Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,939 members, 7,828,306 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? (18586 Views)

This Boy Was Involved In An Accident That Killed His Father. Do You Know Him? / Why Do Kids Obey Their Father More Than Mothers? / Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by tosinaded(m): 9:08pm On May 27, 2010
y injury no go finish him career undecided
now no world cup. . . . . .
more to come,till he lands in his father's house
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by Sonofpeace(m): 9:54pm On May 27, 2010
tosinaded@:

y injury no go finish him career undecided
now no world cup. . . . . .
more to come,till he lands in his father's house
Really? May be he is lacking his father's blessing. That guy need deliverance.
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by Sonofpeace(m): 10:02pm On May 27, 2010
chika98:

A good father you should say. There's a BIG difference between having just a father and a [b]good [/b]father.

Thank you mister. The man was a father but probably not a good father and you dont expect every dad to be a great dad after all in every twelve there must be a judas.
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by osifred(m): 12:58am On May 28, 2010
some comment are jst unnecessary here. what ever be d case there is some element of neglect on d part of michael essien.
if it was me i wil take proper care of my dad despite d circumstance because d dad was nt having enough to carter for all essien's need but he tried his best so he said
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by Tattooboy: 11:30am On May 28, 2010
ha ha
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by btlasisi(m): 12:19pm On May 29, 2010
[b]I have been following this thread from the beginning and could not hold my mute anylonger on this matter.

I feel ashamed of being ME fan ( i will always support Chelsea anyway).

How can he leave his father to die in abject poverty?

His he wiser than God that has blessed him with this wealth?

What has he done with his wealth that will make his people to be proud of him?

I think the main problem is ME's mother. She saw that the man was married with many wives before she agreed to marry the poor man and had children for him. She requested for divorce and was not kicked out of the house by Papa JK. The man still within his capacity supported ME morally till he started his career.

Has he taken a good look at his footballing career lately and meditate over his present ordeal?

Has he another father?

Would he celebrate the demise of his sworn enemy if his father dies today or would he complain of loosing someone he never cared for?

Let ME leave God to be the judge and play his own role as a good son.

People should stop using their generational age to judge past events. Polygamy was African thing in the past. We can not change our past but we can shape our future.

I rest my case
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by zylkenny(m): 9:32am On May 30, 2010
1. M.E's dad married 4wives. So what? Dont support polygamy but 'twas a norm those days. Muslims marry more
2. He was earning a £3 and had 4wives and kids.
I've seen poorer men marry more wives
3. M.E should 4give his dad. What was d old man's crime? Marrying 4wives? And y didnt M.E's ma say "no" when He approached her? D woman has no blame 4saying "Yes" 2a man wit 3wives already bt d man has blame 4 "distributn spermatozoa" as some put it??
4. M.E hasnt refuted any'f d old man's claims on neglect and financial support. Till He says otherwise,i'll stick 2this
5. Why are y'all dodging the glaring fact that the chelsea star is just heartless. For Pete's sake,i'd help a total stranger not to talk of my dad!! Go to the thread "fatherless nairalander needs help" and see what ppl are doin 4sum1 whose a stranger and possible scammer.
Simply put; M.E has a very very cold heart
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by zylkenny(m): 9:40am On May 30, 2010
btlasisi:

[b]I have been following this thread from the beginning and could not hold my mute anylonger on this matter.

I feel ashamed of being ME fan ( i will always support Chelsea anyway).

How can he leave his father to die in abject poverty?

His he wiser than God that has blessed him with this wealth?

What has he done with his wealth that will make his people to be proud of him?

I think the main problem is ME's mother. She saw that the man was married with many wives before she agreed to marry the poor man and had children for him. She requested for divorce and was not kicked out of the house by Papa JK. The man still within his capacity supported ME morally till he started his career.

Has he taken a good look at his footballing career lately and meditate over his present ordeal?

Has he another father?

Would he celebrate the demise of his sworn enemy if his father dies today or would he complain of loosing someone he never cared for?

Let ME leave God to be the judge and play his own role as a good son.

People should stop using their generational age to judge past events. Polygamy was African thing in the past. We can not change our past but we can shape our future.

I rest my case
[/b]

well said!!!
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by olawahle: 11:24am On May 30, 2010
this is too sad.let me reat lettle of my story before i know my dad i was arand age of 12 and he know were im living but is not look after me and ask of me is my mum and my gramum takecake of me.but no mater haw my father is still my father
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by honeric01(m): 3:55pm On May 30, 2010
For the pro-essien's alleged actions, i have few questions for you lot.
1- was essien's mum blind to have married a man with 3 wives?
2- after getting married to the old man, was'nt the man performing the duty of a husband and a father to both the mum and essien?
3- how would essien's mum want the man to divorce the rest wives just to be with only her?
4- was the man only inresponsible to just essien or to all essien's siblings?
5- who paid for his educational and football career while he was here in africa?
6- from the articles, it seems the rest siblings have access to the father but can't make significant changes to the man's life, why then is essien acting as if the man was an inresponsible father?
7- what if its essien's mum thats really runing the show, cutting off all the alleged money sent to the dad by essien through his mum?
8- what about the rest of essien's siblings, was the dad also inresponsible to them too not to have gotten help from whatever essien must have given to them or were they inresponsible to essien too?

