Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,322 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? (28467 Views)

Beautiful Lady Shows Off The Lovely Meals She Got At A Nigerian Hospital / Is The Sugar In Fruits Good Or Bad For Your Health? / Foods That Should Not Be Eaten before Exercise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by Thewesterner(m): 4:24pm On May 21, 2018
noblealuu:
A number of young graduates are unemployed, coupled with hunger in the land... You're privileged to get a job even where you're served food for break time.

Your problem now is when to complement the food with fruits, whether before, during or after meal kiss

Well, let me not comment what is in my mind, it could be suicidal... shocked

No mind am...

E get cap...

E get head...

E dey ask me make I help am with how e wan take position d cap for hin head

1 Like

Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by gabbie77: 4:36pm On May 21, 2018
30mins interval should be given before or after fruit is taken before eating meal.
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by Chibabe1(f): 4:53pm On May 21, 2018
harryboyng:
..some..before meals as appetizer..some..after food as refreshment..

They will all sort themselves in the intestines (small and large)
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by oxygenlove(m): 4:57pm On May 21, 2018
if its garri and mango dem serve you, there is no; before,during and after there o, all na still stomach upset, ,(evergreen myth)
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 21, 2018
Nedfed:
Bros follow ur mind cos must of dis people dey too confuse. Abeg chop fruits any how

Lol
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by Geesaintagape: 5:12pm On May 21, 2018
The fruits have functions which is either provide fibres or vitamins.
They enhance digestion n metabolism.
No significant diff eating it b4 or after meal.
I take fruit any time I'm pleased to do so
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by SYBLmon: 5:17pm On May 21, 2018
fruits should be eaten FULL STOP
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by kmaster007: 5:35pm On May 21, 2018
all good wther you eat bfor or after food.. his allowed
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by Maket: 6:27pm On May 21, 2018
You don't need to eat fruit at all.
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by Raheemzee(m): 6:36pm On May 21, 2018
boss1310:
your new job serve you food with fruits?am changing job asap as I don't get served even water with the food I bought myself
but but ur monicker says u are a boss na! grin
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by Carlossmith(m): 6:41pm On May 21, 2018
well i heard some fruits have oxidizing properties so ill advice you take them after meals
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by bakynes(m): 7:20pm On May 21, 2018
juddywizard:
Hello guys,am a bit confused here,just got my first job and during lunch,food is usually served with fruits,I have checked the Internet concerning fruits and meals,most blogs I read seems to contradict themselves. should fruit be eaten first or after meal or not to be eaten atall during meal?....share your knowledge about fruits and meal.
Sorry are you one of us that went for the induction at Ilesa. Coz I just got a job too and they serve us fruits and lunch. I was even the one suggesting to my colleagues to take the fruit before eating. Lemme know if you are one of us at ABI

1 Like

Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by carinmom(f): 7:22pm On May 21, 2018
MrIcredible:
Before!

Medically right.

Ask your Nutritionist.

Exactly what my doc told me, it should be eaten before meals.
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by knzoe: 7:29pm On May 21, 2018
One of the basic essence of eating fruits is to replenish lost electrolyte during sweat, stressful exercise and health conditions that leaves one dehydrated. Going by this, nutritionists advised that you eat your fruits (at least 30mins) before your meals.However, due to individual physiological differences, the reverse may be the case.
Let your food be your drugs and let your drugs be your food.
Eat healthy, stay healthy.
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by SUNDICOS(m): 7:34pm On May 21, 2018
When you cut food, cut fruit join immediately OK,
There's no special time eating any of it.

Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by aribisala0(m): 8:28pm On May 21, 2018
knzoe:
One of the basic essence of eating fruits is to replenish lost electrolyte during sweat, stressful exercise and health conditions that leaves one dehydrated. Going by this, nutritionists advised that you eat your fruits (at least 30mins) before your meals.However, due to individual physiological differences, the reverse may be the case.
Let your food be your drugs and let your drugs be your food.
Eat healthy, stay healthy.

Electrolyte?

How does eating fruits any number of minutes before or or after meals affect or influence electrolyte balance

This is pseudo science and has no meaning

There are so many different fruits that there is no nutritional homgeneity bewteen them to attribute any kind of benefits to "fruits"

The term "fruit" as a nutritional class is just without meaning or value we have mangoes, guavas, oranges, plums,apples etc what is its about them that makes them more homogenous than tomatoes,cucumbers, carrot Ugwu leaves,okro, groundnuts or plantain.

The reality is the term "fruit" has no value when offering dietary advice.So making any claim about "fruits" and trying to pretend that indeed there is a nutritional category like "fruits" which has nutritional characteristics that distinguishes it from "non-fruits" is funny

Consider
watermelon pineapples cucumber, tomatoes coconuts, mangoes bananas and plantains which ones are fruits and which are not

What nutrients do they all have in common?
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by charlsecy(m): 8:45pm On May 21, 2018
juddywizard:
,most blogs I read seems to contradict themselves.
You can take fruit at any time.
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by Tolubory(m): 9:08pm On May 21, 2018
juddywizard:
Hello guys,am a bit confused here,just got my first job and during lunch,food is usually served with fruits,I have checked the Internet concerning fruits and meals,most blogs I read seems to contradict themselves. should fruit be eaten first or after meal or not to be eaten atall during meal?....share your knowledge about fruits and meal.
When I dey small ...
If we don enter any fruit season.
we dey eat any fruit any day any time...
Nah Civilization come dey Change wetin man believe in....
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by Originalsly: 10:46pm On May 21, 2018
I would say before...maybe like an hour? Whatever nutrients in the fruin can be absorbed by the empty stomach. If taken while food is being digested in the stomach... then I guess much nutrients can be lost in the process and even change the chemistry. ...like causing gases to form....resulting in ehmmm..... consistent farthing...but...who cares?
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by mechanics(m): 11:13pm On May 21, 2018
Before meal.
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by shekauvsbuhari: 11:24pm On May 21, 2018
Gammfreak:

Fruits should be eaten an hour before a meal or an hour after a meal. fruit intake however depends on type of fruit u re taking. Depending on the fruit, orange can cause increase in gastric emptying after a diet.
pls what do u mean by gastric emptying?
Re: ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? by pragmatistm(m): 6:59pm On May 26, 2018
aribisala0:

Bad?

How? In what way isit "bad"?
It has been scientifically proven that the chemical reaction between fruits and food is not good when nix together with the enzimes. So it's better they digest separately.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized / African Journalists Decry Racist Monkeypox Reporting / HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.