Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

What could be your reason of not achieving great?Six disabled that achieved alot - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What could be your reason of not achieving great?Six disabled that achieved alot (791 Views)

Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? / Dwarfs, Disabled: Wedding Photos Of People That Have Proven That Love Is Real / Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What could be your reason of not achieving great?Six disabled that achieved alot by EzeDiEgo1: 9:57pm On May 24, 2018
cry cry

Good evening Nl

This evening am going to bring to you guys six disabled people that had/have gone extra mile beyond what you could think of them.

I hope this motivate and push you to go beyond your comfort zone

Nick Vujicic

Nick Vujicic was born to Dushka and Boris Vujicic in 1982 in Melbourne, Australia. Although he was an otherwise healthy baby, Nick was born without arms and legs; he had no legs, but two small feet, one of which had two toes.Initially, a Victoria state law prevented Nick from attending a mainstream school due to his physical disability in spite of a lack of mental impairment. However, Vujicic became one of the first physically disabled students integrated into a mainstream school once those laws changed. However, his lack of limbs made him a target for school bullies, and he fell into a severe depression. At age eight, he contemplated suicide and even tried to drown himself in his bathtub at age ten; his love for his parents prevented him from following through. He also stated in his music video "Something More" that God had a plan for his life and he could not bring himself to drown because of this.

Nick prayed very hard that God would give him arms and legs, and initially told God that, if his prayer remained unanswered, Nick would not praise him indefinitely. However, a key turning point in his faith came when his mother showed him a newspaper article about a man dealing with a severe disability. Vujicic realized he wasn't unique in his struggles and began to embrace his lack of limbs. After this, Nick realized his accomplishments could inspire others and became grateful for his life.

Nick gradually figured out how to live a full life without limbs, adapting many of the daily skills limbed people accomplish without thinking. Nick writes with two toes on his left foot and a special grip that slid onto his big toe. He knows how to use a computer and can type up to 45 words per minute using the "heel and toe" method. He has also learned to throw tennis balls, play drum pedals, get a glass of water, comb his hair, brush his teeth, answer the phone and shave, in addition to participating in golf, swimming, and even sky-diving.

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44 dominique
Re: What could be your reason of not achieving great?Six disabled that achieved alot by youngest85(m): 9:59pm On May 24, 2018
Because they have nothing to lose
Re: What could be your reason of not achieving great?Six disabled that achieved alot by EzeDiEgo1: 10:04pm On May 24, 2018
Bharat Kumar

Disability: Born with right hand only Bharat Kumar was born with a right hand by birth, but his physical disability never dissuade him from pursuing his dreams. Born on Dec 10, 1989, Bharat Kumar, a world champion, has made Bharat (India) proud by winning over 50 medals in para- swimming contests. Achievements: He has won two international titles, one silver at the IWAS World Junior Athletics Championships in Ireland and one gold medal and over 40 national level medals. Young Bharat has flown to countries like England, Ireland, Holland, Malaysia and China to participate in swimming contests.

Achievements: He has won two international titles, one silver at the IWAS World Junior Athletics Championships in Ireland and one gold medal and over 40 national level medals. Young Bharat has flown to countries like England, Ireland, Holland, Malaysia and China to participate in swimming contests.
Re: What could be your reason of not achieving great?Six disabled that achieved alot by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 24, 2018
Buhari

Born Muhammad buhari in katsina Nigeria
Buhari was birnw ith seevere mental retardation henxe could not attend a.main stream

Buhari couldn't cope as he could only say one word Gi , whatever you asked dbuhari he responded with the word Gi ...

Soon his father realized his son would be best served tending to the cattle .

Having only leanrred cattle language buhari couldn't only.communite in grunts and Moos

Later he was taught hausa by the district Alfa

Buhari went onto learn how to eat with a spoon and plate by the time he was 15 and then decided he would join the army

Buhari later wnrt into rule Nigeria as a military dictator but was kicked out in a.coup

Buhari never learned how to read or write or use a phone but buhari learned how to lie and oh.my.goodness lie he could do very well

Buahri today has progressed he can read at least 50 words an hour and he can use a mobile.phine and recently learned how to use a.microphone
Re: What could be your reason of not achieving great?Six disabled that achieved alot by EzeDiEgo1: 10:10pm On May 24, 2018
Sudha Chandran

