Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? (18588 Views)

This Boy Was Involved In An Accident That Killed His Father. Do You Know Him? / Why Do Kids Obey Their Father More Than Mothers? / Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by mamagee3(f): 1:41am On May 25, 2010
OMG!

Is that the house of a World-Class Athlete? shocked shocked

Now, I believe most of these so called "wealthy" athletes are stingy as heck or should I say selfish!

Who would have thought with all the money he makes in a week, any of his relatives would be living in a poor condition worse than an avergae worker.

This is a complete disgrace!
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by OAM4J: 1:42am On May 25, 2010
@tpia

The other children might not be as blessed/lucky as Michael.

I disapprove the man involvement of the press, but poverty and frustration make people do stupid things.
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by vivaladiva(f): 1:46am On May 25, 2010
my own father left everything about my  upbringing to my mum,if i become rich 2mrw
him sef know sey them no born him papa well to complain about what ever i decide to give him, thats if i give him anything at all
essien papa dey mad for him bone marrow
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by Nobody: 1:47am On May 25, 2010
OAM4J:

@tpia

The other children might not be as blessed/lucky as Michael.

I disapprove the man involvement of the press, but poverty and frustration make people do silly things.

^^ assuming the man has at least 4 children from each of his 4 wives.

that's 16 kids minus michael= 15.

i'm sure they could gather something together if they set their minds to it and build their father a concrete and painted house.

are they also not finding the situation embarassing or they want michael to take the rap. [email][/email]
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by OAM4J: 2:06am On May 25, 2010
^^^ Agreed. The other children should rally round their father.

Unfortunately we dont know the condition of living of these other children, may be worse than their father's

But I know Michael's bank account will not feel any impact, if he decides to give his father a decent living condition.
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by Nobody: 2:10am On May 25, 2010
^^well, there are two sides to every story.

i'm sure michael isnt intentionally trying to punish his father regardless what people are saying.

there are people who, when you give them money, will use that money to your detriment. I'm not saying that's the case here, but the father seems very traditional.

the other kids should rally round, build him something, and send michael the bill even if he doesnt pay it.
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by HayYlay(m): 3:02am On May 25, 2010
Despite all the sad sides of the story. Essien is goat-head. Some one who earns more than 15million naira evry week(thusday) has an isue lyk this. If he tink say he head hot make he change papa nah. Your father is ur father no matter what. If it were me nobody in that family will suffer unles nah swear. I will discard all past itches no matter wat it takes. Rabbish essien. But it could be that there is smtin behind the scene we dnt know abt. U neva can tel.
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by HayYlay(m): 3:04am On May 25, 2010
Despite all the sad sides of the story. Essien is goat-head. Some one who earns more than 15million naira evry week(thusday) has an isue lyk this. If he tink say he head hot make he change papa nah. Your father is ur father no matter what. If it were me nobody in that family will suffer unles nah swear. I will discard all past itches no matter wat it takes. Rabbish essien. But it could be that there is smtin behind the scene we dnt know abt. U neva can tel.

Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by Outstrip(f): 3:06am On May 25, 2010
Your child is also your child no matter what. How does a father go more than a decade without seeing his son. Your rule seems to be one sided.
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by OAM4J: 3:33am On May 25, 2010
^^It is difficult to see a child who doesn't want to see you

Question: But you know where to contact him when he is in Ghana.

James Essien: No I do not. There was this time I heard he was in Ghana and would be training at the stadium so I dressed in my best cloths and travelled all the way to Accra…After the training I went to the dressing room but when my son saw me, he bent his head as if he was lacing his boots and remained there for over 15 minutes so I went to him and raised his head.
Michael asked me who brought me to the stadium and it came to me as a surprise and I told him I was playing football at the stadium before he was born….When he got ready to leave I followed him to his car and reminded him that I came to see him for a discussion but he insisted he was busy.
I then asked for transportation back home but he did not give me and asked me to meet him at Novotel the next Monday. I managed to perch with friends in Accra and finally got to Novotel on Monday only to be told Michael Essien left the country Friday night soon after my meeting with him
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by Outstrip(f): 3:56am On May 25, 2010
OAM4J:

^^It is difficult to see a child who doesn't want to see you

By his fathers admission he had not seen his son since he was a child. Stop making excuses for the man. He did not feel responsible to this child because after all he had 3 other wives and children. It happens everyday. What would stop a man from seeing his child. What exactly? If he really wanted to see his child nothing could have stopped him especially since that child lived in that same country.
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by OAM4J: 4:30am On May 25, 2010
^^ I am not making excuse for Michael's father neither am I buying the father's story totally.

