Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,232 members, 7,811,648 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer (20636 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 / Bank MD Stole Shares Worth 97 Billion Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by Ribaman(m): 6:09pm On May 10, 2007
@Frankiriri,
You are indeed the GURU others have called you on this forum. I have never known that I could sell my rights in a Rights Offer if I had no interest in the offer. Wow, you sure know your stuff, it is indeed a privilege to learn at your feet.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by babadots: 6:12pm On May 10, 2007
To the gurus :

Do I as a newbie Investor have to go through an Investment Shop for this Offer? If I do does any of them come highly recommended for honesty and professionalism? If not, where else could I go and how do I go about it ? Thanks in advance.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by frankiriri(m): 6:24pm On May 10, 2007
@maestro
If you say this about FBN what would  say about UBA and Union Bank which did the right and PO at the same price.
As far as dilution of interests is concerned only shareholders with signicant interest are affected. Peolple like you and me that invest for reasons other than control of the business are not affected.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by frankiriri(m): 6:39pm On May 10, 2007
@ babadots
Just go to any broker or bank around you and ask for the forms. You wont be charged anything. The bank or broker (called the receiving agent) will be paid by First Bank for helping them market the offer.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by babadots: 6:49pm On May 10, 2007
@frankiriri

Thanks for your advise, but I guess this may not be so feasible for guys based outside of Nigeria as I am. Is it worth walking into the Branch of any Nigerian Bank abroad and still expect to be able to pick this up?
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by Ribaman(m): 9:43pm On May 10, 2007
@Frankiriri
Kind thanks for the work you do on this forum. I am not sure I understand what the following sentence means ,We believe there is market making in the stock?

It is from a stock broker's report, thanks for helping me out.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by frankiriri(m): 6:47am On May 11, 2007
@ babadots
Check the web site of reputable stockbrokers like zenith securities, IBTC and BGL. THey usually have arrangements for people who want to invest from abroad. Most Banks usually make special arrangements for people who want to invest from abroad to do so. So you could also check the first bank web site and download the prospectus. The instructions should be there. You can call their help line also.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by frankiriri(m): 6:55am On May 11, 2007
Riba_man:

@Frankiriri
Kind thanks for the work you do on this forum. I am not sure I understand what the following sentence means ,We believe there is market making in the stock?

It is from a stock broker's report, thanks for helping me out.
A market maker is the agent that makes the market move  i.e the people that drive the market. Thus market making refers to activities of individuals and their brokers that causes the market to move. For instance the entry or exit of a person like dangote can cuase the market for a stock to move.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by naijaking1: 9:57am On May 11, 2007
@Oga frankiriri
I bought 30k UBA shares last month, b/c my bro is one of their branch mgr, but this Fst Bank offer is even better. If I buy same amount from FBN, which bank would u ask for stock broker?
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by Bigjay(m): 10:57am On May 11, 2007
dolami:

@Allcorrect
Freelance i would love you to check properly, First is only running an wareness campaign before the offer commences. The ads are only for awareness and the sale has not commenced yet.
Its mega when it comes all will know and moreover i feel they will like to target the offer towards the mid of this month and the end and the offer will be be on while they release their 2007 audited report, you know its about the marketing just like Oceanic did and made their offer HOT.
First bank is surely for the mid to long term. That last year 1 for 1 no be beans at all. Which company fit try am.
Ecobank Nig gave 1 for 1 last year and this year nothing but 9Kobo. Only the mighty survive.
No one compares to the size of the elephant

@frankriri
Are sure of the inmformation posted as per 1 for i by Ecoban, because up till now I have not seen any bonus certificate. so am scared if am involved. please let me know what to do

shocked nna meeeeeeeeeeeen!! i'm i in this country at all? where are you guyz getting ur information from? thank God for Nairaland o, na how i for sabi?
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by frankiriri(m): 5:34pm On May 11, 2007
naijaking1:

@Oga frankiriri
I bought 30k UBA shares last month, b/c my bro is one of their branch mgr, but this Fst Bank offer is even better. If I buy same amount from FBN, which bank would u ask for stock broker?
You can tell you brother to help you get the shares. I expect that UBA will be one of the receiving agents.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by frankiriri(m): 5:42pm On May 11, 2007
dolami:

@frankriri
Are sure of the inmformation posted as per 1 for i by Ecoban, because up till now I have not seen any bonus certificate. so am scared if am involved. please let me know what to do

I was not the one that said that oh
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by babadots: 6:10pm On May 11, 2007
@frankiriri

Thank you for your eveready disposition. I guess this is slightly off-track, but could you send me the details about the Investment Club, how it works and joining Instructions?

Merci.
babadots@yahoo.com
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by naijaking1: 12:13am On May 12, 2007
@Oga Frankiriri
I de NYC, what advice do u have for people like me who:
1. want to invest in naija
2. have some relatives on the ground over there
3. do not want to be ripped off
4. make some profit.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by frankiriri(m): 10:05pm On May 12, 2007
Get a good stockbriker with online presence.
Then subscribe to CSCS onlin so that you can monitor your shares.
You can also get your relative to watch over them and give you the latest gist on your investments.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by SavvyLanre: 2:07am On May 13, 2007
@Frank,
I chase you come here as well :-)

Just a quick question, if you have any advice on it, i already have some shares of FirstBank, from Donkey years ago. And, then i lost the certificate, but we still get mails in the post. But, then no one gets to check the post in the North, since everyone is in Lagos now. (I mean my family).

1) How can i get my hands on the right of issue from Lagos, without having to go to the North for it?