Disability: Amputee The renowned Indian classical dancer and TV actress Sudha Chandran met an accident, at the age of 17, when she was travelling from Mumbai to Chennai. In the tragedy, she lost her left leg that had to be amputated. But, the brave woman did not give up her indomitable spirit and continued to fulfill her dream and profession with the help of Jaipur foot.
Achievement: A film was made on the basis of her real life story called "Nache Mayuri", where she played her character. She has been honored with numerous awards and has performed all over the world. She acts in a variety of TV serials. "I began learning how to dance when I was 3 and a half years old. I would go to school, then go for my dance training...
Re: What could be your reason of not achieving great?Six disabled that achieved alot by EzeDiEgo1: 10:14pm On May 24, 2018
Arunima Sinha

Disability: Amputee. 27-year-old Arunima Sinha lost her left leg in an unfortunate incident on April 11, 2011.

Achievement: Despite the fact that she lost a leg, she did not gave up the spirit of her life and defied all conceivable odds. Infact, Arunima decided to convert her weakness into her biggest strength and by her true determination, on May 21, 2013, she achieved the rare feat to become the first Indian amputee to conquer the Mount Everest, with the help of a prosthetic leg. Beside setting an example to the world, Arunima also made India, a proud nation when she hoisted the Indian tricolour flag at the peak of the Mount Everest. [Arunima Sinha on conquering Mount Everest] A former national level volleyball player and football player, she lost her left leg when she was thrown off a moving train by some hoodlums two years ago.
Re: What could be your reason of not achieving great?Six disabled that achieved alot by EzeDiEgo1: 10:18pm On May 24, 2018
Albert Einstein

Disability: Born on March 14, 1879 and had a learning disability and did not speak until age 3. He had a very difficult time doing maths in school. It was also very hard for him to express himself through writing. Was severely dyslexic and autistic.
Achievement: The great Albert Einstein fought his disability and entered into the world of theoretical physics where he changed the face of physics and science forever. His theory of relativity is said to be the most revolutionary theory of physics. He won a Nobel Prize for his photoelectric effect theory in 1921. He passed away on April 18, 1955.
Re: What could be your reason of not achieving great?Six disabled that achieved alot by swiz123(m): 10:19pm On May 24, 2018
This thread should serve as a motivator to northerners who take to the streets to beg at any slightest opportunity

I am not insulting anyone; I am just stating a fact
Re: What could be your reason of not achieving great?Six disabled that achieved alot by EzeDiEgo1: 10:30pm On May 24, 2018
Stephen Hawking
[img]https://boygeniusreport.files./2018/03/stephen-hawking.jpg[/img]
Disability: Suffers from rare motor neuron disease and speaks with the help of a voice synthesiser. When he was 21 years old, the doctors declared that he would not survive more than 2 or 3 years. He was born on January 8, 1942 and was diagnosed with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), also known as Lou Gehrig's disease. In 2009, he lost his control over different parts of the body including arms, legs and voice and at the end of 2009, he totally became paralysed.
Achievement: One of the most brilliant scientists alive, wheelchair-bound British theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking, attended Oxford University in England, as an undergraduate student. He received his Ph.D in 1966 from Cambridge University. By the time he was 35 years old, Hawking was Cambridge's first Gravitational Physics professor and received the Lucasian Professor of Mathematics award. [Artificial intelligence could end humanity, warns Stephen Hawking] Stephen Hawking has also published a book called A Brief History of Time: From the Big Bang to Black Holes.
Re: What could be your reason of not achieving great?Six disabled that achieved alot by EzeDiEgo1: 10:54pm On May 24, 2018
youngest85:
Because they have nothing to lose
who told you that
Re: What could be your reason of not achieving great?Six disabled that achieved alot by EzeDiEgo1: 11:16pm On May 24, 2018
swiz123:
This thread should serve as a motivator to northerners who take to the streets to beg at any slightest opportunity

I am not insulting anyone; I am just stating a fact
so only northerners da beg abi bros
Re: What could be your reason of not achieving great?Six disabled that achieved alot by EzeDiEgo1: 6:13am On May 25, 2018
Fynestboi
Re: What could be your reason of not achieving great?Six disabled that achieved alot by myindiantv: 9:50pm On Jun 03, 2018
Re: What could be your reason of not achieving great?Six disabled that achieved alot by myindiantv: 9:51pm On Jun 03, 2018
Usually I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man,Keep it up.
To watch indian tv serials online free. Clicking below
http://myindiantv.co/

(1) (Reply)

Will Smith Says He’s ‘had All The S*x That I’ve Ever Wanted’ / How Can I Find A Real Man ? / Are men dogs? -You need to see this- Relationship Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.