I think he should do much more for his mother who stood by him all through.

But my point is, no blood of Michael deserves to live like that, especially his father.

I dont know if am too merciful, i just feel his father deserves some mercies (however few) from him.

Question: Could it be he was hurt because you neglected him as a child?

James Essien: Ha ha ha ha. I did not neglect Michael. When the mother and I broke up, he was about two years so all the children stayed with her but they always came to me during festivals and some holidays, it was after he got to France that I stopped hearing from him and had never had his number.
I looked after him and I was the one who even sent him to Sewedro Secondary school after his JSS. On that day I even had an accident and this is a story many people in Sewedro still remember. From there he had a scholarship to St. Augustine.
I must confess I was not sending him money when he was in school but it was not deliberate because I was not having money at the time… I did my best to look after him but as a revenue collector what could I have done. I took him to secondary school, when he had the Liberty opportunity I played a major role. You ask Alhaji Sly Tetteh.
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by Nobody: 4:55am On May 25, 2010
Essien was the last born of his mother who was also the last wife of her ex-husband. That makes Essien the last child of pa James. I doubt Pa James cared very much for his son . . . all of a sudden he doesnt understand why he lives in poverty? Perhaps he shld tell us why he decided to marry 5 wives.
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by Ibime(m): 7:57am On May 25, 2010
Essien would not be the first guy from polygamous family, neither would he be the first from a broken home. As the old man has said, even after the break-up, he was still hustling to get Essien scholarship for school. The old man would not complain if he was eating properly. He would have no reason to complain. Essien need to settle the guy sharpish so the old man can enjoy his last days.
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:02am On May 25, 2010
When I hear things like this i feel extremely hurt by the fact that people do not often look at the origins of the situation.

A male child presents an extremely challenging prospects for a family let alone a single mother who is poor. Whether we like it or not in Africa, it is a man's world and as tough as things are, many unfortunate, destitute single mothers have to raise a MAN in tough conditions where many male children compete for very scarce opportunities. just take a look at the peddlers and hawkers on the roads and see how many are female.

I don't know the circumstances that led to Michael Essien's father breaking up with the Mom,but i will always say this, regardless of your un-resolvable differences, ALWAYS put the welfare of your children into perspective not your quarrels. No matter how tough it gets, never abandon a new-born in a trash-bin, never abandon your children because of poverty, never abandon your child because you cannot stand the mother any longer, Michael Essien did not ask to be born and neither does he owe his father ANYTHING (not one penny). The moment you make a decision to bear a child, you OWE that child everything to make sure he becomes a better person, your responsibility stops the minute your child decides to get married and start his/her own family. Many Parents make the mistake to think that because they brought a child into this world, the child owes them their lives. NO!! No child asks to be born so when you decide to bear a child, better take care of that child until he/she is old enough to bear the responsibility of bearing children (and the cycle goes on)

If Essien decides to take care of his father who abandoned the family years ago, then it is because of his good character and kind heart not because he is trying to Honor his Father (as most Bible-quoting professionals will point out). If Essien never made it in Football as much as he has today, would the father even care that he has a son? angry

