Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,766 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge (26622 Views)

Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) / Pictures From The Construction Of Second Niger Bridge / I Don't Want To Share Ambode's Day Of Glory With Him - Fashola Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge by Enice(m): 11:35am On May 20, 2018
seguno2:

Please quote just one person who said that Jonathan has paid for the bridge if you are not a liar like Fashola, Lai Mohammed, Buhari and all APC supporters.
I hope that you are not a liar and you will quickly share just one quote.
Thanks
Doyin Okukpe, Reno the dog fu<ker Omokri and a host of others. There was even a thread on this sometime ago on Nairaland.
Re: Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge by nograv: 11:36am On May 20, 2018
More talk, call me when it is done abeg... undecided
Re: Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge by MrJanuzaj: 11:37am On May 20, 2018
ALCOHOLKILLS:
Political eye service, for three years you couldn't even complete the bridge to 50% cheesy grin

Election is around the corner, you wanna use the bridge collect their vote. May amadioha strike you there.

Nonsense sad sad

You are a big fo.ol. how many percent did your heroes did for 16 years before being thrown out..
Re: Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge by lonecatt(m): 11:37am On May 20, 2018
Enice:
this is the same bridge that made you guys asslick GEJ's pilehole. Now you don't need it because the hero of democracy is the one to commission it.
no be only hero of democracy na hero of boko haram and fulani herdsmen .ndi ala
Re: Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge by MrJanuzaj: 11:38am On May 20, 2018
NaijaFutbol:
you stop work in 2015...
you start work in 2018...

ehen...make we clap?

If you did not stop it then, maybe you will actually be coming to commission it

Stop which work in 2015? Was their any work in 2015? You must have taken your left over codeine

1 Like

Re: Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge by SBG04: 11:41am On May 20, 2018
NaijaFutbol:
you stop work in 2015...
you start work in 2018...

ehen...make we clap?

If you did not stop it then, maybe you will actually be coming to commission it
These Biafran trolls have started again! Did you read the article?
ode!
Re: Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge by Fowuzo76(m): 11:41am On May 20, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:
Fashola you fall my hand seriously !

STOP THE DAMN PROJECT!!!

We don't need uncouth, brash villagers crossing over to our westside cities and towns.

STOP THE DAMN PROJECT!!!
u are just a dog that should be licking afonja asses or drinking aboki pee
Re: Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge by nextstep(m): 11:42am On May 20, 2018
Only thing I want to hear is "it's completed and ready for traffic"...

All this talk of funding sources and promises of completion is just 2019 tactics... not interested at all... should they get re-elected, we will know we are on a long thing and that bridge will remain uncompleted for another 4 years.
Re: Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge by MrJanuzaj: 11:42am On May 20, 2018
Kobicove:
They want to use this as bait to get votes from the South East in the 2019 elections undecided

Keep quite nobody need your votes. Your hatred will not prevent PMB from doing his job. You didnt vote for him in 2015, yet he won. so who told You he need it now?
Re: Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge by ozoekwe(m): 11:49am On May 20, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:

STOP THE DAMN PROJECT!!!

We don't need uncouth, brash villagers crossing over to our westside cities and towns.

STOP THE DAMN PROJECT!!!

Very soon you will be forty and u'll remain a fool forever
Re: Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge by Throwback: 11:54am On May 20, 2018
seguno2:

Super Minister of darkness and lies
The bridge will be completed in five years by current estimates.
Budgets are approved each year.
How can Fashola, a SAN talk about funding assured over the five years?
Maybe he is SAN but he is not sane

I believe he mentioned foreseeable future.

So since you know that budget is approved each year, why do you think a minister who has to defend a budget does not know that, and foreseeable future refers to that which is already approved for the fiscal year?

Or is approved budget for a fiscal year not a foreseeable future with guaranteed funds to prevent a stoppage of project execution?
Re: Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge by malikberry100(m): 11:57am On May 20, 2018
Pls were exactly is this second niger bridge located @ cos me i hve been driving through dat route anytime im leaving asaba,is it close to first niger bridge,pls i need an answer fellow nairalanders.
15Ebisco:
The Minister of Works, Power and Housing, Mr Babatunde Fashola, has said that the Federal Government has put in place workable funding mechanism, to ensure the Second Niger Bridge is completed.

