Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,981 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:00 PM

First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer (20629 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 / Bank MD Stole Shares Worth 97 Billion Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by hbrednic: 12:49am On Apr 20, 2007
@jossygirl

please let us know the details and any vantage of buying through you,cos i am intrested aswell.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by Omoba3(m): 1:38am On Apr 20, 2007
@ Obamedo, @ Hbrednic - You pay the standard broker charges, but getting them yourself, if you are in naija or in this instance through Jossy, you pay only the cost of the shares. Hopefully if First Bank gives this option, choose to have your CSCS account credited with your share certificates.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by frankiriri(m): 7:43am On Apr 20, 2007
Omoba3:

@ Obamedo, @ Hbrednic - You pay the standard broker charges, but getting them yourself, if you are in naija or in this instance through Jossy, you pay only the cost of the shares. Hopefully if First Bank gives this option, choose to have your CSCS account credited with your share certificates.
Point of correction. For all public offers you dont pay any charges. The receiving agent , which could be a bank or a broker is paid one percent of the amount they are able to sell by the issuer ( the comy raising the money).
There is no advantage or disadvantage to you if you buy through either of them. The advantage to her is that she meets her target and her bank gets to keep the Commision they would have paid out if you use another bank or broker.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by Omoba3(m): 8:15am On Apr 20, 2007
@ Frankiriri - Thanks - I stand corrected grin
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by jossygirl: 2:06pm On Apr 20, 2007
hi obamedo,
thanks for your reply. they bank is working out every modality to ensure that all certificates are not just issued out but issued out in record time forget ur fears. with regards to your buying through me, you will be dealing with an insider who will at every point in time give you every info you need and the only implication is more like am introducing you to the bank
all the best
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by omooba72(m): 4:32pm On Apr 20, 2007
@ Jossy girl , could you please tell us how much will first bank sell per share the public offer ??
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by wise(m): 6:02pm On Apr 21, 2007
I totally agree with Seun that First bank customer service is poor and disrespectful. I have had more than one experience with their customer service.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by hbrednic: 7:34pm On Apr 21, 2007
thanks omoba3 and frankiriri.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by frankiriri(m): 8:00pm On Apr 21, 2007
hbrednic:

thanks omoba3 and frankiriri.

U are welcome
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by freelance(m): 9:39am On May 08, 2007
First Bank's Offer is going to be sold at N33 per share for public subscription and N31 per share as Rights Issue to existing shareholders.

Guess the offfer is out now. So if you are interested then you are gud to go!

You will succeed!!!
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by Allcorrect(m): 11:34am On May 08, 2007
Freelance i would love you to check properly, First is only running an wareness campaign before the offer commences. The ads are only for awareness and the sale has not commenced yet.
Its mega when it comes all will know and moreover i feel they will like to target the offer towards the mid of this month and the end and the offer will be be on while they release their 2007 audited report, you know its about the marketing just like Oceanic did and made their offer HOT.
First bank is surely for the mid to long term. That last year 1 for 1 no be beans at all. Which company fit try am.
Ecobank Nig gave 1 for 1 last year and this year nothing but 9Kobo. Only the mighty survive.
No one compares to the size of the elephant
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by freelance(m): 11:41am On May 08, 2007
@ Allcorrect

No problem, you sound allcorrect cheesy. Guess First Bank is truly the first grin

Godspeed!!!
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by pku(f): 11:52am On May 08, 2007
hello everyone, i have been a fan of nairaland for a while now. Just registered this afternoon. dont know if am on the right place to chat. pls enlighten me . Many thanks. smiley smiley
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by freelance(m): 12:02pm On May 08, 2007
Thanks very much wink It seems the ads are already appearing very real and it seems the offer is out already.

It's all gud.

