Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,993 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? (38614 Views)

How Do You Tell Your First Wife You Married Another Wife? / What Was Your Monthly Income When You Married? / Are You Married And Facing Challenges? Would You Like To Share To Help Others? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by BedLam: 10:19pm On May 29, 2018
Vianna:

What's the age diff?
2.4 years.
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by BedLam: 10:21pm On May 29, 2018
Pipedreams:

But ur Moniker Bedlam says a diferent thing grin Are you sure your not living in a Bedlam?
Lol. The irony but really it has nothing to do with my life.
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 29, 2018
paparazzi1987:
We had a very cute son

Got a new job

Got promoted twice within 18 month in my job

I Was able to easily raise funds to migrate to Canada for my msc.

Got a very attractive job in canada after my Msc

Now am patiently waiting for her and my son to Joine soon InShaAllah

and to those fools who've the habit of taking their Nigerian wives to USA and UK.. keep on taking them there.. by the time they're through with you.. your eyes are gonna open..

Never trust Nigerian ladies. ..take them to the UK and USA and you'll be given the blackmail of your life.

4 Likes

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by BedLam: 10:26pm On May 29, 2018
CsRockefeller:

wow.... you got married at 25 shocked how did you do it?
im currently doing my Nysc im 26, do you think i can get married next year?
i really want to get married early.

but im eager to hear your story.
I wasn't even ready for dating when I met her. I just wanted to chop and clean mouth but this one hooked me. She was so nice and at first thought she was just trying to get me but realized she's nice to everyone and very supportive. We met when I was in a one bedroom apartment and she just moved in. Fast forward, I told her I wasnt ready to marry and she said she doesn't mind that when I'm tired I should tell her and she will move on. we got married 16 months ago. End of story for now. grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by meobizy(f): 10:29pm On May 29, 2018
greenguy:
Marry your friend. Love as the world knows it today is film trick. What keeps marriage is friendship. Every other factor hinges on it.
However even friends grow apart. Differences in upbringing always rears its ugly head after a while. No matter how compatible you both are problems must arise.

15 Likes

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by beautyhound(m): 10:46pm On May 29, 2018
Vianna:

She was older than you when you both married?

i hv noticed dt too, older women tend to haf great personality to d younger men...
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by beautyhound(m): 10:47pm On May 29, 2018
BedLam:
Yes and still older wink
noticed dt too, older women haf gr8 personality to younger men
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by beautyhound(m): 10:49pm On May 29, 2018
Vianna:
What's the age diff?
nawa o after reading d post? u fall my hand

17 Likes

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by okwabayi(m): 10:53pm On May 29, 2018
OrangeDream:
For the first time in my life, i felt violated by my own bathroom when her friend (the longest period in the world) paid her a visit.

She carries bushy hair around in the house like my grandmum and spit around too.

I don't even think my roof will survive our 5th anniversary cos that woman will snore it down very soon.

Worst, how can i forget how she took meat from our pot, suck the soup and threw the meat back inside the pot?.

I don't know whether to call this PREDICAMENT, PROBLEM OR PALAVA?

GODDAMN!
If you don't warn her now it will only get worse. Do it now because if you don't it will slowly cause resentment which you may eventually act on.

1 Like

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by beautyhound(m): 11:02pm On May 29, 2018
BedLam:
I wasn't even ready for dating when I met her. I just wanted to chop and clean mouth but this one hooked me. She was so nice and at first thought she was just trying to get me but realized she's nice to everyone and very supportive. We met when I was in a one bedroom apartment and she just moved in. Fast forward, I told her I wasnt ready to marry and she said she doesn't mind that when I'm tired I should tell her and she will move on. we got married 16 months ago. End of story for now. grin

A woman dt knows what she wants nd sets standards will always rise...
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by beautyhound(m): 11:03pm On May 29, 2018
meobizy:

However even friends grow apart. Differences in upbringing always rears its ugly head after a while. No matter how compatible you both are problems must arise.

that's why u shud marry ur friend... u nd ur friends have tins in common...in fact a lot of tins. SMH. How do pple tink in ds country sef
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by Ssalk: 11:03pm On May 29, 2018
Marriage is not for the faint hearted, if you want to enjoy your marriage please always try to perform your duty as a man. The moment you stop doing your duty as a man, that will be the beginning of the end of marriage. Even if you have the best wife, there will be tension if you at man don't play your role. Finance is the major key success of marriage, I know this cos I have been married for 4years now except that she annoyed me with calls as if I am a baby.