Be happy that he even remembers you  angry
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by Sonofpeace(m): 8:41am On May 25, 2010
Having heard from both sides, i have to agree that the father is a d.i.c.k controlled man like it is the case with so many african men that does not know the value of family. They dont have any long term plan for their family. But we have to be sincere with ourselves, essiens father did all that are expected from a poor dad. He kick started essiens educational life and finally he used his connections in ghana football as a former footballer to get his son(essien) into the under aged team and also into liberty professionals. This poor man deserves more than he is getting or may be something is fishing. Essiens mother like typical ghana women can do anything for money, this said women no doubt she suffered for his son while he was growing up, but from i have witnessed when i was in ghana their women can go to any extend just for money even to the extend of killing their husbands to inherit their wealth. This is the reason why there are more land ladies than landlords in Ghana.
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by Absu(m): 8:44am On May 25, 2010
@all supporting essia,i dnt blame u all,jst pray u get 2 experince it so u can c reasons wit d poor man.Some coments 4rm some ppl wil even mak u wonder if they actually go tru d passage.D rift neva started 4rm d poor man who is sufèring nw,bt 4rm d greedy wowan who is enjoying d wealth a praise 4 raising a world star.Where was she wen d man was runin around to c 4 his sch/ship and 2give him a lead 2 his career,even 2 d point of having accident.All i knw is dat M.E is a fool 4 allowin his moda 2 make him treat his fada d way he is doing.Look @ d miserable state of health d fada of a present day,world class footballer, is subjected 2 and most of u ar here talkin bull.shit.I dnt blame u pple at all because i am yet 2 c d saying dat blood is thicker dan wata in him.Why i am even angry self,i think d old man's way of going public is best so dat d whole world'd c d kind of star he is.Come 2 Nneni and ask of Mikel's fada!
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by Absu(m): 8:50am On May 25, 2010
@all supporting essia,i dnt blame u all,jst pray u get 2 experince it so u can c reasons wit d poor man.Some coments 4rm some ppl wil even mak u wonder if they actually go tru d passage.D rift neva started 4rm d poor man who is sufèring nw,bt 4rm d greedy wowan who is enjoying d wealth a praise 4 raising a world star.Where was she wen d man was runin around to c 4 his sch/ship and 2give him a lead 2 his career,even 2 d point of having accident.All i knw is dat M.E is a fool 4 allowin his moda 2 make him treat his fada d way he is doing.Look @ d miserable state of health d fada of a present day,world class footballer, is subjected 2 and most of u ar here talkin bull.shit.I dnt blame u pple at all because i am yet 2 c d saying dat blood is thicker dan wata in him.Why i am even angry self,i think d old man's way of going public is best so dat d whole world'd c d kind of star he is.Come 2 Nneni and ask of Mikel's fada!
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by Absu(m): 8:52am On May 25, 2010
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by babsmii(m): 9:38am On May 25, 2010
I CAN'T BELIEVE THOSE PICS,
SO ESSIEN WILL ACTUALLY GO TO GHANA AND LODGE IN A 5-STAR HOTEL, LEAVING HIS FATHER TO ROT IN ONE ABANDONED VILLAGE,
YOU ALL SUPPORTING ESSIEN FOR ONE REASON OR THE OTHER, I WISH YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT IT MEANS TO BE THAT OLD WITH A RICH KID AND YET YOU'RE NOT REGARDED OR HIM. IT'S NOT FAIR ON THE PART OF ESSIEN AND I HOPE HE'LL CHANGE FOR BETTER.
FOR HIS SIBLINGS, THEY SHOULD ALL GET A LIFE.
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by harakiri(m): 9:57am On May 25, 2010
@Post

I normally don't reply to posts like these due to the sentimental nature but i just couldn't help myself.

YES, his father wasn't there for him,abandoned him at a tender age and YES, his father is an irresponsible bigot.Even with all these, you have to understand that people of the man's time married wives like these and still got remembered in their old age.I do agree that he Mike doesn't owe him anything but for humanity sake, he can do better.Did you see the foot of that man? That foot looks infected with tetanus.Living the man to die from a cheap illness wouldn't make Mike sleep better at night.I know what i'm talking about coz I HAVE BEEN THERE!

My parents had issues early in life and from the age of 5, i didn't know a father till i was in the university.Even when i came to him from school for needs and such, he would send me out of his house and refer me back to my mom.My university days were very rough but i came through.My dad died the same year i finished (2003).Even though i was angry with him at the time, i still wish i could see him again.If he were alive today and he beckoned on me for help, i would not forsake him. . .not because he deserves it but for humanity sake. There are people who were abandoned by their mothers at infancy, grew up in foster homes, hustled on the street, made it in life and STILL LOOK FOR THEIR PARENTS WHO ABANDONED THEM TO DIE! You don't know what you have till it's gone.Money isn't everything and revenge ain't always sweet served cold.After the cold taste comes an unending bitterness.

