Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Nigerian Man Arrested In Lagos For Looking Like This... (photos) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Man Arrested In Lagos For Looking Like This... (photos) (1207 Views)

German Bridesmaid Disinvited From Wedding For Looking Better Than Bride (Photos) / Imagine Your Girlfriend's Photo Looking Like This (photos) / Why Do Intelligent Black Men Prefer Their Women Looking Like This?(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Arrested In Lagos For Looking Like This... (photos) by Joelsblog(m): 10:43am On May 30, 2018
Home Nigerian News
Nigerian News
Hair stylist arrested by Nigerian police for looking gayish
By JoelsBlog News Media0

A hairstylist , Oluwatosin Idowu , has demanded the prosecution of some policemen who allegedly arrested him for looking like a gay .

It was learnt that the 27 – year -old , who lived in the Palmgroove , Somolu area of Lagos State , was going to meet a client on Monday in the Ogudu area of the state when the incident happened .

According to punch, the Epe, Lagos State indigene , had alighted from a BRT vehicle at Ojota when he was accosted by the gun -wielding operatives around 9 am .

He said , “After I alighted from the BRT , I wanted to take a motorcycle to where I was going. But because I had only N 1, 000 notes on me , I assumed that the motorcyclists might not have change . So , I decided to buy a bottle of soft drink and a snack to get change .

“While I was buying the snack , somebody walked up to me and asked me to introduce myself to him . I asked why and he said he was a policeman . I requested to see his ID card , which he showed me .

“He said I should follow him to where their operational vehicle was parked. On getting to the bus , one of them came down with a gun and demanded my ID card , which I showed him . The next question that followed was , ‘Why are you looking like a girl in your ID card ?’ I told him that I had been using the ID card for about four years .”

Idowu noted that efforts to convince the men that he was not a gay were abortive , as they insisted on arresting him .

“The policemen said I should enter the bus . Because I did not want them to hit me, I obeyed . I called my client to inform him about the arrest .

“I thought that they were taking me to Ikorodu , so I called my sister to inform her about the arrest and that they were taking me to Ikorodu . I was not the only one that they arrested .

“When we got to Mile 12 , they turned under the bridge and I quickly updated my sister that we were heading towards Maryland . All of them yelled at me for telling my sister about their movement . The policemen took us to the Iwaya Police Station .

“ When we got to the station , I asked the operatives what my offence was . I gave them my phone, opened my chats and told them to go through them for anything incriminating. They didn ’t . Instead, they took my shoes and wristwatch and locked me inside a cell ,” he added .

It was learnt that Idowu later contacted his uncle, one Mr Taiwo , who reportedly paid N2 ,000 for his bail .

The victim said he was detained for over eight hours because the policemen insisted that he looked like a gay .

“The policemen locked me up from 9 am to around 4pm . I made a video while I was in the cell because I was with my phone . Although the face of the person that arrested me was not in the video , the faces of other members of the team were captured .

“I was the last person to be released because my uncle didn ’t come on time . And when he eventually came , he met the officer in charge and inquired about my offence. The officer repeated that I looked too slim and that I was acting like a girl. He said so many abusive things that nobody has ever used on me .

“I lost a client , who had already paid me money, due to this incident . I want to press charges because I want to know why I was detained without committing any offence. I want justice ,” Idowu said .

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Chike Oti , said , “Somebody fingered the guy as a cultist, and he was picked up by men of the Anti Cultism Squad . He , however , gave a satisfactory account that he is a stylist and was released .

“The Commissioner of Police , Edgal Imohimi , has ordered a probe into the allegation he made against the policemen .”

News by JoelsBlog
https://joelsblog.com.ng/hair-stylist-arrested-by-nigerian-police-for-looking-gayish/

Lalasticlala

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In Lagos For Looking Like This... (photos) by Joelsblog(m): 10:43am On May 30, 2018
In Addition to the above story.

"I washed myself with Hot water just so this gay stain will go away" - Nigerian man

A Nigerian gay, Obiora has shared a story on how he wished he wasn't who he was and how he scalded his flesh... Just so he could not sin... According to him;

"My pastor had told me God is warning me to stop this gay act or else I will die, I don't want to die.. I don't have sex...i couldn't bring myself to bear the pain attached, I stopped talking to my gay friends, I fasted, I prayed, but it didn't work... My prayer was that God should take away anything that doesn't please him from me... Yet it was never answered, I was abused emotionally by family, friends, neighbour's, I was emotionally abused to the extent... I decided to wash my flesh to kill the desire... I cooked a pot of water, adding my church 30 days anointing oil, asking God to deliver me as I turned the water over my head, I woke up in UPTH with bandages.. What else can I do to get rid of.... "

Read more: https://joelsblog.com.ng/hair-stylist-arrested-by-nigerian-police-for-looking-gayish/
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In Lagos For Looking Like This... (photos) by Exwizard: 10:45am On May 30, 2018
And denrele is walking free?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In Lagos For Looking Like This... (photos) by tee59(f): 11:19am On May 30, 2018
Seriously, this guy looks like gay to be candid. You will only be addressed the way to look and dressed. I believed he wasn't the only one passing that day, but something caught their attention, his look.
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In Lagos For Looking Like This... (photos) by lalasticlala(m): 1:17pm On May 30, 2018
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In Lagos For Looking Like This... (photos) by lalasticlala(m): 1:18pm On May 30, 2018

(1)

Advice Needed - He Wants To Quit His Job And Relocate To Dubai / How Do I Do This Without Lying? Please Help Out / ‘if You Want To Make It In Life, Stay Away From Jobless Ladies With High Taste’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.