Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Nigerian Girls In London - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Girls In London (9516 Views)

Some Insane Things Most Girls In Lagos Do / Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? / Nigerian Girls In The U.S. Are Lonely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Girls In London by orp: 11:01pm On Mar 21, 2007
@GBEBORUN
  Income tax and N.I takes a large chunk of ones income let a lone taking up responsibility/liability. On the second issue,you can count the number of people earning more than £7 per hour with your finger tips.
Re: Nigerian Girls In London by tega78(f): 2:00am On Apr 09, 2007
wow, all this attack on we poor nigerian girls in london.

I am a nigerian girl, in london, and i am nothing like that.
Re: Nigerian Girls In London by star01(m): 2:04am On Apr 09, 2007
tega78:

even if u exhibit such act would u speak it out loud, keep teasin ur sef
Re: Nigerian Girls In London by LondonCool(m): 10:51am On Apr 09, 2007
tega78:

Would you split the restaurant bill (go Dutch as they call it) if your BF took you out for a treat ?

Would you kick him out of your house just b/c you had a little quarrel ?

Would you ask him to contribute to your house rent/mortgage ?

Would you ask him to come with Phone cards/Top Up P-A-Y-G vouchers as he is comming to your house. ?

Would you call the police for him if u discover he has overstayed in the UK?
Re: Nigerian Girls In London by tega78(f): 11:48am On Apr 09, 2007
LondonCool:

Would you split the restaurant bill (go Dutch as they call it) if your BF took you out for a treat ?

Would you kick him out of your house just b/c you had a little quarrel ?

Would you ask him to contribute to your house rent/mortgage ?

Would you ask him to come with Phone cards/Top Up P-A-Y-G vouchers as he is comming to your house. ?

Would you call the police for him if u discover he has overstayed in the UK?

There is no one way to answer this, all relationships cannot be generalised.

I think I have quite modern views on relationship, whilst still remaining traditional in many ways.

The most important thing would be to be supportive in all things, rather than following set rules.

If my man would rather pay the billl, I'd let him. I am very happy to split the bill or even treat him now and again. However, on the first date, sorry I am very much old-fashioned and still think the man should foot the bill on the first date. But no worries, i try not to drain his bank account on that first date, LOL

I wouldn't kick him out of the house if we had a quarrel, but if he cheated on me and i have tangible evidence, sorry, hun, he has got to go!

Mortgages/Rent: the natural role is for the man to be the main breadwinner. Evene if I earn more than he does, I would be happy for him to contribute in whatever way he can, a man who lets a woman keep him will feel emancipated over time, and that's not good. What i would not abide is a man who refuses to get a job (note i said refuses, not 'is unable to get a job) or he has a job, yet thinks it's okay for me to do all the hard work in the relationship. It takes two!

At the end of the day, love and relationships are all about reciporaction, yet some traditional roles persist and should be maintianed for harmony between the sexes
Re: Nigerian Girls In London by LondonCool(m): 2:05pm On Apr 09, 2007
tega78:

There is no one way to answer this, all relationships cannot be generalised.

I think I have quite modern views on relationship, whilst still remaining traditional in many ways.

The most important thing would be to be supportive in all things, rather than following set rules.

If my man would rather pay the billl, I'd let him. I am very happy to split the bill or even treat him now and again. However, on the first date, sorry I am very much old-fashioned and still think the man should foot the bill on the first date. But no worries, i try not to drain his bank account on that first date, LOL

I wouldn't kick him out of the house if we had a quarrel, but if he cheated on me and i have tangible evidence, sorry, hun, he has got to go!

Mortgages/Rent: the natural role is for the man to be the main breadwinner. Evene if I earn more than he does, I would be happy for him to contribute in whatever way he can, a man who lets a woman keep him will feel emancipated over time, and that's not good. What i would not abide is a man who refuses to get a job (note i said refuses, not 'is unable to get a job) or he has a job, yet thinks it's okay for me to do all the hard work in the relationship. It takes two!

At the end of the day, love and relationships are all about reciporaction, yet some traditional roles persist and should be maintianed for harmony between the sexes

Its nice to perceive a fresh breathe of air coming from your perspective, but your views are not typical of the London based Nigerian babe which is the subject of this post. Do all your friends think like you because the experience here in London is horrendous without being demeaning. The typical Nigerian babe presumes that the guy wants to take advantage of her so she enetrs into the r/ship with a "What's in it for me attitude". -Quite financially demanding. Whereas the Jamo babes see it as a "Whats in it for us " affair. They are quite understanding and do not make too much outrageous financial demands (except she's the single mother of your baby).
Re: Nigerian Girls In London by hotchic1(f): 4:23pm On Apr 09, 2007
gbeborun:

Nigerian girls are terrible, very materialistic and greedy. if you no get money, then no show for you. abeg make u go find jamo chic, easy to maintain and no long thing. They will service you even better!

