Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,401 members, 7,822,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them (44266 Views)

When Last Did You Check The Nigerian Coat Of Arms? / Akin Alabi Rejects Coat Of Arms Made By An Artist That 'Looks Like Winch' / DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them by Luminee(f): 4:35am On May 31, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Nice one FFK. I hereby dub you a Crusader.

The Arabic inscription on the Nigeria Army coat of arms is Nasrunminallah. It means ''Victory Comes From God Alone''. Checking closely, you will notice that the word we get as the English word for God in the translation is Allah. Lying Muslims will also tell you that Allah means God or is the Arabic equivalent of the English word God. This is a big lie which I will prove below.

In the Islamic Shahada, which is the words you swear when you want to become a Muslim, which most of you are aware of cos that's what this forum makes you swear before you comment on an Islamic thread, we find the word for God which clearly isn't Allah. Look Below.

The Shahada: There is no god but Allah

In Arabic: La ilaha illallah

The word for god is ilaha. If Muslims lie by saying that allah means god, then the appropriate translation will be 'There is no god but god''. This doesn't make any sense. Hence, the reason why they put the name of their god Allah there. Can you all now see that Allah is not the word for God but the name of a god, the Muslim god?

Why do we have the name of the Muslim god on the chest of our soldiers many of whom are adherents of other faiths? Is Nigeria an Islamic nation? Are the Christians, Atheists, traditionalists who are soldiers in the army now to be called soldiers of Allah?

This must be changed. As a Muslim,before you go on the defensive, ask yourself if it is fair to other faith.

You just added to my knowledge, thanks

1 Like

Re: FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them by israelmao(m): 5:08am On May 31, 2018
Internal war started long ago.
Re: FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them by Alhajiemeritus: 5:28am On May 31, 2018
Luminee:

You just added to my knowledge, thanks
Christianity. The Aramaic word for "God" in the language of Assyrian Christians is ʼĔlāhā, or Alaha. Arabic-speakers of all Abrahamic faiths, including Christians and Jews, use the word "Allah" to mean "God". The Christian Arabs of today have no other word for "God" than "Allah(culled from wikipedia).
He added nothing to your knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them by Luminee(f): 5:31am On May 31, 2018
Alhajiemeritus:
Christianity. The Aramaic word for "God" in the language of Assyrian Christians is ʼĔlāhā, or Alaha. Arabic-speakers of all Abrahamic faiths, including Christians and Jews, use the word "Allah" to mean "God". The Christian Arabs of today have no other word for "God" than "Allah(culled from wikipedia).
He added nothing to your knowledge.

... And by default you surmised that I am a Christian?
Re: FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them by dadark: 5:32am On May 31, 2018
is this guy even sane sef....??

and this guy was in the goverment....?
Re: FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them by Alhajiemeritus: 5:35am On May 31, 2018
Luminee:

... And by default you surmised that I am a Christian?
No Just trying to clarify the wrong info he is peddling.
Re: FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them by Luminee(f): 5:39am On May 31, 2018
Alhajiemeritus:
No
Just trying to clarify the wrong info he is peddling.

I get you bro
Re: FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them by asamaigho(m): 6:01am On May 31, 2018
sulasa07:

Please, why is it that the medical,red cross society also have cross sign on their attire and the likes,The only thing you people know to do best is cause mischief in the land.Hypocritical people.

Be informed ,the red cross society was formed by a Christian, with the salvation of Calvary in mind......
Re: FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them by asamaigho(m): 6:09am On May 31, 2018
sulasa07:

How come our brothers and sisters in medical and red cross society put on the cross.Look b4 u leap.

