Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! - Phones (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! (200668 Views)

Mtn Users Get In / LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! / Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Prechy2836(m): 12:18am On May 05, 2019
IKON360:

Also, the x5 and 5.1plus are the exact same Devices but for different markets, check gsmarena, smartprix, 91mobiles, amazon.in, gadgetsnow or any other site
Nobody said they were two different devices, they are indeed same device for different markets doesn't mean they can't have slight differences..
Even gsmarena stated it clearly first pic
Second Pic CPU info..

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by IKON360(m): 12:47am On May 05, 2019
Prechy2836:
Alright "MTK chips have been known to be more power efficient than their SD counterpart" that's what started all this debate so who shift the goal post
you na cheesy
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by IKON360(m): 12:50am On May 05, 2019
Prechy2836:
Nobody said they were two different devices, they are indeed same device for different markets doesn't mean they can't have slight differences..
Even gsmarena stated it clearly first pic
Second Pic CPU info..
ookkk, but you people were making it look like x5 and 5.1plus were two manifestly different phones, which was why I had to correct that notion
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by IKON360(m): 12:54am On May 05, 2019
Bright12660:

Every phone has compromises, you have not used the nokia x5, but you just wrote down what you read from reviews right? Go and check Gsm Arena's reviews and opinions on note 7 from people using the phone. No one is hyping the phone, it's just that when you buy and use it for some time, you feel it's glory, and then decide to share it with people here and also give intending buyers hope. Good products sells themselves and Nokia X5 is one. I believe people here don't do hyping sha because their are some days you wouldn't see much posts in the two threads. If you want to see hyping, go and look for Tecno and Infinix threads
well I'm good, at least some people have browsed to see what I saw. Tecno and Infinix are good brands for those that care. I don't.
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by IKON360(m): 12:56am On May 05, 2019
Prechy2836:
Nokia released X5 first for the Chinese market (with no android one branding or Gapps cos Google is banned in China) with P60 clocked at 2.0ghz and limited (major Chinese) LTE bands then later launched the global version (5.1plus) with P60 clocked at 1.8ghz and all global LTE bands.. So the X5 has the fully capable P60. Since what we got was X5 (that's why all the write in the box, manuals and what not all in Chinese language) was flashed with global rom here we are..
is clocking a phone at 2.0ghz a function of software or hardware?
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by AirVaans(m): 1:18am On May 05, 2019
Hellio P60 is more battery efficient than SD 660? Based on what theory exactly?... You people are really funny on this thread!!!... I can categorically confirm that my Redmi Note 7 (SD660) lasts 24hrs on a Single Charge with standby 4G and endless usage, while my Nokia 5.1 plus (Hellio P60) doesn't last more than 16hrs on same usage... I have both phones and have been using them hand in hand seeing the difference and I give real life comparisons... But you guys just go all out to Assume stuff, its really Amazing

2 Likes

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Bright12660(m): 2:28am On May 05, 2019
AirVaans:
Hellio P60 is more battery efficient than SD 660? Based on what theory exactly?... You people are really funny on this thread!!!... I can categorically confirm that my Redmi Note 7 (SD660) lasts 24hrs on a Single Charge with standby 4G and endless usage, while my Nokia 5.1 plus (Hellio P60) doesn't last more than 16hrs on same usage... I have both phones and have been using them hand in hand seeing the difference and I give real life comparisons... But you guys just go all out to Assume stuff, its really Amazing
wait a little oga, the phone just got released, so every component and the battery is still new.
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by AirVaans(m): 3:13am On May 05, 2019
Bright12660:

wait a little oga, the phone just got released, so every component and the battery is still new.
Phone that's been out since January just got released?. Funny how y'all trying so hard to make X5 seem like a better device than N7 just because it's the phone y'all using. Never seen anything so biased
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by ityP(m): 5:22am On May 05, 2019
It is clear that the Redmi Note 7 is a great phone. The Redmi Note 7 is better than the Nokia X5. But it is more expensive. Redmi Note 7 is now 62k on Jumia. Nokia X5 is still 46k. In terms of camera, I can deduce that the Nokia X5 is more contrasty and darker; hence colours pop more on the Nokia X5. The Redmi Note 7 is less contrasty and brighter. Performance wise, the Redmi Note 7 def is a clear winner. Same with battery. It is more scratch resistant too. Bottom line: If you have 50k, get the Nokia X5 and you wouldn't regret sh*t. You'd be wowed infact. And most importantly, u will want to slap the throats of Tecno and Infinix manufacturers cos u'd realize that they were scamming u all along. But if u have more cash, 16k more, go for the Redmi Note 7 and beat ur chest that u've finally gotten an ALL-ROUND PHONE THAT MEETS ALL YOUR NEEDS.

