Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,253 members, 7,815,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

5 Reasons Couples Come To Counseling - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Reasons Couples Come To Counseling (358 Views)

3 Reasons Couples Should Get Intimate In A Hotel Room / 7 Surprising Reasons Couples Constantly Break Up And Get Back Together / Top Most 10 Common Reasons Couples Break-up And Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Reasons Couples Come To Counseling by Tmicheals123(m): 10:58am On May 30, 2018
There have been a lot of questions trolling in about Why do couples really need counseling? According to a relationship therapist, there are majority of couples who say they are seeking out counseling. Writing about this topic is something i felt we should take cognizance of before getting to the brisk of losing out in our relationship. There is still a heavy stigma and misunderstanding about counseling in general. I hope this post can clear the air and shake up your assumptions or misconception about counseling.

1. Couples come to Counseling is: “To communicate better”

It is very important to understand that, communication is a tool which humans can never do without within seconds. Stimuli in the human still communicate. It is not necessary until you open your mouth to talk. We all want to learn how to communicate better, right? Conflict can erupt whenever we feel our partner doesn’t understand or hear us and this can be challenging to every and any twosome at some point of their relationship (regardless of how amazing or strong their relationship is). “Learning to better communicate” is actually more about learning to listen and building self-awareness around why you don’t.

2. Couples come to Counseling is: “To get closer”

With huge population of couples out there who seek out counseling services to help their awesome relationship grow. “Premarital counseling” helps couples who are getting married learn more about each other and prepare for stressors and issues in the future. Several married couples have stated how counseling helped them “get closer”. Alysha; I have been married for 2 years now, and we rarely fight and have difficult conflict. We seek the attention of our relationship therapist once a month to consistently strengthen our foundation so we feel more secure and connected. It’s been the best investment we have ever made.

3. Couples come to Counseling is: “To prioritize their relationship”

Let’s face it, we are SO busy as a society! We rarely have time for ourselves, let alone have the energy to prioritize our relationship sometimes. Date nights often come out of necessity, (i.e. “want to grab dinner?” purely for the fact that we both need to eat, not because we want to connect), and we struggle with coping with our own emotions and stressors from the day that once we see our partner we are ready to just unplug, not reconnect. There’s is nothing wrong with experiencing a rut or a routine that helps you unwind, I may add, but “the problem occurs when you’re so deep in the rut you can’t connect with your partner anymore.”

Read more: http://www.tmichealsblog.com.ng/2018/05/5-reasons-couples-come-to-counseling.html

(1) (Reply)

But Why Do Gays Like To Look Like Women? Look At Them From The Annual Gay Party / À Nairalander 'bmanchi' Drops Thé "Behind The Scenes" To His Debut Music Video / How To Show More Gratitude In A Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.