Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,082 members, 7,814,746 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? (28894 Views)

NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU / Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! / Federal Health Workers Under The Umbrella Of JOHESU Embark On Indefinite Trike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Freddonance(m): 3:55pm On May 22, 2018
There are things that should be clarified..
1. No matter how big a complex or a building is, if a doctor is not working there, that place can't ansa HOSPITAL.

2. Laboratory medicine, belongs to the doctor. Doctors who specialized in Lab Medicine are called PATHOLOGISTS. You don't expect a lab scientists to head a pathologist is his own lab. if u do then it's like allowing a stranger who doesn't know the tradition of ur people to lead u... That's an anomaly....

3.The doctor can not head the pharmacy store cos there are people who should head it & they are called PHARMACISTS.
4. In the same vain, an OPTOMETRIST can't head an opthalmologist, if it happens, it is anomalous.

5. A radiologist can't be headed by a radiographer.

All those services are provided in the hospital & the hospital is the home of a doctor. He has got no where to go than stay at home.

I see it strange when people clamor to come to a doctor's home to head him. except he so permit but I do not think he will allow that happen now, maybe later.

These things appear to be birthright by virtue of the training of a doctor.

All these people came & met this hierarchical pattern but want to turn things around because they feel they are populated & doctors are few.... If u know u do not want a doctor to head u in the lab , pls do not study any related course in the university.

PLS IF U THINK U CAN RUN A HOSPITAL WITHOUT A DOCTOR'S CERTIFICATE pls indicate let's reason

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by careerwoman(f): 3:56pm On May 22, 2018
ckmayoca:

You don't understand the issue at hand. NmA already had increment 3 times while the ministry refused to increase the health worker's. Even the university of ibadan staffs earns higher hazard allowance over the health workers. The doctors hazard allowance was currently increased also but nothing of other health workers.

Wrong.. please don't post what you're not sure of thereby misleading people. Hazard allowance is the same across all boards which shouldn't be the case (I have seen appointment letters of intern pharmacists and lab scientists so it's a FACT).. Mere 60k per annum (5k per month)
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 22, 2018
xreal:

Do you know the rigours pharmacist go through before being certified? Same goes to medical health records professionals who renew their certificates every year (either employed or not).

Relate with the physiotherapist, Radiologist and you will know how vital their role is in the hospital.

Don't let us mention nurses.

Being a medical doctor is by choice, just as being a medical laboratory scientist is.

Discrimination shouldn't be that obvious in a government established hospital.

Yes, doctors can earn more from call duty allowances, pharmacist also run call, virtually most of these professionals run one of either overtime, call, and so on. The difference can come from there and not salary scale.

Also if I am a Radiologist, let an experienced radiologist head my department and not a medical doctor.

I am sure if JOHESU keeps quiet as they had been, a medical doctor will head the works department ( if that hasn't been happening already).
Do you even realize radiologist are doctors. Get informed about the difference between a radiologist and radiographer

2 Likes

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Solababa91(m): 4:03pm On May 22, 2018
OgaInnocent:

WHO is an organization. Its like saying, because Buhari is president of Nigeria, as a cattle rearer, therefore anybody can head the hospital. False. Doctors are best persons to manage the hospital.

Can you provide the reasons why they are the best? Please am here. It's just like saying a political scientists is the best fit to govern a state or a country. The hospital do not belong to any health professional (Doctors or JOHESU amalgamates) it belongs to the patient for God sake. If there are no patients there wouldn't be an hospital. Right or wrong?

3 Likes

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Gr8amechi: 4:06pm On May 22, 2018
xreal:

Do you know the rigours pharmacist go through before being certified? Same goes to medical health records professionals who renew their certificates every year (either employed or not).

Relate with the physiotherapist, Radiologist and you will know how vital their role is in the hospital.

Don't let us mention nurses.

Being a medical doctor is by choice, just as being a medical laboratory scientist is.

Discrimination shouldn't be that obvious in a government established hospital.

Yes, doctors can earn more from call duty allowances, pharmacist also run call, virtually most of these professionals run one of either overtime, call, and so on. The difference can come from there and not salary scale.

Also if I am a Radiologist, let an experienced radiologist head my department and not a medical doctor.

