Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,295 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Atheists, Do You Have This Weird Problem? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists, Do You Have This Weird Problem? (2288 Views)

Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke / Weird Things Some African Pastors Have Made Their Members Do(Photos) / Global Study: Atheists In Massive Decline, Only 1.8% Of World Population By 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists, Do You Have This Weird Problem? by JackBizzle: 10:27am On Dec 20, 2020
shadeyinka:

Probably your demons are getting unleashed!

They are making suggestions now, later you'll be wondering why you are not an active participant and later, you'll actually participate unfortunately to you own demise.

Do you blame your actions on demons?

Stop believing in fairytales
Re: Atheists, Do You Have This Weird Problem? by LordReed(m): 12:11pm On Dec 20, 2020
superhumanist:
Ever since I became an atheist, I developed a problem of some sorts. I seem to be drawn to thoughts about death and dark things.

I seem to have a taste for dark fantasy and the weird side of life.

For instance, I watch a lot of horror movies (I used to be scared of them as a christian). I read a lot of horror novels as well. I revel in apocalyptic and dystopian thoughts about the future.

If I were to self-diagnose myself, I would say that being an atheists makes you more likely to question life...and an important part of life is death. In questioning my mortality and finding no answer, I think I continue to find some meaning in the macabre.

What do you guys think?

This a personal experience for you and not generalised for all atheists. However I must say that after becoming atheist death has taken a different perspective in my mind. While the fear has somewhat abated, the finality of it means it does have an impact in how I conduct my affairs.
Re: Atheists, Do You Have This Weird Problem? by JackBizzle: 1:27pm On Dec 20, 2020
LordReed:

This a personal experience for you and not generalised for all atheists. However I must say that after becoming atheist death has taken a different perspective in my mind. While the fear has somewhat abated, the finality of it means it does have an impact in how I conduct my affairs.

The bold part is still what I am talking about.

Becoming an atheist does change one's perspective on death.

For some people, they become more engrossed on what religion forbade them from doing.
Re: Atheists, Do You Have This Weird Problem? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 20, 2020
superhumanist:
Ever since I became an atheist, I developed a problem of some sorts. I seem to be drawn to thoughts about death and dark things.

I seem to have a taste for dark fantasy and the weird side of life.

For instance, I watch a lot of horror movies (I used to be scared of them as a christian). I read a lot of horror novels as well. I revel in apocalyptic and dystopian thoughts about the future.

If I were to self-diagnose myself, I would say that being an atheists makes you more likely to question life...and an important part of life is death. In questioning my mortality and finding no answer, I think I continue to find some meaning in the macabre.

What do you guys think?

Life is an absurdity since there is no meaningful way in which living things can co-exist.
The randomness of the events that happen inside/outside the biosphere is constant.
There is no reason/purpose behind these things.
Living things just increase/decrease in population.
Re: Atheists, Do You Have This Weird Problem? by shadeyinka(m): 4:14pm On Dec 20, 2020
JackBizzle:

Do you blame your actions on demons?

Stop believing in fairytales
Do you blame ALL your illnesses on parasites?
Re: Atheists, Do You Have This Weird Problem? by shadeyinka(m): 4:16pm On Dec 20, 2020
JackBizzle:

Yet countries with high numbers of atheists are usually the most developed. Atheists tend to have higher levels of education and income.

There is no evidence for an afterlife.
The industrial and scientific revolution took place in Europe and America under the auspices of those who belived in God.
Atheism started becoming prevalent after 1948?

Know your history!

What kind of evidence would suffice for you to know that life continues after death?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Worships Orisa Ososi At Ile Ife / Fr. Mbaka Clears The Air , Says He Has Never Seen Uloma's unclothedness / Apostle Johnson Suleiman Prophecy About 2023 President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.