Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe (23263 Views)

Vwaere Diaso: Lagos NMA Declares Indefinite Strike In 3 Govt Hospitals / UK Nurses To Hold First Strike In History Over Salary Increment / Only Lagos, Kano, Ogun, FCT Still Conducting COVID-19 Tests – PTF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by Amarabae(f): 4:46pm On May 18, 2018
MrBigiman:

U agree medicine is tough, yet u also agree all health workers should be on the same scale. And read that post, I was only referring to the venom posted by that lady, and most of the time u read a comment with so much opinionated. Of all courses in the University Medicine has the most rigors and Doctors should be given some space to breath.
The same way you peanut earners should give other health professionals some space to breath.
Just like your superior doctors are doing outside the country.
Just imagine how low doctors have dragged themselves to.
During the days of early medical practice of my father ,it was not like this,
They were respectful to other professionals.
Even in his private hospital, you need to see how he related with his staffs.
He can never employ an auxiliary because they are quacks.
He read his medicine in Canada, maybe that's why his mentality is different.

But this set of nowadays doctors especially the ones from state and private universities ,majority of them are disappointing .
Only good in fighting johesu war.

cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by steric58(m): 4:49pm On May 18, 2018
TempoJames:

An obstetrician not a nurse.
ode leleyi sha so u never sick for your life, well arguing with people like you is baseless sha
Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by MrBigiman: 4:54pm On May 18, 2018
Amarabae:

The same way you peanut earners should give other health professionals some space to breath.
Just like your superior doctors are doing outside the country.
Just imagine how low doctors have dragged themselves to.
During the days of early medical practice of my father ,it was not like this,
They were respectful to other professionals.
Even in his private hospital, you need to see how he related with his staffs.
He can never employ an auxiliary because they are quacks.
He read his medicine in Canada, maybe that's why his mentality is different.

But this set of nowadays doctors especially the ones from state and private universities ,majority of them are disappointing .
Only good in fighting johesu war.

cheesy cheesy

Your dad is a noble man just like us, I respect him even though I don't know him. However, u are a Johesu member and I have no regard whatsoever for Nigerian health workers. My wife happens to be a Nurse and she will never do the rubbish u guys are doing here, because she is a true professional and I love her 100times over.

2 Likes

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by thedondada(m): 5:00pm On May 18, 2018
DABMarkNig2019:

I'm assuring you without a doubt that you can see the pharmacist first and would eternally be grateful that you did.

Thanks will be back with an update from personal experience if it ever gets to that.

Though 1 result isn't a statistic to make a decision on it will be mine and mine alone.
Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by Royle2014(m): 5:02pm On May 18, 2018
MrBigiman:

Your dad is a noble man just like us, I respect him even though I don't know him. However, u are a Johesu member and I have no regard whatsoever for Nigerian health workers. My wife happens to be a Nurse and she will never do the rubbish u guys are doing here, because she is a true professional and I love her 100times over.
And you Mr. MAN... I think your wife would be really disappointed with you because you are really embarrassing her. U are always on the offensive, calling every other professional a quack nd a no good and u say ur wife cant do such...
On behalf of your wife, I am ashamed of u
Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by Amarabae(f): 5:05pm On May 18, 2018
MrBigiman:

Nurses that marry doctors, there is a way we look at them in our circle.
It's a story for another day
cheesy cheesy
Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 5:08pm On May 18, 2018
thedondada:

No. Are you?
Is it God. I am educated enough to know that seeking for help late is a killer. At least that's what I've read.
I ask for clarification if you know clarify if not keep quiet.
grin grin
Check our signature in blue here below and you will be better enlightened. You can contact us by clicking the WhatsApp Chat link...
Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 18, 2018
thedondada:

Thanks will be back with an update from personal experience if it ever gets to that.

Though 1 result isn't a statistic to make a decision on it will be mine and mine alone.