2 Likes

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by whogatti: 7:01am On May 05, 2019
IKON360:

x5 is a good phone with a lot of compromises to cut cost, many reviewers complained about the screen, the camera is virtually a disaster in low light, the screen is 720p, no 4k recording, the speaker on high volume becomes annoying with numerous crackles and so many others. However, many users on this thread won't look at all this before buying a phone. The phone was intentionally sold at that price, HMD made no mistakes.
The phone is good but those overhyping are wrong, imagine comparing helio p60 to sd660 yet virtually none of them has used a sd660 phone. The Nokia phone with sd660, Nokia 7 plus is over 80k ahn ahn but Redmi note 7 is 66900 o.
Well Nokia x5 is a good phone, a very good one but it has compromises
you don't own one and you believe what you read on the internet, what are the reasons for update they push out do you think it is just to suck data none of this complaint you listed up here have I ever witness or experience on my x5,the sound quality is way ahead, awesome sound... Many of you underrate the phone due to its price... Stop saying what you don't know... My 2cent

2 Likes

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Prechy2836(m): 7:09am On May 05, 2019
AirVaans:
Oga read very well somebody was saying SD625 was better in battery management than P60..
We only corrected him that P60 is currently being compared to 660.
Okay say the Nokia X5 also had a 4Kmah battery what would you think about the battery performance..

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Prechy2836(m): 7:10am On May 05, 2019
IKON360:

is clocking a phone at 2.0ghz a function of software or hardware?
Can be done with software if the hardware supports it.. when we used to root phones I've underclocked my CPU to give me a better battery performance and less heating..

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Prechy2836(m): 7:21am On May 05, 2019
AirVaans:
Phone that's been out since January just got released?. Funny how y'all trying so hard to make X5 seem like a better device than N7 just because it's the phone y'all using. Never seen anything so biased
First and foremost nobody said X5 is better than RN7..
See ehn your comparisons have not been fair to the X5 in every department..
CPU: newer
Camera 25MP difference with option of GCAM as well
Build: about 6-7 months difference
Battery: 940mah difference
Price: about 12k difference
Screen 1080p and 720p...
So in all ramifications the RN7 has better everything even has better customisation (MiUi) out of the box..

So tell me if the X5 isn't putting up a good fight??

2 Likes

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Prechy2836(m): 7:23am On May 05, 2019
IKON360:

ookkk, but you people were making it look like x5 and 5.1plus were two manifestly different phones, which was why I had to correct that notion
Nah we did not we were only showing you the difference between the two of them..
Peace

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Mizik(m): 7:31am On May 05, 2019
IKON360:

but that's what I typed here before you, Prechy and Mizik started correcting up and down, they are the same underclocked helio p60, at 1.8ghz. If it was the full 2.0ghz the phone will trounce x6 which is bad for marketing
dude is something wrong with you. What do you mean by that. Abi will you tell me you didn't see this post??
Mizik:
fact!! But after updating to Pie X5 becomes underclocked but even so. When it was In Android 8.1 it was at full speed yet the battery was better @ IKON360
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by dayveed1(m): 9:07am On May 05, 2019
Enough of all these arguments Abeg.. Any x6 user here please how is your battery Life? Mine cuts like 2% under 1min.. It's really frustrating I don't play games not doing any heavy stuff on it..

@prechy2836 please any suggestions on how to fix this?
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Bright12660(m): 9:37am On May 05, 2019
AirVaans:
Well you didn't understand wella, those battery sucking components that came with that phone, and it's battery is made with lithium polymer, which is also used for 95% tecno and infinix phones. After which they start degrading in SOT. I don't have anything against the phone sir, just stating my own view point from user's opinions and reviews. And we can all be proven wrong anytime
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Prechy2836(m): 9:47am On May 05, 2019
dayveed1:
Enough of all these arguments Abeg.. Any x6 user here please how is your battery Life? Mine cuts like 2% under 1min.. It's really frustrating I don't play games not doing any heavy stuff on it..

