Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,934 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? (15502 Views)

Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? / Impregnating Your Wife Is A Sin, Ask God For Forgiveness — Preacher Says / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by ednut1(m): 4:13pm On May 27, 2018
Read ur bible. 'He who finds----. Dem no say e who God approves. Pastor chris oyakhilome and okotie no seek God approval ni Yet we know hw e end

1 Like

Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by bigstan11787(m): 4:16pm On May 27, 2018
U don't ask God for wife...hr has given us power of choice...after the fall of man(Adam).
Remember wen man fell, God ask ,:have u eating from the tree I ask u not to eat from, Adam REPLY: THE WOMAN U GAVE ME MAKR ME TO EAT FROM THE FORBIDDEN FRUIT...HE kinda cause God,CX God gave her the woman....since den, God has allowed man the freedom to choose...he can ask u to marry from a particular tribe or family..so its d duty of man to find a wife...and pray for directives

1 Like

Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 27, 2018
ednut1:
Read ur bible. 'He who finds----. Dem no say e who God approves. Pastor chris oyakhilome and okotie no seek God approval ni Yet we know hw e end

Those people aren't true shepherds/pastors.

1 Like

Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by Hotzone(m): 4:17pm On May 27, 2018
That question some how doesn't worthwhile in issues affecting marriage!
U have to be mentally mature and financially balanced before u make a move into marriage

4 Likes

Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by Appliedmaths(m): 4:17pm On May 27, 2018
cry I've asked God he has said yes but she's yet to say yes.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by lincs25(m): 4:18pm On May 27, 2018
Ask God this day he will not answer you. He give to Adam, Adam blame him later. Better match your qualities and carry on.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by enemyofprogress: 4:18pm On May 27, 2018
I asked google if ajepako, rokia2, biacan, abimbawealth, mukina2, lalas247 and osusumustflow are my wives, Google tolded to run for my dear life

3 Likes

Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by phada2006: 4:19pm On May 27, 2018
[quote author=EzendiEgo1 post=67888613]

So many times I see people jumping into marriage without knowing what they are jumping into.
Marriage is an everlasting institution and those that study the institution well shall find joy in it.

Marriage unites two sinners into one. Without looking at the gospel you will not understand biblical marriage. The main purpose of marriage is to glorify God and to be a representation of how Christ loves the church.

In marriage you are not only committing to each other in companionship, you are committing to each other in everything. Nothing comes before your spouse.

Proverbs 18:22 “He who finds a wife finds what is goodand receives favor from the LORD.”

But this day you hardly see people asking God
Is she made for me? Lord show me my wife?

What do you expect when you don't build the foundation of your marriage with God.
Divorce, heartbreak, unfruitful marriage and so on possibly it could lead to death
ASK GOD FIRST BEFORE CONSIDERING MARRIAGE
The aspect of asking GOD I would like you to put me through, with biblical citation, because he who find a wife find a good thing and obtain favour from GOD. What I think is that it is the man's duty to find
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by enemyofprogress: 4:19pm On May 27, 2018
Appliedmaths:
cry I've asked God he has said yes but she's yet to say yes.
who go marry poor man like you?na who wan suffer?
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by kmaster007: 4:21pm On May 27, 2018
nah only Africans hv dis mentality... white folks does have time for dis.... I also don't bliv in goin to one place to check Mayb d lady u want to marry is d real woman for me.... I dozen like dat.

1 Like

Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by TheInsignia: 4:21pm On May 27, 2018
God has equipped us for such, we don't have to bother Him over such mundane things.
If you know you know.

1 Like

Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by Sammiejokes(m): 4:22pm On May 27, 2018
Neminc:
Na so dem organise marriage seminar for all the youth of marriage age for my church dey advice us to hear from God first before we marry. Question time reach o, na so I collect microphone ask all the facilitators make dem tell us how God take reveal their wife to them before them marry, omo na there Katakata burst o, none of them, not even pastor fit categorically talk say e hear God tell am say na him wife be dis o. I just relax for one corner dey watch church elders and deacons dey chop mouth where dey wan explain how God show dem their spouse, Pastor sef collect microphone come fall my hand patapata, even pastor no fit talk say e hear anything from God be e marry grin

Don't mind all of them, Hearing from God all has to do with what your inner spirit tells you about your partner, if you are at peace that you have made the right decision go ahead but when some pastor start talking like you will hear a voice. NAA TOTAL LIE.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by columbus007(m): 4:22pm On May 27, 2018
Pope22:
Who do we ask? Is it all these fake pastors around or we will ask God through us? Please OP, tell me cus I plan to marry.
no need,am sure god is stress already bro,just get a wife.
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by Elsalvator38: 4:24pm On May 27, 2018
God I don't need a wife 4now oo
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by samsam2019: 4:25pm On May 27, 2018
Which of the gods? Is it the o who did nothing while his worshippers were getting killed by terrorists or the one who turned his worshippers to terrorists?

