Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,656 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe (23345 Views)

Vwaere Diaso: Lagos NMA Declares Indefinite Strike In 3 Govt Hospitals / UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment / Only Lagos, Kano, Ogun, FCT Still Conducting COVID-19 Tests – PTF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by HSfoundation(m): 6:50pm On May 18, 2018
Jaideyone:
if you had taken your time to read the post you will see they are demanding for an increase that will still put their salaries below that of the doctors. read before fooling yourself.

You saw something online and you swallow it all hook line and sinker.... Chai. Those figures of Dr's salary is blatantly false.

The folly amongst the strangebed fellows in Johesu is that within the same MLS enter Conhess 10, nurses enter Conhess 8, cleaners and janitorial staff follow dey amongst people fighting for pay rise fa.
Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by Freddonance(m): 6:58pm On May 18, 2018
Freddonance:

The last time I checked, your BSc nursing is a requirement for admission into 200level medicine in Nigerian universities & outside the shore of Nigeria, RN still is a requirements for MBBS program.

Pls do not show hatred for others. Do what u love wholeheartedly & avoid all these unnecessary argument. I want to believe u are a responsible lady who has self respect. pls do maintain ur integrity as a nurse cos no amount hate speeches will bring down any profession, not even medicine.

pls find that out if u are not aware
Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by Freddonance(m): 6:59pm On May 18, 2018
Freddonance:

You keep blabbing only surgeon are the real doctors.
Have u ever asked ur self if that is true why aren't everyone going into surgery?
Even surgeons respect Physicians especially when it has to do with intelligence(real medicine) but u are here spewing hatred. Physician are so good that they can tell you over 200 side effects of paracetamol, Yes, they are that good(only doctors know this) & to think u can practice medicine by virtue of being in the ward with a doctor is the higher level of show of shame & ignorance.
Again, every MBBS holder can delve into surgery any day, any time. Yea, that's the power of MBBS. whoever wishes to perform any surgical procedure can do it so long as it is within his limit. The issue of litigation comes into play only when complications of the said procedure ensue.
Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by emekatheo: 7:00pm On May 18, 2018
Freddonance:

You keep blabbing only surgeon are the real doctors.
Have u ever asked ur self if that is true why aren't everyone going into surgery?
Even surgeons respect Physicians especially when it has to do with intelligence(real medicine) but u are here spewing hatred. Physician are so good that they can tell you over 200 side effects of paracetamol, Yes, they are that good(only doctors know this) & to think u can practice medicine by virtue of being in the ward with a doctor is the higher level of show of shame & ignorance.
Again, every MBBS holder can delve into surgery any day, any time. Yea, that's the power of MBBS. whoever wishes to perform any surgical procedure can do it so long as it is within his limit. The issue of litigation comes into play only when complications of the said procedure ensue.

Is it the physician that don't know that panadol and paracetamol are the same drug, that will tell us the side effects of paracetamol? Does the physician even know how paracetamol works and how it is metabolized and eliminated not to talk of its side effects? What most doctors know is that paracetamol is used to treat headache and fever which even someone in primary school knows.
No wonder someone called doctors malaria and typhoid doctors which some doctors no even sabi treat.

2 Likes

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by danilmo: 7:00pm On May 18, 2018
MrBigiman:

Very shameful comment from her. Such persons cannot practice outside the shores of this country. Since we glory in treating malaria and typhoid, why won't she equate herself with Doctors. I can tell how many Nurses including matrons have rushed their relatives to me mostly in grave situation mostly owing to pride and wanting to equate themselves to Doctors. I have been called to complete a breech delivery with head trapped a least 3rice this year by a so called retired midwife. When I see such people I just shake my head. Someone who doesn't fully grasp the pathophysiology of neonatal jaundice and how to differentiate physiologic from pathologic jaundice is claiming equality with physicians because she gives arthemeter inj, quinine drip and cefriaxone injection. God save Nigeria. As a young medical student prepare for USMLE, PLAB or AMC and leave these drip giving nurses who passed thru school by force.

Afterthought: Nurses mix all sort of concoction to unsuspecting patients, but send their children to physicians go get expert opinion. This is wickedness. A matron rushed away from my hospital claiming she wants her own, yet at least 3rice in a week she calls to review patients, the last time she did, I simply Ignored her totally. She sent her in-law to be for a procedure she claimed she does, whereas she can gladly experiment with another life.

like seriously..

na them nurse and pharmacist wey always dey correct doctor..

lmao.. therefore, they are the best in health delivery..