Not all Nigerian gurls are materialistic and terrible,the company you keep determines the type of gurls you hang out with.Look for those living with their parents and hose whose parent still have time for and has a stable job.
Re: Nigerian Girls In London by busygirl(f): 5:03pm On Apr 09, 2007
@ HOT CHIC, lovely picture you have on your profile.
Re: Nigerian Girls In London by hannydarl(f): 7:26pm On Apr 10, 2007
Orp do you mean that because of tax and VAT people dont marry in london?The guy has found someone that makes him happy he has considered his pay pack and believe he or both of them can live wll financialy and he is sure she will make his home comfortable why you wan bad bele the babe?Did some niga babes deal with you? your blod too hot for here o.The girl deserves to be loved and love back no be her fault say other niga babes no dey behave well let her be
Re: Nigerian Girls In London by rayo1(m): 7:45pm On Apr 10, 2007
Hi everyone, I'm fresh in here.
My guy don't mind felie or what's his name.
Thank God U've found your heart desire, learn to tolerate her, cos. all of them are the same: London or Naija.
A good Lady is a good and a bad Lady is a bad Lady, location not-withsatandig, good luck
Re: Nigerian Girls In London by hotchic1(f): 8:54pm On May 29, 2007
busygirl:

@ HOT CHIC, lovely picture you have on your profile.

Thanks gurl.
Re: Nigerian Girls In London by aadun: 9:26pm On May 29, 2007
This thread is tooo funny!!!
Oh my, talk about the congregation of the not so clued up!!
when will people learn u cannot generalise and not look a Arrow, esp to the d guys who feel the need to be able to flog their nigerian wives, or the ones worried about them not earning 7 pounds an hour or proud to be independent, the ones that think a Jamo babe is better, not slating them but they do have a higher rate of baby mama tings and they donot even take as much nonesense as we do,hence them staying as baby mamas to usually more than one man but they are happy with it so no wahala, can't say u guys didn't entertain me lol grin
Re: Nigerian Girls In London by samsilo(m): 8:19pm On May 30, 2007
A guy came on here announcing his engagement

@poster congrats on your engagement or are you married now.

@aadun I found it funny at first the way the gist has been diverted ,but I understand. Women are impressionable creatures(generally).
In my short stay in the UK I have seen the nasty effect being in this country has on Nigerian girls especially those who come  here over 10-13yrs old.
This is not the thread to discuss what these nasty things are but some have been mentioned here.
Re: Nigerian Girls In London by aadun: 10:52pm On May 30, 2007
samsilo

The point I made is this, generalisations donot serve anyone,

It's like starting something about why "Nigerian men with no papers like to try to take advantage of British Nigerian ladies who don't want to be cheated on by the Nigerian men who feel the need to have several girls all over the United Kingdom["/b]
Would you say that is a fair evluation of Nigerian men in london
No disrespect to you or your wife , but are the "people" advicing you implying that your wife is not grown up enough to recognise any environment (with naija babes or not) that is not progressive to her, so needs to be told who to make friends with by you?

[b]As for the guy announcing his engagement congrats when you find your gem , hold on to it. Even when Jesus was alive as a man people said "can anything good come out of Nazareth" ,,, Don't let the haters pull you down!!!
Re: Nigerian Girls In London by samsilo(m): 3:51pm On May 31, 2007
@aadun,
It's like starting something about why "Nigerian men with no papers like to try to take advantage of British Nigerian ladies who don't want to be cheated on by the Nigerian men who feel the need to have several girls all over the United Kingdom["/b]

[b]I quite agree generalisation has its down sides,but just like what you said above some can be very true.[/b]I guess as a woman you will not agree with my generalisation that women are very impressionable.
This is what every experienced man knows and you learn to exploit this weakness to sweep them off their feet wink
So having a girl or woman hang around others of a common mind set can easily make her go with their flow.
I am just generalising again grin
I respect women alot especially those who can be them selves.
Re: Nigerian Girls In London by aadun: 7:57pm On May 31, 2007
samsilo

We will agree to disagree, I don't believe generalisations ever help, for example there was (prob still happens on the down low) a time when abroad it was believed that "all black people were stupid or all into crime and degradation" , clearly not true yet it was used to evelauate black people on so many important levels, even when it's seeminly positive, it eventually breeds contempt.
As for the issue about women being easily misled , must say you read me well, I certainly don't agree that women are so "helpless and stupid" that they need to be "led" about lest they mix with people who will corrupt them, I mean where do you draw the line at disciplining at home, after telling off the kids,do you continue by giving wifey a curfew and dos & don'ts list too??
Re: Nigerian Girls In London by aadun: 9:09pm On May 31, 2007
AT LEAST HAVE SOME EVIDENCE BEFORE YOU CALL A NAIJA GAL A GOLD DIGGER!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=458832&in_page_id=1879
Re: Nigerian Girls In London by anifel20(m): 6:00pm On Jun 01, 2007
congrat, you just have to make it work till death do you part
Re: Nigerian Girls In London by iykstein(m): 11:21am On Jun 04, 2007
according to cute ass, contgrats on ur great achievement and trully, ur prayers have been answered, afterall she is in london and u are in nigeria, grin
Re: Nigerian Girls In London by Igbobeauty(f): 8:03pm On Jun 04, 2007
Yeah us london girls are cool people, I know I am. But it ain't cool when you've gotta go with your brother to a barbershop somewhere in deptford or in peckham and you've got nigerian perverts staring at you. But yeah were cool people.
Re: Nigerian Girls In London by temmyabby(f): 5:09pm On Jun 05, 2007
angry angry angry y is there so much noise about naija girls in london, pleeease not all 9ja girls are like that, i ain't like that,
Re: Nigerian Girls In London by Vieira(m): 11:56pm On Jun 05, 2007
Orp, you are an ass!

