Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,827 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

"Why I Stabbed My Husband To Death" - Teacher Reveals In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / "Why I Stabbed My Husband To Death" - Teacher Reveals In Lagos (33784 Views)

I Don’t Know Why I Stabbed My Boss To Death, Stole His Car – Suspect / Chidinma Ojukwu: How I Stabbed Michael Usifo Ataga To Death (Video) / Why I Stabbed My Mother-in-law To Death — Suspect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Why I Stabbed My Husband To Death" - Teacher Reveals In Lagos by wakabobo: 6:22am On Jun 01, 2018
A teacher, Abimbola Olamide, has been arrested by policemen from the Lagos State Police Command for allegedly stabbing her husband, Dare Akinbobola, to death at their residence in the Ikorodu area of Lagos State.

PUNCH Metro gathered that there was an argument between the couple on Wednesday, which degenerated into a fight.

In the ensuing brawl, Olamide was said to have stabbed her 28-year-old husband with a knife, killing him in the process.

In a video clip of her confessional statement, which went viral on Thursday, the mother of two said she acted in self defence.

While speaking in Yoruba, she said, “I did not kill my husband intentionally. He was beating me and while hitting me, he broke several plates on my head. He had battered me many times in the past, but whenever he beat me, I usually run out of the house.

“But this time around, he locked the door to prevent me from escaping, pinned me down and battered me. I was helpless.

“I picked up a knife on the ground; my intention was to use the knife to scare him away. So, I held on to the knife, but he didn’t leave me alone. I mistakenly stabbed him; I couldn’t have killed my husband intentionally.

“My family already told me to leave him, but I did not because he was the husband of my youth and father of my two children. He usually beat me; you can ask around, everybody knows. But I have just been enduring it.”

Efforts by our correspondent to contact the family and neighbours of the deceased proved abortive.

However, the confessional statement drew different reactions from members of the public on Thursday.

While some thought she should face the law for her crime, others said her action was admissible in law.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the case was reported to the police at the Igbogbo station from where the suspect was transferred to the Homicide Unit of the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Yaba.

The Police Public Relation Officer, Lagos State Police Command, SP Chike Oti, confirmed the incident.

He said, “It is another case of spousal killing in which the suspect stabbed her husband in the neck and the man bled to death.

“The corpse has been recovered for autopsy. Meanwhile, the suspect has been arrested and taken to the SCIID, Yaba, for further investigation.”

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/punchng.com/battered-wife-stabs-husband-to-death/amp/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "Why I Stabbed My Husband To Death" - Teacher Reveals In Lagos by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:23am On Jun 01, 2018
She should have just left him jejely....

So sad

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Why I Stabbed My Husband To Death" - Teacher Reveals In Lagos by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:24am On Jun 01, 2018
But this time around, he locked the door to prevent me from escaping, pinned me down and battered me. I was helpless.

“I picked up a knife on the ground; my intention was to use the knife to scare him away. So, I held on to the knife, but he didn’t leave me alone. I mistakenly stabbed him; I couldn’t have killed my husband intentionally.

This is a good case of self defense : If she is lucky to have a good lawyer.

127 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Why I Stabbed My Husband To Death" - Teacher Reveals In Lagos by segebase(m): 7:22am On Jun 01, 2018
May God EPP us from women

4 Likes

Re: "Why I Stabbed My Husband To Death" - Teacher Reveals In Lagos by hollywater: 11:08am On Jun 01, 2018
Congratulations.
Re: "Why I Stabbed My Husband To Death" - Teacher Reveals In Lagos by majamajic(m): 11:08am On Jun 01, 2018
pls what's the meaning of ' husband of my youth?

I like oyibo and divorce , if it can't work out u go your way I go my way, shikiina !!

but for Africa we go die there

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why I Stabbed My Husband To Death" - Teacher Reveals In Lagos by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 01, 2018
Husband of your youth? Some men will watch WWE and practicalize it on their wives at home.

Mostly broke men panel beat their wives to ease their frustrations.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why I Stabbed My Husband To Death" - Teacher Reveals In Lagos by miqos02(m): 11:08am On Jun 01, 2018
Evil
Re: "Why I Stabbed My Husband To Death" - Teacher Reveals In Lagos by kereman1: 11:08am On Jun 01, 2018
fear woman save ur life.

2 Likes

Re: "Why I Stabbed My Husband To Death" - Teacher Reveals In Lagos by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 01, 2018
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: "Why I Stabbed My Husband To Death" - Teacher Reveals In Lagos by brightisodje(m): 11:09am On Jun 01, 2018
useless woman if den nor marry u now u go say na wintch dey worry u

2 Likes

Re: "Why I Stabbed My Husband To Death" - Teacher Reveals In Lagos by Nobody: 11:09am On Jun 01, 2018
i just love this method of diminishing,
we are overpopulated in this zoo, so keep on diminish

1 Like

Re: "Why I Stabbed My Husband To Death" - Teacher Reveals In Lagos by seunlayi(m): 11:09am On Jun 01, 2018
I can reason along with the wife story, I hope the law can just be soft pedal in this case. I pity her, many women are in her shoe, the man is a beast same as other wife beaters.