I just know they are confused especially amarabae,,
I don laugh die wen she said only surgeon knows than her, lol,
surgeon no longer doctor in her mind..

Med student will still throw her off balance with her nursing post graduate certificate.

1 Like

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by Freddonance(m): 7:04pm On May 18, 2018
emekatheo:

Is it the physician that don't know that panadol and paracetamol are the same drug, that will tell us the side effects of paracetamol? Does the physician even know how paracetamol works and how it is metabolized and eliminated not to talk of its side effects? What most doctors know is that paracetamol is used to treat headache and fever which even someone in primary school knows.
No wonder someone called doctors malaria and typhoid doctors which some doctors no even sabi treat.

That is your own opinion but I challenge you to dare any doctor here in pharmacology. That's when your nerves will be calmed(repolarized)

2 Likes

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by danilmo: 7:12pm On May 18, 2018
Au79:
activities going on as usual....
I dare JEHOSU to unlock the labs and pharmacy and other equipment and see if 200 and 300level medical students won't replace them

my brother we already taught they ll leave those lab and offices open coz we med student are already happy to take over sharp sharp..

be the nurse for our boss doctors. see love and harmony na..

lol, wil be happy to replace grad nurse amarabae office especially , who knows whether she's even a nurse in my school teaching hospital, lol..

1 Like

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by danilmo: 7:17pm On May 18, 2018
Freddonance:

That is your own opinion but I challenge you to dare any doctor here in pharmacology. That's when your nerves will be calmed(repolarized)

u won't see them o, they ll hide under the umbrella of online maturity and shy off,

1 Like

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by kaycyor: 7:23pm On May 18, 2018
victorazyvictor:

1. Donald Duke. 2. Kwankwaso 3. Orji Uzor Kalu

Kwankwaso!!!! Is he not a northerner...
Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by Au79(m): 7:31pm On May 18, 2018
Amarabae:

No they are not nurses but QUACKS
He is into illegality and there is nothing to hate here.
We know the real nurses.
Let him continue training them, something that a white doctor can't try due to his integrity.

BTW many chemist are DOCTORS in rural areas, they are making their money.
And to the first paragraph,
I can't be involved in online question and answer crap, it's childish.
Go and read about who a graduate nurse really is.
Get ur eyes off auxiliaries.
Many graduate nurses are in private practice, they don't need a doctor there,
They treat their patients and give them quality healthcare.
No graduate nurse is clueless about Non-surgical health issues.
I repeat None!
Surgeons are the real doctors.
Simple
If you are bold enough about your brother, tell me his hospital location, let me contact our Nurses and midwives association and then make an enquiry to DSS by Monday
funny enough those auxiliary nurses you referred to as 'quacks' know the real practical stuffs more than you and your Bsc nurses...u think cramming GST101 and History of Nursing Science just to fill up your 5 years in school makes u a better nurse than them...am sure a day will come when those auxiliary nurses will realise they know more than you and they will ask for pay parity....

2 Likes

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by jefdr001: 7:39pm On May 18, 2018
Amarabae:
I overheard one deluded dokinta saying that amidst the ongoing strike ,that johesu people bring their relatives to the hospital for doctors to treat.
I laughed so hard.
Deluded shegoat.
The only doctor that knows things about health more than me is a SURGEON.
apart from that ,no graduate nurse or pharmacists or lab scientist that can't treat his or her relations very well if really the person knows his or her worth.
Many nurses are in private practice ,managing many sick patients in homes very well.
Nobody or no profession has a monopoly of knowledge,
The health sector outside Nigeria are evolving. cheesy kiss kiss

I would so have believed you if I haven't just seen a johesu member, a nurse, die from dka because of ur so called strike ko pride. Give honor to whom honor is due.

1 Like

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by okusman(m): 7:48pm On May 18, 2018
DEXTROVERT:
SELFISHNESS
WILL
MAKE
NASU
WANTS
PARITY
WITH
UNIVERSITY LECTURERS
EVEN
NASU
DONT
MIND
BEING
VC

SAME
JOHESU
WHICH
COMPRISES
NURSES,PHARMACISTS LAB SCIENTISTS, CLEANERS, GATEMEN, MESSENGERS,
ALL
WANT
TO
BE
AT
PARITY
WITH
DOCTORS
TO
BE
CMD
AND
COLLECT
SAME
SALARIES.

