Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? (38603 Views)

How Do You Tell Your First Wife You Married Another Wife? / What Was Your Monthly Income When You Married? / Are You Married And Facing Challenges? Would You Like To Share To Help Others? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by akeentech(m): 11:50pm On May 29, 2018
MarieSucre:

Happy Children's Day sir.
You mean, u ar a kid?

1 Like

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by Nobody: 11:52pm On May 29, 2018
One thing I know is; only lazy women quit their careers because of marriage.
I don't know if I'm saying this because my wife and I don't have kids yet anyways I didn't marry her to take care of kids.. The wife I know won't even agree to such decision.

Only lazy women capitalize on such decision to quit their careers.

11 Likes

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by Nobody: 11:55pm On May 29, 2018
smart6:

Yea, the case that cause palava in homes is where man and wife work but finance is oga's lot. That's the case type i wish to know how couple manage it.

what do you mean?
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by blazer2018: 11:56pm On May 29, 2018
okwabayi:

I wanted to say this too but think of it, what if she's cooking for in-laws or visitors? He should help her kill the habit before it disgraces both of them one day.

U av a good point there...if left to fester could lead to a big disgrace someday.
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by spartacus11(m): 11:56pm On May 29, 2018
Simplep:
I cant wait to experience dat 'change' i swear

I'm ready too baby, lets huk up
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by Nobody: 11:58pm On May 29, 2018
smart6:
Please i am interested in the finance aspect, especially the one that said the man's money is the family's and the woman's hers. Kindly share how you pull this through after marriage.

It'll only happen if you allow such to happen..

There are two types of males in this world:

Alpha males and
Beta Males.

Alpha males are the ones that won't share bills with their wives and at the same time won't share house chores with their wives... they're pre dominantly found in Africa and some parts of Asia.

Beta males are the ones that share bills with their wives and at the same time share house chores with their wives... they're pre dominantly found in western countries and some parts of Asia.

Alpha males are already going to extinction in civilized countries.. a lot of them have embraced the "Beta male" concept.

The type of man you choose to be is what'll answer your question..

Goodnight.

11 Likes

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by spartacus11(m): 11:59pm On May 29, 2018
RALPHOW:
You will see his and her true colour no more pretend
If she is the type that insult, she will insult you like no man business especially if there is no money.
If he is the type that can not control himself he will beat her up mercilessly.
If she is the type that have home training she will respect you more if you have money
If he is the type that is gentle he will leave house for her instead of fight.
Bottom line guys make sure you get a good job before marraige. Forget all the pretend I will manage with you. Without money she will insult you.

WORD
you deserve some

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by lilyheaven: 12:01am On May 30, 2018
okwabayi:

You should get a nanny for the kids [if any] and find a less time consuming job for yourself.
I'm not married but if there's one thing I'm very sure of it's the disrespect which comes when you start asking him to provide money for everything. It may not start now, tomorrow or the next four years but trust me it'll happen eventually.
H

3 Likes

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by spartacus11(m): 12:02am On May 30, 2018
Vianna:
are you for real or you made this up?

Babe u too sweet
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by Greystone: 12:07am On May 30, 2018
akeentech:
Limited access to her b0obs. Me nd kid now sharing d boobs.

grin
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by spartacus11(m): 12:08am On May 30, 2018
kinzation:
sir help a brother here.. fresh graduate looking for job in Abuja and its environs

Can i get a house for 80k in Abuja.
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by spartacus11(m): 12:34am On May 30, 2018
Alennsar:

sometimes it doesn't happen like that ooo. my own marriage was an arranged marriage and to say d fact I never love him. I mean I don't know him but my father will say "I see him as d best man for you and I believed that sooner or later your love for him will grow.

Alhamdullillah its been six years now and av never regretted that decision. we've never had issue DAT lasted 24 hours and we have been the best of friends . and our love keep on growing everyday.

Help a brother i need an affordable accommodation in Abuja budget 80k
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by okwabayi(m): 12:35am On May 30, 2018
Elder001:

why should he disrespect her if she ask for money?? he thought he was wise when he told her to resign from her job..
I really don't understand the basis for your post. He told her to resign from her job so he must bear all the burden that comes with that decision.