£7 an hour?? you obviously only know lowlifes!

The frigging minimum wage is £5.50, that wage is like a waiters wage.

Even postman would slap you for that price.

Most peeps I know earn double digits in an hour o! and by double digits I do not mean anything less than £30!

Learn to roll with better people and not people without papers that are doing early mo mo.
Re: Nigerian Girls In London by oluhak: 1:54am On Aug 10, 2007
Though u have made up ur mind to marry a Lady from London, a Nairalander gave an advice of the scenario in London that women have more power, coupled with other uncultured attitude. Pls, i'm confirming this to be true because i'm based in London and that is the general thing that happens here daily.

Olu-Hak
Re: Nigerian Girls In London by JustGood(m): 12:17pm On Aug 10, 2007
samsilo:

b]A Nigerian woman who has lived here for more than 25yrs told me ,if I want to be happily married ,I should not allow my wife to hang with Naija babes or attend all those Naija parties.[/b]

That is a very good piece of advice
Re: Nigerian Girls In London by JustGood(m): 12:23pm On Aug 10, 2007
Igbobeauty:

Yeah us london girls are cool people, I know I am. But it ain't cool when you've gotta go with your brother to a barbershop somewhere in deptford or in peckham and you've got nigerian perverts staring at you. But yeah were cool people.

So because they look at you, they have become perverts

Why dont you stare back at them? Or cover yourself like a woman in purdah; then, no one will be able to see you.

Some people for here sef
shuoooooo
Re: Nigerian Girls In London by tboy1(m): 12:57pm On Aug 10, 2007
I like my uk naija babes/women the way they r although some(Minority) r very horrible.

And to the guy talking about dating a jamo babe- You must be kidding?
Personally i think they r the worst ppl u can think of dating talkless of marry
Re: Nigerian Girls In London by ne4real(f): 1:10pm On Aug 10, 2007
lol

u all r so funny cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Girls In London by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 10, 2007
@ Poster: Congratulations! I think your lady will make you very happy.

No particular race of girl is worse than the other. It all depends on who she is, or chooses to be, rather than her skin colour / cultural background.

I've never dated a Nigerian girl, so can't really say they're materialistic, etc. I have however dated a Jamaican girl, and got nothing but grief - she was a cheat, and a gold digger. But, I wouldn't say she was the way she was, merely because she's Jamaican, that would be very unfair.

However, folk WILL date whoever makes them happy, regardless of race. My fiancee is white, and we're as compatible as 2 people can ever hope to be, we've both got good jobs, and share the same interests.

That's what counts.
Re: Nigerian Girls In London by kellorah: 2:49pm On Aug 10, 2007
Wow, so many ignorant people on NL! shocked
Re: Nigerian Girls In London by wendymanda: 2:59pm On Aug 10, 2007
That article on Russian girls was interesting. I can't believe you will give up a Nigerian girl for I Jamaica girl. That's just crazy, I lived in Jamaica and beleive me a Jamaican girl will not take half the shit Nigerian girls anywhere will.
Re: Nigerian Girls In London by wendymanda: 3:00pm On Aug 10, 2007
@ Poster: Congratulations! I think your lady will make you very happy.

No particular race of girl is worse than the other. It all depends on who she is, or chooses to be, rather than her skin colour / cultural background.

I've never dated a Nigerian girl, so can't really say they're materialistic, etc. I have however dated a Jamaican girl, and got nothing but grief - she was a cheat, and a gold digger. But, I wouldn't say she was the way she was, merely because she's Jamaican, that would be very unfair.

However, folk WILL date whoever makes them happy, regardless of race. My fiancee is white, and we're as compatible as 2 people can ever hope to be, we've both got good jobs, and share the same interests.

That's what counts.

Is that you and your fiance in yur profile picture?
Re: Nigerian Girls In London by yazid(m): 3:01pm On Aug 10, 2007
Bleep u oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Omg See The Biggest Dick On Earth Graphic Photo / Boobs Alert Lady Proudly Shows Her Off Stretch Marks As She Flaunts Natural Body / God Punish Konji... IMAGINE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.