@ pku

You are welcome grin If you need any information about First Bank's offer then you are in the right place

Kind regards,
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by Allcorrect(m): 12:14pm On May 08, 2007
Welcome pku, Nairaland is it but it depends on what you really want from the site. I think here you can get the good, the bad and the ugly. Welcome on board.
Are u into stocks, real estate, bonds or what?
Remember when the seed leaves your hand it opens up your future>>>>>
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by Ribaman(m): 6:10pm On May 08, 2007
Hi Guys, I am new to this forum, must say that the man -SEUN- is/has done a fantastic job here. I have a question regarding the impending FIRST BANK offer; how do I get to lay my hands on the form that would allow me to buy the shares @ 31 naira since I already own a few of FIRST BANK SHARES? Many thanks, offered in anticipation, to all who help to enlighten me
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by frankiriri(m): 7:04pm On May 08, 2007
contact the registrars, I guess it should be first registrars. Their office is at Iganmu
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by LondonCool(m): 8:07pm On May 08, 2007
Riba_man:

Hi Guys, I am new to this forum, must say that the man -SEUN- is/has done a fantastic job here. I have a question regarding the impending FIRST BANK offer; how do I get to lay my hands on the form that would allow me to buy the shares @ 31 naira since I already own a few of FIRST BANK SHARES? Many thanks, offered in anticipation, to all who help to enlighten me

Right Issues forms are normally posted to all existing share holders to their registered address (normally with a quota on how many shares you can purchase )
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by hbrednic: 11:12pm On May 08, 2007
wellcome on board all new members,wanting to investing in shares?
just line up behind frankiri,ebonyja and freelance,but do not say i told you.
goodluck to all
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by frankiriri(m): 11:20pm On May 08, 2007
hbrednic:

just line up behind frankiri,ebonyja and freelance,
It depends on which queue we are on oh. If my goal and your goals wrt investing differ then lining up behind me may be self defeating oh
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by hbrednic: 11:30pm On May 08, 2007
thanks to the 3 guys i mentioned above,i have real learnt a lot from them,especially ebonyja who convinced me to buy DSR despite my doubts.

@frankiriri
yes the goals may difer,but as a fresher u have to learn from the masters and apply it to your condition.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by umobile: 4:00am On May 09, 2007
hi all
please does any one in the house know how FBN e-offer will work.It is supposed to pioneer e-offer in nigeria according to the NSE.The e-offer is will eliminate the problem of receiving share certificate by investors,since you will be required to quote ur cscs(pardon me if am wrong) no,thus enabling ur a/c to be credited with the value of ur purchase.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by freelance(m): 8:55am On May 09, 2007
smileyApplication for First Bank's hybrid offer opens on May 14 and closes on Thursday 21, 2007. cheesy
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by psytarry: 9:03am On May 09, 2007
Hi everybody!!!jst registered n i tink i lik dis site-concerning ur question of First Bank PO itz  coming out on the 14th of May to raise N100B, it will float a rit issue of 1,496,762,682 ordinary shares of 50kobo each at N31 per share on the basis of one for seven shares already held and a public offer of 1,624,253,238 ordinary shares of 50kobo at N33 per share respectively.
   2ndly-UBA n FBN i most say r strong i'll advice us 2stop find which ever is superior n concentrate on makin Money,
  i dnt wnt 2suggest which Bank is beta but i must say the suspension on UBA will b lifted this wk n based on analysis it will hit N50-make ur profit, First Bank Offer will b d Boom prepare 2lunch attack n there is a rumour of one for four bonus on the line, thanxxxx
  i av ideas 2share 2everybdy in terms of stocks, i ope 2b at our service, thanxxxxxxxx
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by Bulga(m): 10:27am On May 09, 2007
Here it comes

Source: http://odili.net/news/source/2007/may/8/204.html

First Bank shops for N100bn

The stage is now set for First Bank of Nigeria Plc to become one of the most capitalized bank in Nigeria as its board of directors and financial advisors rose from a completion board meeting yesterday to shop for N100 billion from both its existing shareholders and potential investors through the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE).

The deal to the hybrid offering (public and right issues) was sealed in Lagos by all parties to the issue. The authorities of the Nigerian Capital Market, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Nigerian Stock Exchange gave a nod to the widely acclaimed ‘largest offering’ in the annals of the Nigerian Capital Market.

Prospectus to the offering showed that the dual offering will break on Monday, 14 th of May 2007 and close on Thursday, June 21, 2007.

Over 3,000,000,000 units of shares would be available for sale within the one month period when the offering would be on.

Breakdown of the deal, according to the prospectus showed that more shares would be made available for sales to prospective investors in the bank. Specifically, 1,624,253,238 units of ordinary shares of 50kobo each valued at N33 per share would be sold in the public offering while the existing shareholders of the bank would be given the opportunity to exercise their rights with 1,496,762,682 ordinary units of shares at N31 each. They (existing shareholders) would have a right to one new share for every seven already owned in the bank.