I think the root of the problem was buried into essien's heart by the greedy mum, she must have planted hate in the heart of her kids directly or indirectly.
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by suprted(m): 5:28pm On May 30, 2010
mschheewww.

so because essien lucked out and manages to earn a hefty wedge a week, the rest of the family should stop working or trying to take care of themselves? this is why africa will never move forward. i've even read people here saying he should pay for the extended family. where were they when i was poor?

and smh at the people who are acting like a talent like michael essien wouldn't have eventually risen to the top. when even people who's parents used to ban them from playing football managed to make pro careers from themselves.
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by cheknus: 6:42pm On May 30, 2010
Believe it or not this is a big shame to micheal essien. damn!! just check out that pix. Are u the only one ur parents didn't help or train. You need to see the father of your fellow african foothballers of international repute. infact, come to nigeria and see for urself. kanu nwankwo's dad lives in a castle.
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by GL(f): 7:45pm On May 30, 2010
i think Essien should do more to support his father, i mean he should help even a stranger living in such terrible conditions. but he really doesn't owe his father anything. parents owe their kids love and care until they become adults because no child asks to be born. anyone who decides to bring a child into this world should be ready to take responsibility for all the child's needs. it's unfair to give birth to more children than you can afford to take care of financially, emotionally, physically etc.

there are too many men leaving their wives to hustle for their kids, this is why many children grow up with a greater sense of responsibility towards their mothers than their fathers. sometimes its not even that the fathers aren't there for the kids, it's the way they maltreat the mothers that make the children lose every feeling of attachment to them. children always feel more sympathetic and attached to the abused parent, you can't abuse your wife and at the same time forge a closer relationship with your kids. it's simply impossible.

it's possible Essien does a lot more for even strangers but not for his father because he is bitter about some issues from his childhood. parents do some things that hurt so badly at times and the child just feels like severing all ties with that parent. we don't all react to issues the same way, maybe Essien's siblings have less emotional baggage from their childhood than he does. or maybe they feel the same way and are all avoiding their father and that's why he's really suffering.
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by harakiri(m): 2:20am On May 31, 2010
suprted:

mschheewww. 

so because essien lucked out and manages to earn a hefty wedge a week, the rest of the family should stop working or trying to take care of themselves?  this is why africa will never move forward.  i've even read people here saying he should pay for the extended family.  where were they when i was poor?

and smh at the people who are acting like a talent like michael essien wouldn't have eventually risen to the top.  when even people who's parents used to ban them from playing football managed to make pro careers from themselves.   

If you earned just 10% of what Micheal Essien makes in a week, would you allow your dad live like this? Nobody is saying Mike should carry the responsiblities of Ghana (don't deviate the topic please).What people are saying is that he's in a position to do better.It's not a must, neither is it a do or die affair.At the tail end, it speaks volumes about the sort of person you really are.Like someone said earlier in this thread, forgiveness is a trait of matured minds. In between, what did Pa Essien do that deserves forgiveness? Polygamy? Last time i checked, it wasn't a crime and decades ago, a man of my age would be contemplating marrying a second or even third wife by now.Times have changed and men my age aren't even thinking of settling down yet not to talk of marrying more wives.Back in the day, Polygamy was practiced by both the rich and the poor.Don't let your sentiments get in way of your judgement.Pa Essien DID NOTHING WRONG! ! !

Even Essien's fellow team players would be looking down their noses on him right now coz he has really exposed how petty,vindictive and immature he really is.There are several African international players who have been through worse than Essien and yet, their fathers live like Kings. If it was a woman that was doing this, i would understand but he is a MAN for crying out loud! How can a man be so petty? 90,000 pounds a week is approximately N25 million weekly.That means he makes approximately N1.2 billion naira a year from basic allowances alone. . .endorsement deals excluded.Some past corrupt politicians in this country can't boast of that kind of money.For someone to be that blessed and yet, have it in him to let his father suffer in such inhumane conditions shows the sort of "man" he really is.

No wonder some people's prayers are NEVER answered coz the "God" they serve knows how petty and wicked they would be to their fellow human beings!
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by harakiri(m): 2:49am On May 31, 2010
We can show our disdain for Mike by sending messages on his website :

http://www.michaelessiengh.com/contactus.html
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by harakiri(m): 2:50am On May 31, 2010
Even if he doesn't get to read it, at least someone close to him will.

I'm out.
smiley
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by cap28: 10:51am On May 31, 2010
this old man wants to reap where he did not sow, how can a human being bring so many children into this world with no thought as to how he intends to feed and nurture them, even animals look after their young, okay now that he has produced all these children, it so happens one became a millionaire and now he feels that he deserves a return on what he thinks is his investment.

The old man should go and sit down, that is not how to bring up children, the way you treat your children as they are growing up is the way they will reward you when they become adults themselves. If michael starts spending money on him he will not have learnt that it is wrong to abandon your own flesh and blood when they need you the most.