@prechy2836 please any suggestions on how to fix this?
Bro just try turn anything you're not using off location, WiFi, BT reduce brightness, turn battery saver on etc but I guess after few days the battery will stabilize I might be wrong tho.. have you updated to Pie??
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Prechy2836(m): 9:50am On May 05, 2019
Bright12660:

Well you didn't understand wella, those battery sucking components that came with that phone, and it's battery is made with lithium polymer, which is also used for 95% tecno and infinix phones. After which they start degrading in SOT. I don't have anything against the phone sir, just stating my own view point from user's opinions and reviews. And we can all be proven wrong anytime
Me too it was my primary option of a new phone till I came across the X5 the base version of both is 3/32 and from people's opinion I was satisfied with the X5... It all boils down to personal preference.. with the budget I was having the X5 was a no brainer..
If you get the extra 12K by all means get the RN7 if otherwise the X5 is a better alternative

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Bright12660(m): 10:13am On May 05, 2019
Prechy2836:
Me too it was my primary option of a new phone till I came across the X5 the base version of both is 3/32 and from people's opinion I was satisfied with the X5... It all boils down to personal preference.. with the budget I was having the X5 was a no brainer..
If you get the extra 12K by all means get the RN7 if otherwise the X5 is a better alternative
Yea, atleast that much difference in price, though the right phones at that 45-50k price, X5 beat them all

2 Likes

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by dayveed1(m): 10:18am On May 05, 2019
Prechy2836:

Bro just try turn anything you're not using off location, WiFi, BT reduce brightness, turn battery saver on etc but I guess after few days the battery will stabilize I might be wrong tho.. have you updated to Pie??
yes I have updated to pie.
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Prechy2836(m): 11:33am On May 05, 2019
dayveed1:
Just keep on observing your SOT from your first full charge then observe it subsequently..
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Prechy2836(m): 11:34am On May 05, 2019
dayveed1:
The other reason I got the X5 with MTK chip since I wasn't a fan was saw a video on YouTube were the ba3 performance on the X5 was better
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by dayveed1(m): 11:38am On May 05, 2019
Prechy2836:
Just keep on observing your SOT from your first full charge then observe it subsequently..
I will do that.. Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by IKON360(m): 2:31pm On May 05, 2019
whogatti:
you don't own one and you believe what you read on the internet, what are the reasons for update they push out do you think it is just to suck data none of this complaint you listed up here have I ever witness or experience on my x5,the sound quality is way ahead, awesome sound... Many of you underrate the phone due to its price... Stop saying what you don't know... My 2cent
abeg I have never underrated a phone cos of the price, even though underrating a phone cos of the price isn't wrong. Nokia x5 or 5.1plus isn't as good as x6 in general ramifications, not just battery. That's why they are not the same price, x5 is a good phone, but because you are using and you dont want to change phone you assume that the phone is as good as a phone that is clearly better than it. Dont base all your assumptions on your usage, there are still many things in that phone that I am sure you have not yet used so calm down
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by IKON360(m): 2:37pm On May 05, 2019
Bright12660:

Yea, atleast that much difference in price, though the right phones at that 45-50k price, X5 beat them all
you see, on this thread, Nokia X5 vs Redmi 7, Nokia X5 is better but on Xiaomi thread, Redmi 7 is better...
On the Xiaomi thread, some users opined that Redmi 7 has very good battery back up while on this thread X5 rules.
On this thread, the best phone in the 45k+ range is X5, on the xiaomi thread, ok options plenty sha but Redmi 7 is among them.
So basically all this is bias for the phone you are using, I am using neither I just needed suggestions for which of the two I could get for my guy's younger(and extremely cute) sister
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by whogatti: 3:03pm On May 05, 2019
IKON360:

abeg I have never underrated a phone cos of the price, even though underrating a phone cos of the price isn't wrong. Nokia x5 or 5.1plus isn't as good as x6 in general ramifications, not just battery. That's why they are not the same price, x5 is a good phone, but because you are using and you dont want to change phone you assume that the phone is as good as a phone that is clearly better than it. Dont base all your assumptions on your usage, there are still many things in that phone that I am sure you have not yet used so calm down
and how are you so sure about that... For your info I will only use the phone for 6month duration before I will opt for another one...you are the one that needs to calm yourself down since you know everything about phone you've never use but believe without any proof cos of what you read on the net... Smh
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by yusfatedeeprof(m): 3:05pm On May 05, 2019
IKON360:

x5 is a good phone with a lot of compromises to cut cost, many reviewers complained about the screen, the camera is virtually a disaster in low light, the screen is 720p, no 4k recording, the speaker on high volume becomes annoying with numerous crackles and so many others. However, many users on this thread won't look at all this before buying a phone. The phone was intentionally sold at that price, HMD made no mistakes.
The phone is good but those overhyping are wrong, imagine comparing helio p60 to sd660 yet virtually none of them has used a sd660 phone. The Nokia phone with sd660, Nokia 7 plus is over 80k ahn ahn but Redmi note 7 is 66900 o.
Well Nokia x5 is a good phone, a very good one but it has compromises
And you have never seen or held a Nokia x5 and you are so sure of what you are saying.......... With the way you are saying it, like you have tested each and every component of the phone, see his mouth like "lot of compromises"......... grin

Baba if you know about processor you will know sd660 has nothing over the helio p60.....

3 Likes

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Prechy2836(m): 4:16pm On May 05, 2019
Today me I no get strength...
Dem don come again how una go dey expect 3K MaH to outperform 4k MaH...
Anyhow the battery is well optimized android is android 4K will marginally outperform 3K shikena.. Bros go buy the Redmi 7 allow us rest.
IKON360:

you see, on this thread, Nokia X5 vs Redmi 7, Nokia X5 is better but on Xiaomi thread, Redmi 7 is better...
On the Xiaomi thread, some users opined that Redmi 7 has very good battery back up while on this thread X5 rules.
On this thread, the best phone in the 45k+ range is X5, on the xiaomi thread, ok options plenty sha but Redmi 7 is among them.
So basically all this is bias for the phone you are using, I am using neither I just needed suggestions for which of the two I could get for my guy's younger(and extremely cute) sister
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Bright12660(m): 5:07pm On May 05, 2019
IKON360:

Baba, you can't even compare a chipset like sd632 in redmi 7 with sd636 in redmi note 5 and note 6pro or even the sd660 in redmi note 7, so why do you want to compare it to helio p60 that murdered sd636 in X6 etc (even at 1.8 Ghz) and is even going head to head with sd660. Check the speed tests on yt. Do you know that if that X5 was still clocked at 2.0Ghz like X6, it will kill business for the Nokia X6. Don't forget, it's the processor in phones that optimizes battery perfomance, so remove your mind from those MAh you see on phones and focus more on the processor because that's the engine of the phone. We all saw the X5 camera comparism with note 7, even on youtube, the x5 won. Now can you compare note 7 camera with redmi 7 own. Baba if u want that babe to follow you, just gift her the X5 and relax. Reference- Gsmarena, quora youtube, geekbench, and speed.com
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by BrokenBarbie: 5:45pm On May 05, 2019
IKON360:

LOL.. Extremely cute eehn wink
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by IKON360(m): 6:41pm On May 05, 2019
yusfatedeeprof:

And you have never seen or held a Nokia x5 and you are so sure of what you are saying.......... With the way you are saying it, like you have tested each and every component of the phone, see his mouth like "lot of compromises"......... grin

Baba if you know about processor you will know sd660 has nothing over the helio p60.....
sd660 has nothing over helio p60, after all your rubbish talk you ended up embarrassing yourself. Please I would like link to the video of the test where helio p60 outperformed sd660, or performed on par with it. Link of video or a review you saw. I'll wait till Tuesday. If you can't produce one, you are at liberty to shut up. Imagine, nothing over sd660? Please go on Google, check quorum and other sites, and show just one where helio p60 performed on par with sd660.
I've used Nokia X5 infact two people around me own the phone, but I don't own it fyi

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (127) (Reply)

Prices Of Tecno Android Phones In Nigeria / 10 Types Of Smartphone Displays, Touchscreens / LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.