Nonsense
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by OutOfTheAshes(m): 4:27pm On May 27, 2018
Inside my dream, any girl wey I see, I go marry yam grin angry
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by ItzBIM(m): 4:27pm On May 27, 2018
Pope22:
Who do we ask? Is it all these fake pastors around or we will ask God through us? Please OP, tell me cus I plan to marry.

You look for a real pastor and ask him to pray for you.
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by columbus007(m): 4:28pm On May 27, 2018
God is not interested in whoever you choose to marry as wife,he said he who find and you obtain favour,you just find a good woman yourself,and inshort there's nothing like a good woman,there's a saying...a good woman who else can find.
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by bixton(m): 4:29pm On May 27, 2018
EzendiEgo1:

So many times I see people jumping into marriage without knowing what they are jumping into.
Marriage is an everlasting institution and those that study the institution well shall find joy in it.

Marriage unites two sinners into one. Without looking at the gospel you will not understand biblical marriage. The main purpose of marriage is to glorify God and to be a representation of how Christ loves the church.

In marriage you are not only committing to each other in companionship, you are committing to each other in everything. Nothing comes before your spouse.

Proverbs 18:22 “He who finds a wife finds what is goodand receives favor from the LORD.”

What do you expect when you don't build the foundation of your marriage with God.
Divorce, heartbreak, unfruitful marriage and so on possibly it could lead to death

GOOD MORNING

Nothing pains me more than to see a scripture from the Holy Bible misinterpreted.

Please kindly do yourself a favour and read from beginning of that chapter till the end.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by Slimdoug(m): 4:30pm On May 27, 2018
Nonsense! I will marry any presentable woman I am very attracted to. If she misbehaves, I simply divorce her and marry another one. Rinse & Repeat. There are way too many women in this world to bother about what rules and what nots. Life's too short. Damn the rules.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by Puzzypleazer: 4:30pm On May 27, 2018
You ask god and he tell you yes or no?
Atimes Christians talk like mad people that just ran out if a mental hospital angry
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by ednut1(m): 4:32pm On May 27, 2018
Blackfyre:

Those people aren't true shepherds/pastors.
hmmm
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by Pope22(m): 4:33pm On May 27, 2018
ItzBIM:

You look for a real pastor and ask him to pray for you.
That's the problem, who is the real pastor?
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 27, 2018
All this talk of asking God this and that.

If she fits your personal preference and you feel that you an spend the rest of your life with her, then go for it. If she is yours, God will make it work. It is simply that. It is not rocket science.

1 Like

Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by ItzBIM(m): 4:36pm On May 27, 2018
Pope22:

That's the problem, who is the real pastor?

For one reason or the other fake pastor are everywhere however if you study one or two pastors carefully u can tell this is a real man of God.
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by Appliedmaths(m): 4:38pm On May 27, 2018
enemyofprogress:
who go marry poor man like you?na who wan suffer?

Listen kiddo, next time you wanna quote people you don't know try to be polite like mama taught ya. Now run along!

1 Like

Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 27, 2018
The wife that God found(made) for Adam , na wetin cause problem till today . Adam told God that it's the woman he( God) gave to him that made him sin...na since that day God decided make men dey find their thing by their self na to add favour be God own.
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by worlexy(m): 4:44pm On May 27, 2018
EzendiEgo1:

GOOD MORNING

Thank God the you yourself quoted that Bible verses that says he who FINDS a wife finds a good thing, not he who asks God for a wife.
How many Biblical character asked God if they could marry the wives they married and where was it written in the Bible that you should ask God? Even Adam did not ask God if he could marry Eve, he just FOUND her and marry her
Did Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses David, and others ask God before they married their wives. Just name one person in the Bible that asked God before they married. just one person that asked those questions, "is she made for me, show me my wife? "

1 Like

Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by abefeb1(m): 4:57pm On May 27, 2018
pinkkystel:
Even when we ask we still end up making the wrong choices.

I don't think so..having a successful marriage takes the grace of God

1 Like

Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by abefeb1(m): 4:57pm On May 27, 2018
pinkkystel:

I don't think so..having a successful marriage takes the grace of God

1 Like

Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by obowunmi(m): 4:58pm On May 27, 2018
You should but most people don't.

The sexx is sweet or they get pregnant then marry.
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by obowunmi(m): 5:00pm On May 27, 2018
pinkkystel:

The problems is most people only ask their pastors.

They dont ask for themselves.

You'd be surprised, most pastors dont pray.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? / IPOB/UGM/ ESN Killings: Chosen Church Moves Popular Crusade From Imo To Lagos / Pastor Ighodalo Leads Late Wife’s Foundation In Outreach To Babies (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.