Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,517 members, 7,954,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:18 PM

JOHESU Earns My Respect By Pharm(dr) Amukamara - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / JOHESU Earns My Respect By Pharm(dr) Amukamara (7923 Views)

JOHESU Strike: Nigerian Government Threatens ‘no Work, No Pay’ Policy / Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! / Federal Health Workers Under The Umbrella Of JOHESU Embark On Indefinite Trike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JOHESU Earns My Respect By Pharm(dr) Amukamara by naijaking1: 9:51pm On Jun 03, 2018
bmlsbmls:

Pathology is a course in 300L for medlab. The department of medical microbiology and parasitology that trains medical students during their 400L comprises of both medical lab scientists and pathologists. The medical lab scientists with only BMLS degree are technical officers and not lab attendants in such a situation.

The medical student is trained by a wide array of experts. 6-9 months rotation is what it takes an average med student to cover most of the whole 4-5 year syllabus of a med lab tech program.
Once again, I know, I did both.
Re: JOHESU Earns My Respect By Pharm(dr) Amukamara by naijaking1: 9:57pm On Jun 03, 2018
bmlsbmls:

Pathology is a course in 300L for medlab. The department of medical microbiology and parasitology that trains medical students during their 400L comprises of both medical lab scientists and pathologists. The medical lab scientists with only BMLS degree are technical officers and not lab attendants in such a situation.

Medical students are trained by a wide array of experts at hand, including medical lab techs, nurses, therapist, etc.
Re: JOHESU Earns My Respect By Pharm(dr) Amukamara by bmlsbmls: 7:12am On Jun 04, 2018
naijaking1:

The medical student is trained by a wide array of experts. 6-9 months rotation is what it takes an average med student to cover most of the whole 4-5 year syllabus of a med lab tech program.
Once again, I know, I did both.
6-9 months to cover all a biomedical scientist learns in 5yrs?? Tell me then, why your medical students can't perform.complex tests until after specializing in pathology?
and by the way, medlab of 1980s that you claim to have studied is more like medlab technician curriculum of now. It can never be at parity with the current BMLS curriculum

3 Likes

Re: JOHESU Earns My Respect By Pharm(dr) Amukamara by bmlsbmls: 7:18am On Jun 04, 2018
TempoJames:

Lab attendance! my friend is a medlab scientist in all saints , I have colleagues from UI. I am a product of UNN. That is why I specifically mentioned those 3. You guys always want to confuse the public..... technical officers kwa? ok u now accept d place of tecnologist n not scientist again? My friend don't swallow d fish with d hook. When I was in 400L...medlab scientist were d ones demonstrating d experiment at d beginning of d practical session and each of d 4 sections had d respective pathologist as HOD..The medlab scientist never neared d class room.
I also exhausted all aspects of parasitology in first year. So a doc is trained in both clinical n laboratory medicine.
it seems you still don't comprehend my point. Here at lautech, medlab scientists with only BMLS degree are technical officers when it comes to practicals while med lab scientists who have undergone further studies are lecturers. Even the HOD of medical microbiology dept at osogbo is a med lab scientist. You can confirm that if you're still in doubt. In fact, there are more lecturers with MLS degree in d dept of medmicro than doctors

2 Likes

Re: JOHESU Earns My Respect By Pharm(dr) Amukamara by Freddonance(m): 7:42am On Jun 04, 2018
bmlsbmls:

it seems you still don't comprehend my point. Here at lautech, medlab scientists with only BMLS degree are technical officers when it comes to practicals while med lab scientists who have undergone further studies are lecturers. Even the HOD of medical microbiology dept at osogbo is a med lab scientist. You can confirm that if you're still in doubt. In fact, there are more lecturers with MLS degree in d dept of medmicro than doctors

is that medsch accredited?? cos I know the requirement is pathologists should teach medical student in yr4.
Re: JOHESU Earns My Respect By Pharm(dr) Amukamara by bmlsbmls: 9:06am On Jun 04, 2018
Freddonance:

is that medsch accredited?? cos I know the requirement is pathologists should teach medical student in yr4.
Lautech's college of health science is both MDCN and MLSCN accredited, both with quota of 75 each. In fact, lautech's chs is one of the best in the country.
Re: JOHESU Earns My Respect By Pharm(dr) Amukamara by nelszx: 1:12pm On Jun 04, 2018
MrBigiman:

A consultant pharmacist in Nigeria is a liability. Outside the shores of this country he will be seen as a stupid person, allocating titles and portfolios that cannot compete on the global scale.
Quit throwing jabs at people. A Nigerian medical consultant is seen as a stupid person outside this shores, how can you explain the fact that a consultant in Nigeria (despite the noise) will travel outside the shores and starts working as a senior medical officer (who's deceiving who).

