Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,714 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel (23074 Views)

Tordue Salem: Omo-Agege Tells Security Agencies To Unmask The Real Killers / Oby Ezekwesili Hates Buhari, God Won’t Answer Her Prayers: Femi Adesina / Expand Your Scope Of Influence, Omo-agege Tells Delta APC Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel by obailala(m): 8:08pm On May 22, 2018
Pepsi101:
I hope these dimwits hailing this senator because they hate Saraki,will not complain when the military comes with a coup, because stealing the mace in a democratic dispensation and getting away with it only portends danger to our democracy.

P.S So many people died for this our democracy, perhaps their relatives never contributed to get this democracy.
The democracy started being killed the day a senate president dictatorially chose to suspend a senator representing his people for 180 days for no other reason than that the said senator expressed his freedom to disagree with the wishes of the senate president.

This Omo-Agege issue is just a case of one rascal rascally opposing another rascal.

5 Likes

Re: Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel by GavelSlam: 8:09pm On May 22, 2018
Pepsi101:

Coup happens at the centre.

Read your books, Bro

So desecration of state assemblies are ok but becomes an affront on democracy when done at the Federal?

You must be very slow.

8 Likes

Re: Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel by la1(m): 8:09pm On May 22, 2018
Pojomojo:
Just maybe, anyone here is applying for any post at NJOY HOTEL AND SUITES, 6 GAFARI BALOGUN, OPEBI, IKEJA, owned by one EVANS.

That place is a modern day slavery. You have no job security, you get fired at will.

No JOB DESCRIPTION, as a waiter, you can be called to sweep the compound, open gates for cars and all sort of thrash.
The owner is the manager, director, chairman (a complete one man business).
Worst part his living apartment (with wife and kids) is inside the compound housing the hotel.

There is a proper time and place for everything... your post is extremely disingenuous, if you have evidence of workers rights abuse, or labour malpractice , petiton the NLC,. if there's evidence of a crime,. contact the police..coming here to discredit your employer is wrong.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel by Daboomb: 8:09pm On May 22, 2018
Pepsi101:
I hope these dimwits hailing this senator because they hate Saraki,will not complain when the military comes with a coup because stealing the mace in a democratic dispensation and getting away with it only portends danger to our democracy.

P.S So many people died for this our democracy, perhaps their relatives never contributed to get this democracy.

Are you actually assuming that it was Omo-Agege who stole the Mace of organised its stealing?
Do oyu have any PROOF of this?
Or are you saying this just because you are 'fan' of Saraki?

Thing is, Omo-Agege is a smart Lawyer!
I dont have proof that he organised or stole the Mace so l will give him the benefit of doubt until he is proven guilty by a competent law court, not some 'gang-up' Senators. (and then he should be jailed).

Some of these Senators, including this Panel Chairman, are so daft they just cant educate themselves on what "The Law" says!
Once a matter is in court, discussing or investigating it is 'subjudice'.... a criminal offense in itself. It does not matter whether you like it or not.

Again, instead of Saraki to setup a panel to investigate the snatching of the Mace, immediately it happened, he went about accusing Omo-Agege for the theft and suspended him immediately, even without any investigation and evidence....... but now that the court has asked that he be re-instated in the Senate, Saraki and his Goons are just waking up to setup an investigativ ePanel!
And they want the same person 'they have already convicted' on heresay, to corporate with them? shocked shocked

These Senators want to make laws (Legislative arm) and they want to 'interprete' the same Laws as well (Judicial Arm) and even arrest and jail any one they pronounce guilty (Executive Arm)...... forgetting that this is a democracy operating under the dictum of 'Separation of Powers'!
But what do we expect, in a NASS filled with Criminals, Certificate forgers, Serial Looters, Murderers and plane idiots?

Any sensible person will do exactly the same thing Omo-Agege is doing.
It takes two to tango.
if you want to catch a thief, then you must be ready to act like a thief. undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel by UnknownT: 8:13pm On May 22, 2018
freemeicid:
[size=14pt]16 signs you may have HIV without knowing – if you notice #6, #12 or #14, please visit your doctor[/size]

About 36.7 million people worldwide are currently living with HIV, and 1.8 million of those infected are children who contracted the disease from their mothers according to AIDS.gov. A shocking one in eight people who have AIDS do not even know they have it yet – are you one of them? While there is no cure for HIV AIDS, if detected early on, antiretroviral treatments, or ART, can keep the disease at bay and allow carriers to lead a fairly normal life. The only way to know for sure whether you have contracted HIV is to be tested for it

These are some of the signs that may indicate you are HIV-positive.

