Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,522 members, 7,812,632 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

“I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up (50435 Views)

Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties / Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle / Kate Middleton, Duchess Of Cambridge Gives Birth To A Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by NwaNimo1(m): 6:24pm On Oct 25, 2022
“I’m 43% Nigerian”: Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up on Exciting Next Line of Action

The Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle, has dropped a new revelation about her genealogy, and it is exciting news for Nigerians Markle, in a statement, revealed she is 43 per cent Nigerian while announcing her next plan of action

The announcement has stirred reactions in the Nigerian social media space, with many expressing their willingness to receive the Duchess with open arms

The Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle, is making headlines after she revealed that she is 43% Nigerian, an announcement that has been met with jubilation and applause from many Nigerians.

Meghan made this revelation public during the latest episode of her podcast, Archetypes, via the Mirror UK during a conversation with Senegalese-American actress and comedian Issa Rae, Nigerian-American comedian and writer Ziwe Fumudoh, and Professor Emily Bernards.

Meghan Markle says she will be digging deeper into her genealogy. According to the Duchess, she took a genealogy test and discovered she is 43% Nigerian. "I just had my genealogy done a couple years ago. I'm 43% Nigerian" Meghan announced proudly. grin

Ziwe, a Nigerian-American, who was shocked by the revelation, asked: "Are you serious? This is huge. Igbo, Yoruba, do we know?" Duchess of Sussex reveals her next line of actions Meghan revealed she would take further steps into discovering more about her genealogy. She told her listeners:

"I'm going to start to dig deeper into all of this because anyone that I've told, especially Nigerian women, are just like, what?"

https://www.legit.ng/entertainment/celebrities/1499947-im-43-nigerian-duchess-sussex-meghan-markle-stirs-reactions-opens-exciting-line-action/

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Dreal1247: 6:28pm On Oct 25, 2022
Them go soon pursue you comot for royal family. If you know, you know.

202 Likes 10 Shares

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:29pm On Oct 25, 2022
Not bad. E no mean say d monarchy no go dey collect stray bullet 4rm Nigerians.

50 Likes

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Urheadmaster(m): 6:30pm On Oct 25, 2022
She should be grateful she escaped from the zoo tongue undecided

137 Likes 8 Shares

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by SmartPolician: 6:34pm On Oct 25, 2022
While some of us are trying to japa from this contraption and deny our links to Nigeria, this rich, popular and comfortable princess is trying to identify with the shithole. This is the real irony of life.

285 Likes 23 Shares

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by OldNairalander(m): 6:39pm On Oct 25, 2022
The way those whity take like Black prik, the royal family blood line will go into extinction soon

Argue with your keyboard

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Corporate2020: 6:41pm On Oct 25, 2022
SmartPolician:
While some of us are trying to japa from this shithole and deny our links with Nigeria, this rich, popular and comfortable princess is trying to identify with the shithole. This is the real irony of life.

No tell am, no dey leak secrets

88 Likes 12 Shares

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Oxb90: 6:41pm On Oct 25, 2022
ok
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by dumahi(m): 6:44pm On Oct 25, 2022
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Okoroawusa: 6:45pm On Oct 25, 2022
And so?

224 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by BloomingDale(f): 6:45pm On Oct 25, 2022
OldNairalander:
The way those whity take like Black prik, the royal family blood line will go into extinction soon

Argue with your keyboard

Na lie. Na Blacky like white toto.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by blackmantis: 6:45pm On Oct 25, 2022
No wonder she resemble Calabar girl.

52 Likes

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by MarveworldG: 6:47pm On Oct 25, 2022
We all want to identify with a great nation.

Have you seen a beautiful design like my profile picture today? Let's give your interiors a design that best suit your personality. We design home, office, hotel interiors. Check my threads for details

9 Likes

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Michelle70(m): 6:55pm On Oct 25, 2022
Nigeria is a great name.

If u want to win an election, just say u are half Nigerian and leave the rest to Nigerians to give u the fame u desire, just be good in what u do.

If i deh lie ask Anthony Joshua

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by FaceTanke: 6:57pm On Oct 25, 2022
Yoruba Amaka
grin

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Michelle70(m): 6:58pm On Oct 25, 2022
SmartPolician:
While some of us are trying to japa from this shithole and deny our links with Nigeria, this rich, popular and comfortable princess is trying to identify with the shithole. This is the real irony of life.
Nigeria is a big country and a big name.

Na inferiority complex deh worry ona for this side, Every rich and powerful people across the world who are Nigerians has found joy identifying with the country.

82 Likes 8 Shares

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by SmartPolician: 7:03pm On Oct 25, 2022
Michelle70:
Nigeria is a big country and a big name.

Na inferiority complex deh worry ona for this side, Every rich and powerful people across the world who are Nigerians has found joy identifying with the country.

Just tell her to come so we can trade places.

No dey follow me dey argue; do as you have been instructed.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Michelle70(m): 7:05pm On Oct 25, 2022
SmartPolician:

Just tell her to come so we can trade places.

No dey follow me dey argue; do as you have been instructed.
she is the duchess of sussex, she cant trade places with a POS agent like u na

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by ItsGoodToBeGood: 7:59pm On Oct 25, 2022
Meghan Ebelechukwu Markle.

A proof that Peter Obi will do wonders as the President

23 Likes

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by IgOga(m): 8:20pm On Oct 25, 2022
Who Meghan dey deceive? Her papa na full white man....she dey always try to hide that fact to claim black woman

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Ckonnet: 8:27pm On Oct 25, 2022
Odiegwu

1 Like

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Racoon(m): 8:30pm On Oct 25, 2022
Humn! Meghan you sure so?

1 Like

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Ckonnet: 8:32pm On Oct 25, 2022
UK royal family don finally receive market dey order some centuries back via slave trade in the person of Meghan.

Aunty meghan please continue to press their neck and be serving them hot breakfast and I guess she revealed this information on purpose.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Neddstark: 8:34pm On Oct 25, 2022
If you are, then carry your husband down to come and stay in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Blackfire(m): 8:37pm On Oct 25, 2022
Don't be igbo or yoruba... or else

1 Like

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by vanunu: 8:39pm On Oct 25, 2022
Are you Igbo, Hausa , Yoruba ,Idioms Or Efik?.
There is nothing like being a Nigerian in the real sense.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Corridon: 8:43pm On Oct 25, 2022
FaceTanke:
Yoruba Amaka
grin
Shatap. She is Igbo.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Corridon: 8:44pm On Oct 25, 2022
Neddstark:
If you are, then carry your husband down to come and stay in Nigeria.
Trash. She is afraid of skull miners. She is Igbo though.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 25, 2022
angry So Make we fry Beans undecided

206 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by FaceTanke: 8:47pm On Oct 25, 2022
Corridon:
Shatap. She is Igbo.

That markle fit be Makun or Maku or Makanjuola

25 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Putin Tells West 'go To Hell' In The Wake Of Nuclear Weapons Transfer To Belarus / Anna Tereshkova Strips Off In Snow To Encourage Toughness, She Gets Criticized / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.