Fashola stated this on Saturday, when he visited the site of the project at Oko near Asaba in Delta state.

The former Lagos Governor said the modified tax credit policy, the Sukuk Intervention Fund and the Presidential Infrastructural Fund, among others, were aimed at funding infrastructure projects that would make the country globally competitive.

“By my assessment, the piling work is now about 50 per cent.

“At the time I resumed work at the ministry, only the bridge was designed and work had stopped, but because of the commitment of the president, work has commenced.

“For the foreseeable future, I don’t see any reason why work will stop again because funding has been provided,” Fashola said.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/fashola-speaks-on-completion-of-second.html
Re: Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge by Maket: 12:04pm On May 20, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:

STOP THE DAMN PROJECT!!!

STOP THE DAMN PROJECT!!!
COLLECT SLAP. P
Re: Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 12:08pm On May 20, 2018
MrJanuzaj:

You are a big fo.ol. how many percent did your heroes did for 16 years before being thrown out..

Mad afonja, don't quote me again with your insults
Re: Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge by Kingsley10000: 12:14pm On May 20, 2018
buhari loves ndi igbo

1 Like

Re: Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge by Kingsley10000: 12:14pm On May 20, 2018
what pdp couldn't do for us for the past 16years
Re: Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge by Idrico(m): 12:23pm On May 20, 2018
ALCOHOLKILLS:
Political eye service, for three years you couldn't even complete the bridge to 50% cheesy grin

Election is around the corner, you wanna use the bridge collect their vote. May amadioha strike you there.

Nonsense sad sad
Where was the money to execute the project.
Re: Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 20, 2018
Since dem born me na hin I don dey hear of this Niger bridge,last last e no go big pass ikoyi Bridge.
Re: Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge by pasol4real(m): 12:27pm On May 20, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:

STOP THE DAMN PROJECT!!!

STOP THE DAMN PROJECT!!!
This one brain don jam transmitter
Someone pls catch him before e go enter street .
Re: Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge by MrJanuzaj: 12:28pm On May 20, 2018
ALCOHOLKILLS:

Mad afonja, don't quote me again with your insults

You are mad. Are u the owner of Nairaland?
Re: Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge by BetaThings: 12:30pm On May 20, 2018
yeyerolling:
We say the military was corrupt but they built some monumental projects that wasnt tolled. This bridge would be tolled just lik ikoyi bridge. Who we offend self

All FG's roads will now be tolled
I prefer smooth roads that are tolled to abandoned death traps

http://www.punchng.com/new-toll-gates-to-be-located-at-old-spots-fashola/

The Federal Government has announced that it has concluded plans to re-introduce tolls on major highways across the country.

The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN), while appearing before the Senate Commitee on Federal Roads Maintenance Agency on Thursday, said 38 points had been identified in the first phase of the re-introduction
Re: Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge by Guyman02: 12:37pm On May 20, 2018
How long did it take Russia to build the Crimea bridge, every campaigns around the south east revolves around this 'classic' bridge
Re: Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge by chinedu234(m): 12:48pm On May 20, 2018
Work stopped when our confused president ran as a sole administrator for six months. Some of us witnessed the initial work by the Jonathan administration which seemed aimed at the 2015 elections. But on the whole it's good that work is back as earlier designed by the government. I say government because it is a continuity not minding the administration.
Re: Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:50pm On May 20, 2018
stop speculating and give a definite dateas deadline when the bridge will be completed. . i just hope the FG matches words with action!
Re: Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge by chinedu234(m): 12:54pm On May 20, 2018
malikberry100:
Pls were exactly is this second niger bridge located @ cos me i hve been driving through dat route anytime im leaving asaba,is it close to first niger bridge,pls i need an answer fellow nairalanders.
If you are going to the head bridge from Asaba look to your right. The distance from that point may be about two kilometers.
Re: Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge by opribo(m): 1:02pm On May 20, 2018
When people are determined to see a project through, there are less talks and few stories to tell. For example the payments for the Tucana fighter jets at very huge costs, the renovation of NAIA Abuja, completion of 3rd inland bridge just to mention a few.