PPP
IS
THE
WAY
OUT

JUST
AS
PATIENTS
BUY
DRUGS
FROM
PHARMACY OUTSIDE THE HOSPITAL
THEY SHOULD ALSO DO INVESTIGATION OUTSIDE
IN SUCH A WAY PHARMACISTS AND LAB SCIENTISTS
CAN GO ELSE WHERE.
WHY
WOULD
THEY
HOLD
PEOPLE
TO
RANSOM
BECAUSE
OF
SELFISH
DESIRES.

IN
PRIVATE
HOSPITALS
ARE
THEY
THE
HEAD
A
NURSE, PHARMACISTS, LABMAN
CANT
DARE
REVOLT
IN
THAT
ESTABLISHMENT
BUT
IN
CIVIL
SERVICE
THEY
WANT
PARITY

Ignorance is truly a disease... how on earth will cleaner be part of Johesu? pharmacist, Scientists, Nurses Health Information managers, Physiologist, Physiotherapists , Dieticians are those that make up the Johesu....

can doctor do it all alone. or do you want to tell me that a surgeon can perform the work of a scientist, likewise, can a doctor handle the hospital stat, medical billing and coding of diseases in the hospital which is the major work of the health information managers?

how on earth will a medical officer with just 1year working experience earn as much as a matron ( a nurse with over 20years working experience)? everyone can not become doctor....

so think about it too...
Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 18, 2018
danilmo:

The game we are playing is, let us prove to ourself who don't need each other,

bia , doctor s don't need nurse and pharmacist to run a hospital, the nurse my bro trained are working perfectly and the pharmacist he trained has never disappointed.. especially the pharmacist guy is now training new intake ,

is it not to dispense again, nawa o, and someone will b giving us headache on how cat can do a tigers job and get close accolade

u see that funny amarabea lady up there saying she knows everything a doctor knows aside surgery, I know she just wana pull our leg, lol..

She will know doctors worth wen emergency happen and no doctor to attend ..less the pham and nurse alone.

I love the rule of law and fair game, but let everyone trend well in his or her path and their will no be trouble, but for where, envy and hatred won't let them,
Doctors are cool guys but wen u see things around, orientation change

wen doctor has finally proved to johesu that we can do without them, then they will understand that this table they are pulling will make them useless thereafter ..
This table we're shaking in Nigeria...hummmm
No wonder nothing is working...I've been part of this debate but hmmm
Is this the way they practice health care when our leader's are running to?
May God bless us

1 Like

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 18, 2018
danilmo:

my brother we already taught they ll leave those lab and offices open coz we med student are already happy to take over sharp sharp..

be the nurse for our boss doctors. see love and harmony na..

lol, wil be happy to replace grad nurse amarabae office especially , who knows whether she's even a nurse in my school teaching hospital, lol..
and I challenge you to leave your consulting rooms open when you're proceeding on strike. Then we'll know who is truly who in our hospitals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by Amarabae(f): 8:04pm On May 18, 2018
See as my comment pepper them for body.
Ndi doctor!
Hahahahahahaha.

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by Freddonance(m): 8:04pm On May 18, 2018
DABMarkNig2019:

and I challenge you to leave your consulting rooms open when you're proceeding on strike. Then we'll know who is truly who in our hospitals.

You make a lot of noise boy. ..
I wonder if u truly know what diagnosis is.
That said, the last thing a doctor will do is to lock the consulting room when he's on strike. If NMA go on strike again, pls meet with the security personnels, they will give u the keys to all the consulting rooms. u may choose whichever room u wil bel most comfortable in to consult. No one will stop u.

