Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

The Hausa Girl I Love: Should I Obey Or Disobey My Parents? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Hausa Girl I Love: Should I Obey Or Disobey My Parents? (1615 Views)

My Ordeal With A Hausa Girl Tonight I Never Knew They Were This Emotional. / Gin Experience With Hausa Girl . / Have You Ever Experienced This With A Hausa Girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Hausa Girl I Love: Should I Obey Or Disobey My Parents? by lemon10(m): 8:03am On May 26, 2018
Please nairalanders I need your advice. Am Igbo by tribe, I have this Hausa girl I love so much. We have been dating for three years now. Her parents know me and are happy for our relationship which we all anticipate will lead to marriage. The only problem I have is my family, though I have not made our relationship known to them, but I know how they think. They have been creating impressions that means no-acceptance of non-igbo Lady which will be presented to them by me. They have indirectly and constantly used that to advice me when it comes to choosing a partner.
Now am confused because I don't want to disobey my parents. I also love the girl so much and would not want to do anything that will hurt her. Pls I need your kind advice.

Pls keep your abuses aside and advice me***
Re: The Hausa Girl I Love: Should I Obey Or Disobey My Parents? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:06am On May 26, 2018
Now am confused because I don't want to disobey my parents. I also love the girl so much and would not want to do anything that will hurt her.

It is hard to tell you what to do in this case.
ONLY YOU can make your mind up.in all these.

A real man stand for his wife at ALL times.

Man up guy!
All the best!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hausa Girl I Love: Should I Obey Or Disobey My Parents? by Nobody: 8:09am On May 26, 2018
Don't act based on assumptions..
Call the both of them and tell them that the lady you intend getting married to, is from the north, tell them that your happiness matters to you and they should respect your decision..

Don't argue with your parents, in a respectful manner, make them see reasons why you loved her..
But that is not the end of it.
make sure your girlfriend is well brought up and God fearing..
invite her over and her character will win over your parents..
And pray about it...
With God and with wisdom, you will get married to her..

I wish you Goodluck sir .

3 Likes

Re: The Hausa Girl I Love: Should I Obey Or Disobey My Parents? by Donald95(m): 8:30am On May 26, 2018
If she is of the same religion with you, no probs, go ahead and explain to your mum, your dad won't be hard to convince by ur mum.

If she is a Muslim and you are a Christian, better obey your parents and run my brother else she will ruin your existence if you fail to convert

1 Like

Re: The Hausa Girl I Love: Should I Obey Or Disobey My Parents? by DOUBLEWAHALA: 10:22am On May 26, 2018
post=67889865:
Now am confused because I don't want to disobey my parents. I also love the girl so much and would not want to do anything that will hurt her.

It is hard to tell you what to do in this case.
ONLY YOU can make your mind up.in all these.

A real man stand for his wife at ALL times.

Man up guy!
All the best!

we all know that u are a big time traibal bigot

u just wanted to sound nice das all

1 Like

Re: The Hausa Girl I Love: Should I Obey Or Disobey My Parents? by Nobody: 10:51am On May 26, 2018
First of all, congratulations on finding love outside the boundaries of your tribe. Please don't let anyone hold you back or prevent you from following your heart.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: The Hausa Girl I Love: Should I Obey Or Disobey My Parents? by Nobody: 10:53am On May 26, 2018
Donald95:
If she is of the same religion with you, no probs, go ahead and explain to your mum, your dad won't be hard to convince by ur mum.

If she is a Muslim and you are a Christian, better obey your parents and run my brother else she will ruin your existence if you fail to convert
You obviously haven't seen a couple with different religions coexisting. If it comes down to conversion, it's the woman that would.

1 Like

Re: The Hausa Girl I Love: Should I Obey Or Disobey My Parents? by zenith4biz(m): 11:17am On May 26, 2018
Earthbound:

You obviously haven't seen a couple with different religions coexisting. If it comes down to conversion, it's the woman that would.

You mean converting Hausa girl �����

Except if you are taking her to the east

1 Like

Re: The Hausa Girl I Love: Should I Obey Or Disobey My Parents? by Nobody: 11:22am On May 26, 2018
zenith4biz:

You mean converting Hausa girl �����

Except if you are taking her to the east

Bring her to Lagos.