The N96 billion net income from the offerings would be splashed on major projects which include branch expansion, branch mordernisation, increase in equity investment in subsidiaries, especially FBN Bank (UK) Limited and FBN Mortgages Limited among others.

However, bulk of the proceeds of the fund (N27.14billion) or 28.3 per cent would be splashed on boosting the working capital of the bank.

Parties to the offering include IBTC Chartered Bank Plc, Oceanic Bank International Plc, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, Premium Securities Limited (Lead Stockbroker), BGL Securities Limited, BFCL Assets&Securities Limited, Future View Financial Services Limited among others.

Meanwhile the board of directors of First Bank of Nigeria is very confident about the success of the fund raising process.

Alhaji (Dr.) Umaru Abdul Mutallab, chairman of the bank disclosed at the completion board meeting “This is one offer that will be well oversubscribed. By my estimation, it would hit about 200 per cent oversubscription”. He expressed confidence in the quality of the parties to the offering.

Mr. Atedo Peterside, managing director/CEO, IBTC Chartered Bank, a party to the offering also corroborated Mutallab, saying: “This is one Elephant that does fly. I bank with First Bank of Nigeria Plc and also encourage my staffs to do the same. This is the largest offer in the history of the Nigerian Capital Market and it is very well priced.”

First Bank has been very consistent in rewarding its shareholders in the years past. A recent survey on return on investment in the banking industry for the first quarter period ended March 31, 2007 conducted by FSDH Limited showed that only GT Bank Plc surpassed its record in the review period.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by fromuk(m): 12:01pm On May 09, 2007
freelande

pls am a novice is this share of a thing, my cousin helped buy some last two months and from the description he sent to me i have 3600 already bought at 39.70naira/share. Now i believe am already an investor with First bank hence am qualified for the 1 is to seven deal. Please let me know as i will appreciate your responce. Also can i more more when they open the IPO.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by Allcorrect(m): 1:45pm On May 09, 2007
Fbn is a good buy but look long term
House consider the merger between Ecobank and Unity Bank
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by gists: 2:06pm On May 09, 2007
Does anyone in the house have any info on the merger between Firstbank and ETI?
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by dolami(m): 5:37pm On May 09, 2007
@Allcorrect
Freelance i would love you to check properly, First is only running an wareness campaign before the offer commences. The ads are only for awareness and the sale has not commenced yet.
Its mega when it comes all will know and moreover i feel they will like to target the offer towards the mid of this month and the end and the offer will be be on while they release their 2007 audited report, you know its about the marketing just like Oceanic did and made their offer HOT.
First bank is surely for the mid to long term. That last year 1 for 1 no be beans at all. Which company fit try am.
Ecobank Nig gave 1 for 1 last year and this year nothing but 9Kobo. Only the mighty survive.
No one compares to the size of the elephant

@frankriri
Are sure of the inmformation posted as per 1 for i by Ecoban, cos up till now I have not seen any bonus certificate. so am scared if am involved. pls let me know what to do
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by frankiriri(m): 11:22pm On May 09, 2007
The offer opens on Monday the 14th of May
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by mastro: 1:33pm On May 10, 2007
Couple of things I don't like about this as it pertains to existing shareholders:

The 17.5% discount to the offer price of our current shareholdings.
The miserly N2 discount combined with it being 1 to 7 which effectively means there is no real benefit to being a previous shareholder in taking up this offer, for every N100,000 current shareholding you save N714 on the offer price, which by the time you factor in the dilution of our total shareholdings means the offer has no real benefit to us. Apart from the increase in size of the bank which might as well be achieved through takeovers and organic growth.

It's like looking up the thread and people complaining about customer service, this pricing of the offer shows the same attitude to us the owners.

All said and done though, for new investors it is in my opinion an attractive offer.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by frankiriri(m): 5:39pm On May 10, 2007
@maestro
Whether or not you excercise your rights the chances are that your shares would be diluted. If you do not intend to take up the shares you can sell your rights.  contact your broker on how to do this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

LATEST UPDATES about MMM as we wait for January 14th, By Guider Gozie / Investment And Management Ebooks By Gurus / Stock Performance From 2000/2003 To Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.