of Homeland Security under George W. Bush.

— Robert Shanks, former U.S. deputy assistant attorney general in the Reagan administration

— J.W. Verret, who served on Trump’s presidential transition staff.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 2:14pm On Aug 25, 2020
Ribbit2:
Cocaine convention grin

Red Bull gives you wings.... cheesy

https://twitter.com/i/status/1298078747103342592

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 2:29pm On Aug 25, 2020
salford1:

Fox News Criticized for Cutting Away from Republican National Convention

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2020/08/24/fox-news-criticized-for-cutting-away-from-republican-national-convention/

As the nation turned its eyes to the stage of the Republican National Convention on Monday night, Fox News’ live coverage was notably inconsistent.

“Can’t believe I have to watch the convention on @CNN,” Trump campaign Digital & Data Senior Advisor Brad Parscale tweeted just before 9:00 PM on the opening night of the Republican National Convention. “Unbelievable.” He was not alone.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 2:59pm On Aug 25, 2020
ZooOga:
Melania Trump caught on tape dissing Donald and Ivanka: tell-all memoir

By DAVE GOLDINER
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS |
AUG 24, 2020 AT 4:13 PM

You know what President Trump’s sister says about him. Now America is going to hear it straight from the mouth of his wife.

First lady Melania Trump has reportedly been taped making disparaging remarks about Trump, as well as his daughter, Ivanka.

An estranged confidant of Melania Trump plans to reveal what she had to say in a new tell-all book, one of a flood of damaging memoirs coming out during the months leading up to Election Day, journalist Yashar Ali revealed Monday.

Stephanie Winston Wolkoff, who helped run the Trump inauguration celebration, plans to dish on the first lady’s reaction to the infamous “Access Hollywood” tape, in which her husband bragged of handling women, and her relationship with the president’s favorite daughter.

“Wolkoff takes you into Trump Tower and the White House to tell the funny, thrilling, and heartbreaking story of her intimate friendship with one of the most famous women in the world,” a preview of the book reveals.

“Melania and Me: The Rise and Fall of My Friendship with The First Lady” will be published by Simon & Schuster’s Gallery Books on Sept. 1.

It was not immediately clear when or where the alleged recordings of Melania were made. In New York and some states, only one participant in a conversation needs to legally consent to being taped.

Wolkoff also vows to pull back the curtain on Melania Trump’s life with President Trump in the White House, including whether she is happy as First Lady and her message behind her infamous “I really don’t care” jacket

Wolkoff was a friend of Melania Trump for more than a decade and produced the Met Gala, among other big-time events.

The pair had a major falling out over her handling of the $107 million inauguration, which has been dogged by questions and even a federal investigation.

Wolkoff says she was made a scapegoat by Melania for the decisions of President Trump and his aides.

The tell-all will hit bookshelves about the same time as other damaging behind-the-scenes looks at Trump in the frantic final sprint to the Nov. 3 election.

President Trump’s niece last week revealed that Mary Barry Trump, the president’s sister and a retired federal judge, was taped saying that he has “no morals” and is an inveterate liar.

Trump’s longtime lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen plans to dish dirt from his key role in keeping the skeletons from Trump’s decades of scandals in the closet.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-melania-trump-donald-tape-memoir-20200824-vbaq4ryqmfcatefefzukw3heq4-story.html

Very interesting when Melania Trump is a year younger than Kimberly Guildfoyle

Donald Trump Jr (twice married) girlfriend Kimberly Guildfoyle is older than his dad's wife - Melania Trump

What a family of values

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by armyofone(m): 3:02pm On Aug 25, 2020
Kim was on another level grin grin
I kept wondering what happened to Jr eyes too. It was so red maybe red contact lenses came to my mind.

Obrigardo:

They are a total mess.
even fox news are cutting away from most speeches

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 3:11pm On Aug 25, 2020
feedthenation:

'He's going to be unleashed': Republican DOJ appointees urge against Trump second term

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/25/justice-department-against-trump-401279

A group of onetime Republican presidential appointees who served as senior ethics or Justice Department aides are endorsing Joe Biden for president, warning that Donald Trump has “weaponized” the executive branch and is putting in peril the legitimacy of the U.S. Justice Department.

“I think a lot of us are extremely alarmed, frankly, at the threat of autocracy,” Donald B. Ayer, former deputy attorney general during the George H.W. Bush administration, said in an interview with POLITICO. “He’s going to be unleashed if he gets a second term. I don’t know what’s going to stop him.”