Beating a woman you labored to win her heart, the person you always hold tight in your hand cherishing the work of nature on her body, hitting the same cheeks and mouth you always kissed, hitting the same mouth where "I love you dear" that sounds great to ur ears are coming from....

You are insane, you are an animal. Change your attitude asap unless same woe befall you.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Why I Stabbed My Husband To Death" - Teacher Reveals In Lagos by Opinionated: 11:10am On Jun 01, 2018
Only God knows the truth.

Couples can also learn from this story:

My Wife, Who Hurt You in Your Past?
Re: "Why I Stabbed My Husband To Death" - Teacher Reveals In Lagos by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 01, 2018
post=68070776:
She should have just left him jejely....

So sad
Maybe the guy get big preek. Nigerian girls too like big bananas

2 Likes

Re: "Why I Stabbed My Husband To Death" - Teacher Reveals In Lagos by ebuk4real(m): 11:10am On Jun 01, 2018
Marriage is beginning to look scary to me now o....

3 Likes

Re: "Why I Stabbed My Husband To Death" - Teacher Reveals In Lagos by tooth4tooth: 11:10am On Jun 01, 2018
Knife in self defence? That was a terrible mistake .
Re: "Why I Stabbed My Husband To Death" - Teacher Reveals In Lagos by vorigan: 11:10am On Jun 01, 2018
I have a strong feeling this is actually self defense..........All that is needed is for her neighbors to collaborate her story of always being molested by the late husband......Poor woman

6 Likes

Re: "Why I Stabbed My Husband To Death" - Teacher Reveals In Lagos by zinaunreal(m): 11:10am On Jun 01, 2018
Only weak men beat women.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why I Stabbed My Husband To Death" - Teacher Reveals In Lagos by oshe11: 11:10am On Jun 01, 2018
You saw her with knife but still dey form superman when knife no dey penetrate.....

Court should free her so she can carter for the kids.

Abi the state go take care of them ni

4 Likes

Re: "Why I Stabbed My Husband To Death" - Teacher Reveals In Lagos by dominique(f): 11:11am On Jun 01, 2018
You couldn't leave him because he's the husband of your youth. Very stupid statement. Even if the murder charges are dropped, she deserves to be jailed for stupidity

11 Likes

Re: "Why I Stabbed My Husband To Death" - Teacher Reveals In Lagos by Fogman(m): 11:11am On Jun 01, 2018
Very unfortunate. Marriage is not a do or die affair. If there is no compatibility, why not take a walk.

3 Likes

Re: "Why I Stabbed My Husband To Death" - Teacher Reveals In Lagos by AntiWailer: 11:11am On Jun 01, 2018
Domestic Violence is crazy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Why I Stabbed My Husband To Death" - Teacher Reveals In Lagos by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 01, 2018
If it was the man who killed her, feminists and their cohorts would be raging all over this thread.
They would be screaming and giving lectures on domestic violence, and men killing their wives.
Now it is d other way, they are silent.
Even though the man was killed, some people are still cursing him. smh

RIP.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Why I Stabbed My Husband To Death" - Teacher Reveals In Lagos by FroshJaynex(m): 11:12am On Jun 01, 2018
Some men head no correct at all, If she has a good lawyer ND few witnesses, she's not going to jail or even if she does, it can never be life imprisonment. Only a good lawyer can do this
Re: "Why I Stabbed My Husband To Death" - Teacher Reveals In Lagos by josephace2020: 11:12am On Jun 01, 2018
Listen Men..A womans's mouth is caustic, this much every man should know, but inflicting bodily harm is a thing a Nigerian mob does to a thief, two ignorant people fighting in the streets, police on hapless citizens. But Not between lovers, and certainly never between man and woman, married or unmarried.

Meanwhile the fiverr video animation e-course is now available for download. Head to my thread using my signature to know how to get it

Re: "Why I Stabbed My Husband To Death" - Teacher Reveals In Lagos by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 01, 2018
Once a guy beat u abeg leave. Now ur kids go turn houseboy and house gal while u do 30 yrs in jail. Ode

1 Like

Re: "Why I Stabbed My Husband To Death" - Teacher Reveals In Lagos by naijacentric(m): 11:13am On Jun 01, 2018
Many are mad few are roaming may God help us but is marriage by force?

1 Like

Re: "Why I Stabbed My Husband To Death" - Teacher Reveals In Lagos by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 01, 2018
dominique:
You couldn't leave him because he's the husband of your youth. Very stupid statement. Even if the murder charges are dropped, she deserves to be jailed for stupidity

I thought this story made front page yesterday already?

1 Like

Re: "Why I Stabbed My Husband To Death" - Teacher Reveals In Lagos by Mustay(m): 11:13am On Jun 01, 2018
He locked the door this time around to prevent his own escape. Anger with weapons are WMD.

Her statement on him being the husband of her youth has features of Stockholm syndrome. It looks foolish to us but then again, mental health care and counselling are easily ignored in Nigeria.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Indigenes Now Pay Herdsmen To Enter Their Own Farms In Delta – Okowa / Brother Of Top Eiye Cultist In Lagos Accused Of Killing A Young Man. Photos / Man Survives After Throat Was Slit By Rampaging Armed Robbers. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.