19 Likes

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by daewoorazer(m): 11:07pm On May 29, 2018
Ssalk:
Marriage is not for the faint hearted, if you want to enjoy your marriage please always try to perform your duty as a man. The moment you stop doing your duty as a man, that will be the beginning of the end of marriage. Even if you have the best wife, there will be tension if you at man don't play your role. Finance is the major key success of marriage, I know this cos I have been married for 4years now except that she annoyed me with calls as if I am a baby.

The annoyance part with calls got me grin

2 Likes

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by adaksbullet: 11:09pm On May 29, 2018
pembisco:

Please grow up.
ode, seen these small kid telled me too grow up undecided

Mine first born his on ss1 and u are there saying trash on ur mouth angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by okwabayi(m): 11:09pm On May 29, 2018
blazer2018:

grin

Omo dis one weak me o....[/b]how can i forget how she took meat from our pot, suck the soup and threw the meat back inside the pot?[b].

"suck d soup and threw d meat bck inside d pot"....Jesus is lord.. cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

But u guys kiss now; especially all those early morning kisses ...which is even better sef, raw saliva or cooked and spiced one? wink grin
I wanted to say this too but think of it, what if she's cooking for in-laws or visitors? He should help her kill the habit before it disgraces both of them one day.

2 Likes

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by adaksbullet: 11:09pm On May 29, 2018
GreatCracker:
Verily Verily i say unto you, that your marriage is highly exceptional grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin

Am also his eglish teacher in home wink wink
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by smart6(m): 11:14pm On May 29, 2018
Please i am interested in the finance aspect, especially the one that said the man's money is the family's and the woman's hers. Kindly share how you pull this through after marriage.

1 Like

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by mtngloetiartel: 11:17pm On May 29, 2018
adaksbullet:
Mine wive his now alway wear no bra inside house angry angry angry angry go pamtless angry angry angry

She we no park his hair well too angry angry angry angry angry angry

She his slay is she's whant too go out, but she his alway turned granma inside house angry no pakage, notin notin angry angry angry angry angry

Even when she his wear pant, she we wear big pant insteed off g string angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Am jus hate these mine last born angry angry angry his alway folo me drag wive boobs grin grin grin grin shai am suffer for the hand off the child sad sad

Since am born him, mine mouth his not torch mine wive boobi sad sad sad sad sad

Mine wive use too dance and shake his big boobty when we are still bf and gf, now, am not remembered the last time she's danced sad

All all, am still love mine wive kiss

Mine wive has turned mine 6 parks too one round park cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
son, u are drunk.

1 Like

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by okwabayi(m): 11:24pm On May 29, 2018
cliqtips:
This here is why some marriages fail... It's better not to have a BF or GF at all. because, the relationship most times mar marriages.
People inexperienced in relationships can still find other willing individuals to cheat with. Dating inexperience before marriage is not a guarantee the person wouldn't find a long term cheat partner.
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by ADRIAN88(m): 11:27pm On May 29, 2018
donogaga:

Do you really think that a woman that genuinely loves you and believes in you will insult you because you are skint/don't have money for a while? I doubt that.

Man must continue to hustle. the bills doesn't end. Responsibilities keeps coming. You must double your hustle.

Well-said bro, spot on! Seems we're on the same page here.

However let me state here that your good friends will/should help you out in your time of need if they can & also speak strong words to you to man up to face whatever circumstance you may find yourself in. How much more a wife who you love and who truly loves you? Ofcourse she shouldnt insult, but lets face it, men generally take high-tempo advice from loved ones/friends for insults; especially delicate matters like finance.