3 Likes

Re: JOHESU Earns My Respect By Pharm(dr) Amukamara by nelszx: 1:20pm On Jun 04, 2018
MrBigiman:

There is a Yahale Ahmed report, and Johesu are the only one kicking against its implementation. Sadly the same Johesu that is speaking about international best practice.

Truth be told, the health sector is Nigeria is not totally collapsed because of the Tenacity of the Doctor. If it was only Johesu, Nigeria would not have a health sector at all.

The way johesu kicked against Yayale Ahmed recommendation (2014) is same way the Onyebuchi Chukwu and NMA kicked against Alhaji Bello Gusau recommendation on same subject matter (2011). Both under the administration of Goodluck Jonathan. Because Gusau's recommendations didn't favour the NMA, they used their own in the HMH to set up another committee that birthed the Yayale Ahmed committee.

See these things are more political and we may not understand

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Earns My Respect By Pharm(dr) Amukamara by MrBigiman: 1:21pm On Jun 04, 2018
nelszx:

Quit throwing jabs at people. A Nigerian medical consultant is seen as a stupid person outside this shores, how can you explain the fact that a consultant in Nigeria (despite the noise) will travel outside the shores and starts working as a senior medical officer (who's deceiving who).

He can work as a senior medical officer abroad. Several psychiatrist left here and worked as senior medical officers in psychiatrist for a few years because Nigeria is a sht hole, that pays consultants peanuts, yet UK pays such a person almost 4,times more. They eventually write MRCP exams and FRCP exams and become consultants. These are the highest earners in the UK. How can that person be considered stupid, if not ur bitter personality.

Pharmacist go to the UK and have to do a 52 week revalidation course to even be considered to work. When they do so, they have to return to Nigeria and wait for COS and Visa which will not come because pharmacy is neighter in the shortage of occupation position nor is the salary enough for the highly skilled migrant pathway. He is not a stupid person, but his certificate is a liability there. The best he can do is do a master's, PhD, impregnate a white woman and keep buying time in another mans land and lying to people that he's a pharmacist in the UK.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JOHESU Earns My Respect By Pharm(dr) Amukamara by MrBigiman: 1:24pm On Jun 04, 2018
nelszx:

The way johesu kicked against Yayale Ahmed recommendation (2014) is same way the Onyebuchi Chukwu and NMA kicked against Alhaji Bello Gusau recommendation on same subject matter (2011). Both under the administration of Goodluck Jonathan. Because Gusau's recommendations didn't favour the NMA, they used their own in the HMH to set up another committee that birthed the Yayale Ahmed committee.

See these things are more political and we may not understand

Alhaji Bello Gusau was a known Johesu sympathizer. Yahale Ahmed was set up as a neutral body and sent all over the world to provide a working framework for our health sector. It's a shame Johesu won't quit playing cheap and dirty politics.

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Earns My Respect By Pharm(dr) Amukamara by nelszx: 1:34pm On Jun 04, 2018
MrBigiman:

He can work as a senior medical officer abroad. Several psychiatrist left here and worked as senior medical officers in psychiatrist for a few years because Nigeria is a sht hole, that pays consultants peanuts, yet UK pays such a person almost 4,times more. They eventually write MRCP exams and FRCP exams and become consultants. These are the highest earners in the UK. How can that person be considered stupid, if not ur bitter personality.

Pharmacist go to the UK and have to do a 52 week revalidation course to even be considered to work. When they do so, they have to return to Nigeria and wait for COS and Visa which will not come because pharmacy is neighter in the shortage of occupation position nor is the salary enough for the highly skilled migrant pathway. He is not a stupid person, but his certificate is a liability there. The best he can do is do a master's, PhD, impregnate a white woman and keep buying time in another mans land and lying to people that he's a pharmacist in the UK.