I am sure if JOHESU keeps quiet as they had been, a medical doctor will head the works department ( if that hasn't been happening already).
Hope you know that there is a difference between a radiologist and a radiographer??
A radiologist is a medical first before doing another 6 years or specialization in medical imagining.
See the problem is many people don't know what medicine entails. Clinical medicine has over 14 departments that one can specialize on, now that's the problem.
Who heads a radiology department is a radiologist and he has both radiographer and radiologist under him.
Same way is a laboratory, for example in a microbiology laboratory there are medical doctors who after graduation goes further 6 years to specialize on medical microbiology, virology etc, these head the microbiology lab and has medical laboratory scientist under them.
Doctors don't head pharmacy or nursing service as JOHESU are trying to make everyone think and for those radiologist they spend minimum 13 years of study to become consultant radiologist can you compare that to a radiographer??

2 Likes

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by docadams: 4:10pm On May 22, 2018
skabber2:

Do you know what entry level graduates earn in NNPC,CBN ? You need to help. So, you ll want to kill yourself if you find yourslf in these places or with multinational companies with good pay.

Angelfrost

Attached to Doctors??! What is even wrong with you? If they are attached to doctors, then why don't you detach them so that you can have the entire hospital to yourselves??! I am taking the fifth on all these issues, but your statement is rife with arrogance tinged in conceit and poor objectivity (if not a total lack of). It's because your Health ministry reasons so narrow-mindedly that a strike which should have been settled before it even started has dragged on for this long. Research on how developed countries run their hospitals, and be ashamed of your country.

The earlier you ask your leaders to brace up for reality rather than this voyage of twisting facts and figures the better for you. Gone are the days when your group obtained favourable judgements through the backdoor or get favourable policies passed. We are fully awake now.Your lot can wail and throw sentiments around. At the end of the day, on the negotiation table facts speak.
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by OgaInnocent(m): 4:10pm On May 22, 2018
Solababa91:

Can you provide the reasons why they are the best? Please am here. It's just like saying a political scientists is the best fit to govern a state or a country. The hospital do not belong to any health professional (Doctors or JOHESU amalgamates) it belongs to the patient for God sake. If there are no patients there wouldn't be an hospital. Right or wrong?
The hospital belongs to the patients. True. The doctor is the best person to head the hospital because he know the situation of the patient more than any health worker. He makes diagnosis, he prescribes the drug. The patient cannot receive any drug without the approval of the doctor. Hence the doctor should head the hospital.

1 Like

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 22, 2018
Nkcells:
Me I want to leave this country, someone help me with a legit link, let me go and join buhari's doctors abroad
How i wish you can pass your PLAB or USMLE because you'll get to know how the health care system is operated. from there you'll become a change agent.
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by careerwoman(f): 4:14pm On May 22, 2018
kolmart:
Permit me to make a simply analysis on this topic. I know some ignorant people will continue to say the doctors are the supreme in the hospital setting yes they may quite right and wrong but for example for those people who are used to hospital setting very well, when a patient went to hospital to seek for medical care, such patients didnt go to see doctors direct, first and foremost such patients needs to be clerk by Medical Information officer who will clerk him/her issue such patient an hospital card from their such patients will be headed to the hospital account clerk for payment after payment the nurses begin to see to his/her vital sign then from their to see the doctors if such patient is having language barrier such doctor needs the help of interpreter after consultation such patient if necessary will be referred to laboratory scientists for lab test after result such patient will be back to see the doctor after reading the result of the laboratory the doctors will prescribe a drug and the patient will take it to pharmacist to get the drugs. [b]Now let me ask us a question, if laboratory scientists, Pharmacist and Nurses gave the doctor wrong information about such patient will the work of such doctors be successful? [/b]We are working as a team, a tree doesnt make forest,
shocked OhmyGod!!!
Where did you get this from?
Have you ever been to a hospital in Nigeria?
Please stop misleading people...
In Nigeria, when you go to the hospital and pay a consultation fee, you see a doctor (GP) who takes a history from you and examines you. The nurse may or may not take your vital signs (bp, weight, temp) but these will be rechecked by the doctor during the examination.
For emergency cases, the doctor still does the same with the emergency nurse taking vitals and carrying out the resuscitation order.
I'm not claiming any doctor superiority here, I'm simply stating how the roles are played at least in our hospitals.