Maybe u should alot of history studies before making unreasonable comments......do yourself a favour by researching about the founder of the RED CROSS SOCIETY (HENRI DUNANT) who was a "DEVOUT CHRISTIAN".....then u should be able to gasp the reason for the cross as their symbol.
Re: FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them by asamaigho(m): 6:22am On May 31, 2018
1stCitizen:
those inscriptions were there when he was Minister but the goat waited till now to talk trash.
It is people like you that will be the first to criticize him if he questioned this inscription as a minister.you will be quick to say "is a minister for Christian affair.
I wonder what people like did when the Islamic biggot Muslim gov and senators and emirs marry under age girls.

Funny thing is most church goers like you are undecerning and ignorantly hypocritical, i.e if are!
Re: FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them by asamaigho(m): 6:23am On May 31, 2018
Dollyak:

It's very symbolic isn't it?
Just the some way the supposedly star of David in the 100naira note did not go down well with your likes and mumuric.
Re: FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them by asamaigho(m): 6:27am On May 31, 2018
Gbemishile1:
some people just dont have sense sha and chose to act stupidly on social media.
Mr ffk abi wetin u call ur name
when you were in govt you did not raise d issue o
when jonathan was giving you all the stolen funds,you did not reject it cus arabic was written on it

ffk,u need to go back to the manufacturing company that designed you to have a brain reset to factory settings
Yet even buhari and his Islamic govt are yet to prove fkk stole?.
face the issue on ground and stop d digression
Re: FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them by asamaigho(m): 6:36am On May 31, 2018
nextstep:
I don't get it... what's the difference between English and Arabic as far as we Nigerians are concerned? They are both non-Nigerian languages, and were brought into Nigeria via imperialism, death, and conquest. Arabic was the written language of the North before Europeans came, and the only reason English became the official language of all Nigeria is because because it made for easier administration for the UK.
You r just calling a spade a digging instrument.
Was Yoruba not being used in d west before the Brits came in? Was Edo not being used in some parts of south before the Brits came in ?
Guy be realistic, being a coward doesn't really pay.
Our official language is ENGLISH. PERIOD.
Re: FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them by asamaigho(m): 6:44am On May 31, 2018
ifymadu:
Did the Arabic inscriptions just appeared on the notes? It has been there since his days in government. Why is he just noticing it?
Stop being unrealistic....is the time of noticing as important as making the appropriate correction?
Nigeria is not an Islamic country and should be treated as such.
Re: FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them by asamaigho(m): 6:45am On May 31, 2018
AntiWailer:
Foolish eediot.

When he dey steal and spend he no see am.

Unfortunately a lot of brain dead youth would conclude that they put it there recently

Do you really have any proof he stole?
Just asking
Re: FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them by asamaigho(m): 6:48am On May 31, 2018
georgecso:
He should return all the money he looted since they all have Arabic inscription..

Hmm... the northern states should return all the percentage tax allocation derived from alcohol product since it is HARAM.
HYPOCRITES.
Re: FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them by Nobody: 6:55am On May 31, 2018
asamaigho:
Yet even buhari and his Islamic govt are yet to prove fkk stole?. face the issue on ground and stop d digression
ogbeni,ure telling me ffk never collected bribe during jonathan's government?
Re: FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them by Nobody: 7:25am On May 31, 2018
asamaigho:

It is people like you that will be the first to criticize him if he questioned this inscription as a minister.you will be quick to say "is a minister for Christian affair.
I wonder what people like did when the Islamic biggot Muslim gov and senators and emirs marry under age girls.

Funny thing is most church goers like you are undecerning and ignorantly hypocritical, i.e if are!

Read the gibberish you wrote again and sue your parents for giving you poor quality education. grin
Re: FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them by dealslip(f): 7:31am On May 31, 2018
Demmzy15:
Yes I can kill, but you're still stupid tongue
If you can kill then you are very stupid.
Re: FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them by Alkanoicacid(m): 7:31am On May 31, 2018
SoapQueen:
Femi Fani Kayode, your hands are full, you have four strong boys to cater to. How you find time to type and raise dust is something I can't decipher!

Between you and Reno Omokri, I don't know who should be given treatment for mouth diarrhea.

