Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,673 members, 7,823,902 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer - Investment (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer (20667 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 / Bank MD Stole Shares Worth 97 Billion Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by egoldman(m): 7:17pm On May 22, 2007
Allcorrect:

House, thread carefully. If you are buying FBN u have to know that the minimum time you can hold on to it is about 9 months to 1 year because thats when they will complete the allotment and all the bla bla bla.

How did you come by this information ?
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by frankiriri(m): 7:10am On May 23, 2007
With the E-PO that they are doing I expect that they will be able to come out with their allotments earlier than that. THe only problem would be the verification by CBN
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by noble2007(m): 9:48am On May 23, 2007
@Allcorrect,

Thanks for d info.Can i hav ur phone number and or ur e-mail address for personal discussion?Or better still please e-mail me on fullessgenerator@yahoo.com.

Thanks
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by Allcorrect(m): 10:38am On May 23, 2007
@egoldman

If u have been trading on the floor and u know ow banking stocks have been going u will have established a trend. Look at Intercontinental Bank offer of last year, the certificates arent out. UBN offer of dec/jan 2005/2006 i got my cert in March this year. Zenith took about 7 months which was fast. Those are just a few.

Before CBN would do their own verification of the monies it will take a while and this offer is being made available to foreign investors through the GDR, it will take awhile cos they hav to ensure that our Nigerian bog boys through these cahps are not bringing in Drug and firearms moni here. Well with the E-allotment it sure might be faster.

Let me state here that i am not being negative about the FBN offer its just that i am trying to cerrect the impression that people are having that they will make money fast. In all give and take as i have said earlier if u are buying look mid to long term.

My personal opinion aniway.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by egoldman(m): 7:09pm On May 25, 2007
@Allcorrect
Thank for your reply , could anyone make a rough estimate of how long it might take for the firstbank offer certificates to be credited to ones cscs account through the e- po ?
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by easimoni(m): 8:26pm On May 25, 2007
@ Allcorrect,

you have hit the nail on the head regarding why I think Public Offers are a bad idea to invest in. By the time the average investor gets his/her certificate, other opportunities in the market would have overtaken you. I have never, ever bought a public offer and I never will. Not even a Dangote offer. People always point to Dangote Sugar. While the Dangote IPO was out, I invested my money in Japaul instead. I sold my 90kobo investment for N3 and re-invested in Wema which has since climbed 50%. I'm up 350% while Dangote owners are getting 100% (assuming you've even seen your certificate).

Say no to Public Offers unless your are "long-term". And ask yourself why you should think long-term in this market.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by BIGBOYLARY(m): 8:52pm On May 25, 2007
@easimoni,

Kindly give more details info regarding how to invest in the Secondary markets whats are the minimum and maximum and how to go about it, cool
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by ernal(m): 10:24pm On May 26, 2007
what matters most is you knowing ur exit point,returns success depends on when you have an exit time and know when to get out, young investors should be encourage and also read more on investment, say yes to financial liberation ,
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by DisGuy: 11:11pm On May 26, 2007
ernal
your exit price might be surpassed before you get your certificate,especially when the technical suspension has been lifted. I think i'll start looking into the secondary markets more, the long wait is a bit lipsrsealed
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by egoldman(m): 6:20am On May 27, 2007
I saw in the Firstbank prospectus that technical suspension would be lifted on existing shares on 5th of july 2007, does this mean that those who already have existing shares of first bank may start trading their shares from that date ? i ask cos i already have some firstbank shares , but dont like the time it takes for them to send the certificates for the public offers ( heard the e-allotment might be faster )
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by member67023: 1:37pm On May 28, 2007
@ Stock gurus, Please help, I already have shares with First bank, how can I subscribe for more shares @ N31.00 (rights offer)? Is there any special application form?
My stock broker is not giving me any any info or assistance on this.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by easimoni(m): 2:00pm On May 28, 2007
nakedwire:

@ Stock gurus, Please help, I already have shares with First bank, how can I subscribe for more shares @ N31.00 (rights offer)? Is there any special application form?
My stock broker is not giving me any any info or assistance on this.