The former officials endorsing Tuesday served under the Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush administrations.

The officials said they’re backing Biden in the hope of restoring “basic honesty and integrity to the U.S. Department of Justice and to Executive Branch decision-making.”

“There’s no reasonable choice here at all. Trump is a person who is utterly unfit to serve. I don’t want to be apocalyptic but if he were reelected then all of the tendencies that we’ve seen in the first term — and they keep getting scarier and scarier — would [only get worse] in terms of the militarization and peaceful protests and the use of the justice system to do whatever he wants.”

For his part, Trump has railed against Democrats taking the reins at the Justice Department, saying that Biden would radicalize the nation’s response to protests. Trump has said he is the president whose chief interest is in maintaining law and order.

The endorsement for Biden and against Trump from a cadre of Republicans comes on the second day of the Republican National Convention. On Monday, former U.S. Sen. Jeff Flake led more than two dozen former GOP congressmen in forming “Republicans for Biden,” to coincide with the launch of the convention. Other Republican appointees to endorse Biden on Tuesday:

— Alan Charles Raul, who served as vice chair of the White House Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board under George W. Bush and served in roles with George H.W. Bush as well as associate counsel to the president in the Reagan administration.

— Charles Fried, former U.S. solicitor general under the Reagan administration and an associate justice of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court.

— Stuart Gerson, who worked as assistant attorney general under George H. W. Bush.

— Peter Keisler, former U.S. acting attorney general under George W. Bush.

— Paul Rosenweig, who served in the department of Homeland Security under George W. Bush.

— Robert Shanks, former U.S. deputy assistant attorney general in the Reagan administration

— J.W. Verret, who served on Trump’s presidential transition staff.

This is bad. The republican party is wrecked.
It should just be renamed Trump's Party of Deplorables or better still Qanon Party of America.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 3:11pm On Aug 25, 2020
feedthenation:

Fox News Criticized for Cutting Away from Republican National Convention

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2020/08/24/fox-news-criticized-for-cutting-away-from-republican-national-convention/

As the nation turned its eyes to the stage of the Republican National Convention on Monday night, Fox News’ live coverage was notably inconsistent.

“Can’t believe I have to watch the convention on @CNN,” Trump campaign Digital & Data Senior Advisor Brad Parscale tweeted just before 9:00 PM on the opening night of the Republican National Convention. “Unbelievable.” He was not alone.
The 5 minutes I reluctantly watched was on CNN too before I shut the damn thing off. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 3:18pm On Aug 25, 2020
To those who are interested, the full coverage of Day 1 of the RNC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ1BVOj0EYE

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ZooOga: 5:12pm On Aug 25, 2020
dramatic stat if accurate!

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Goodvibes007: 5:15pm On Aug 25, 2020
Michael Cohen (Trump's former attorney and fixer) just released a video begging people to avoid Trump. He said the RNC conference is going to be full of lies and deceit.

He basically summarized Trump as a criminal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_20vrE95OF0

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 5:51pm On Aug 25, 2020
The Kimberly guifoyle challenge on twitter is hillarious cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Minent: 6:19pm On Aug 25, 2020
So Sad!

Black Lives Matters is just an agenda
And people are getting killed.
A man trying to protect his shop got assaulted ........ Just imagine the reverse was the case!
I pray he's still Alive.
The hipocrasy of the so called Agenda.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1298210964018429952

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 7:57pm On Aug 25, 2020
CNN is no longer fake news or part of the deepstate anymore cheesy

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 8:31pm On Aug 25, 2020
salford1:

Trump is mocking CNN. the coverage was negative.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 8:39pm On Aug 25, 2020
Trump's fantastic beautiful wall around the WH

He can come out and play now, instead of hiding in the WH bunker

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:41pm On Aug 25, 2020
salford1:
When they agree with him it is good news when they disagree it is fake news.
Delusional clown cheesy

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ribbit2: 8:50pm On Aug 25, 2020
AmazonTopaz:
The Kimberly guifoyle challenge on twitter is hillarious cheesy grin
lmao

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by zendi: 8:55pm On Aug 25, 2020
Bluebyrd:
BLM burnt down a church with a sign outside that says "Black Lives Matter" in Wisconsin

Serves the idiot pastor just right.
God is angry with the coward.
Rev 21:8

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (856) (857) (858) (859) (860) (861) (862) ... (4188) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.