3 Likes

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by danilmo: 4:15pm On May 22, 2018
Yonce:

But why are you guys always always bringing up doctors' salary scale to compare

They keep saying a starting doctor earns so much than a nurse who's been in the system for years.
You cannot compare a starting doctor to a nurse who has worked for 10years. . . .he still knows more about treatment than the nurse and at the same time knows less than a fellow doctor who's be practicing for 10 years.

A young doctor shouldn't be compared to an old nurse. There's no basis for comparing their duties hence salary scale shouldn't be compared.
o ?

walahi this issue of young doctor and old nurse is arching and look stupid to me,

will auxi nurse amarabae allow a 30yrs experienced nurse perform CS for her or rather a 4 yrs experienced doctor
I think they wana make experience supercede knowledge here.
then to them, a 50yrs matron should be knowledge than 10yrs doctor, talking as if experience automatically diffuse knowledge..
for Goodness, the secret and theory of human still get filled up in a doctors brain..

nawa o..

hope johesu are not mistaken the word of
experience is the best teacher with valid knowledge here..
I feel experience only make the old nurse good to go practically in practice..she won't take time to take blood pressure ,
take BMI and dress wound,
that doesn't install medical knowledge and theories into her damn brain

why compare her with a young doctor who carried all the stuff in his head..

if atall, compensation is deemed fit for humanity sake, them it should be outlined specifically.. no hate.
we pay for service delivery biko,

that old nurse will still call on the young graduate Doctor if her relative convulse na. . grin

4 Likes

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 22, 2018
Nigerian docs wanna earn millions with mere MBBS. In the states and other advanced nations you start earning high when you obtain fellowship.

1 Like

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 22, 2018
kolmart:
Permit me to make a simply analysis on this topic. I know some ignorant people will continue to say the doctors are the supreme in the hospital setting yes they may quite right and wrong but for example for those people who are used to hospital setting very well, when a patient went to hospital to seek for medical care, such patients didnt go to see doctors direct, first and foremost such patients needs to be clerk by Medical Information officer who will clerk him/her issue such patient an hospital card from their such patients will be headed to the hospital account clerk for payment after payment the nurses begin to see to his/her vital sign then from their to see the doctors if such patient is having language barrier such doctor needs the help of interpreter after consultation such patient if necessary will be referred to laboratory scientists for lab test after result such patient will be back to see the doctor after reading the result of the laboratory the doctors will prescribe a drug and the patient will take it to pharmacist to get the drugs. Now let me ask us a question, if laboratory scientists, Pharmacist and Nurses gave the doctor wrong information about such patient will the work of such doctors be successful? We are working as a team, a tree doesnt make forest, without JOHESU no Doctors and without Doctors no JOHESU we are very reliable on every individual field but some ignorant people will be calling for privatisation of Hospitals, if i may ask if such government hospital is privatised how many of them or their family can have the money to attend to such hospital? lets use brain to comment not head, a big head doesnt determine a sharp brain please be wise
Senseless strike actions bothering on petty jealousy and rivalry has killed so many Nigerians till date. Privatization is the only foreseeable solution. Whoever is afraid of it is Fraud!
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Solababa91(m): 4:19pm On May 22, 2018
DABMarkNig2019:

You know the truth within yourself so there's no point proving anything. we're all humans with conscience but I'm shocked that no member of the NMA dear speak the sacred truth to the body. Was that part of human taken away from you in medical school?
Talking about call allowance, why shouldn't other professionals be paid call allowances or is it not work they're doing? Call allowances can be likened to earned allowances in the university...do you know of anyone within the academic circle who is not paid the money?
To put the record straight, the bone of contention in our health system isn't just about remuneration...it's a little part of it. What health workers are fighting against is injustice and dominance of a set of people who think they own the hospital and our health system. Over the past 3 decades these men has been at leadership position in our health system and the result is what we have today; ranking very low on the global scene in everything concerning health care. This goes further to show that they are not good health managers and should not be allowed to continue if we must get it right. No body should reinforce failure as OBJ will say.
Also, the NMA over the years has turned itself into the regulatory body of other health practioners. A situation where the NMA try to detect to the pharmacist council on how pharmacist should be trained cannot be allowed to stand. Telling the NUC not to approve the D. Pharm degree and qualifications gotten from the west Africa school postgraduate school of pharmacist is nothing but sheer stupidity. Medling in the career progression of other people by the NMA is also fraudulent. Health care is evolving and changing every day and we have no option but to evolve with it. Only a fool get stagnated forever and the NMA shouldn't be one.