Your fears and doubts shall be cleared.
Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by MrBigiman: 5:10pm On May 18, 2018
Royle2014:

And you Mr. MAN... I think your wife would be really disappointed with you because you are really embarrassing her. U are always on the offensive, calling every other professional a quack nd a no good and u say ur wife cant do such...
On behalf of your wife, I am ashamed of u

Stop lying, though it's hard, ur ugly leader, Biobelemoye, already lied that HOs earn 312k. All professions are important, but some are more important. I remembered when madam was trying to do a CBT, she reviewed her questions with me severally and without prior revision, I was able to assist her through what seemed as a hurdle and today she'll definitely be glad to kiss me over and over. Why?, because she humbled herself, instead of claiming too know and asking from a fellow nurse that breezed through those courses as a semester course. A histologist arguing with a histopathologist on cellular structure is a semi-lunatic, as the latter knows the histology and went further to learn the pathological basis. Now a histologist now asking for the same template for payment would have committed an unpardonable sin.

Bigiman

2 Likes

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by MrBigiman: 5:16pm On May 18, 2018
Amarabae:

Nurses that marry doctors, there is a way we look at them in our circle.
It's a story for another day
cheesy cheesy

The Nigerian circle or the international circle? My wife is a changed person because she married me. I don't even see her as a nurse but she is more than a nurse. In fact she is no more just a nurse but a rare diamond that has passed through a refined chamber. There's no better deal for a nurse to marry a doctor. Very few nurses marry nurses though and their marriages are disastrous, as the ladies rarely can be humble to a fellow nurse. They need a semi proud doctor to tame them and show them the real path of life beyond needle, syringe, vital signs, bedbathing, monitoring IVF and bedmaking.

2 Likes

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by sartorius(m): 5:19pm On May 18, 2018
Inspite of johesu. 3rd caeseran section.

Nb. This is a general hospital in Lagos. 18/5/18

3 Likes

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by kaycyor: 5:33pm On May 18, 2018
spafu:

Leave that talk. There is no much difference between Atiku and the serial incompetent Buhari, both want or wanted to become President for personal goals or ambition, not for what they have got to offer. Let us be looking for men and women who have been truly tested and fall with an age bracket that is below 60 or 65. But championing the candidacy of anyone above 70 by a youth is suicidal and tantamount to being lazy, in Buhari's voice

And who is capable, that fall between that age bracket.. Donald Duke.. CEO of Sahara reporter (can't remember his name).. Who will you go for, if you to choose not among the two I listed oo.. Of your choice.!!!!
Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by kaycyor: 5:34pm On May 18, 2018
victorazyvictor:

Na only Abikki dey this country?
Who Abokki don help?

Pick a candidate of your choice that's not Hausa.. I want to see!!!!
Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by kaycyor: 5:36pm On May 18, 2018
Uyi168:
Them use northerners swear for u?

No oo, at least that one get sense pass Buhari...
Ok... Let's go for Rochas Okorocha cheesy grin grin
Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by danilmo: 5:43pm On May 18, 2018
Amarabae:
I overheard one deluded dokinta saying that amidst the ongoing strike ,that johesu people bring their relatives to the hospital for doctors to treat.
I laughed so hard.
Deluded shegoat.
The only doctor that knows things about health more than me is a SURGEON.
apart from that ,no graduate nurse or pharmacists or lab scientist that can't treat his or her relations very well if really the person knows his or her worth.
Many nurses are in private practice ,managing many sick patients in homes very well.
Nobody or no profession has a monopoly of knowledge,
The health sector outside Nigeria are evolving. cheesy kiss kiss

amarabae,

hmm, so na only surgeon naim sabi pass u now, I feel like ridiculing u a post graduate nurse here now now with my little preclinical knowledge...

just shove it down ur troat..
this is a public forum, don't lemme disgrace u the little knowledge u nursing people have o,

a pharmD said this thing u spilled out, he will not wana say that thing again.., just few question threw him off thread..

