Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,444 members, 7,826,709 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? (15513 Views)

Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? / Impregnating Your Wife Is A Sin, Ask God For Forgiveness — Preacher Says / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by lexy2014: 5:06pm On May 27, 2018
EzendiEgo1:

So many times I see people jumping into marriage without knowing what they are jumping into.
Marriage is an everlasting institution and those that study the institution well shall find joy in it.

Marriage unites two sinners into one. Without looking at the gospel you will not understand biblical marriage. The main purpose of marriage is to glorify God and to be a representation of how Christ loves the church.

In marriage you are not only committing to each other in companionship, you are committing to each other in everything. Nothing comes before your spouse.

Proverbs 18:22 “He who finds a wife finds what is goodand receives favor from the LORD.”

But this day you hardly see people asking God
Is she made for me? Lord show me my wife?

What do you expect when you don't build the foundation of your marriage with God.
Divorce, heartbreak, unfruitful marriage and so on possibly it could lead to death
ASK GOD FIRST BEFORE CONSIDERING MARRIAGE

GOOD MORNING

but d scripture u quoted doesn't say anything about asking God
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by millionboi2: 5:09pm On May 27, 2018
SoapQueen:
Hmmm. I will pray to God directly but won't depend on any spiritual papa or mama, to see or unsee things in my life or relationship.
which part of abj are u pretty?
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by Franking: 5:11pm On May 27, 2018
Ask God? How? Africans and their stupidity! I assume God sanctioned Pastor Chris's choice of wife. Stop being foolish, whitemen that brought u religion have moved on and u are still here talking about God.
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by Franking: 5:13pm On May 27, 2018
Blackfyre:

Those people aren't true shepherds/pastors.

So which pastor is a true shepherd/pastor?
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by EzendiEgo1: 5:14pm On May 27, 2018
lexy2014:
but d scripture u quoted doesn't say anything about asking God
reason best known to me
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by SoapQueen(f): 5:17pm On May 27, 2018
millionboi2:
which part of abj are u pretty?
Oshokoshoko by Akyakyata, Sir!
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by lexy2014: 5:34pm On May 27, 2018
ItzBIM:

You look for a real pastor and ask him to pray for you.
when u locate a "real pastor", what should b d prayer request?
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by Missonas(f): 5:36pm On May 27, 2018
BdorianGray:

Of 1million that wanna get married maybe only 1000 or less remember to ask or is interested in asking.. Of the 1000 that ends up asking, maybe just 100 or less is capable of discernment, of the 100 that discerns maybe just 10 or less acts, and of the 10, Likely just 1 turns out succesful and really happy. smiley
Many ask but only but a few wait to listen to God. The ideal thing is to learn how to listen and discern. The Holy Spiit comes to play here

1 Like

Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by lexy2014: 5:38pm On May 27, 2018
EzendiEgo1:
reason best known to me
then u are misleading people if ur intentions are shrouded in secrecy. If u tell people to ask God and d scripture u quote doesn't say anything about asking, then u should do ur research again
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by Missonas(f): 5:39pm On May 27, 2018
Franking:
Ask God? How? Africans and their stupidity! I assume God sanctioned Pastor Chris's choice of wife. Stop being foolish, whitemen that brought u religion have moved on and u are still here talking about God.
And still many are thanking God for where they are today. If you make God non existent in your life then so shall it be. You marry with the wrong motives you must suffer the consequences dont blame God for choices you make

1 Like

Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by millionboi2: 5:41pm On May 27, 2018
SoapQueen:

Oshokoshoko by Akyakyata, Sir!
jikwoyi
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by CSTR1003: 5:49pm On May 27, 2018
worlexy:
Thank God the you yourself quoted that Bible verses that says he who FINDS a wife finds a good thing, not he who asks God for a wife.
How many Biblical character asked God if they could marry the wives they married and where was it written in the Bible that you should ask God? Even Adam did not ask God if he could marry Eve, he just FOUND her and marry her
Did Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses David, and others ask God before they married their wives. Just name one person in the Bible that asked God before they married. just one person that asked those questions, "is she made for me, show me my wife? "
Isaac.

He got his wife by divine intervention.
He didn't even know who she was until God gave him a sign after he prayed.

1 Like

Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by worlexy(m): 6:00pm On May 27, 2018
CSTR1003:

Isaac.

He got his wife by divine intervention.
He didn't even know who she was until God gave him a sign after he prayed.
That's not correct

Genesis 24 New International Version (NIV)

Abraham was now very old, and the LORD had blessed him in every way. He said to the senior servant in his household, the one in charge of all that he had, “Put your hand under my thigh.
I want you to swear by the LORD , the God of heaven and the God of earth, that you will not get a wife for my son from the daughters of the Canaanites, among whom I am living, but will go to my country and my own relatives and get a wife for my son Isaac.”

Study your Bible very well, it was Abraham's servant that went to look for a wife for Isaac
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by CSTR1003: 6:08pm On May 27, 2018
worlexy:
That's not correct

Genesis 24 New International Version (NIV)

Abraham was now very old, and the LORD had blessed him in every way. He said to the senior servant in his household, the one in charge of all that he had, “Put your hand under my thigh.
I want you to swear by the LORD , the God of heaven and the God of earth, that you will not get a wife for my son from the daughters of the Canaanites, among whom I am living, but will go to my country and my own relatives and get a wife for my son Isaac.”
But there were more than one daughters to choose from in the land of his relatives. .

You didn't quote the whole chapter.

Issac didn't know the right daughter from the pool of daughters.

He had to pray for a sign to get the right daughter.

1 Like

Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by ItzBIM(m): 6:33pm On May 27, 2018
lexy2014:
when u locate a "real pastor", what should b d prayer request?