Thumbs up bro for hitting the nail on it's head. NMA wants it's members to continue to be trained and increase in skills and knowledge while other professionals just remain stagnant and continue getting promotion at work, and this is to the detriment of the health care services in general because treatment of patients in hospitals is not done solely by Medical Doctors, a patient condition dictates who and who treats and who will be the head of a team. They should just wake up, it's 12:00 am in other countries already.
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Gr8amechi: 4:23pm On May 22, 2018
xreal:

Just read your comment again, does it sound right?

Is Radiology a specialty in medicine like Opthalmology, O&G, paediatrics and so on?
If so, pharmacy should then be a specialty in medicine.

Back to your comment, if Radiologist and Radiographers are of different Unions, then something is wrong.

Supposed workers if same profession in different union.

Let me stop here.

Get your facts.
Lol see that's the problem most people are having, medicine is encompassing and it takes an open mind to understand how medicine works first before talking about this JOHESU issues.
Now on the now this is who a radiography is
the process of making radiographs, and the science of analyzing them.
While radiology is medicine) The use of radioactive substances in diagnosis and treatment.
(medicine) The use of radiation (including ionizing radiation, especially X-rays) in diagnosis, usually through the formation of images.
Now this is what JOHESU will not tell you, a radiography is one whose duty is to take the radiograph, while a radiologist is a medical doctor who interprets the radiograph and also does other things like interventionals radiology etc
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by larrrymore(m): 4:23pm On May 22, 2018
careerwoman:

Please stop spreading false facts. Entry level for doctors is CONMESS step 1 and is currently 184,074
that is for house officer nah.....entry level for employ doc post nysc is conmess 3.....abi when d internship and house job turn job
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Angelfrost(m): 4:25pm On May 22, 2018
docadams:

Angelfrost

The earlier you ask your leaders to brace up for reality rather than this voyage of twisting facts and figures the better for you. Gone are the days when your group obtained favourable judgements through the backdoor or get favourable policies passed. We are fully awake now.Your lot can wail and throw sentiments around. At the end of the day, on the negotiation table facts speak.

Smh! I actually thought you had a fairly average ability to reason well, but this statement has finally underscored the fact that your level of thinking is truly pedestrian. Your Leaders??! Your Group??! Your Lot??! What facts do you write of??! And did you miss the part where I clearly pointed out that am taking the 5th on this??! Do you even know the meaning of that??! And you are even a doctor??! Something is seriously wrong with our educational system in this 3rd world country! I just can't deal.
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Gr8amechi: 4:25pm On May 22, 2018
Deniceone:
Kindly read through and see what JOHESU is asking for. Tell me its not fair! The difference is clear even in the johesu proposed salary.

PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THE OLD COMESS AND OLD CONHESS:

COMESS 3 (which is the starting point for doctors) #260,865.58
CONHESS 7 (which is the starting point for some health workers like accountant etc) #118,765.
(difference of #142,100.00) 120% difference.

CONHESS 9 (which is another starting point for health workers eg pharmacist etc) #161,670.33.
(difference 99,195.25) 61% difference.

NOW LETS STILL COMPARE THE SALARY OF A NEWLY EMPLOYED DOCTOR ABOVE WITH A HEALTH WORKERS THAT HAVE SPENT 6 TO 9 YEARS IN SERVICE WHICH IS CONHESS 11.

CONHESS 11:#223,345.58 (difference of #37,520.00) 17% difference.

ABOVE IS FOR OLD CONMESS AND OLD CONHESS....

TAKE A LOOK AT THE NEW CONMESS AND PROPOSED CONHESS BY JOHESU, PLS SIR I WILL STILL WANT YOU TO COMPARE THIS NEW CONMESS WITH THE OLD CONHESS THAT JOHESU IS PRESENTLY RECEIVING NOW....

NEW CONMESS 3 :# 312,944.83.

PROPOSED CONHESS 7: #165,541.08
(difference of #147,403.75)
89%difference.

PROPOSED CONHESS 9: #190,227.25 (difference of #122,717.58)
65% difference.

PROPOSED CONHESS 11:
#255,184.83.
(difference of #57,760.00)
23% difference.

I WANT TO ALSO WRITE THAT OF THE ZENITH OF BOTH PROFESSION :

OLD CONMESS 7: #704,209.08
OLD CONHESS 15: #476,855.00
(DIFFERENCE #227,354.08)
48% DIFFERENCE.