plenty Nurse that my doc bro is training like weed in his hospital, just collect form and pay small cash, within few month ure already a nurse sharp sharp, and ure here giving us headache,,

1 Like

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by danilmo: 5:47pm On May 18, 2018
stanflex222:
what do you know? in case u don't know nurse's and pharmacist have be the people covering for all the incompetent doc. we have in this country.. useless doctors that doesn't know how to prescribe common drugs...pharmacist and nurse's have be correcting their wrong proscriptions...they are just b over hype.. one doctor that almost terminated my sister's pregnancy by proscribing indocid for one month and two weeks old ...it was a pharmacist that safe her..

oya say amen to this,,

anytime u visit the hospital, u will never see a doctor to attend to u but only nurse and pharmacist and med lab in Jesus name..

3 Likes

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by emekatheo: 5:53pm On May 18, 2018
DABMarkNig2019:

I'm assuring you without a doubt that you can see the pharmacist first and would eternally be grateful that you did.

My son will study pharmacy.

Medical doctors should leave lady pharmacist alone oo, they should be comfortable with their lady doctors and be marrying them. What nonsense is this?
Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by emekatheo: 5:58pm On May 18, 2018
MrBigiman:

My son will study pharmacy.

Medical doctors should leave nurses alone oo, they should be comfortable with their lady doctors and be marrying them. What nonsense is this?

2 Likes

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by Amarabae(f): 6:05pm On May 18, 2018
danilmo:

amarabae,

hmm, so na only surgeon naim sabi pass u now, I feel like ridiculing u a post graduate nurse here now now with my little preclinical knowledge...

this is a public forum, don't lemme disgrace u the little knowledge u nursing people have o,

a pharmD said this thing u spilled out, he will not wana say that thing again.., just few question threw him off thread..

plenty Nurse that my doc bro is training like weed in his hospital, just collect form and pay small cash, within few month ure already a nurse sharp sharp, and ure here giving us headache,,
No they are not nurses but QUACKS
He is into illegality and there is nothing to hate here.
We know the real nurses.
Let him continue training them, something that a white doctor can't try due to his integrity.

BTW many chemist are DOCTORS in rural areas, they are making their money.
And to the first paragraph,
I can't be involved in online question and answer crap, it's childish.
Go and read about who a graduate nurse really is.
Get ur eyes off auxiliaries.
Many graduate nurses are in private practice, they don't need a doctor there,
They treat their patients and give them quality healthcare.
No graduate nurse is clueless about Non-surgical health issues.
I repeat None!
Surgeons are the real doctors.
Simple
If you are bold enough about your brother, tell me his hospital location, let me contact our Nurses and midwives association and then make an enquiry to DSS by Monday

1 Like

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by FreeConCiencE: 6:06pm On May 18, 2018
emekatheo:

See this quack doctor that probably was allowed to graduate out of pity because he has spent uncountable years in school. So you compare nurses with artisans, laborers and masons? It is the likes of this quack doctor that encourage quackry in the nursing profession by training the so called auxiliary nurses and give them white uniform to wear with red and blue pens in their breast pocket. Doctors are actually the problem in our health institutions.

grin grin
grin angry grin grin grin
Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 18, 2018
danilmo:

amarabae,

and your are in support of your dr brother i guess? those ones he's training are they nurses or quacks?
it's sad and that's exactly the problem with our health system where drs prefere quacks to professionals working in the hospitals. I've heard many drs saying they don't need other professionals in the hospital other than these non professionals. I think it's now clear to all where our problem is in our hospitals.
Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by emekatheo: 6:19pm On May 18, 2018
FreeConCiencE:

grin grin
grin angry grin grin grin

My brother the thing tire me oo
Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by Freddonance(m): 6:19pm On May 18, 2018
hmmm
Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by danilmo: 6:26pm On May 18, 2018
Amarabae:

We know the real nurses.
Let him continue training them, something that a white doctor can't try due to his integrity.

