Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,752 members, 7,813,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle (50419 Views)

Prince Harry, Meghan Involved In 'near Catastrophic Chase' / “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up / Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by salt1: 10:04am On May 19, 2018
abiodunalasa:
Why is there so much fuss about this wedding. I was wondering. Because Prince Harry is not even the Heir Apparent to the British Throne.
And BOOM!!! The foolishness undecided
I learnt that Meghan Markle is a half Black woman from Los Angeles. She will be the first ever Black blood in the royal family. Bla bla bla.

Mtcheeew

Well, to correctly play the racial card, the cougar is not Black enough.

The wedding is making me teary. The odds were stacked against Markle: divorcee, older than groom, mixed race etc but royalty found her.

I'm an unapologetic Christian who believes that one day, in spite of my inadequacies, God's goodness will be extended to me to become the bride of Christ : new title, access to royalty and riches of heaven etc.

42 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by uuzba(m): 10:04am On May 19, 2018
post=67688420:
Against all odds, Meghan fought for love and won. Prince Harry is the man. He stood by her.

She didn't fight for anything.
Prince Harry loves her like that. Na the wife he wan marry. Finish.

10 Likes

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by Makanjuola89: 10:05am On May 19, 2018
Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by ibkgab001: 10:06am On May 19, 2018
Is Obasanjo invited this time around ?

1 Like

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by RuthlessLeader(m): 10:06am On May 19, 2018
martineverest:
and u and Ur fellow nairaland will be busy dissing our naija royal families..... hypocrites
Our naija royalty are wealthy barbarians

3 Likes

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by wink2015(m): 10:07am On May 19, 2018
EzendiEgo1:
Royal wedding excitement is nearing fever pitch, as millions of people around the world prepare to watch Prince Harry marry Meghan Markle.

Crowds are arriving in Windsor, while hundreds more camped out overnight to secure the best viewing spot.
Prince Harry has been made the Duke of Sussex by his grandmother the Queen, Buckingham Palace announced.
The couple will wed at noon at St George's Chapel in Windsor Castle, before travelling through the town.
In her vows, Ms Markle will not promise to "obey" her husband and Prince Harry has chosen to have a wedding ring.

Prince Charles will walk Ms Markle down the aisle, after her father, Thomas, was unable to attend for health reasons.

On the eve of their wedding, Prince Harry told crowds in Windsor he was feeling "relaxed" and Ms Markle said she was feeling "wonderful".

Ahead of the marriage, Prince Harry was given the title Duke of Sussex, meaning Ms Markle will become a duchess once the couple marry.
The previous Duke of Sussex was Prince Augustus Frederick, the sixth son and ninth child of George III.
Prince Harry, who is sixth in line to the throne, also received the titles Earl of Dumbarton and Baron Kilkeel.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-44175216

Nice one from the British Royal Family!

I wish the couple a blissful marriage!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by isybeke(f): 10:07am On May 19, 2018
Over hyped marriage dat will not even last, Meghan Markle is a wrong choice for Prince Harry

2 Likes

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by Nobody: 10:07am On May 19, 2018
uuzba:

According to royal protocol, the throne of king/queen is to be handed down to prince/princess provided they are in proper wedlock.
Prince Charles and all his other siblings have managed to divorce their spouses. So nothing form them. So the right is sent down to his son, Harry.
-
The noise we are hearing is for 1 major reason. The Royal family , (with their blue blood) have always seen themselves as the most superior people. (Hence the blue blood). They don't marry anyhow or date any how. Every prospective spouse is background checked.
And they are always Whites. Because Blacks are "inferior" set of people....

Meghan Markel (Suits girl), is black. And that is the noise we are hearing.

Meghan is also a cougar
She's is a divorcee
And she's older than Harry!

But all that matters is cos she's Black.

But mind you Prince Charles the Price of Wales is the next inline to the British throne followed by his first. This Prince Harry is his second son and he is like 6th inline of succession

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by BlackHatNaija: 10:09am On May 19, 2018
uuzba:

She didn't fight for anything.
Prince Harry loves her like that. Na the wife he wan marry. Finish.
She did, she faced a lot of pressure from the media. Even the media was suggesting another lady for the Prince because she's white. Do you know what it means to be black marrying a royal blood, esp someone like Prince Harry? She had her share of the battle but it's cool Harry stood still by her.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by uuzba(m): 10:09am On May 19, 2018
There are so many pictures on the internet.
This is Queen Elizabeth in Nigeria around 1960, about the time of our Independence.
She is Prince Harry's grand mother.
-
Since she give us independence, waka comot back to England, what have we black people done to make our nation great?
-
In fact what are we even doing today to make each other great?

5 Likes

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by uuzba(m): 10:18am On May 19, 2018
isybeke:
Over hyped marriage dat will not even last, Meghan Markle is a wrong choice for Prince Harry

Abeg it is not over hyped o.
Queen Elizabeth has been looking for how to hand over her title to the next in line.
She is not only queen of England, she is head of the common wealth.
Most importantly, since king Henry VIII broke away from the Catholic church and the authority of the Pope (the chair of St Peter answerable directly to God), and made himself the head of Anglican Church, all British monarchs have assumed that role.
Their bishop of Canterbury still bows down to this Queen. Technically, she can deny God from forgiving your sins. (That's the long English).
-
Only the Pope does have this divine right anyway.
She is looking for whom to hand over all this responsibility to.
Prince Harry said he don't want to do King and Queen again. He wants to wear Jeans and face cap.
-
Story!