3 Likes

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by lilyheaven: 11:27pm On May 29, 2018

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by okwabayi(m): 11:28pm On May 29, 2018
smart6:
Please i am interested in the finance aspect, especially the one that said the man's money is the family's and the woman's hers. Kindly share how you pull this through after marriage.
I'm not married but I believe a way to ameliorate this is for her to have a job. Working women have less demands and she can also help out either in children's fees or helping her family to an extent. If one marries a full time housewife it's your salary and food money she'll share between herself and family members.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by adaksbullet: 11:28pm On May 29, 2018
mtngloetiartel:
son, u are drunk.
kid, u are craze smiley
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by okwabayi(m): 11:31pm On May 29, 2018
lilyheaven:
Everything changed.
He begged me to resign because of workload in the office, I accepted.
Now all he does is work, work , work.
Yes we have more money, additional cars, land properties, many relations to care for.
But I don't see my husband again.
Work has stolen him.
I just want him back, to spend time together, laugh and smile at each other the way it used to be.
Money is good but I don't find joy in them,
Dear husband I wish you can sacrifice 30 minutes of your time with me.
You should get a nanny for the kids [if any] and find a less time consuming job for yourself.
I'm not married but if there's one thing I'm very sure of it's the disrespect which comes when you start asking him to provide money for everything. It may not start now, tomorrow or the next four years but trust me it'll happen eventually.

5 Likes

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 29, 2018
RALPHOW:
You will see his and her true colour no more pretend
If she is the type that insult, she will insult you like no man business especially if there is no money.
If he is the type that can not control himself he will beat her up mercilessly.
If she is the type that have home training she will respect you more if you have money
If he is the type that is gentle he will leave house for her instead of fight.
Bottom line guys make sure you get a good job before marraige. Forget all the pretend I will manage with you. Without money she will insult you.

You're right on the issue of finance. ..finance is the major bedrock of a marriage..

Your last line.. It's better both the men and their wives have good jobs that way things will be better for everybody.
I'm still amazed how some men find it easy to marry full time housewives or wives who don't contribute anything..Trust me being the sole provider is bad for a man's health.
Godforbid bad thing.

My advice to all young men is; don't marry a wife who won't contribute.. it'll be a disaster.

I can share a story with y'all
in 2012 my friend got married to a full time housewife against the advice of his friends and his parents..
This lady even went as far as resigning from her job but my friend still refused to send her from his home. He assumed the role of "sole provider " saying he his the man.The woman has become a liability to him then.
He was using an Hyundai car when he got married, now he has sold his car . My friend who was fair in complexion before is now black in complexion because of too much burden.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by Nobody: 11:33pm On May 29, 2018
Please don't kill yourself with burden because of ego..
Forget about "you're the man" stuff.
When you get married and you see the commitment and burden that comes with marriage you'll understand what I'm saying.

Marry a woman that will contribute.

16 Likes

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by smart6(m): 11:40pm On May 29, 2018
okwabayi:

I'm not married but I believe a way to ameliorate this is for her to have a job. Working women have less demands and she can also help out either in children's fees or helping her family to an extent. If one marries a full time housewife it's your salary and food money she'll share between herself and family members.

Yea, the case that cause palava in homes is where man and wife work but finance is oga's lot. That's the case type i wish to know how couple manage it.
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by MarieSucre(f): 11:42pm On May 29, 2018
akeentech:
Limited access to her b0obs. Me nd kid now sharing d boobs.

Happy Children's Day sir.

3 Likes

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by spartacus11(m): 11:42pm On May 29, 2018
NaijaMutant:
I would have loved to share my experience but.... grin

You're Not Married

3 Likes

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by flames01: 11:44pm On May 29, 2018
poshestmina:
No more 'follow follow'.
No more surprise gifts angry
No more keeping me in charge of his money ,ATM cards etc

Maybe you did something that affected his trust in you.

3 Likes

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by spartacus11(m): 11:45pm On May 29, 2018
unilagfreshest:
The experience has been fantastically sweet sour but the truth is am not yet married.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by Nobody: 11:49pm On May 29, 2018
okwabayi:

You should get a nanny for the kids [if any] and find a less time consuming job for yourself.
I'm not married but if there's one thing I'm very sure of it's the disrespect which comes when you start asking him to provide money for everything. It may not start now, tomorrow or the next four years but trust me it'll happen eventually.

why should he disrespect her if she ask for money?? he thought he was wise when he told her to resign from her job..
I really don't understand the basis for your post. He told her to resign from her job so he must bear all the burden that comes with that decision.

How some men find it easy to tell their wives to resign from their jobs and become full time housewives.. I still don't understand.

Well.. Their choice.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Why I Married My Sister" - 25-Year-Old Anambra Teacher / Man Discovered Their Son Attends Cheap School & Wife Pockets Rest Of The Tuition / My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.