This 2nd Niger bridge has become a campaign tool for various political parties especially this APC. They lack the political Will to see to its completion. Yet the myopic ones cannot see far to see the uncertainty in the minister's political comments.

The eastern states and their southern counterparts should take their destinies in their hands. Get a joint agreement with a foreign firm to build that bridge by way of concessioning. This government is irresponsible they cannot take responsibility for anything other than blame others for their inefficiency.

The moment the states take it up just watch how the FG will jump in the conclusion to take the glory. They are very terrible indeed.

I don't know what the govt is doing for us. We don't have good roads, no well funded school , no steady electricity light, no good water system, no good hospital, no security, no good economy. Just name it.

The people provide their own light by way of generators, they pay heavily to private schools for a bit of quality education, they buy satchet or bottled water in the absence of good pipe borne water, they provide their own security, they do all for themselves. The basic essence of government is lacking and then I wonder what the hell those parading themselves shamelessly as leaders are doing.
In normal societies the people will stand up in civil protest against a shambolic system but here I don't understand.
How can a people sit back and watch people loot tax payers money without using it to build basic infrastructure like roads, hospitals, schools etc. We are our own problems, yes the people.
It's not the leaders, it's the people who allow and tolerate bad and ineffectual leaders to feed on tax payers funds.
Re: Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge by ogunsj: 1:03pm On May 20, 2018
ALCOHOLKILLS:

Nonsense sad sad
maybe you don't know that you people are not relevant to APC political equation. if all the ipob, including waking your ancestors from the grave to come and vote against Buhari, he will still win. so let your AMADIOHA return back to you.
Re: Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 20, 2018
Seetto:
This people don't deserve this project , they see nothing good in this administration, u can imagine how they are shinning away from this tread, they only rejoice at bad news , fulani herdsmen has killed 70 Benue, unknown gunmen attacked Kaduna villages, pretend to care and is what they pray should be happening, to have a way of saying bad about the government.

Exactly. You said it all.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge by back2sender: 1:07pm On May 20, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:

STOP THE DAMN PROJECT!!!

STOP THE DAMN PROJECT!!!
I agree with you 100%.
Stop the gaddam bridge construction now .
We need to use that MONEY to build the link beach road linking Ondo to Lagos at ayetoro.
Omoluabi forward ever

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 20, 2018
Seetto:
This people don't deserve this project , they see nothing good in this administration, u can imagine how they are shinning away from this tread, they only rejoice at bad news , fulani herdsmen has killed 70 Benue, unknown gunmen attacked Kaduna villages, pretend to care and is what they pray should be happening, to have a way of saying bad about the government.

Mr man that knows what people do and don't deserve, what have the government done in other to curb those attacks and shame those who "celebrate" the bad happenings? instead they are defending the killers. The joke is on you. Think better before posting.
Re: Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge by Mbediogu(m): 1:14pm On May 20, 2018
15Ebisco:
The Minister of Works, Power and Housing, Mr Babatunde Fashola, has said that the Federal Government has put in place workable funding mechanism, to ensure the Second Niger Bridge is completed.

Fashola stated this on Saturday, when he visited the site of the project at Oko near Asaba in Delta state.

The former Lagos Governor said the modified tax credit policy, the Sukuk Intervention Fund and the Presidential Infrastructural Fund, among others, were aimed at funding infrastructure projects that would make the country globally competitive.

“By my assessment, the piling work is now about 50 per cent.

“At the time I resumed work at the ministry, only the bridge was designed and work had stopped, but because of the commitment of the president, work has commenced.

“For the foreseeable future, I don’t see any reason why work will stop again because funding has been provided,” Fashola said.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/fashola-speaks-on-completion-of-second.html

You are just angling for Igbo votes with speeches. We are pragmatic and understand the limits of political promises. You will only and always get my vote when the job is fully done!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NDLEA Arrests Village Head & 10 Others, Intercepts Opoid Pills, Skunk, Heroin / Jonathan Campaigns In Gombe (Photos) / Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.