NEW CONMESS 7:
#999,698.50
PROPOSED CONHESS 15:
#697,024,42.
(difference of #302,674.08)
43% Difference

now did NMA see the parity they have been singing with

I TOOK OUT MY PRECIOUS TIME TO HIGHLIGHT THIS FIGURES OUT because WHEN I AM TALKING I LIKE WORKING WITH FACT because THE TRUTH CAN'T BE HIDDEN.
#copied
Please can you produce a link to the JOHESU demands stating these are just their demands
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 22, 2018
OgaInnocent:

The hospital belongs to the patients. True. The doctor is the best person to head the hospital because he know the situation of the patient more than any health worker. He makes diagnosis, he prescribes the drug. The patient cannot receive any drug without the approval of the doctor. Hence the doctor should head the hospital.
listen you people should learn to differentiate the clinical or medical head from administrative head and who tells you it's only medical care that gets a patient well? There's a model for patient care and I'm worried that the NMA who claim to be all knowing doesn't know what this model is. We all attend to the patient from different points of care to get him okay.
The NMA should become more innovative and entrepreneurial not tyrannical.
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Angelfrost(m): 4:32pm On May 22, 2018
sadoz:
Senseless strike actions bothering on petty jealousy and rivalry has killed so many Nigerians till date. Privatization is the only foreseeable solution. Whoever is afraid of it is Fraud!

Calm down with the privatization gist sir. What country in the globe doesn't have government-funded hospitals that are well run??! Y'all should stop being mentally lazy. There are standard and international practices that make the system suitable and conducive for all health workers regardless of status or qualification.
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by xreal: 4:33pm On May 22, 2018
Gr8amechi:

Lol see that's the problem most people are having, medicine is encompassing and it takes an open mind to understand how medicine works first before talking about this JOHESU issues.
Now on the now this is who a radiography is
the process of making radiographs, and the science of analyzing them.
While radiology is medicine) The use of radioactive substances in diagnosis and treatment.
(medicine) The use of radiation (including ionizing radiation, especially X-rays) in diagnosis, usually through the formation of images.
Now this is what JOHESU will not tell you, a radiography is one whose duty is to take the radiograph, while a radiologist is a medical doctor who interprets the radiograph and also does other things like interventionals radiology etc

OK.

Thank you.
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by aniweta12(m): 4:34pm On May 22, 2018
tsquaure:
Dont worry Johesu . Many more docs will leave the shores of this country . I just pity the ordinary nigerians who will be left to d caprices of nurses and pharmacists.
It is only in my country nurses n pharmacists claim to know what d doctors does except for surgery. Una go dey alrighr las las
That is how one nurse almost killed during nysc because she claimed to know more that d nysc doctor . I spent more days in the hospital flushing out d drug she administered as i had a bad reaction to it .
What of doctors that forget operating instruments inside the body of their patients. Most of the time the wrong prescription by the doctor is found out by the pharmacist on point of dispensing. Federal Government should send delegates to the advanced countries and found out how hospitals are being run and introduce same in our hospitals. After are all, it is America's system of government that we are practicing.
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 22, 2018
olalekanadewum:
NMA is not a registered union they are profession body like ICAN or ANAN while JOHESU is a registered trade union under Nigerian law. It is because Nigeria law is not effective that is why an illegal NMA will be dictating to FG because they produce the minister of state for health, minister of health, minister of labour and the HODs in the ministry of health.
The JOHESU went to court on the same issue and they won but they refuse to implement the judgment because the doctors are the one there
JOHESU is even not a registered not to talk of being a registered trade union. You are free to provide evidence to the contrary.
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Gr8amechi: 4:36pm On May 22, 2018
symbianDON:
very simple. let the federal government establish a new single salary structure for everyone across all sectors. peculiar allowances should then be attached to each profession/job type. in this way there wouldn't be outrageous salary differences across professions. again, specifically for the JOHESU/NMA thing, doctors shouldn't always be the ones heading medical facilities. other medical professionals ought to be allowed the opportunity too. I find it kind of interesting when I hear arguments like, 'it takes a lot to become a doctor therefore doctors MUST always be at the head of medical affairs'.......while I acknowledge that it's tasking getting a medical certificate, it must be acknowledged that studying other courses can equally be as tasking!....plus not everyone can be a doctor simply because the doctor needs the expertise of other professionals for him to be able to practise effectively and efficiently. the truth remains that the medical doctor CAN'T claim to know more than the pharmacist in the area of pharmaceutical sciences neither can he claim to know more than the laboratory scientist in the area of medical laboratory science nor the nurse in the area of nursing. acknowledging all these, then, everyone must work hand in hand as a team while respecting each other's professions rather than seeing the other person as a threat and/or as arrogant or unimportant.
Do you know their is a branch of medicine that is called clinical pharmacology??
Are you also aware there is a branch of medicine called laboratory medicine which include the three branches of pathology??
Now I agree with you that a doctor can't know it all but the public needs to know that you can have 20 doctors in a hospital and each of them specializes in 20 different fields, so when you hear that a doctor is heading the laboratory try and ask which doctor is that, definitely a surgeon or a physician can't head a laboratory, a microbiology lab is headed by a clinical or consultant medical microbiologist, this person first studied medicine for 6 years then did another 6 years of postgraduate studies on medical microbiology, so ask yourself is it wrong if such a person heads the microbiology lab
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by docadams: 4:37pm On May 22, 2018
Angelfrost:

Smh! I actually thought you had a fairly average ability to reason well, but this statement has finally underscored the fact that your level of thinking is truly pedestrian. Your Leaders??! Your Group??! Your Lot??! What facts do you write of??! And did you miss the part where I clearly pointed out that am taking the 5th on this??! Do you even know the meaning of that??! And you are even a doctor??! Something is seriously wrong with our educational system in this 3rd world country! I just can't deal.

I don't bother with what you think or propagate. You may twist words anyway you wish, nothing gets approved except it satisfies laid down criteria. I doubt if you know what guide emoluments of health workers. You will rather believe in the falsehood your leaders deploy to hold you in bondage

1 Like

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 22, 2018
Angelfrost:

Calm down with the privatization gist sir. What country in the globe doesn't have government-funded hospitals that are well run??! Y'all should stop being mentally lazy. There are standard and international practices that make the system suitable and conducive for all health workers regardless of status or qualification.
This senseless strikes will not end until Nigerian hospitals are privatized and modernized. Outsource bulk of laboratory and pharmacy services etc. Govt should fund universal health coverage via health insurance with the support of private sectors. All these unions only care about their pocket. They have no shred of concern for the patient. Anyone afraid of privatization is a Fraud
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 22, 2018
Angelfrost:

And if you are part of this union, you all should stop being morally and ethically bankrupt.
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by symbianDON(m): 4:43pm On May 22, 2018
Gr8amechi:

Do you know their is a branch of medicine that is called clinical pharmacology??
Are you also aware there is a branch of medicine called laboratory medicine which include the three branches of pathology??
Now I agree with you that a doctor can't know it all but the public needs to know that you can have 20 doctors in a hospital and each of them specializes in 20 different fields, so when you hear that a doctor is heading the laboratory try and ask which doctor is that, definitely a surgeon or a physician can't head a laboratory, a microbiology lab is headed by a clinical or consultant medical microbiologist, this person first studied medicine for 6 years then did another 6 years of postgraduate studies on medical microbiology, so ask yourself is it wrong if such a person heads the microbiology lab
while i agree with your submission, i must stress that what i wrote earlier was that doctors MUST NOT always head medical facilities and other should also be given the opportunity. remember that other professionals can equally get higher academic qualifications too.
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Amarabae(f): 4:45pm On May 22, 2018
danilmo:

o ?

walahi this issue of young doctor and old nurse is arching and look stupid to me,

will nurse amarabae allow a 30yrs experienced nurse perform CS for her or rather a 4 yrs experienced doctor
I think they wana make experience supercede knowledge here.
then to them, a 50yrs matron should be knowledge than 10yrs doctor, talking as if experience automatically diffuse knowledge..
for Goodness, the secret and theory of human still get filled up in a doctors brain..

nawa o..

hope johesu are not mistaken the word of
experience is the best teacher with valid knowledge here..
I feel experience only make the old nurse good to go practically in practice..she won't take time to take blood pressure ,
take BMI and dress wound,
that doesn't install medical knowledge and theories into her damn brain

why compare her with a young doctor who carried all the stuff in his head..