First and Foremost, you need a new stockbroker. You should try FSDH Securities, Zenith Securities, Cash Craft etc. Second, all the info on the 1st Bank offer (including forms) can be found on the website

https://www.naijabigoffer.com/

Good luck.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by dexsail: 12:25am On May 29, 2007
plz some one should elite me on buying of share
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by dexsail: 12:27am On May 29, 2007
my first day on narialand
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by dexsail: 12:33am On May 29, 2007
mr. easimoni u said u cant invest in public offer and ur reasons are u can wait 4 a long term. please advice me i am new in investment deal
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by egoldman(m): 3:57am On May 29, 2007
If you want to invest your money and let it stay there in the stocks you bought for over 1 year then IPO might good for you , but if u would like to get back your money in about 2 to 6 months then don't go for IPOs .
You stand to make more money when you do the IPOs, though this is not always the case , cos sometimes if you have a smart and honest broker you may also earn money with your money than someone who invested in IPOs and waited till they got they certificates to be able to trade .
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by easimoni(m): 4:20am On May 29, 2007
dexsail:

mr. easimoni u said u can't invest in public offer and your reasons are u can wait 4 a long term. please advice me i am new in investment deal

egoldman answered quite well on my behalf. I believe in investing for a few months and moving on to a new opportunity. That's just the way I think. It's certainly not the only way to make money. Pls buy IPOs if you are willing to wait about 6 months to make good returns. I don't have that much patience.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by egoldman(m): 5:42am On May 29, 2007
I think it all depends on individual circumstances , if say you have 500,000 naira and you might have need of that money for your immediate needs in about 3 to 4 months , then its bad idea for you to invest in PO , also individual risk taking ability should be considered here , easimoni i have read your webpage and i like whats is there , but the thing is it may not suite just about every individual cos of the above reasons .I have personally decided not to buy firstbank public offers, don't get me wrong this does not in anyway mean that the stock isn't a good one ,but when i read properly through the prospectus , i came to know that it may take me up to around November or December for me to be able to sell it ,now the money that i want to invest in firstbank offers i have decided to use it for stocks that would do well in about 1 to 3 months like C & i leasing , cornerstone and other stocks like that , so it all depends on individual situation .
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by Allcorrect(m): 5:22pm On May 30, 2007
@nakedwire

My simple advise is this, if u already have shares in FBn and u receive mails,dividends, bonus etc from them then u are entitled to the rights issue. U will get a booklet from them telling u ow mani units u can buy and other info. If by 10th of June u dont receive it then i advis u go to first registrars at Iganmu they are on Abebe road. Tell them u are yet to receive the rights offer and they will assist you from there. Just giv it a try.

Lets not discourage others, the stock market is not a money doubling scheme it works like the ocean wave sometime u are on top and somtimes u are down. Let fresh entrants buy into it and watch their money grow. I bought into FBN in 2002 at about N22 or someting like that. The price didnt go beyond N30 for a long time until somtime last year when it skyrocketed and i am better for it. I just used it as an investment tool as in the long term.

So lets not becloud the real meaning of investment. When u put money into something and u are expecting it to triple in 2months i will call dat money doubling. So put ur money into the bank and watch it grow.

NB, its money u dont need in the next 6mths to 1 year, its not ur school fees, feeding fees, upkeep, just something u have saved.

In the 80's keeping money in the bank was more profitable than stocks but today reverse is the case and tomorrow we dont know. So enjoy what we have
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by mishoo(m): 6:50pm On May 30, 2007
@everyone, Guys you are doing good jobs. Really !!
God bless you all.
egoldman:

I think it all depends on individual circumstances , if say you have 500,000 naira and you might have need of that money for your immediate needs in about 3 to 4 months , then its bad idea for you to invest in PO , also individual risk taking ability should be considered here , easimoni i have read your webpage and i like whats is there , but the thing is it may not suite just about every individual because of the above reasons .I have personally decided not to buy firstbank public offers, don't get me wrong this does not in anyway mean that the stock isn't a good one ,but when i read properly through the prospectus , i came to know that it may take me up to around November or December for me to be able to sell it