If the girl is meant for u, if her parents have any evil association or any family secret that lead to karma visiting you.
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by Arcamax: 6:35pm On May 27, 2018
EzendiEgo1:

So many times I see people jumping into marriage without knowing what they are jumping into.
Marriage is an everlasting institution and those that study the institution well shall find joy in it.

Marriage unites two sinners into one. Without looking at the gospel you will not understand biblical marriage. The main purpose of marriage is to glorify God and to be a representation of how Christ loves the church.

In marriage you are not only committing to each other in companionship, you are committing to each other in everything. Nothing comes before your spouse.

Proverbs 18:22 “He who finds a wife finds what is goodand receives favor from the LORD.”

What do you expect when you don't build the foundation of your marriage with God.
Divorce, heartbreak, unfruitful marriage and so on possibly it could lead to death

GOOD MORNING

Leave all this epistle. That shit is overrated.
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by worlexy(m): 6:45pm On May 27, 2018
CSTR1003:

But there were more than one daughters to choose from in the land of his relatives. .

You didn't quote the whole chapter.

Issac didn't know the right daughter from the pool of daughters.

He had to pray for a sign to get the right daughter.
Read your Bible like I said. It was not even Issac that went to meet Rebecca, it was Abraham's servant, and it was the servant that prayed for direction, going by that principle, your father's servant should be the one praying to God for the wife you will marry
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by daolad: 6:53pm On May 27, 2018
even those that build there relationship forgot to construct drainage in case of flood .
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by Jogunomi1: 6:54pm On May 27, 2018
Neminc:
Na so dem organise marriage seminar for all the youth of marriage age for my church dey advice us to hear from God first before we marry. Question time reach o, na so I collect microphone ask all the facilitators make dem tell us how God take reveal their wife to them before them marry, omo na there Katakata burst o, none of them, not even pastor fit categorically talk say e hear God tell am say na him wife be dis o. I just relax for one corner dey watch church elders and deacons dey chop mouth where dey wan explain how God show dem their spouse, Pastor sef collect microphone come fall my hand patapata, even pastor no fit talk say e hear anything from God be e marry grin

Satan's pikin. Are you in your house? I wan come beat you. Lol. Hearing from God is not that easy, and only people with special assignment will hear God concerning who to marry. How God unveiled my fiancee is the best instruction I ever received - very complicated and accurate.

1 Like

Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by GentlePEACE: 6:55pm On May 27, 2018
EzendiEgo1:
thanks bro

But I don't think is so complex for a lay man not to understand.
how do you know its God's choice? You could marry wrong thinking it his choice o
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by timstone(m): 7:03pm On May 27, 2018
Bright50135:
U need not ask God for that.he said" he who find a wife ,find a good thing and obtain a favour from hin (god) and not who ask
you need to know the spiritual background of the person,family and I'd possible the place of birth.
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by M0ron: 7:15pm On May 27, 2018
EzendiEgo1:

GOOD MORNING

God has permitted us to choose our spouses and we are therefore totally responsible for our choices. This idea of asking God if she is the one is pure escapism; those scared of making mistakes delegate back to God their task of picking spouses.
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by DEBJOCH1(m): 7:18pm On May 27, 2018
Neminc:
Na so dem organise marriage seminar for all the youth of marriage age for my church dey advice us to hear from God first before we marry. Question time reach o, na so I collect microphone ask all the facilitators make dem tell us how God take reveal their wife to them before them marry, omo na there Katakata burst o, none of them, not even pastor fit categorically talk say e hear God tell am say na him wife be dis o. I just relax for one corner dey watch church elders and deacons dey chop mouth where dey wan explain how God show dem their spouse, Pastor sef collect microphone come fall my hand patapata, even pastor no fit talk say e hear anything from God be e marry grin
. WILL ASKING GOD "IF SHE IS YOUR WIFE" STOP A POTENTIAL WIFE (WOMAN) FROM BECOMING A BOKO HARAM WHICH THEY AT HOME? ABEG PASS ME ANOTHER TOPIC JOOR

1 Like

Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by EzendiEgo1: 7:18pm On May 27, 2018
lexy2014:
then u are misleading people if ur intentions are shrouded in secrecy. If u tell people to ask God and d scripture u quote doesn't say anything about asking, then u should do ur research again
you said it all
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by DEBJOCH1(m): 7:19pm On May 27, 2018
Neminc:
. WILL ASKING GOD "IF SHE IS YOUR WIFE" STOP A POTENTIAL WIFE (WOMAN) FROM BECOMING A BOKO HARAM WHICH THEY ARE AT HOME? ABEG PASS ME ANOTHER TOPIC JOOR

1 Like

Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by lexy2014: 7:22pm On May 27, 2018
ItzBIM:

If the girl is meant for u, if her parents have any evil association or any family secret that lead to karma visiting you.
is it a pastor I need or a fortune teller?
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by wickedworld: 7:23pm On May 27, 2018
Men of God in the house should rescue us on the topic o.

Silent is misleading o
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by M0ron: 7:26pm On May 27, 2018
wickedworld:
Men of God in the house should rescue us on the topic o.

Silent is misleading o

The work of a Pastor is to equip you with wisdom to make the right choice but not to choose your future spouse for you

1 Like

Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by Okeme01(m): 8:01pm On May 27, 2018
SoapQueen:
Hmmm. I will pray to God directly but won't depend on any spiritual papa or mama, to see or unsee things in my life or relationship.

When you are not certain to find a real spiritual backup.
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by ItzBIM(m): 8:05pm On May 27, 2018
lexy2014:
is it a pastor I need or a fortune teller?
Both
Re: Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? by lexy2014: 9:01pm On May 27, 2018
ItzBIM:

Both
so how can a pastor who does fortune telling b a "real pastor"?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? / 15 Amazing Things To Know About Good Friday / Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.