The Youth will fight non-stop because of these politicians while they go behind close doors and hug themselves. Their kids marry themselves.

I stopped putting myself between any political fracas after they gave me 2 hot slaps during 2015 election.
Something like this abi?

Re: FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them by IAmSkinny: 7:37am On May 31, 2018
mrdashing10:

Present : run Past: ran Past participle: has/have run... not has/have ran (your mistake) And also go through your law of concord.
You: right Me: wrong Past participle is actually run not ran.
Re: FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them by Nobody: 8:27am On May 31, 2018
IAmSkinny:

You: right
Me: wrong
Past participle is actually run not ran.
Aii big man. Nice day
Re: FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them by morisnewrain(m): 8:36am On May 31, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
By beheading and forcefully Islamizing innocent people abi?

Is it fair to have allah written on the coat of arms of a secular nation?

You won't have an answer to that cos all you Muslims want is to conquer the world for Allah. This itself has made you all lose your soul and conscience to the point that other people's rights do not matter to you.

Mathew 16:26

For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?
Quran 5:28-29 "If you do stretch your hand against me to kill me, I shall never stretch my hand against you to kill you, for I fear Allah; the Lord of the `Alamin (mankind, jinns, and all that exists)."
(Al-Maaida 5:28)

"Verily, I intend to let you draw my sin on yourself as well as yours, then you will be one of the dwellers of the Fire, and that is the recompense of the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers)."

(Al-Maaida 5:29)
Re: FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them by godliman: 8:58am On May 31, 2018
SoapQueen:
Femi Fani Kayode, your hands are full, you have four strong boys to cater to. How you find time to type and raise dust is something I can't decipher!

Between you and Reno Omokri, I don't know who should be given treatment for mouth diarrhea.

The Youth will fight non-stop because of these politicians while they go behind close doors and hug themselves. Their kids marry themselves.

I stopped putting myself between any political fracas after they gave me 2 hot slaps during 2015 election.
if those slaps sealed your lips, they ddint seal his so leave him alone.
Re: FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them by morisnewrain(m): 9:14am On May 31, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
By beheading and forcefully Islamizing innocent people abi?

Is it fair to have allah written on the coat of arms of a secular nation?

You won't have an answer to that cos all you Muslims want is to conquer the world for Allah. This itself has made you all lose your soul and conscience to the point that other people's rights do not matter to you.

Mathew 16:26

For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?
Quran 5:32 Because of that We ordained for the Children of Israel that if anyone killed a person not in retaliation of murder, or (and) to spread mischief in the land - it would be as if he killed all mankind, and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind. And indeed, there came to them Our Messengers with clear proofs, evidences, and signs, even then after that many of them continued to exceed the limits in the land!.

(Al-Maaida 5:32)
Re: FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them by morisnewrain(m): 9:27am On May 31, 2018
WotzupNG:
Former minister of aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode (FFK) has questioned why Nigeria has Arabic inscriptions on it’s bank notes, on the Army’s coat of arms and also why the Nigeria Police had to make Arabic language part of a CBT examination.

In a new tweet, FFK wrote:

However, a follower of the former minister questioned to know why he never did anything to change the observation when he was in government.

@Kingjoelagho wrote:

Replying the follower, Femi Fani-Kayode pointed out that he wasn't a president but a minister and that he was among those who urged former president Goodluck Jonathan to remove the Arabic inscription from the Naira notes.