2) Can you do your Right of issue and then the normal offering like everyone else? Seems yes, but i am not sure how that works out.

3) If i want to buy, another family's right of issue in my name. How can one do that?

Abeg, no vex - i know it is a long one.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by naijaking1: 5:06am On May 13, 2007
@Oga Frankiriri
Can't thank u enough for ur professional advice. Wish I can pay u back sometime! I'm at yahoo. If u need anything from US, or from medical or surgical point of view, I'll be glad to assist.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by Missy8(f): 11:00pm On May 13, 2007
Hey guys,

I'm so, so new to this site and all this investment (although i've studied some of it so i understand some bits).
I was just today talking to some friends who suggested investing inFirst Bank Nigeria so i thought i'd browse,
Anyway,

@Jossy Girl
I'm in England and am interested in buying shares, do you still need some sales?

@Everyone, i noticed after it was mentioned, noone has spoken about OceanicSharesrecently, Frank, would you still agree with Oceanic being ok for a short - medium investment?

I look forward to having interesting conversations as it seems you all are doing

, God Bless x
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by frankiriri(m): 11:34pm On May 13, 2007
@savvylanre
Contact the registrars and give them the details of your initial investment.
You can take up your rights and then apply for more rights. You could also buy up the rights of other people. To do this consult your broke and he would walk you thru the proceedure. You can buy the PO and the rights
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by cheexy: 2:43am On May 14, 2007
@everyone
Please does anyone know the amount i would be charged if i want to transfer my holdings from one stock broking firm to another? If it is percentage, how much? I am really considering changing stock brokers because my stock officer has been pretty annoying of late and want to know if it is worth it. Thank you in advance for your help
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by ferugio(m): 1:12pm On May 14, 2007
All,

The Fisrt Bank Offer opens today as pledged.

See link below for further information and application.

https://www.naijabigoffer.com/

To the Gurus in the house,

Let the analysis begin!
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by nosbash: 4:51pm On May 14, 2007
Nairalanders,
As Stock market is info-driven, 1st Bank's Consistent financial records
cant be ignored.
Its surely a good buy as analysts and Pundits believe that its share
will reach a 3-digit value, the first that will do so in the Banking Sector.
Especially that competition is getting interesting amongst the 1st 3 big names.
Lets see what ZENITH BANK will do come early next year.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by frankiriri(m): 6:21pm On May 14, 2007
@ cheexy
The standard amount you should be charged is N100. All you need to do is collect an interhouse transfer form and then fill it and submit with the new broker. I suggest you get the form from the new broker you are moving
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by Ribaman(m): 6:47pm On May 14, 2007
@ Frankiriri
I have had a look at the FBN prospectus and the Rights Circular, how to I go about trading my Rights? And please do I get to make anything (gain) from trading them off? Kind tnx for the reply the other day.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by Bulga(m): 1:01am On May 15, 2007
@ Frankiriri & other Nairalanders,

I live abroad and am interested in this First bank share offer. Is it OK to ask my younger brother to fill the form on my behalf and sign it with my initial, and also use his bank account for the E-Dividend as I do not have a bank account in Nigeria?
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by 40th: 7:22am On May 15, 2007
Hello Bulga and other would-be shareholders, You can go ahead and fill the form online(www.naijabigoffer.com). Please when you get to referral ID, input my number SN020171. This would help me immensely to reach my target. I'd be glad to iron out any issues you might have from the banks' point of view, see me as your "inside man".

For all others that might have issues with the online registration, I haven't got my hard copies yet,else I would've uploaded one by now. Lets see what I can do later on today, all you'd have to do is just download and print the application form, fill in the blanks and please return to any firstbank branch or any of our receiving agents near you. Thank you all.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by Allwell(m): 11:50am On May 15, 2007
Hey,
I think prospective investors must have the the habit of reading the financials of any coy very well before making a decision. the key is in the financials!!
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by hbrednic: 6:16pm On May 15, 2007
all indices shows that this offer will be oversub. since it is going for more than 7kobo below its market price.
will the excess money be returned back or will the bank opt to retain all the money?

@40th and jossy girl.
i am already a client of ist bank with a domiciliary account,so apart from acting as an inside,what other incentives
are u ready to offer those who will help u reach ur targets?.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by naijaking1: 6:45pm On May 15, 2007
I just perused the 1st Bank prospectus, on the directors's list: I did not see any Igbo name. I think it's quite odd for the oldest bank in W.A not to feature an Igbo director. Anybody know something?
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by 40th: 7:00pm On May 15, 2007
@hbrednic, emm, how about a souvenier?? grin You know this thing is like when the large firms promise bonuses IF they reach a certain target. So thats where I'm at, I'm open to spreading some wealth around IF I reach my target, I don't mind at all. And about mopping up excess funds, yes, the bank will opt to keep money WHEN it's over-subscribed.

Download my application forms from tomorrow please.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by hbrednic: 7:45pm On May 15, 2007
@naijaking1
abeg make u no start the tribalistic stupidity on this forum,
those featured on the board are they from sudan? nigerian company run by nigerians.take it or live it.

@40th
i will think about ur offer.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by naijaking1: 7:52pm On May 15, 2007
Nothing like tribalistic sentiment. D ability of a public co like fbn to raise money from the public lies on the public trust of the co doing right. I remember federal character when i was in naija those days, does it still exist, or is it just selective? educate me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

LATEST UPDATES about MMM as we wait for January 14th, By Guider Gozie / Investment And Management Ebooks By Gurus / Stock Performance From 2000/2003 To Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.