2 Likes

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by Amarabae(f): 8:10pm On May 18, 2018
Au79:

funny enough those auxiliary nurses you referred to as 'quacks' know the real practical stuffs more than you and your Bsc nurses...u think cramming GST101 and History of Nursing Science just to fill up your 5 years in school makes u a better nurse than them...am sure a day will come when those auxiliary nurses will realise they know more than you and they will ask for pay parity....
Just look at what a human being typed up here.
If you like train one million quacks,
One graduate nurse is better than 1000 auxiliary in both knowledge and experience.
There is a reason it is called NURSING SCIENCE.
Mr auxiliary trainer.
Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by Amarabae(f): 8:15pm On May 18, 2018
MrBigiman:

Very shameful comment from her. Such persons cannot practice outside the shores of this country. Since we glory in treating malaria and typhoid, why won't she equate herself with Doctors. I can tell how many Nurses including matrons have rushed their relatives to me mostly in grave situation mostly owing to pride and wanting to equate themselves to Doctors. I have been called to complete a breech delivery with head trapped a least 3rice this year by a so called retired midwife. When I see such people I just shake my head. Someone who doesn't fully grasp the pathophysiology of neonatal jaundice and how to differentiate physiologic from pathologic jaundice is claiming equality with physicians because she gives arthemeter inj, quinine drip and cefriaxone injection. God save Nigeria. As a young medical student prepare for USMLE, PLAB or AMC and leave these drip giving nurses who passed thru school by force.

Afterthought: Nurses mix all sort of concoction to unsuspecting patients, but send their children to physicians go get expert opinion. This is wickedness. A matron rushed away from my hospital claiming she wants her own, yet at least 3rice in a week she calls to review patients, the last time she did, I simply Ignored her totally. She sent her in-law to be for a procedure she claimed she does, whereas she can gladly experiment with another life.

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 18, 2018
Freddonance:

You make a lot of noise boy. ..
I wonder if u truly know what diagnosis is.
That said, the last thing a doctor will do is to lock the consulting room when he's on strike. If NMA go on strike again, pls meet with the security personnels, they will give u the keys to all the consulting rooms. u may choose whichever room u wil bel most comfortable in to consult. No one will stop u.
spewing thrash and ignorance to the public will help no one. little wonder nothing is working in Nigeria, I don't blame anyone but the government who lacks the political will in ensuring that our nation works. from education to health care Nigeria indeed is a shit hole...i move around the country and I cry. A country that's a dumping group for dirts from all other parts of the world. what criteria do they once used in rating us a the giant of Africa? I believed those officials were bribed
Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by emekatheo: 8:26pm On May 18, 2018
FreeConCiencE:

If you do that, you are putting your life in jeopardy. Your life is at risk. You may be lucky not to have wrong diagnosis and treatment plans by the pharmacist now but you may not always be lucky. By that time, your life or those of your relatives may be the price you will pay for that wrong step. In saner climes, pharmacist will not dispense drugs for patients without doctor's prescriptions. Forget about all these envy and jealousy. Doctors are trained clinically with living human beings to take thorough history, provisional diagnosis, requesting for right investigations and then definitive diagnosis and proper treatment plans and with high knowledge of pathology which is the basis of diseases. Pharmacist or any other health professionals are not trained in this regard and this is what distinguishes doctors. This is not to say that other health professionals are not important. In fact, most of what they can do for patients on behalf of doctors were learnt from the doctors after many years of working with doctors. That is piece of advice I can offer you now. Cheers!

You have not heard of Pharmacist prescribers, that Pharmacists also prescribe drugs or your lecturers in school refuse to teach you that one and don't want you to know it? You always tremble when you hear a pharmacist is around, why?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by Freddonance(m): 8:37pm On May 18, 2018
emekatheo:

You have not heard of Pharmacist prescribers, that Pharmacists also prescribe drugs or your lecturers in school refuse to teach you that one and don't want you to know it? You always tremble when you hear a pharmacist is around, why?

me I no dey tremble. shey na drug? shey na pharmacology? challenge me

1 Like

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by emekatheo: 8:44pm On May 18, 2018
Freddonance:

Olodo! U think drugs are all about pharmacology which you don't even know. Oya over sabi doctor, tell me the chemistry in the elimination processes of the paracetamol you prescribe everyday : 1g tds x 3\7.
Answer fast!
Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by Au79(m): 8:45pm On May 18, 2018
Amarabae:

Just look at what a human being typed up here.
If you like train one million quacks,
One graduate nurse is better than 1000 auxiliary in both knowledge and experience.
There is a reason it is called NURSING SCIENCE.
Mr auxiliary trainer.
I won't exchange words with u...u just been a nurse- always insultive and cruel (and fat)
Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by Amarabae(f): 8:49pm On May 18, 2018
Au79:

I won't exchange words with u...u just been a nurse- always insultive and cruel (and fat)
are you trying to run away?
I thought you will defend how an illegal quack a.k.a auxiliary is better than a graduate.
Maybe you are an auxiliary.
Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by Amarabae(f): 8:50pm On May 18, 2018
emekatheo:

Olodo! U think drugs are all about pharmacology which you don't even know. Oya over sabi doctor, tell me the chemistry in the elimination processes of the paracetamol you prescribe everyday : 1g tds x 3\7.
Answer fast!
Haba give him time to consult google
cheesy
Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by ifeyemi200(f): 8:55pm On May 18, 2018
This is so untrue. The document of CONMESS is available on the internet. You can google it. The entry level doc do not get more than 200k at entrance. A BSC nurse gets about 160k at entance and grow accordingly. I tell you, by the time a BSC nursing works for 3 years, she's already earning as much as an entrance doc.

[b]how on earth will a medical officer with just 1year working experience earn as much as a matron ( a nurse with over 20years working experience)? everyone can not become doctor....
Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by emekatheo: 8:55pm On May 18, 2018
Freddonance:

The last time I checked, your BSc nursing is a requirement for admission into 200level medicine in Nigerian universities & outside the shore of Nigeria, RN still is a requirements for MBBS program.

Pls do not show hatred for others. Do what u love wholeheartedly & avoid all these unnecessary argument. I want to believe u are a responsible lady who has self respect. pls do maintain ur integrity as a nurse cos no amount hate speeches will bring down any profession, not even medicine.

A doctor after studying medicine and surgery still came to study pharmacy. He started from 2nd year and his requirement to study pharmacy is your almighty mbbs same with someone with b.sc nursing or b.sc parasitology.
Grow up and learn.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by Au79(m): 9:00pm On May 18, 2018
[quote author=Amarabae post=67676775]are you trying to run away?
I thought you will defend how an illegal quack a.k.a auxiliary is better than a graduate.
Maybe you are an auxiliary.
[/quou
funny u....am not a nurse..u can refer to page 4 where I posted a pix of work going on in the theatre despite your strike...
I want to ask you a question.. why do you always lock federal government facilities whenever u are embarking on strike?
Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by Au79(m): 9:04pm On May 18, 2018
emekatheo:

A doctor after studying medicine and surgery still came to study pharmacy. He started from 2nd year and his requirement to study pharmacy is your almighty mbbs same with someone with b.sc nursing or b.sc parasitology.
Grow up and learn.
bsc parasitology?..... are you kidding me?
Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by MrBigiman: 9:05pm On May 18, 2018
jefdr001:

I would so have believed you if I haven't just seen a johesu member, a nurse, die from dka because of ur so called strike ko pride. Give honor to whom honor is due.

I saved a retired Matron from decompensated heart failure, battled to stabilized her and when she recovered the best she could tell me was how she was once a CNO and to talk to her son abroad who is a doctor. I gladly declined. If she needed her son's help she should have called for him to manage her.

4 Likes

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by MrBigiman: 9:09pm On May 18, 2018
emekatheo:

Grow up and learn.

This is an arrant, shameless lie. No Medical doctor will returned back to study any Johesu course, rather countless study Nursing, lab science, pharmacy and radiology and return to medical school to joined the initiated. What we also have are Johesu members who runsed Jamb, eventually failed out of medicine, and joined the course they rightly belonged to nursing, pharmacy or lab science. Those dudes end up being the biggest aggitators for parity. Several names come to mind, but I'll respect their personality. One was given vibrant nurse of the year by medical world when he was unable to pass predegree medicine we did together. Such a dirty shame

5 Likes

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by Freddonance(m): 9:19pm On May 18, 2018
emekatheo:

Answer fast!

People are very funny. for ur mind that's pharmacology question? now I understand how much u know pharmacology

Asking question on pharmaceutical chemistry when pharmacology was intended shows u do not know pharmacology is a branch of basic medical sciences.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

4 UNIPORT Teaching Hospital Nurses Die In Six Months, Staff Blame Workload / Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? / Nigerian Lady Dies In Liberia As Search Begins To Locate Her Family. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.