if atall, compensation is deemed fit for humanity sake, them it should be outlined specifically.. no hate.
we pay for service delivery biko,

that old nurse will still call on the young graduate Doctor if her relative convulse na. . grin
Nursing is a different field from medicine,
When I or any nurse say that we know things in medicine except surgery does not mean that we know more than doctors but rather we are not novice in medical issues.
Knowledge comes not only by degree but by working experience too and by advancing in post graduate studies.
The problem is that you understand things literally and not logically.
What will make a graduate nurse or even a sound school of nursing nurse not to be able to treat her relative who is convulsing?
So if a child is convulsing and rushed to the a primary health care center where there are scarcity of doctors, the nurse on duty can't do anything?
What exactly do you think Nursing Science is?
I can see that you are dowing down the route of arrogance,
Are you aware that there are fellow colleagues who are in private practice managing patients?
Or you just want to comment.
The Lord resist the proud and uplift the humble,
Learn humbleness today.
Next time you want to quote me, please package your comment in a matured non insulting way,
Then I will reply.
Or don't bother mentioning.
Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Solababa91(m): 4:49pm On May 22, 2018
Freddonance:
There are things that should be clarified..
1. No matter how big a complex or a building is, if a doctor is not working there, that place can't ansa HOSPITAL.

2. Laboratory medicine, belongs to the doctor. Doctors who specialized in Lab Medicine are called PATHOLOGISTS. You don't expect a lab scientists to head a pathologist is his own lab. if u do then it's like allowing a stranger who doesn't know the tradition of ur people to lead u... That's an anomaly....

3.The doctor can not head the pharmacy store cos there are people who should head it & they are called PHARMACISTS.
4. In the same vain, an OPTOMETRIST can't head an opthalmologist, if it happens, it is anomalous.

5. A radiologist can't be headed by a radiographer.

All those services are provided in the hospital & the hospital is the home of a doctor. He has got no where to go than stay at home.

I see it strange when people clamor to come to a doctor's home to head him except he so permit but I do not thing he will allow that happen now, maybe later.

These things appear to be birthright by virtue of the training of a doctor.

All these people came & met this hierarchical pattern but want to turn things around because they feel they are populated & doctors are few.... If u know u do not want a doctor to head u in the lab , pls do not study any related course in the university.

PLS IF U THINK U CAN RUN A HOSPITAL WITHOUT A DOCTOR'S CERTIFICATE pls indicate let's reason

Please go check the meaning of hospital and run back here to edit what you posted up there. Hospital is meant for a patient, not for any Personnel. I do not know where you got your earlier assertion from. Just the way an Hospital cannot stand without a Medical Doctor is the same way it can't be a standard hospital without a Pharmacist (who will formulate, dispense or cross check or give prescriptions, or without a Physiotherapists (who diagnose, treats and rehabilitate patients as the case may be or a Med Lab Scientists that gives a Doctor a clearer picture of a differential diagnosis or a Nurse... etc. It is only that Nigeria health sector do not have boundaries in each job jurisdiction or clear cut description (or better still the laws are not bounding) if not a Doctor would not believe he can perform all the roles in the hospital and all other team members are irrelevant and should not be well remunerated. In saner climes, a doctor performing the role of a Nurse or vice versa would be jailed and same to all other professions too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 22, 2018
larrrymore:

don't mind those yeye doc....there eyes will soon clear
Can't you guys make your points without insults. Yet you want me to believe you want to be taken seriously.

1 Like

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by careerwoman(f): 4:51pm On May 22, 2018
larrrymore:

that is for house officer nah.....entry level for employ doc post nysc is conmess 3.....abi when d internship and house job turn job

Yes it is, it's a paid job as well as a training.. the person I quoted used the entry level of intern pharmacists to compare the entry level of doctors which is the housemanship.. An intern pharmacist earns about 140-150k on an average..
The figures he posted were absolutely wrong..

1 Like

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 22, 2018
Angelfrost:

Guy, abeg don't waste words on these poorly bred individuals. They should continue bequeathing godhood upon themselves, and dragging the national healthcare system backwards. This mindset started while in school where they see themselves as superior to every other student on campus... Thank God I am quite abreast of healthcare delivery, and professional boundaries in other countries.
Make your points without insults. Exude some class please. It LL be hard to take JOHESU seriously if you are always emotional.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! / Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry / Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.