READ MORE 16 Signs You May Have HIV
The 3 persons in the picture, are they HIV positive?

3 Likes

Re: Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel by AdiDami: 8:14pm On May 22, 2018
It may seem sweet now and many would be urging the said Omo-Agege on. Just remember that it's not about individuals but the institution!
The very fabric of our democracy is what a few are busy "destroying" we only look at the small picture BUT if you see the bigger picture you will realise that the country is being set up for collapse.
I was around when Buhari first ruled Nigeria before and I can categorically tell you that we are already charting the same path.
God and only God can help Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 22, 2018
GavelSlam:

So desecration of state assemblies are ok but becomes an affront on democracy when done at the Federal?

You must be very slow.
Already throwing insults because you lack points to argue with.

The senator can go ahead and rubbish the legislature,I hope when the military comes,you don't protest to bring back the democracy.
Re: Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel by dignity33: 8:16pm On May 22, 2018
All I see here are stupid post following the footstep of those BMC above, a senator stole the symbol of Authority , and symbol of democracy of the whole country and people are here commending him Nigeria is a shame.

1 Like

Re: Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel by GavelSlam: 8:19pm On May 22, 2018
Pepsi101:

Already throwing insults because you lack points to argue with.

The senator can go ahead and rubbish the legislature,I hope when the military comes,you don't protest to bring back the democracy.

Against your innate wishes, there shall be no military coup. This is 2018 not 1963.

A trained lawyer has applied the law, the very foundation upon which the entire democracy rests to defend himself.

You have a problem with that?

3 Likes

Re: Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 22, 2018
Daboomb:

Are you actually assuming that it was Omo-Agege who stole the Mace of organised its stealing?
Do oyu have any PROOF of this?
Or are you saying this just because you are 'fan' of Saraki?

Thing is, Omo-Agege is a smart Lawyer!
I dont have proof that he organised or stole the Mace so l will give him the benefit of doubt until he is proven guilty by a competent law court, not some 'gang-up' Senators. (and then he should be jailed).

Some of these Senators, including this Panel Chairman, are so daft they just cant educate themselves on what "The Law" says!
Once a matter is in court, discussing or investigating it is 'subjudice'.... a criminal offense in itself. It does not matter whether you like it or not.

Again, instead of Saraki to setup a panel to investigate the snatching of the Mace, immediately it happened, he went about accusing Omo-Agege for the theft and suspended him immediately, even without any investigation and evidence....... but now that the court has asked that he be re-instated in the Senate, Saraki and his Goons are just waking up to setup an investigativ ePanel!
And they want the same person 'they have already convicted' on heresay, to corporate with them? shocked shocked

These Senators want to make laws (Legislative arm) and they want to 'interprete' the same Laws as well (Judicial Arm) and even arrest and jail any one they pronounce guilty (Executive Arm)...... forgetting that this is a democracy operating under the dictum of 'Separation of Powers'!
But what do we expect, in a NASS filled with Criminals, Certificate forgers, Serial Looters, Murderers and plane idiots?

Any sensible person will do exactly the same thing Omo-Agege is doing.
It takes two to tango.
if you want to catch a thief, then you must be ready to act like a thief. undecided
How did the invaders gain entrance?

Whose car brought them inside the complex?
Re: Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel by ZombiePUNISHER: 8:21pm On May 22, 2018
freemeicid:
[size=14pt]16 signs you may have HIV without knowing – if you notice #6, #12 or #14, please visit your doctor[/size]

About 36.7 million people worldwide are currently living with HIV, and 1.8 million of those infected are children who contracted the disease from their mothers according to AIDS.gov. A shocking one in eight people who have AIDS do not even know they have it yet – are you one of them? While there is no cure for HIV AIDS, if detected early on, antiretroviral treatments, or ART, can keep the disease at bay and allow carriers to lead a fairly normal life. The only way to know for sure whether you have contracted HIV is to be tested for it

These are some of the signs that may indicate you are HIV-positive.