1 Like

Re: The Hausa Girl I Love: Should I Obey Or Disobey My Parents? by zenith4biz(m): 1:49pm On May 26, 2018
Earthbound:

Bring her to Lagos.

I will be back
Re: The Hausa Girl I Love: Should I Obey Or Disobey My Parents? by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 26, 2018
zenith4biz:

I will be back
Where are you coming from? Or where are you going?
Re: The Hausa Girl I Love: Should I Obey Or Disobey My Parents? by Auladimeji(m): 2:15pm On May 26, 2018
undecided Anything that deals with "my parent said" this is what I do

Re: The Hausa Girl I Love: Should I Obey Or Disobey My Parents? by coolestofall(m): 3:11pm On May 26, 2018
Op my own 2 cents.
Always stand 4 ur love, parents will always come around at one point in time. Just ensure the feeling u hv 4 this gal is mutual n dat she is not like most of those oloshos out there. Theres no worst feeling than fighting ur family 4 a gal only 4 her 2 later Bleep u up.
Be a man n let ur parents knw u hv made ur decision.
Like mine knw when I reach a decision, they hv no other choice than 2 give me their support, cos they knw I'm a man n I responsible 4 my decisions.
Re: The Hausa Girl I Love: Should I Obey Or Disobey My Parents? by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 26, 2018
Donald95:

Can you emphasize more on the dangers of a Cristian guy planning to marry a Muslim northern lady?
Re: The Hausa Girl I Love: Should I Obey Or Disobey My Parents? by GrammarNazi1(m): 6:45pm On May 26, 2018
lemon10:
Please nairalanders I need your advice. Am Igbo by tribe, I have this Hausa girl I love so much. We have been dating for three years now. Her parents know me and are happy for our relationship which we all anticipate will lead to marriage. The only problem I have is my family, though I have not made our relationship known to them, but I know how they think. They have been creating impressions that means no-acceptance of non-igbo Lady which will be presented to them by me. They have indirectly and constantly used that to advice me when it comes to choosing a partner.
Now am confused because I don't want to disobey my parents. I also love the girl so much and would not want to do anything that will hurt her. Pls I need your kind advice.

Pls keep your abuses aside and advice me***
...I'm...

2 Likes

Re: The Hausa Girl I Love: Should I Obey Or Disobey My Parents? by Lalas247(f): 7:12pm On May 26, 2018
GrammarNazi1:

...I'm...
grin
Re: The Hausa Girl I Love: Should I Obey Or Disobey My Parents? by GrammarNazi1(m): 7:16pm On May 26, 2018
Re: The Hausa Girl I Love: Should I Obey Or Disobey My Parents? by sirBLUNT: 7:45pm On May 26, 2018
Imagine a world devoid of religious and tribalistic sentiment in forming a union..the world will have been a better place

Back to the op,if you guys are same religion then all you need to do is to make your parent understand that this the woman that you love but pls don't with them because you will need their blessings and you must understand that marriage is not a contract its a life time commitment and finding someone that makes you happy
do not ever make the mistake of getting married to any girl base on tribe or religion cos our tribe and religion does not define who we are...there are two set of people in the world the good once and the bad once...do you love her unconditionally does she loves you same if your answer is possitive then go ahead and marry her and let your parent know that love knows no race or tribe,all that matters is understanding each other so you can have an outstanding relationship...all the best!

1 Like

Re: The Hausa Girl I Love: Should I Obey Or Disobey My Parents? by Donald95(m): 6:23am On May 27, 2018
FzanyAjibs:

Can you emphasize more on the dangers of a Cristian guy planning to marry a Muslim northern lady?

Look at problem in Nigeria , look at problem of world at large in terms of religion those two Abrahamic religion can never I mean NEVER stay together.

Igbo and Hausa people in Nigeria would have been very friendly if not for religion

1 Like

Re: The Hausa Girl I Love: Should I Obey Or Disobey My Parents? by lemon10(m): 7:01am On Oct 26, 2019
You guys are confusing me

(1) (Reply)

He Does Not Want To Set Me Free / Hookup With Beautiful Girls Around You Now / Lovely Pre-wedding Photos Of A Lawyer And His Beautiful Bride To Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.