I don talk finish.
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by PeepingTom: 10:25am On May 25, 2010
Michael Essien has gone down a peg or two in my eyes. Haba!
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by afib4all(m): 10:34am On May 25, 2010
am confussed i dont no how true is the story but all in all our parent are still our parent, no matter what dey've done 4us good or bad when we are successful in life after ourself they are nxt to enjoy. Essien nothing is too big for you to do for ur father.
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by harakiri(m): 10:52am On May 25, 2010
Absu:

@all supporting essia,i dnt blame u all,jst pray u get 2 experince it so u can c reasons wit d poor man.Some coments 4rm some ppl wil even mak u wonder if they actually go tru d passage.D rift neva started 4rm d poor man who is sufèring nw,bt 4rm d greedy wowan who is enjoying d wealth a praise 4 raising a world star.Where was she wen d man was runin around to c 4 his sch/ship and 2give him a lead 2 his career,even 2 d point of having accident.All i knw is dat M.E is a fool 4 allowin his moda 2 make him treat his fada d way he is doing.Look @ d miserable state of health d fada of a present day,world class footballer, is subjected 2 and most of u ar here talkin bull.poo.I dnt blame u pple at all because i am yet 2 c d saying dat blood is thicker dan wata in him.Why i am even angry self,i think d old man's way of going public is best so dat d whole world'd c d kind of star he is.Come 2 Nneni and ask of Mikel's fada!

Thank you jare.You know, from my experience. . .when children makes it in life and abandon their father, it's usually due to the bad venom the mother has been spitting for years concerning the father. The child's mind is so poisoned that even if their father needs a cup of water to live and they have unlimited access to an ocean of fresh water, they would never give their father a sip.They would prefer he dies of thirst instead.My mind was poisoned that way as a kid and I have gone through that phase and it took age and maturity for me to grow out of it.It's very very common especially in the African setting.
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by jokingmary(m): 10:56am On May 25, 2010
harakiri:

Thank you jare.You know, from my experience. . .when children makes it in life and abandon their father, it's usually due to the bad venom the mother has been spitting for years concerning the father. The child's mind is so poisoned that even if their father needs a cup of water to live and they have unlimited access to an ocean of fresh water, they would never give their father a sip.They would prefer he dies of thirst instead.My mind was poisoned that way as a kid and I have gone through that phase and it took age and maturity for me to grow out of it.It's very very common especially in the African setting.

You are right
mama-gee:

OMG!

Is that the house of a World-Class Athlete? shocked shocked

Now, I believe most of these so called "wealthy" athletes are stingy as heck or should I say selfish!

Who would have thought with all the money he makes in a week, any of his relatives would be living in a poor condition worse than an avergae worker.

This is a complete disgrace!

Don't blame him
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by Livvvvy(f): 11:09am On May 25, 2010
In my opinion, Micheal father isn't a good man.

1. Going public is only disgracing Micheal, and that is what he wants to achieve.
2. Some men could be very wicked to their first wife just because they have seen another beautiful woman and they have small money at hand to waste away. so the children from the first woman suffers
3. (Men don't joke with their mothers.)That man may have done something terrible to micheal's mother, before they finally seperated.
4. Am sure, he never thought anything good could come from Micheal's mother and his children.
5. Atleast Micheal sends money to him, but with his too many wives and kids, you would expect him to use the money to fend for the women and their kids.
6. The other women want to reap where they did not sow (they should be reaping from their own kids, mayb they don't know they are branded as husband snatchers)
7. Papa needs more than money from Micheal, and that is a Relationship. Well, Relationship are built. He never built one and he cannot have one.
8. It is difficult for Micheal to suddenly become his father's friend

This is a a big lessons to men who forgets that they may be strong today and probably don't see their children as anything now, but tomorrow they would be needing the help and support of their children.

In it all, for humanity sake, Micheal should try and manage to give his father a befitting life at his old age now, than a beffiting burial tomorrow.
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by Kgdavid(m): 11:13am On May 25, 2010
i am convinced that the majority of people on this thread did not bother to read all three articles. did you miss the part where the man said he did not have anything to give? looking at the state of his house why is that so hard to believe? did you miss the [part where Essien[i] would not even have a career[/i] if not for his dad? the fact is that Michael Essien is an irresponsible shameless liar. and for those who are saying the old man should not be telling this to the world i have to ask what is wrong with you? did the man get up to go and call media houses to come or they decided to go and interview him and thus discovered the horror themselves?
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by yemmight(m): 11:24am On May 25, 2010
For these pictures I have seen here, shame on michael essein. No matter what your parents might have done, I dont think he should pay back this way. And I honestly believe the man did not ignore michael. Aba, the mum is the one instigating him and he fell for that. Very unfortunate. The man looks so unhealthy, look at his legss\ shocked embarassed
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by Kgdavid(m): 11:30am On May 25, 2010
Livvvvy:

In my opinion, Micheal father isn't a good man.