5 Likes

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by phineas: 10:20am On May 19, 2018
martineverest:
and u and Ur fellow nairaland will be busy dissing our naija royal families..... hypocrites

I hold a different view,I believe royalty should be honoured.where the word of a king is there is power

but I like what they've done with their royal family.They have used them to promote their culture and their country

2 Likes

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by Sparkle777(f): 10:21am On May 19, 2018
I love royal weddings. I tap into this kind of Grace.

6 Likes

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:25am On May 19, 2018
isybeke:
Just be happy for somebody for once are you Harry to tell him he meghan is a wrong choice is it because she is a divorcee,Bi-racial or feminist?You have no right to say that a couple's marriage would not last(would not dispute it)but you don't know them in person.Leave it let it be over hyped the world is watching happy and celebrating it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by EzendiEgo1: 10:26am On May 19, 2018
Sparkle777:
I love royal weddings. I tap into this kind of Grace.
my father is a King so am a Royal Son
NNE you know what's up

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by Nobody: 10:26am On May 19, 2018
#RoyalWedding is trending on twitter now.

BTW, Princess Diana's kids are making history in the British Royal Family. William and Harry marry non Royals. Great!
Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by Nobody: 10:27am On May 19, 2018
EzendiEgo1:
my father is a King so am a Royal Son NNE you know what's up
Royal Son kwa or PRINCE.
Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by Nobody: 10:27am On May 19, 2018
EzendiEgo1:
my father is a King so am a Royal Son NNE you know what's up
Royal Son kwa or PRINCE

1 Like

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by uuzba(m): 10:28am On May 19, 2018
phineas:

I hold a different view,I believe royalty should be honoured.where the word of a king is there is power

but I like what they've done with their royal family.They have used them to promote their culture and their country

Unlike Nigeria, the entire United Kingdom land and people are UNDER the royal family. Everybody pays tax to the King/Queen.
-
In Nigeria any f*cking politician is OVER all our monarchs.

It is only of recent that the Monarchy has gone to the background.
But I tell you, every British Prime minister, must be an Anglican (the church of the land, headed by the King/Queen), must go to the Royal Palace and KNEEL DOWN before the King or Queen.
-
From Winston Churchill to John Major to Tony Blair to Theresa May. They have all knelt down to this their Queen.

See British currency. See the face of the Queen on their currency. She OWNS the land.
Our monarchs in Nigeria don't have jack.

3 Likes

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by ladygudhead(f): 10:28am On May 19, 2018
Aaawwh...marry me prince Harry! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by EzendiEgo1: 10:30am On May 19, 2018
Senselin:

Royal Son kwa or PRINCE
all the same

1 Like

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by MistaBabz: 10:33am On May 19, 2018
Can someone inform the Pope please

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:33am On May 19, 2018
martineverest:

Guy you are supposed to be my man.

A realist.
Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:35am On May 19, 2018
MistaBabz:
Can someone inform the Pope please
DSS is coming for you
Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by uuzba(m): 10:35am On May 19, 2018
EzendiEgo1:
my father is a King so am a Royal Son
NNE you know what's up

What's the size of his kingdom?
What is the size of his Army?
How many kingdoms has he defeated?
What currency money does he use? His own money or money of Nigeria Kingdom that is over him?
-
Story.
Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by Duchessree(f): 10:38am On May 19, 2018
I've been waiting for this
watching live on E entertainment
so many beautiful hats smiley
Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by Deo1986(m): 10:38am On May 19, 2018
To think that Meghan was another man's wife.

1 Like

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:38am On May 19, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Just be happy for somebody for once are you Harry to tell him he meghan is a wrong choice is it because she is a divorcee,Bi-racial or feminist?You have no right to say that a couple's marriage would not last(would not dispute it)but you don't know them in person.Leave it let it be over hyped the world is watching happy and celebrating it.

Which world is watching.
The FA Cup will have more viewers .

This is just a celeb stunt wedding.
Her father in law is the one walking her down the aisle, while her father is alive, tells you much.

3 Likes

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by Safiaa(f): 10:39am On May 19, 2018
The way British people are over hyping this thing, honestly I wish I wasn’t in this country for a second.

3 Likes

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by cocoboss(m): 10:41am On May 19, 2018
igbo amaka
Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by 8stargeneral: 10:42am On May 19, 2018
Strictly by invitation baa
Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:43am On May 19, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Which world is watching.
The FA Cup will have more viewers .

This is just a celeb stunt wedding.
Her father in law is the one walking her down the aisle, while her father is alive, tells you much.
Carry your bad belle to one side I know all that.It doesn't tell anything the both of them are from broken homes and the father had surgery.
The world is watching.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Joe Biden's Dog, Commander, Removed From White House After Biting secret Agents / “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up / Putin Tells West 'go To Hell' In The Wake Of Nuclear Weapons Transfer To Belarus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.