Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! - Phones (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! (201486 Views)

Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look / LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! / Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by AirVaans(m): 4:54pm On May 04, 2019
1st - N7
2nd - X5

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by AirVaans(m): 4:57pm On May 04, 2019
Mizik:
why do i keep feeling like the X5 is better shocked
Except from the time you zoomed in
X5 looks better in terms of color too
Like I said before, in terms of Camera... They are both quite Decent, and are equally OK... But every other expect, Redmi Note 7 is way better... Like someone here said... 5.1 plus should be compared with Redmi 7, not Redmi Note 7
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by yusfatedeeprof(m): 4:59pm On May 04, 2019
X5

4 Likes

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Bright12660(m): 5:00pm On May 04, 2019
yusfatedeeprof:

The Rn7 is definitely a better device but also more expensive....if you have the extra 10k buy Rn7

I think the comparison should be between R7 and X5
How can you compare Redmi 7 with Nokia X5, when their is a Nokia 4.2. Nawao
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Mizik(m): 5:53pm On May 04, 2019
yusfatedeeprof:
X5
not shot on Gcam
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Mizik(m): 5:53pm On May 04, 2019
Bright12660:

How can you compare Redmi 7 with Nokia X5, when their is a Nokia 4.2. Nawao
Because the Redmi 7 is being sold for about 47k
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by kaykaymcb(m): 6:06pm On May 04, 2019
Mizik:
lol all I'm saying is that most other smartphones including the Nokia X5 doesn't bend that easily so.
In terms of build quality and durability the X5 wins...
War or no war
True
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by BrokenBarbie: 6:10pm On May 04, 2019
AirVaans:
1st - N7
2nd - X5

Could you please review their selfie cams Thank you cheesy
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by dy4life: 6:11pm On May 04, 2019
Mizik:
Raya Best Service - Nigeria _SP002
18 Str. kodesho opposite computer village gate, ikeja
Ikeja
(2347007)292-2273
You may need an uber... It was even hard for me to locate it
tnx bro, i appreciate

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by IKON360(m): 6:26pm On May 04, 2019
In terms of battery performance, Nokia x5 and Redmi 7, which does better?
Also which 4g band is lacking on x5? cos I know its the Chinese version that is x5 while 5.1 is the global variant
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by AirVaans(m): 7:10pm On May 04, 2019
BrokenBarbie:

Could you please review their selfie cams Thank you cheesy
it's Dark here already... Will do outdoor selfie tomorrow
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Troublemaker101(m): 7:27pm On May 04, 2019
see as me wey request for the comparison just dey background dey look all of una gringrin(I'm still actively begging for the heartbreak emoji oooooo cry) and from what I've seen so far, build,durability,os & camera(except the zoom-in aspect)-unbiasedly the Nokia x5.... everything else-RN7
tbh I'm still waiting for the gcam samples.. it's something the RN7 has over the x5 and it could prove to be the difference,but talking about stock camera app-x5 for the win smiley smiley
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Troublemaker101(m): 7:30pm On May 04, 2019
AirVaans:
it's Dark here already... Will do outdoor selfie tomorrow
thanks bro... and might I just say grin,you're doing a stellar job with the comparisons grin grin grin wink
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Troublemaker101(m): 7:35pm On May 04, 2019
dayveed1:
Everything about my Nokia x6 has been excellent so far but the battery durability is discouraging mehn! I don't even play games.. I'm porting back to Samsung..
guy, I just dey confused like this grin... I still dey with money for new phone but each time I decide,I find out that the phone I want to buy either falls short of my basic requirements or has terrible glitches/cons
na cry ah don dey cry o since last 3 weeks cry

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Troublemaker101(m): 7:39pm On May 04, 2019
ah go just vex go buy Nokia torchlight one of these daysangry... use the remaining money buy laptop cry
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by AirVaans(m): 7:43pm On May 04, 2019
Troublemaker101:
see as me wey request for the comparison just dey background dey look all of una gringrin(I'm still actively begging for the heartbreak emoji oooooo cry) and from what I've seen so far, build,durability,os & camera(except the zoom-in aspect)-unbiasedly the Nokia x5.... everything else-RN7
tbh I'm still waiting for the gcam samples.. it's something the RN7 has over the x5 and it could prove to be the difference,but talking about stock camera app-x5 for the win smiley smiley
Built, Durability, Os?... And you called it unbiased?, you really need to check the meaning of unbiased... The only Place I could give 5.1 plus the thumbs is the Camera, outside that, nothing else...