[b]1. Going public is only disgracing Micheal, and that is what he wants to achieve.
2. Some men could be very wicked to their first wife just because they have seen another beautiful woman and they have small money at hand to waste away. so the children from the first woman suffers
3. (Men don't joke with their mothers.)That man may have done something terrible to micheal's mother, before they finally seperated.
4. Am sure, he never thought anything good could come from Micheal's mother and his children.
5. Atleast Micheal sends money to him, but with his too many wives and kids, you would expect him to use the money to fend for the women and their kids.
6. The other women want to reap where they did not sow (they should be reaping from their own kids, mayb they don't know they are branded as husband snatchers)
7. Papa needs more than money from Micheal, and that is a Relationship. Well, Relationship are built. He never built one and he cannot have one.
8. It is difficult for Micheal to suddenly become his father's friend
[/b]
This is a a big lessons to men who forgets that they may be strong today and probably don't see their children as anything now, but tomorrow they would be needing the help and support of their children.

In it all, for humanity sake, Micheal should try and manage to give his father a befitting life at his old age now, than a beffiting burial tomorrow.

you should try and read and compreend before commenting as almost everything you say here is refuted in the articles.

1.he never went to call anyone to witness his plight, rather it was discovered by accident. should he then lie to cover up for Essien? why?

2. where did you read that michaels mother was the first wife? and where did you read that he had small money to waste? in fact the woman was the last wife thus by default you are now at odds with your own argument.

3. the articles clearly state that the michaels mother left her husband because she wanted him to divorce his other wives. is this the terrible thing he did to her or the terrible thing he refused to do?

4. you are sure he never thought any good could come from michaels mother and children? so what makes you sure of this? the fact that of all the children he had he personally made sure that his last child could get an education? or the fact that he personally took his boy to the football club where he started his career?

5. 25 pounds?

6. where are other women mentioned in any relevance in any of the articles? the saga is strictly between michael and his father.no other women nonsense.

7. well how are you to build a relationship when you dont get to see someone? in the early years of essiens life his father claims he actually would play football with him, he obviously watched michael play or how else would he know that michael was good? this shows that the man tried.

8. there is no way to address you last point because it really does not qualify as a point.

your entire post is based on speculation when there was available information, was it that hard to take two minutes to read through?
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by yemmight(m): 11:53am On May 25, 2010
Kgdavid:

i am convinced that the majority of people on this thread did not bother to read all three articles. did you miss the part where the man said he did not have anything to give? looking at the state of his house why is that so hard to believe? did you miss the [part where Essien[i] would not even have a career[/i] if not for his dad? the fact is that Michael Essien is an irresponsible shameless liar. and for those who are saying the old man should not be telling this to the world i have to ask what is wrong with you? did the man get up to go and call media houses to come or they decided to go and interview him and thus discovered the horror themselves?

Totally agreed with you. People never read those articles above. I have read and understood. Honestly the father never neglected him. It was even through him that he got the under 17 stuff which was the peak of his career. I felt bad when micheal buried his head for 15 minutes when he saw his dad and his dad had to go to him. Another painful thing is that u told your father to come to an hotel. With the token the man had he came only to be told he's gone. Haba, people lets reason now. I stronly believe the old man and michael is just busy disgracing himself.
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 25, 2010
Essien is a FOOL for not supporting his FATHER.

If he DIES today. MIKEL will repLace him in CHELSEA. He's just a wicked guy. tongue
Re: Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More? by jorem(m): 12:13pm On May 25, 2010
In my own opinion, I think the issue lies btw Michael and his Mom. But above all his father does not deserve such kind of horrible treatment. MICHAEL SHOULD FORGIVE HIS FATHER.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

/ What's That Thing You Hate To Purchase But You Need It Everyday? / Pastor Blessed With Triplets After 25yrs Of Childlessness!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.