How some men find it easy to tell their wives to resign from their jobs and become full time housewives.. I still don't understand.

Well.. Their choice.
It is something I have seen happen in multiple marriages: the man originally tells the woman to quit her job, citing a very logical reason. However when she quits the job she then becomes a 'parasite' to his existence, even asking for money to buy kids' medicine becomes an irritation to the man.
I understand to an extent. I always thought it happened only in struggling homes but even rich men married to housewives act the same.

8 Likes

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by Nobody: 12:42am On May 30, 2018
okwabayi:

It is something I have seen happen in multiple marriages: the man originally tells the woman to quit her job, citing a very logical reason. However when she quits the job she then becomes a 'parasite' to his existence, even asking for money to buy kids' medicine becomes an irritation to the man.
I understand to an extent. I always thought it happened only in struggling homes but even rich men married to housewives act the same.

Silly post... nothing like parasite to his existence.

He wanted to form "man" by asking her to quit her career so he must face the consequences.. he shouldn't complain..

I want to sleep please.

3 Likes

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by okwabayi(m): 12:48am On May 30, 2018
Elder001:

Silly post... nothing like parasite to his existence.

He wanted to form "man" by asking her to quit her career so he must face the consequences.. he shouldn't complain..

I want to sleep please.
You called it a silly post yet agreed somewhat. It's a mindset thing and experience has shown me it transcends a man's wealth.

Good night. I've shared my limited experience on the matter.

4 Likes

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by Nobody: 1:01am On May 30, 2018
okwabayi:

You called it a silly post yet agreed somewhat. It's a mindset thing and experience has shown me it transcends a man's wealth.

Good night. I've shared my limited experience on the matter.

Bro.. I don't understand how some men find it easy to tell their wives to quit their jobs. even rich men are feeling the heat.

By all standards I'm not a broke man but I'll never make that mistake of telling my wife to quit her career or become the sole provider.

6 Likes

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by Nobody: 1:54am On May 30, 2018
OrangeDream:
For the first time in my life, i felt violated by my own bathroom when her friend (the longest period in the world) paid her a visit.

She carries bushy hair around in the house like my grandmum and spit around too.

I don't even think my roof will survive our 5th anniversary cos that woman will snore it down very soon.

Worst, how can i forget how she took meat from our pot, suck the soup and threw the meat back inside the pot?.

I don't know whether to call this PREDICAMENT, PROBLEM OR PALAVA?

Is your problem you married an irritating person eww
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by ireneidiva(f): 2:22am On May 30, 2018
Elder001:

why should he disrespect her if she ask for money?? he thought he was wise when he told her to resign from her job..
I really don't understand the basis for your post. He told her to resign from her job so he must bear all the burden that comes with that decision.

How some men find it easy to tell their wives to resign from their jobs and become full time housewives.. I still don't understand.

Well.. Their choice.
How women give up their careers for marriage is beyond me.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by Laee(m): 4:12am On May 30, 2018
Try and know the real her within the few moment you guys are courting. Do something she might not like see how provoking she can be and hope u can control the moment or not controlling before you make your mind up....no one is perfect but open your eyes ooo

2 Likes

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by tabithababy(f): 4:16am On May 30, 2018
I don't understand why a woman will forgo all what she has worked for in her youth days just to please a man that can throw you out of his life at any time cheesy

Very unfortunate situation embarassed .. After all the money her parent must have spent to make sure she is a literate shocked

Haaaa... Aye le .. Ibosi o

6 Likes

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by tabithababy(f): 4:20am On May 30, 2018
lilyheaven:
Everything changed.
He begged me to resign because of workload in the office, I accepted.
Now all he does is work, work , work.
Yes we have more money, additional cars, land properties, many relations to care for.
But I don't see my husband again.
Work has stolen him.
I just want him back, to spend time together, laugh and smile at each other the way it used to be.
Money is good but I don't find joy in them,
Dear husband I wish you can sacrifice 30 minutes of your time with me.

Hope your name is included on all these properties

5 Likes

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by wright4christ(m): 4:24am On May 30, 2018
Familiarity, they said bring contempt. Level of respect from the woman to the man drop gradually. Note the word. "Gradually".
Except few occassion, that the two have same passion level, one seems to like having sex regularly, while the other occasionally, unlike when they're not yet married.
All the romantic outing and visits to different places, reduce to nearest minimum when kids start coming in, except for few couples who has put this on front burner before marriage.

