Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,442 members, 7,826,701 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Smartest ways to end a wrong relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Smartest ways to end a wrong relationship (580 Views)

Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? / The Funniest & Smartest Ways Boys Woo Girls / How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Smartest ways to end a wrong relationship by ayopo10(m): 7:59pm On May 24, 2018
:DHelp!!! I'm in love with Mr Wrong!!!!���
Don't laugh � Many of us have been in those shoes before, some are even in it at the moment.
Just as there is a Mr Right, there is also a Mr Wrong I believe �‍♀

What makes him wrong? Deep down you know he's just wrong for you (at the moment, sometimes) except you want to rationalize.
It may be spiritual incompatibility, bad character, toxic relationship, wrong values, he may be in a relationship at the moment, lack of direction, physical abuse, unfaithfulness or other areas that may make him wrong for you �‍♀

What do you do when you love a shoe and can totally afford the shoe but it isn't just the right fit?
Hehe someone like me would say 'wear shoe pads na'.
But how about move on to the next store, get your perfect fit, even a much finer one that fits your taste and let someone else have the former?
I bet wearing a shoe that fits, is better than managing one that doesn't. �

Well then, how do you detach from this fine guy, who you literally think of every second of the day and have already thought out names of your babies for him but is not just the right person �

I will give some tips and you can add yours �

1. I want you to know that they are just feelings. Feelings are just emotions. And Love is not the same as feelings.
Yeah feelings are important in a romantic relationship but your choice of a life partner shouldn't be based solely on feelings.
Why? Feelings wear off. Feelings are temporary.
Guess what? You have a choice not to express a certain type of emotion. E.g you deserve to be angry at your spouse, but you decide against it.
Yh you had a choice over that anger emotion. Same as you have a choice over feelings. It all starts with a thought. And its your choice to either build on that thought and make it grow or arrest the thought , lock it with a padlock and throw into the sea �It won't be easy, but when you feel yourself gushing over him. Remind yourself this, 'I have a choice and I choose not to have feelings for this guy, my feelings don't have dominion over me .'
And guess what? Your heart starts believing your words and reality starts aligning itself with your thoughts �

2. Reduce your communication

What breeds affection?
Constant communication. Remember that guy you often called your 'bestie.'
What happened to your friendship? Somebody, if not both of you started having feelings and ruined the whole bestie relationship.
This will be hard, especially if he's a good friend and you absolutely need his friendship.

But these can help;
- Not involving him in every activity of your daily living.

- Being quite unavailable for him.

- Not sitting all day on the phone talking to him and expecting to fall out of love.

- Reducing your visits.

- Not responding to your impulse on wanting to check up on him all the time, don't worry God is watching over him.

- Not telling him everything, mentally filtering what you share with him.

3. Spread the love.
That love you shower on Mr. fine guy ehn, spread it to other people and other things.
Quit making him the centre of your world.
Get busy with stuffs.
It might not totally take your mind off it but it will reduce the time you spend with him.
- Make friends with both guys and girls.
- Go out with other people, spend time with your ladies, you will see how many friendships his own friendship is blocking you from enjoying.
- Be intentional about spending time with other people.
- Read books. Trust me on this one. Books take you to a different world for hours �

4. Be Comfortable with yourself.
This is basically self love.
Love yourself too much that you look forward to being alone with yourself.
Love yourself too much that you are hardly lonely and bored.
Enjoy your own presence.
Know that you are just fine on your own.
Date yourself, take yourself out, write love notes to yourself, appraise yourself.

5. Lastly, get God involved.
The things I pray about ehn, and the way God is so interested in these things, and the way he answers speedily, baffles me.
Yes, God is interested about your love life. He made you human, he expects that you would have feelings here and there.
He's also your manufacturer, He knows how best to operate and fix you ⛏ Why don't you ask Him to help you get over this guy?
He will, trust me. �

I hope I didn't bore you with this � I look forward to learning from you too.
We are all in this journey together �

Jayeoba Oluwafaanubomi.
IG: @faanubomi �

Re: Smartest ways to end a wrong relationship by ayopo10(m): 8:34pm On May 24, 2018
lalasticlala ... This can help wink

(1) (Reply)

Get A Serviced Room Self Con For Just 300k In Akoka, Yaba, Lagos!!!! / If You Know He Isn't Your Standard Dont Date Him To Leave Him Later / Biscuit Company For Sell In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.