READ MORE 16 Signs You May Have HIV

You have it bah
Re: Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel by Wantedmiller: 8:21pm On May 22, 2018
johnmartus:
From all indication the man seems intelligent and courageous he understand Nigeria constitution. Meanwhile the stupid committee trying to use his word against him the court .

over sense dey worry you....

you made sense joor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel by shekauvsbuhari: 8:28pm On May 22, 2018
yarimo:
OMO AGEGE may God continue to bless you sir, nigerians are absolutely behind you. SARAKI and his rogues gang of senators must be stop
mumu. So omoagege is no longer among de rogues bcs he is doing buhari's dirty job. Does he not follow them to collect 13.5m naira per month for expenses. U are behind him, not nigerians.
Re: Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel by ayodiya: 8:29pm On May 22, 2018
Paperwhite:
What an audacity,absurdity & brazen display of rascality.Recalled the senator & his thugs accessed the NASS on that day of infamy via the presidential entrance.

This is still affirming that the Buhari-led APC regime have formally institute a culture where anyone can desecrate our sovereignty with impunity.After the president himself have been administering Nigeria with utter disregard for the rule of law & Nigerian constitution.

Remember the Rotimi Amaechi statement of "APC will form a parallel government if 2015 elections were rigged"?
B shouting there u go still enter market.
What is the sense in what u just typed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel by Jfyzee: 8:29pm On May 22, 2018
This is a case of when cunning man meet wayo man then na brain go suffer.. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel by zuma4k(m): 8:37pm On May 22, 2018
I thought the actual assailants were allegedly Apprehended by the Police, how come we're yet to get any feedback from the police. Goes a long way to show that the powers that be were part of the conspiracy to invade the Senate. That's Nigeria for you where anything goes and the matter has been swept under the carpet as usual.
Re: Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel by CSTR1003: 8:39pm On May 22, 2018
He has presidential backing.
No wonder the corruption fight has no credibility.
Re: Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel by abokikhalifa: 8:46pm On May 22, 2018
clefstone:
Babajide Kolade Otitoju AKA Tinubu boy, God will not forgive u for selling Buhari to Nigerians

Why don't you let God decide on that? Who the F are you
Re: Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel by afos002: 8:46pm On May 22, 2018
Ecstasy154:
The embattled lawmaker, Ovie Omo-Agege, on Tuesday told an investigative panel he would not comment on the subject he was invited for.

The panel was set up by the Senate and the House of Representatives to investigate the Senate invasion and mace theft last month.

The committee invited Mr Omo-Agege to give a brief on his role in the saga after he was accused of leading the hoodlums.

Mr Omo-Agege was alleged to have led the hoodlums to the Senate chamber. The thugs carted away the mace, the Senate’s symbol of authority. The mace was later found by the police.

Mr Omo-Agege told the committee that he has filed a court order restraining the public hearing and that speaking about his role will only amount to a subjudice.

The chairman of the committee, Bala Ibn Na’Allah, challenged him on the court order he was referring to.

Mr Omo-Agege in response said he has instituted a court process in which Mr Na’Allah and others are party to.

A copy of the court paper cited by PREMIUM TIMES had the Senate, the Senate President, Mr Na’Allah and other members of the ad-hoc committee, the clerk of the Senate, the Attorney-General of the Federation, the Inspector-General of Police, and the State Security Service as parties.

The proceedings with the suit number FHC/ABJ/CS/531/ 2018 was filed on May 21.

Mr Na’Allah said he was not served any court paper, hence the hearing can proceed. Other lawmakers on the panel queried Mr Omo-Agege on the authority he is relying on for making such move.

Mr Na’Allah specifically wanted Mr Omo-Agege to say if it is right for a lawmaker to institute court proceedings just to stall Senate probe.

“Does that mean that if someone is not happy with the budget, he can go to court,” he questioned.

“The issue is none of us here who has been allegedly put on that court order had been served,” he added.

Again, Mr Omo-Agege replied that he would not answer the question posed to him because of the court process. He said he is relying on Order 3(5) of the Senate standing order for his decision.

The order restricts the Senate from probing a case that is already in court.

Mr Na’Allah in response said he holds the authority to decide whether the matter will amount to subjudice or not.

“This is not a proper authority to rely on,” he said. “You are taking my role as chairman. I have the right to decide whether an issue will be subjudice.”

