Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,404 members, 7,836,616 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? (28485 Views)

Healthy Nigerian Breakfast Meals / Is The Sugar In Fruits Good Or Bad For Your Health? / Foods That Should Not Be Eaten before Exercise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by bekpo(m): 3:34pm On May 21, 2018
Some while after meal
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by encryptjay(m): 3:34pm On May 21, 2018
The body has trouble digesting the carbohydrates in fruit in combination with other foods is also not supported by the science. The body produces digestive enzymes for protein, fat and carbohydrates and releases them from the pancreas together. If we could not digest mixed meals, we would not even be able to digest most foods since most foods are a combination of nutrients. For example, even vegetables like green beans and broccoli are a mix of carbohydrate and protein.
What's more, gas is produced by the colon -- not the stomach. So while fruit can cause gas in some people, the contents of their stomachs will have little relevance. According to Pochapin, food reaches the colon about six to 10 hours after we eat it. So while fruit isn't damaging to eat at any time, it is also true that we spend many hours digesting it anyway.
Ultimately, the better question is how much -- rather than when -- we eat healthful foods like fruit.
The concern should not be empty stomach or with a meal. Rather the concern should be how can I eat more of this health-boosting food group.

https://www.quora.com/Should-fruits-be-eaten-before-or-after-meals

1 Like

Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by Activity77(m): 3:35pm On May 21, 2018
Very important... Dieticians in the house... Your attention is needed...

Me personally I do take fruits an hour before meal. Don't know why but am already used to it.
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by Edu3Again: 3:36pm On May 21, 2018
Gammfreak:
I am a medical student, take my advice.
fruits should be eaten an hour before a meal or an hour after a meal.
Why an hour?
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by aribisala0(m): 3:36pm On May 21, 2018
Gammfreak:
I am a medical student, take my advice.
fruits should be eaten an hour before a meal or an hour after a meal.
How is your being a medical student relevant to this issue?
Where do you get your opinion from? A textbook or an experiment you conducted?

2 Likes

Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by asawanathegreat(m): 3:37pm On May 21, 2018
I normally eat fruits after meal for digestion
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by pragmatistm(m): 3:39pm On May 21, 2018
Eat fruits on empty stomach whether before or after meals. At least 30 minutes before meals is better because your stomach should be empty then and it must have digested before you eat your meal. A combination of fruits and meal together in the stomach is bad for human system.
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by femi4: 3:39pm On May 21, 2018
Worksunlimited:

Before or after meals buh never heard of it been eating during meals.

fruit salad nko?
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by boluwaay(m): 3:41pm On May 21, 2018
Fruits are to be eaten on an empty stomach. However, there are few things you need to know about fruits and the best time to eat them. My advice...fruits are best taken as the first thing in the morning. (not to replace breakfast though). They're best taken as soon as you wake up; also in between meals when your stomach is empty. Some can be taken as liquids or as water all through the day like Lemon/ginger water which is perfect for detoxification.
You can read more online on benefits of fruits to the body.
Regards.

1 Like

Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by Reelmii: 3:42pm On May 21, 2018
MaziOmenuko:
You go fear nau.

Anyway, it depends on the company you got the job.

If its a manufacturing firm, take the fruit first, then wait 15 minutes before the meal.

If its a service provider, eat both simultaneously.

If its an oil company (palm oil, ororo, palmkanel oil, olive oil, hair cream, relaxer etc) take the food first, wait 15 minutes before you take the fruit.

If its oil company (crude oil), take the fruit and let them package the food as takeaway.

for ur mind now, u have made sense

2 Likes

Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by fabulous986: 3:42pm On May 21, 2018
Na before meal i dey always hear but my eti didi no gree... tongue tongue tongue
i it prefer after meal..
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by aribisala0(m): 3:43pm On May 21, 2018
pragmatistm:
Eat fruits on empty stomach whether before or after meals. At least 30 minutes before meals is better because your stomach should be empty then and it must have digested before you eat your meal. A combination of fruits and meal together in the stomach is bad for human system.
Bad?