He wrote:

https://www.wotzup.ng/ffk-arabic-naira-army-coat-arms/

Who questioned "cross" as a sign in our hospitals? That one also deserves to be changed because it symbolise Christ crucification. Dindinrin agbaya
Re: FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them by asamaigho(m): 10:27am On May 31, 2018
1stCitizen:

Read the gibberish you wrote again and sue your parents for giving you poor quality education. grin
If ur comprehension quotient is low,that's not my fault.
Re: FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them by asamaigho(m): 10:29am On May 31, 2018
Gbemishile1:

ogbeni,ure telling me ffk never collected bribe during jonathan's government?
Do u have any proof he stole....has he been convicted by any competent court.....if no then there is no need for 'hearsay'
Re: FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them by Nobody: 11:22am On May 31, 2018
asamaigho:

If ur comprehension quotient is low,that's not my fault.

grin grin grin Says a tw.at who cannot put a simple sentence together without sounding like an im.becile
Re: FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them by Chukazu: 11:26am On May 31, 2018
Acepen:
Do U KNow The Numbers U Are Using Originated From Arabic, Plus Many Other Terms Used In Medicine Astronomy Etc

Oga those are different from someone deliberately making them a national inscription
Re: FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them by Bashir75: 11:47am On May 31, 2018
[color=#990000][quote author=alBHAGDADI post=68020593]Nice one FFK. I hereby dub you a Crusader.

The Arabic inscription on the Nigeria Army coat of arms is Nasrunminallah. It means ''Victory Comes From God Alone''. Checking closely, you will notice that the word we get as the English word for God in the translation is Allah. Lying Muslims will also tell you that Allah means God or is the Arabic equivalent of the English word God. This is a big lie which I will prove below.

In the Islamic Shahada, which is the words you swear when you want to become a Muslim, which most of you are aware of cos that's what this forum makes you swear before you comment on an Islamic thread, we find the word for God which clearly isn't Allah. Look Below.

The Shahada: There is no god but Allah

In Arabic: La ilaha illallah

I would not have bother to respond to your assertion because it's a straw man and an informal fallacy, but I want to respond because we are all students of knowledge anyway and we learn everyday. While I believe every nation should maintain proudly their identity and language is a very vital part of culture, I also believe we should be truthful when we are making argument or do a vital research before we make claim. I'm a Yoruba-man, muslim and currently working and living in Abu Dhabi, UAE.

The transliteration of your quoted statement about the meaning of Arabic[/b]: La ilaha illallah as The Shahada[/b]: There is no god but Allah is correct but your definition or explanation of the statement is wrong. As muslims, who truly believe and accept the shahada, what it means is that " No worshiping or associating of any idols (tree, mountain, sun,moon,sango, obatala, ogun) beside Allah (GOD). Hence the G in Ilaha (god) ( is always written with a small letter "g"wink. The statement also means total faith in GOD without what is called shirk in islam (means associating or worshipping another diety beside GOD). It's a claim to uphold the of oneness and purity of GOD. That the moon is not a saviour, not a creator, not a provider ,not a sustainer, not a keeper and not a forgiver, and that all that attributes mentioned and more are of GOD. That GOD alone is worthy of our worship, our gratitudes. He created all mankind, all visible and invisible, all touchable and un-touchable are created by Allah(only one GOD as evidence in the Bible). In the west we I come from people used to name their newborn Omibunmi or sangobunmi (that this baby was granted by diety) not GOD. While I believe religion should not take away our culture (dressing, food, language, respect for elderly people, merciful to the young ones, respect the sanctity of marriage, maintaining good relationship with all your family and break bread together), I also believe there is no reason to worship idols who cannot render any help or save us from any calamity.

2 Likes

Re: FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them by Acepen(m): 12:40pm On May 31, 2018
Chukazu:

Oga those are different from someone deliberately making them a national inscription
and Who Told U Arabic Belongs To Islam,that Is How Hausa Is Tagged An Islamic Language In Nigeria. Am Sure If It Was Writen In Latin Or Igbo U Wouldnt Be Here Ranting Up And Down, Bloody Hypocrite. When FFk Was Looting the naira He Didnt Care To Check Its Inscription.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wike To Uzodinma: "Edo Boys Are Waiting For You. Make Sure You Mask Your Face / Oldest Woman Ever Seen At A Polling Unit (photo) / Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.