I repeat None!
Simple
If you are bold enough about your brother, tell me his hospital location, let me contact our Nurses and midwives association and then make an enquiry to DSS by Monday

lemme hear word Jor,,

all ur post graduate nurse, am a still in year 3, and so sure I know this human body more than u,
u think what we study in medicine is how to wash and clean bedsheets,/pet baby to suck breast...

say amen to this prayer, all ur relative shall no see a doctor in Jesus name perhaps if a surgeon is not around,

na only nurse and pharmacist will b available no matter the critical case..

wen they are confused, they will start differentiate between a resident , consultant, house officer as if they are not all doctors under NMA.. radarada

2 Likes

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by MrBigiman: 6:27pm On May 18, 2018
danilmo:

amarabae,

Very shameful comment from her. Such persons cannot practice outside the shores of this country. Since we glory in treating malaria and typhoid, why won't she equate herself with Doctors. I can tell how many Nurses including matrons have rushed their relatives to me mostly in grave situation mostly owing to pride and wanting to equate themselves to Doctors. I have been called to complete a breech delivery with head trapped a least 3rice this year by a so called retired midwife. When I see such people I just shake my head. Someone who doesn't fully grasp the pathophysiology of neonatal jaundice and how to differentiate physiologic from pathologic jaundice is claiming equality with physicians because she gives arthemeter inj, quinine drip and cefriaxone injection. God save Nigeria. As a young medical student prepare for USMLE, PLAB or AMC and leave these drip giving nurses who passed thru school by force.

Afterthought: Nurses mix all sort of concoction to unsuspecting patients, but send their children to physicians go get expert opinion. This is wickedness. A matron rushed away from my hospital claiming she wants her own, yet at least 3rice in a week she calls to review patients, the last time she did, I simply Ignored her totally. She sent her in-law to be for a procedure she claimed she does, whereas she can gladly experiment with another life.

6 Likes

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by Freddonance(m): 6:30pm On May 18, 2018
Amarabae:

We know the real nurses.

I repeat None!
Simple

You keep blabbing only surgeon are the real doctors.
Have u ever asked ur self if that is true why aren't everyone going into surgery?
Even surgeons respect Physicians especially when it has to do with intelligence(real medicine) but u are here spewing hatred. Physician are so good that they can tell you over 200 side effects of paracetamol, Yes, they are that good(only doctors know this) & to think u can practice medicine by virtue of being in the ward with a doctor is the higher level of show of shame & ignorance.
Again, every MBBS holder can delve into surgery any day, any time. Yea, that's the power of MBBS. whoever wishes to perform any surgical procedure can do it so long as it is within his limit. The issue of litigation comes into play only when complications of the said procedure ensue.

1 Like

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by FreeConCiencE: 6:40pm On May 18, 2018
thedondada:

On this I agree with. What I ask is how am I sure the pharmacist wont waste my time trying to treat me and send me to a doctor when it's late.

That is my fear.

That's the certainty I need. Cos I have big pharmacies around me though I don't have a life threatening condition when i feel unwell I go to the doctor to the lab ( maybe ) then the pharmacy. That's my usual route .

They are expensive for instant care so can u assure me as a pharmacist there's no issue with seeing you first?

That's all I ask. I might not see you personally but I assume you speak for pharmacist and will try them first cos it's instant treatment.

If you do that, you are putting your life in jeopardy. Your life is at risk. You may be lucky not to have wrong diagnosis and treatment plans by the pharmacist now but you may not always be lucky. By that time, your life or those of your relatives may be the price you will pay for that wrong step. In saner climes, pharmacist will not dispense drugs for patients without doctor's prescriptions. Forget about all these envy and jealousy. Doctors are trained clinically with living human beings to take thorough history, provisional diagnosis, requesting for right investigations and then definitive diagnosis and proper treatment plans and with high knowledge of pathology which is the basis of diseases. Pharmacist or any other health professionals are not trained in this regard and this is what distinguishes doctors. This is not to say that other health professionals are not important. In fact, most of what they can do for patients on behalf of doctors were learnt from the doctors after many years of working with doctors. That is piece of advice I can offer you now. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by MrBigiman: 6:40pm On May 18, 2018
Freddonance:

You keep blabbing only surgeon are the real doctors.
Have u ever asked ur self if that is true why aren't everyone going into surgery?
Even surgeons respect Physicians especially when it has to do with intelligence(real medicine) but u are here spewing hatred. Physician are so good that they can tell you over 200 side effects of paracetamol, Yes, they are that good(only doctors know this) & to think u can practice medicine by virtue of being in the ward with a doctor is the higher level of show of shame & ignorance.
Again, every MBBS holder can delve into surgery any day, any time. Yea, that's the power of MBBS. whoever wishes to perform any surgical procedure can do it so long as it is within his limit. The issue of litigation comes into play only when complications of the said procedure ensue.

The lady has actually lost it. Physicians in the ICU and ITU are the real MVPs, differentiating which heart sound is ALVF, from pulmonary embolism, to N arrhythmia, when a patient is seconds to dying is not easy. When I started off, I wanted to do CS, herniorrhaphies and appendectomies, but after acquiring those, I found those are mere routines with no mental tasks, and even old theatre nurses may do it better. Internal medicine is the core of medicine and any physician vast in that area is king. The private hospitals treating malaria and typhoid, have blocked many from seeing that there are specialist hospitals who's ICU are manned by emergency physicians and anaesthetics and these ICUs charge a minimum of 500k per night. I can call at least 5 such centres in Lagos alone.

1 Like

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by danilmo: 6:42pm On May 18, 2018
DABMarkNig2019:

and your are in support of your dr brother i guess? those ones he's training are they nurses or quacks?
it's sad and that's exactly the problem with our health system where drs prefere quacks to professionals working in the hospitals. I heard many drs saying they don't need other professionals in the hospital other than these non professionals. I think it's now clear to all where our problems is in our hospitals.

The game we are playing is, let us prove to ourself who don't need each other,

bia , doctor s don't need nurse and pharmacist to run a hospital, the nurse my bro trained are working perfectly and the pharmacist he trained has never disappointed.. especially the pharmacist guy is now training new intake ,

is it not to dispense again, nawa o, and someone will b giving us headache on how cat can do a tigers job and get close accolade

u see that funny amarabea lady up there saying she knows everything a doctor knows aside surgery, I know she just wana pull our leg, lol..

She will know doctors worth wen emergency happen and no doctor to attend ..less the pham and nurse alone.

I love the rule of law and fair game, but let everyone trend well in his or her path and their will no be trouble, but for where, envy and hatred won't let them,
Doctors are cool guys but wen u see things around, orientation change

wen doctor has finally proved to johesu that we can do without them, then they will understand that this table they are pulling will make them useless thereafter ..

1 Like

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by victorazyvictor(m): 6:42pm On May 18, 2018
kaycyor:

Pick a candidate of your choice that's not Hausa.. I want to see!!!!
1. Donald Duke. 2. Kwankwaso 3. Orji Uzor Kalu
Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by Au79(m): 6:45pm On May 18, 2018
activities going on as usual....
I dare JEHOSU to unlock the labs and pharmacy and other equipment and see if 200 and 300level medical students won't replace them

1 Like

Re: Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe by Freddonance(m): 6:47pm On May 18, 2018
Amarabae:

We know the real nurses.

I repeat None!
Simple

The last time I checked, your BSc nursing is a requirement for admission into 200level medicine in Nigerian universities & outside the shore of Nigeria, RN still is a requirements for MBBS program.

Pls do not show hatred for others. Do what u love wholeheartedly & avoid all these unnecessary argument. I want to believe u are a responsible lady who has self respect. pls do maintain ur integrity as a nurse cos no amount hate speeches will bring down any profession, not even medicine.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice / 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! / Care And Management Of Body Odour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.