I personally would not bother with the old man, let him learn his lesson the hard way.
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by dominique(f): 6:38am On Jun 01, 2010
cap28:

this old man wants to reap where he did not sow, how can a human being bring so many children into this world with no thought as to how he intends to feed and nurture them, even animals look after their young, okay now that he has produced all these children, it so happens one became a millionaire and now he feels that he deserves a return on what he thinks is his investment. 

The old man should go and sit down, that is not how to bring up children, the way you treat your children as they are growing up is the way they will reward you when they become adults themselves.  If michael starts spending money on him he will not have learnt that it is wrong to abandon your own flesh and blood when they need you the most.

I personally would not bother with the old man, let him learn his lesson the hard way.

when did two wrongs make a right? how can you even justify what he's doing. you are one morally bankrupt and if i'm related to likes of you (thank God i'm not). i would have cut them out of my life ages ago.
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by cap28: 11:19pm On Jun 01, 2010
dominique:

when did two wrongs make a right? how can you even justify what he's doing. you are one morally bankrupt and if i'm related to likes of you (thank God i'm not). i would have cut them out of my life ages ago.

say what - I AM MORALLY BANKRUPT but an old man who brought over 15 children into the world with no plan on how to feed them is a paragon of morality? Jeez you need to go see a shrink as soon as possible. 

Let me ask you something, do you think this old man would be bothering with Michael if he were poor and living over in Ghana with him, do you think this man would be making a nuisance of himself tracking Michael's every move if he were some poor nobody in Ghana with him, where has he been for most of Michael's life, oh let me guess fathering more children, give me a break!!!
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by Lanko0071: 4:04pm On Jun 28, 2010
3 units of 2008 corolla that just came from US for sale, just 15k miles (N2.5m). Very clean, just came in from US. Also, 2004 nissan morano (N2.85, Acura TL (1.5m), and Benz E class (1.7m). Interested? call or text to 08023679519 or mail lanko2004@hotmail.com. So sorry for breaking your topic. All prices negotiable
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by presido1: 7:40pm On Jul 01, 2010
The condition of his dad shows he don't donate to charity cus charity should start from home.It will be the biggest hypocrisy if he ever do.  I wonder what people make all these money for if not to help the less previllaged. Just fall asleep and you will forget all you have then think of when you are no more.

What ever agro you have with you father, he is still your father. Let take out the financial aspect, so if M.E see where somebody is beating his dad up he will overlook him and go the other way cus of what may have happened donkey yeas ago. Those of you in support of him(ME) will you support him in the above scenario

That is why Man United is diff, SAF wont let this happen to a father of his player. Ask Mikel how much his dad/family recieved prior to his coming to England
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by Itydee(m): 5:26pm On Jul 14, 2010
Tufiakwa, I'd rather die than treat my father this way. The bible is instructive of how to treat family members. read the Story of Joseph. I bet Essien will invite Ghana and the whole world to come and sympathize with him on the burial of his father if he will outlive his father ooo. If you r a father you will feel the pains of child rearing Can Essien tell me or anybody tell me the stress the man went through with that woman to convince her to go to bed with him in the first place. How many times he had to make love to her to get her pregnant, the wahala women pass through and give men through out pregnancy. Did Essien pay for his delivery in the hospital. The naming ceremony, the child dedication, The mothers feeding and his own for that two years? Did Essien pass through the nags the coercion and frustration of his mother's effort to destroy all of the man's family. have you ever been abandoned by a woman you loved and all your kids that you r fond of taken away from you? Did she leave because he was bad or because he refused to scatter all he has ever lived for. Essiens' mother was wicked. Thank God she left and did not poison every body so she could stay. If there was plenty money would she have left? I hope Essien will not attempt to build a befitting house in his village to accommodate visitors and international football star and friends when the father is dead. To wht benefit will that bring? Does he know he can go back and be as poor as a church rat by the time he gets to his father's age? Let him ask Etim Esin how life has been or Mike Tyson and a lot of famous stars even Michael Jackson if he was still alive. There is nothing like a fathers' blessings. Im almost crying as Im hacking away on this goddamn tirade. God forbid instead of treating my father like this make I perish. I dont care for his care, I care for my obligation to him as my progenitor. The woman or wife Essien will spend his money what has she done for him? Who took him to football academy did he go there by himself and talked for himself and did he know if the father bribed to let him stay? Its God's blessing that made him, he is not the only star on earth. He has missed world cup and might lose his space to Mikel in Chelsea. Very soon he will be foot ball history so wht will he make of life. The father will die a fulfilled man at east the state might bury him for Essiens' sake but wht about him Essien and his married life. Has he started yet to feel the pains of having a woman to pester him? I write like a father with tons of responsibilities though. Please judge well oo every body. If you are a father judge well others might not understand but fathers do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Husband Gives Me N10 Per Meal To Feed A Family Of Six – Woman Tells Court / What's That Thing You Hate To Purchase But You Need It Everyday? /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.