Buid, both phones are using plastic on the side and Glass on the back and front (with N7 having extra protection on the Gorrila Glass 5)

Durability, My 5.1 already has a crack on the screen after a small fall

For OS, both phones are operating on Same OS, Android 9. So don't know what you mean here. Maybe you're referring to the boring Stock Android thingy. One would think since it's Stock Android, it would provide alot of space like 28GB out of 32GB of space for usage, but yet it provides only 23GB out of 32GB. Meanwhile MIUI on the other hand with all the orishirishi still provides 22GB out of 32GB
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by hardeycute(m): 7:50pm On May 04, 2019
Mizik:
so in terms of battery and display the Redmi note 7 is better
Now can you also post some camera samples
Also hope you didn't notice any stutters in the ui?
What is this "stutter" you are posting up and down? Even if the UI lags PRESENTLY, it will surely be fixed with an update
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by kaykaymcb(m): 7:51pm On May 04, 2019
Troublemaker101:
Well said from a troublemaker. Im an x5 fan but I totally agree with u on this. But remember the RN7 is costlier than the x5. The x5 went head on with the RN7

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by IKON360(m): 7:56pm On May 04, 2019
IKON360:
Also which 4g band is lacking on x5? cos I know its the Chinese version that is x5 while 5.1 is the global variant
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Nova15: 8:05pm On May 04, 2019
IKON360:

This is actually what I'm concerned abt. The battery performance. My Nokia 5 has been shit since an upgrade to android pie
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Prechy2836(m): 8:19pm On May 04, 2019
Nova15:

This is actually what I'm concerned abt. The battery performance. My Nokia 5 has been shit since an upgrade to android pie
Well I did not use Oreo for even 10mins when I unboxed I just did the android 9 update and I can tell you I get 8hrs+ on heavy usage I use X5 btw
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by yusfatedeeprof(m): 8:21pm On May 04, 2019
Mizik:
not shot on Gcam
No gcam, no edit...... That's even a screenshot, the original picture is too large for nairaland
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Prechy2836(m): 8:27pm On May 04, 2019
AirVaans...
The picture quality of the X5 is going to better if you're using the default camera settings on the RN7...
Reason being to use the 48mp you'll have to goto Pro mode and toggle the 48mp on before you can fully utilize whole 48mp..
SD 660 on the RN7 don't support upto 48MP so what you're getting is basically 12MP being software interpolated to 48mp.. or better still one 12mp photo shot 4times..
If it were the RN7 pro that has true 48mp sensor.. Then the results would've been very different
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by dayveed1(m): 8:30pm On May 04, 2019
Troublemaker101:

guy, I just dey confused like this grin... I still dey with money for new phone but each time I decide,I find out that the phone I want to buy either falls short of my basic requirements or has terrible glitches/cons
Lol what is your budget and what do you want in a phone? You can't have a it all and one thing you should know is No phone is complete. Even the s10+ has glitches..
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by IKON360(m): 8:31pm On May 04, 2019
Nova15:

ahh
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by IKON360(m): 8:34pm On May 04, 2019
Prechy2836:

Well I did not use Oreo for even 10mins when I unboxed I just did the android 9 update and I can tell you I get 8hrs+ on heavy usage I use X5 btw
so why is he complaining and you are not?
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Prechy2836(m): 8:44pm On May 04, 2019
IKON360:

so why is he complaining and you are not?
He said he's is Nokia 5 maybe the X5 has better battery optimization with android 9 pie
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Prechy2836(m): 8:49pm On May 04, 2019
Troublemaker101:

So what and what are the basic requirements you're looking for in a phone?
CPU, GPU, RAM, Battery capacity, Screen size/resolution, Android or IOS?, Notch (2018 or 2019)?, BRAND, Camera??
Wetin you dey find make we dissect em for you..
Moreover there's no all positive and no negatives phone manufacturers must sell other products too.
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Prechy2836(m): 8:56pm On May 04, 2019
IKON360:
In terms of battery the Nokia X5 performs head and shoulders above the competition with 3060mah battery. I get on average 8hrs 30mins SoT from 100 to <10% with 4G.. then 9hrs+ when I'm out of data just watching movies or candy crushing..
You'd expect the Redmi 7 to perform better cos it got 940 more MaH goto Xiaomi thread to confirm this then comeback here to compare
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Mizik(m): 9:04pm On May 04, 2019
Troublemaker101:

research about the Galaxy Axx series
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by IKON360(m): 9:04pm On May 04, 2019
Prechy2836:

In terms of battery the Nokia X5 performs head and shoulders above the competition with 3060mah battery. I get on average 8hrs 30mins SoT from 100 to <10% with 4G.. then 9hrs+ when I'm out of data just watching movies or candy crushing..
You'd expect the Redmi 7 to perform better cos it got 940 more MaH goto Xiaomi thread to confirm this then comeback here to compare
oga, processor, software even network influences battery more than the number of mah attached to a battery

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Mizik(m): 9:07pm On May 04, 2019
AirVaans:
Built, Durability, Os?... And you called it unbiased?, you really need to check the meaning of unbiased... The only Place I could give 5.1 plus the thumbs is the Camera, outside that, nothing else...

Buid, both phones are using plastic on the side and Glass on the back and front (with N7 having extra protection on the Gorrila Glass 5)

Durability, My 5.1 already has a crack on the screen after a small fall

For OS, both phones are operating on Same OS, Android 9. So don't know what you mean here. Maybe you're referring to the boring Stock Android thingy. One would think since it's Stock Android, it would provide alot of space like 28GB out of 32GB of space for usage, but yet it provides only 23GB out of 32GB. Meanwhile MIUI on the other hand with all the orishirishi still provides 22GB out of 32GB
i said it that Gorilla Glass 5 doesn't mean its stronger.
It only means its more scratch resistant

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (127) (Reply)

10 Types Of Smartphone Displays, Touchscreens / LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread / Lovely Text Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.