(1) My Bro told me not to buy the FBN from anybody and he's gpoing to tell his stockbroker to buy it on the floor @ N31 though he doesnt have FBN shares before. Is it possible?
(2) He also said he's going to transfer some to me according to the amount i send to him.
Question: will i get a certificate/cscs for the ones transferred so i can invest for short term profit??
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by frankiriri(m): 11:19pm On May 30, 2007
mishoo:

@everyone, Guys you are doing good jobs. Really !!
God bless you all.
(1) My Bro told me not to buy the FBN from anybody and he's gpoing to tell his stockbroker to buy it on the floor @ N31 though he doesnt have FBN shares before. Is it possible?
(2) He also said he's going to transfer some to me according to the amount i send to him.
Question: will i get a certificate/cscs for the ones transferred so i can invest for short term profit??
Its possible if he knows someone that he will buy from. They will then do what is called a cross deal.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by freelance(m): 3:26pm On May 31, 2007
This has really been a lovely and educative thread. Frankiri keep up the good wuk!

Thanks all for making this threada very lovely one.

See u all at the top!

Kind regards,
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by K2: 3:29pm On May 31, 2007
@Mishoo. I don't know anyone who in their right mind who would be willing to sell FBN shares to your brother on the floor at N31 (current rights issue price)when FBN last traded at N40.40? A loss of N9.40?
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by frankiriri(m): 5:40pm On May 31, 2007
A lot of people will actually sell the FBN shares on the floor of the exchange for less than the share price. For many people that dis not think through their investment decision properly or that are hit by emergencies and need to sell they would definitely sell at the offer price.

@ K2
If you are a long term investor and you had an option between buying the shares from the floor at N40.4 and buying at the IPO would it be rational to buy from the floor except the seller is willing to drop his price to meet the new market value which if the IPO price.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by frankiriri(m): 5:50pm On May 31, 2007
K2:

@Mishoo. I don't know anyone who in their right mind who would be willing to sell FBN shares to your brother on the floor at N31 (current rights issue price)when FBN last traded at N40.40? A loss of N9.40?
How do you define loss. Except the person in question bought the shares at N40.4 he is not losing anything. Yeah maybe he may lose the opportunity of capital gain but then again who is to say he will be able to sell at that price.
How many people that bought the Dangote shares were able to sell at the N56 it got to. Most settled for a price in the N40s range.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by mishoo(m): 5:59pm On May 31, 2007
if its possible, pls how can it be transferred to my account? Is it possible
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by frankiriri(m): 6:45pm On May 31, 2007
All he needs to do is to buy the required quantity in your name
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by dandagreat(m): 6:53pm On May 31, 2007
hey dexsail,
i think u have to contact your stock broker for full info.
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by mishoo(m): 7:03pm On May 31, 2007
Thanks @frankiriri for your contributions/advice as usual.God bless !
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by frankiriri(m): 6:40am On Jun 01, 2007
mishoo:

Thanks @frankiriri for your contributions/advice as usual.God bless !
You are welcome
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by Tmoni(m): 9:13am On Jun 01, 2007
na wah ooo, all this public offers et al have taken all my money from the money market,
i know it is more profitable in stock but asking for ur account balance and getting a definite figure is far more satisfying than some daily prices which swing anyway it suites the traders,
where do i draw the line,

pls help gurus, my treasury account is fast going into stock market, now first bank has carried their own and come
Re: First Bank's 100 Billion Naira Share Offer by anon101(f): 9:53am On Jun 01, 2007
please help me here what type of account do i need to buy  FB shares , i was told by a friend that wants t hep me that i need a current account and if i use her account they will tax her and i have to pay the tax difference too.please how can i go about this because am hoping to but about 50,000 shares worth

thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

LATEST UPDATES about MMM as we wait for January 14th, By Guider Gozie / Investment And Management Ebooks By Gurus / Beware Of Wonder Banks, CBN Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.