Funny guy
Re: JOHESU Earns My Respect By Pharm(dr) Amukamara by nelszx: 1:37pm On Jun 04, 2018
MrBigiman:

Alhaji Bello Gusau was a known Johesu sympathizer. Yahale Ahmed was set up as a neutral body and sent all over the world to provide a working framework for our health sector. It's a shame Johesu won't quit playing cheap and dirty politics.

Same way Johesu thinks Yayale Ahmed is a NMA sympathizer. So you see it's a two way street. How can there be 2 committees on same issue in same presidential era. Both ways it's political cos if NMA keeps fighting for the implementation of Yayale Ahmed recommendation, Johesu would be fighting too for the implementation of Bello Gusau recommendations.
Re: JOHESU Earns My Respect By Pharm(dr) Amukamara by TempoJames(m): 2:19pm On Jun 04, 2018
bmlsbmls:

I talk of classic schools and international best schools ..u r talking of lautech...which medical doctor will like to teach in technology school? All medical doctors teaching clinical courses are consultants and d medical school must be affiliated with a teaching hospital. uptill date, no medlab scientist nears d class room or is HOD of microbiology in college of medicine of UNN,UI,UniBen,OAU,All saints university, canada
Re: JOHESU Earns My Respect By Pharm(dr) Amukamara by Freddonance(m): 5:10pm On Jun 04, 2018
TempoJames:

I talk of classic schools and international best schools ..u r talking of lautech...which medical doctor will like to teach in technology school? All medical doctors teaching clinical courses are consultants and d medical school must be affiliated with a teaching hospital. uptill date, no medlab scientist nears d class room or is HOD of microbiology in college of medicine of UNN,UI,UniBen,OAU,All saints university, canada

Not just those.... every sch has similar structure except for logistic reasons
Re: JOHESU Earns My Respect By Pharm(dr) Amukamara by TempoJames(m): 6:10pm On Jun 04, 2018
Freddonance:

Not just those.... every sch has similar structure except for logistic reasons

You see the reason why a johesuite can never get to the helm of affairs,why one must not risk putting the health sector into johesu's hands n why they can never be same with medical doctors in terms of training,reasoning and strategies? How can you compare a medical school affiliated to a teaching hospital to a technology school? I guess uptill now u never knew that teaching hospital and consultants in d respective fields are WHO's major criteria for accreditation of medical schools.
Re: JOHESU Earns My Respect By Pharm(dr) Amukamara by MrBigiman: 6:38pm On Jun 04, 2018
TempoJames:

You see the reason why a johesuite can never get to the helm of affairs,why one must not risk putting the health sector into johesu's hands n why they can never be same with medical doctors in terms of training,reasoning and strategies? How can you compare a medical school affiliated to a teaching hospital to a technology school? I guess uptill now u never knew that teaching hospital and consultants in d respective fields are WHO's major criteria for accreditation of medical schools.

The guy is misyarning jare
Re: JOHESU Earns My Respect By Pharm(dr) Amukamara by bmlsbmls: 7:08pm On Jun 04, 2018
TempoJames:

being d HOD of medical microbiology is based on academic experiences. It has never and will never be for physicians alone. Pls, stop this over hyping of physicians, because that has been d reason for d problems in our health sector
Re: JOHESU Earns My Respect By Pharm(dr) Amukamara by Freddonance(m): 7:18pm On Jun 04, 2018
TempoJames:

I think you misunderstood me. I actually meant it is anomalous for a scientist to head a pathology department.

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Earns My Respect By Pharm(dr) Amukamara by bmlsbmls: 7:51pm On Jun 04, 2018
TempoJames:

lautech being a school of technology has its own teaching hospital
Re: JOHESU Earns My Respect By Pharm(dr) Amukamara by TempoJames(m): 9:48pm On Jun 04, 2018
bmlsbmls:

being d HOD of medical microbiology is based on academic experiences. It has never and will never be for physicians alone. Pls, stop this over hyping of physicians, because that has been d reason for d problems in our health sector

The oldest chief medlab I met at 4th yr has 22 yrs experience
..he is not HOD uptill date....
Re: JOHESU Earns My Respect By Pharm(dr) Amukamara by TempoJames(m): 9:56pm On Jun 04, 2018
bmlsbmls:

lautech being a school of technology has its own teaching hospital

ya it has but a medical doctor is the HOD! stop decieving d public.