The co-chairman of the committee and member of the House of Representatives, Betty Apiafi, insisted Mr Omo-Agege must give his account.

Quoting section 62 the Nigerian constitution, she said the senator’s court proceeding does not stop him from speaking before the committee.

“The constitution does not give legal rights to stop our processes,” she said.

Ruling, Mr Na’Allah said there is ‘nothing legally stopping’ the committee from proceeding. He, however, said Mr Omo-Agege will be allowed to choose whether he would speak or not.

Mr Omo-Agege said he would not speak until the matter is settled in court.

He read the title and parties to the case to put his action “on record.”

He said further, “I want to state one more time that in respect to the summons, I appeared today. But I have decided because I have a pending action in court, which action was commenced yesterday…

“All of the parties I named have been duly served and I have a proof of Service.

“As a consequence of this, I have decided that i will wait until the outcome of this before I give any testimony.”

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/269320-just-in-mace-theft-i-wont-answer-your-questions-omo-agege-tells-investigative-panel.html/
Re: Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel by Donaro(m): 8:52pm On May 22, 2018
Lol this country don turn another thing ooo

#Gidi_Outfits* ���

*Gidi_outfits* deals with several designs that come at affordable prices �
Below are the list of services we provide
� � �
¤ *Logo Designs*
¤ *Customisation on materials such as clothes�, bags�, caps�, etc*
¤ *Business card*�
¤ *Cartoon pics�*
¤ *Customize your iPhone pouch*�

Check my profile for more details

Re: Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel by bionixs: 8:56pm On May 22, 2018
Pepsi101:
I hope these dimwits hailing this senator because they hate Saraki,will not complain when the military comes with a coup, because stealing the mace in a democratic dispensation and getting away with it only portends danger to our democracy.

don't mind the senseless comments.
Re: Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel by alenwup(m): 9:04pm On May 22, 2018
This is not funny at all. You commit a crime, you go to court, pay them and order is giving to cover you for eternity. Who's hand is clean - executive, judiciary or LEGISLOOTERS? What a hopeless land do we dwell!
Re: Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel by clefstone(m): 9:04pm On May 22, 2018
abokikhalifa:

Why don't you let God decide on that? Who the F are you
are u Babajide?
Re: Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel by Mikeross62: 9:06pm On May 22, 2018
Sure man
Re: Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel by Hakeemalao: 9:07pm On May 22, 2018
if u like talk if u like dnt talk ofo tie niyen adanwo tie niyen ko kan awa.
Re: Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel by ofuonyebi: 9:11pm On May 22, 2018
don't mind these useless senathieves...why did they NOT prove the 2016..budget pADDING...up till now, Nigerians are still waiting...idiots jobless pple and pretenders!

1 Like

Re: Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel by SirBunky85(m): 9:13pm On May 22, 2018
clefstone:
Babajide Kolade Otitoju AKA Tinubu boy, God will not forgive u for selling Buhari to Nigerians
wetin babajide do u?dat guy has always bn objective in his discussions.its only when he unnecessarily attacks tinubu dat u would be happy abi?
Re: Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel by SirBunky85(m): 9:16pm On May 22, 2018
Pojomojo:
Just maybe, anyone here is applying for any post at NJOY HOTEL AND SUITES, 6 GAFARI BALOGUN, OPEBI, IKEJA, owned by one EVANS.

That place is a modern day slavery. You have no job security, you get fired at will.

No JOB DESCRIPTION, as a waiter, you can be called to sweep the compound, open gates for cars and all sort of thrash.
Worst part his living apartment (with wife and kids) is inside the compound housing the hotel.
e be like say dem be turn u to slave for the hotel?
Re: Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel by demoBaba: 9:21pm On May 22, 2018
Pojomojo:

Pls, he didn't beg you to work for him, if you're not satisfied with the hotel management rules drop the job.
Lobatan.

2 Likes

Re: Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel by Orlatunday11(m): 9:25pm On May 22, 2018
And some political fool like his attitude against law of the land

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ayo Adebanjo: Buhari Wants To Provoke Nigerians To Go To War / Buhari’s People Are Not Making Things Easier For His Successor, Nigerians - Sani / Govs Planned To Withhold Salaries, Sack Workers If They Didn’t Win Election: EU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.