How? In what way isit "bad"?
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 21, 2018
Gammfreak:

Fruits should be eaten an hour before a meal or an hour after a meal. fruit intake however depends on type of fruit u re taking. Depending on the fruit, orange can cause increase in gastric emptying after a diet.

I dare not take orange after eating. I get hungry again like so soon..
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by Worksunlimited: 3:43pm On May 21, 2018
femi4:
fruit salad nko?

Depends on the person eating it..
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by dontbothermuch: 3:49pm On May 21, 2018
First thing in the morning, on an empty stomach
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by aribisala0(m): 3:49pm On May 21, 2018
boluwaay:
Fruits are to be eaten on an empty stomach. However, there are few things you need to know about fruits and the best time to eat them. My advice...fruits are best taken as the first thing in the morning. (not to replace breakfast though). They're best taken as soon as you wake up; also in between meals when your stomach is empty. Some can be taken as liquids or as water all through the day like Lemon/ginger water which is perfect for detoxification.
You can read more online on benefits of fruits to the body.
Regards.

Why must they be eaten on an empty stomach.

The fundamental error with what you hae written is the assumption that all fruits somehow constitute a nutritional classorhave some kind of Nutritional homogeneity

"fruits" are nutritionally very diverse and can be eaten at any time or in any combination.

All this talk about best eaten at mdnight when there is a full moon is nonsense

The only rationale for eating fruits before mealsisas a weight loss strategy with the idea that it will reduce food intake at meals whether that works in practice is another matter completely.

1 Like

Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by Jabioro: 3:50pm On May 21, 2018
You say, you are confused.,the real confusion is in Aso rock and part of it has been transimitted to IG where transfusion are to be transmitted...therefore you are experiencing aso rock breath...
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by Rapsino(m): 3:51pm On May 21, 2018
juddywizard:
Hello guys,am a bit confused here,just got my first job and during lunch,food is usually served with fruits,I have checked the Internet concerning fruits and meals,most blogs I read seems to contradict themselves. should fruit be eaten first or after meal or not to be eaten atall during meal?....share your knowledge about fruits and meal.
Am concern about ur job. Where pls? If I can come to eat too

1 Like

Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 21, 2018
peter1994:
I think it is best before meals... cos I've done a little experiment on this in my 500L

Some fruits when consumed immediately after a meal especially supper might lead to digestion issues but such a problem is seem when consumed before.

You can also take it A LITTLE WHILE after a meal (but I don't think that one will suit this your situation)
Sir would you mind giving us the name of those fruits which cause indigestion cos I can categorically say that most fruits (esp tropical) aid bowel movement and digestion.
This is so cos of their high fibrous content from the cellulose frame work.
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by Pat081: 4:03pm On May 21, 2018
I eat it any how it cum my way b4 food or after. Just thank God dat is nt hospital dey re forcing u to eat it
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 21, 2018
You suppose know na judyWIZARD grin
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by blackboy2star(m): 4:05pm On May 21, 2018
Before meals
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by MaziOmenuko: 4:07pm On May 21, 2018
Reelmii:
for ur mind now, u have made sense

Where did you drop your sense of humor?

Anyway, things are hard; i won't blame you if you did lose it.
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by Ben07033571608(m): 4:09pm On May 21, 2018
Eat fruit after meal.
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by Idrismusty97(m): 4:11pm On May 21, 2018
Eat anyhow you like. At the end everything will mix in your stomach.
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by Dailyfavour(m): 4:15pm On May 21, 2018
Much better early in the morning before meal OR 30 minutes after meal.
Your choice.
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by newsnjobs(m): 4:15pm On May 21, 2018
you no get fruit to eat, na wahaha,

You get fruit to eat na still wahala.

Make person kukuma kpai finish for the whole world to avoid all these wahala up and down.

@Op, anytime and anyhow you eat the fruit, na your belle e go enter.
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by Dailyfavour(m): 4:15pm On May 21, 2018
Much better early in the morning before meal OR 30 minutes after meal.
Your choice.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 10 Health Questions The World Googled In 2017 / Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized / Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.