Re: JOHESU Earns My Respect By Pharm(dr) Amukamara by bmlsbmls: 10:36pm On Jun 04, 2018
TempoJames:

no one is deceiving d public here. you're not even in the school. you're only talking based on what u checked on the webpage. For more clarity,what you said above is the teaching hospital's dept of med microbiology. No medical lab scientist works there sef. They have their own separate lab for routine tests. What I was trying to say is that dept of med microbiology that trains medical students b4 they get posted for clinicals is headed by a medical lab scientist who's even a professor
Re: JOHESU Earns My Respect By Pharm(dr) Amukamara by MrBigiman: 10:36pm On Jun 04, 2018
TempoJames:

Bro u didn't have to go that far. All through my medical school, the HOD is all the pathology Dept's for Medics have been Medical Doctors. I wonder what that dude seeks to gain.

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Earns My Respect By Pharm(dr) Amukamara by MrBigiman: 10:37pm On Jun 04, 2018
bmlsbmls:

no one is deceiving d public here. you're not even in the school. you're only talking based on what u checked on the webpage. For more clarity,what you said above is the teaching hospital's dept of med microbiology. No medical lab scientist works there sef. They have their own separate lab for routine tests. What I was trying to say is that dept of med microbiology that trains medical students b4 they get posted for clinicals is headed by a medical lab scientist who's even a professor

Rubbish. The website must be wrong.
Re: JOHESU Earns My Respect By Pharm(dr) Amukamara by bmlsbmls: 10:52pm On Jun 04, 2018
MrBigiman:

Rubbish. The website must be wrong.
the problem with most physicians especially when it comes to arguing on superiority is that they'll never talk about what's d truth. That website is the teaching hospital's webpage. I'm talking about lautech's dept of medical microbiology under d college of health science at IsaleOsun
Re: JOHESU Earns My Respect By Pharm(dr) Amukamara by bmlsbmls: 10:54pm On Jun 04, 2018
MrBigiman:

Bro u didn't have to go that far. All through my medical school, the HOD is all the pathology Dept's for Medics have been Medical Doctors. I wonder what that dude seeks to gain.
i think it's better not to talk about what you're not sure of
Re: JOHESU Earns My Respect By Pharm(dr) Amukamara by TempoJames(m): 11:12pm On Jun 04, 2018
bmlsbmls:

You talk nonsense! The HOD of department of medical microbiology Lautech is a Dr.!

Re: JOHESU Earns My Respect By Pharm(dr) Amukamara by TempoJames(m): 11:17pm On Jun 04, 2018
Their official school website

Re: JOHESU Earns My Respect By Pharm(dr) Amukamara by bmlsbmls: 11:18pm On Jun 04, 2018
TempoJames:

You talk nonsense! The HOD of department of medical microbiology Lautech is a Dr.!
mister, there's no need for insults. I wonder what kind of physician you are! can't you comprehend what I stated above. I said lautech's college of health science, not d teaching hospital
Re: JOHESU Earns My Respect By Pharm(dr) Amukamara by bmlsbmls: 11:19pm On Jun 04, 2018
TempoJames:
Their official school website
that's d official school's webpage. But did you see anything like d name of d HOD there??Only those in the system can understand all I've been saying
Re: JOHESU Earns My Respect By Pharm(dr) Amukamara by bmlsbmls: 11:22pm On Jun 04, 2018
TempoJames:

by d way, Opaleye is no longer d HOD. That was in 2016. Even Opaleye isn't a physician. He's a vet doctor
Re: JOHESU Earns My Respect By Pharm(dr) Amukamara by TempoJames(m): 11:26pm On Jun 04, 2018
bmlsbmls:
by d way, Opaleye is no longer d HOD. That was in 2016. Even Opaleye isn't a physician. He's a vet doctor

He was reelected 2018! check His papers on microbiological proceedures. I got it from d website. He signed as HOD 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7 Natural Birth Control Methods You Probably Didn’t Know / My Wife's Breasts Are Pissing Me Off / Lassa Fever Spreads To Osun, One Dead, 40 Isolated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.