3 Likes

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by hazard1759(m): 4:41am On May 30, 2018
poshestmina:
No more 'follow follow'.
No more surprise gifts angry
No more keeping me in charge of his money ,ATM cards etc
U don see or hear say person campaign after election? Sister leave matter for mathias

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by cenaman(m): 5:09am On May 30, 2018
i stop using condom, now the boobs are no longer proud they have become loyal no thanks junior my son.

3 Likes

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by salt1: 5:11am On May 30, 2018
Nothing really changes after marriage, except maybe personal appearance. You both get older and fatter /slimmer depending on financial and health choices.

Many of the issues that will impact a marriage will already be noticed during courtship, but because we are in love, we push them under the table and believe that the spouse will change, but people hardly change except they really want to.

The point is that, at any stage in the marriage, we can CHOOSE to be more or less affectionate, more or less open financially etc. It's not marriage itself that brings the changes but our personal choices.

I know because I've been married for quite a long while

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by elshizzy(m): 5:44am On May 30, 2018
Here, you can have some portion of mine.
STENON:
You can sit but please I won't share my popcorn with you (lol)
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by donogaga(m): 5:46am On May 30, 2018
ADRIAN88:

Well-said bro, spot on! Seems we're on the same page here.

However let me state here that your good friends will/should help you out in your time of need if they can & also speak strong words to you to man up to face whatever circumstance you may find yourself in. How much more a wife who you love and who truly loves you? Ofcourse she shouldnt insult, but lets face it, men generally take high-tempo advice from loved ones/friends for insults; especially delicate matters like finance.

Spot on.
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by Stormborn86: 5:56am On May 30, 2018
Some men feel they are still single. Still wanting to live the way they did before they got married.
There is no attitudinal change, reality is what sets,things you used to turn a blind eye to starts being a problem.
Having kids will change the woman's figure ,especially the tummy size.
Regarding sex, for the woman libido drops, work, caring for the kidsand keeping a home takes a tow on it. At the end of the day you are always exhausted,especially when the man doesn't help.
Regarding finance,its very good for both parties to work. There will be times when the woman will have to support.
The most important thing is to learn to love ,tolerate each other and forgive. Pray together, study the Bible together and you both will be fine.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:05am On May 30, 2018
Didi2d:
For me, I knew most of her bad attitude. But I thought she will adjust and change for good when we eventually start staying together, but I was totally wrong. Now am in the regretting zone.

Sorry. You could pray for a change of attitude, because honestly, people don't change easily.
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:18am On May 30, 2018
lilyheaven:
Everything changed.
He begged me to resign because of workload in the office, I accepted.
Now all he does is work, work , work.
Yes we have more money, additional cars, land properties, many relations to care for.
But I don't see my husband again.
Work has stolen him.
I just want him back, to spend time together, laugh and smile at each other the way it used to be.
Money is good but I don't find joy in them,
Dear husband I wish you can sacrifice 30 minutes of your time with me.

Now, that finances are stable, tell him to take things easy, and then you can find another job. Being a stay at home wife isn't easy. Your husband becomes your all in all.
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:22am On May 30, 2018
lilyheaven:

He won't do that, believe me, I trust him completely
Is just that I still want us to be doing girl and boy friend things.
You understand what I mean?
As for nannies, am scared of them.

Yes. It's okay to be scared of nannies. Most of them ruin your home and kids.

3 Likes

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by StevieAbraks111(m): 7:27am On May 30, 2018
BedLam:
I wasn't even ready for dating when I met her. I just wanted to chop and clean mouth but this one hooked me. She was so nice and at first thought she was just trying to get me but realized she's nice to everyone and very supportive. We met when I was in a one bedroom apartment and she just moved in. Fast forward, I told her I wasnt ready to marry and she said she doesn't mind that when I'm tired I should tell her and she will move on. we got married 16 months ago. End of story for now. grin
... Wow! I can't explain how mother nature loves you.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. / "Why I Married My Sister" - 25-Year-Old Anambra Teacher / Should I Help Her Or Chase Her Out Of My House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.