Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,368 members, 7,812,054 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% (19377 Views)

Onne Port vessel traffic improves - Bello-Koko, MD NPA / Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel / Ben Ayade Kept Vigil At Calabar-Itu Boundary Between Akwa Ibom & Cross River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by Jaideyone(m): 11:03pm On Jun 02, 2018
Throwback:

How did Yorubas rule with Hausa for 52yrs?

Azikiwe was ceremonial president to Tarawa Balewa from 1960 to 1966. He was already governor general before then.

Alex Ekwueme was vice president to Shagari for 4 yrs from 1979 to 1983.

Aikhomu from Edo and SouthSouth was vice to Babangida from 1985 to 1993.

Akhigbe from Edo was vice to Abdulsalami for 11 months from 1998 to 1999.

Jonathan from Bayelsa was vice to Yar'Adua for 3yrs from 2007 to 2010, and president for 5yrs from 2010 to 2015.
ibos always want to remove themselves and their slave masters (the south south) when it's time to take responsibility for how we collectively ruined the country grin

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by bigfish3k: 11:05pm On Jun 02, 2018
Throwback:

How did Yorubas rule with Hausa for 52yrs?

Azikiwe was ceremonial president to Tarawa Balewa from 1960 to 1966. He was already governor general before then.

Alex Ekwueme was vice president to Shagari for 4 yrs from 1979 to 1983.

Aikhomu from Edo and SouthSouth was vice to Babangida from 1985 to 1993.

Akhigbe from Edo was vice to Abdulsalami for 11 months from 1998 to 1999.

Jonathan from Bayelsa was vice to Yar'Adua for 3yrs from 2007 to 2010, and president for 5yrs from 2010 to 2015.

VP is ineffective, they are spare tyres. u can see the good tidings in osinbajo but he cant implement it
ceremonial president is like VP, can only beg
Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by bigfish3k: 11:11pm On Jun 02, 2018
Jaideyone:
lie!!! a huge majority of your people call us fools and they just want to break up the country. yorubas are not against breaking up the country but ipob started out by insulting yorubas and calling for yorubas pastors eg kumuyi to be killed if he ever comes to the se. ipob saw us as the enemy instead of reaching out as friends!!!

u are just quoting Nnmadi kanu, kanu was just annoyed over past happenings and betrayals. in constitutional conferences we were with u people, in senate we were together with same goal, in house of reps, the same

btw, I don't see anything wrong in breaking up a country that hasn't worked for over 100yrs of its existence. 1914 till date

1 Like

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by Jaideyone(m): 11:15pm On Jun 02, 2018
bigfish3k:

u are just quoting Nnmadi kanu, kanu was just annoyed over past happenings and betrayals. in constitutional conferences we were with u people, in senate we were together with same goal, in house of reps, the same

btw, I don't see anything wrong in breaking up a country that hasn't worked for over 100yrs of its existence. 1914 till date
the same kanu majority of your people followed!!! I was in the east when the movement grew astronomically!!!
Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by Blue3k(m): 11:20pm On Jun 02, 2018
Seun360:

Ibom deep sea port at Ibaka.

Is anything actually going on there?

Is the road even motorable?

Abeg, no dey deceive una selves.

Im talking about when it's ready.

They arent at the construction phase from what ICRC website states. They still need to pick bidder. The state already startes the highway so the roads are goi g to get done at some point.

The Evaluation of Request For qualification (RfQ) took place 3rd-5th April, 2018.

The Evaluation Committee recommended and shortlisted the following applicants to proceed to the Request For Proposal (RFP) stage:

i.     China Road and Bridge Corporation (CRBC)

ii.     China Harbour Engineering Company Ltd. (CHEC)

iii.     Bollore Africa Logistics-PowerChina International Group Limited

Next step:

i.     Finalize RFP documents package

ii.     Notify short-listed applicants and issuance of RfP to the applicants.
Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by LaudableXX: 11:25pm On Jun 02, 2018
Throwback:
Even Diezani was once Transport minister under Yar'Adua.

True!! wink
Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by Kennydoc(m): 11:38pm On Jun 02, 2018
Throwback:

I often laugh when I read statements from Igbos lumping the SS with their SE problem of no port or low port patronage.

I know for a fact that Onne port in Rivers State is ever busy, despite the dip that was due to the reduced oil and gas industry projects owing to the oil price slump. The port is available for those who claim they want to deny Lagos IGR, as though it is Lagos state that is operating the federal ports there.

Ignorant people just love to make fallacious assertions having observed same fallacy regurgitated by many.

It is only in Nigeria that we believe every state or tribe must have international airport, or that every coastal state must have sea port. Even those landlocked from the sea are claiming that they must have riverport, and that the sea port in Lagos is the reason their goal to have a river port has not garnered any traction.

Most countries in the world barely have more than 2 or 3 international airports.

Most of our WestAfrican neighbours only have 1 international airport. Yet we have people that lament that Lagos and Abuja have international airports, as though it was not due to their capital status, and then claim they are being marginalized and deliberately underdeveloped.

Nigeria also operate international flights from international airports in Kano and Port Harcourt. So are those 4 international airports not enough for this country, and are they not evenly spread enough, or international airport must also be a federal character principle?

How viable have those other international airports been when they were eventually upgraded to assuage tribal parochialism?

Can you show me any other country with a population of over 150 million that has only 2 active international airports?

Igbos travel a lot. They are the most travelled Nigerians mostly for business. Apart from business, Igbos are basically everywhere in the world. For that reason, there is a good reason for a functional airport in the South East.

You also need to understand that the functionality of the South South Sea ports is mainly because of crude exports. Most of our crude oil leaves Nigeria thru Onne and Calabar ports but over 90% of the imports arrive thru Lagos ports, despite the fact that over ⅓ of those imported products are bound for South East and South South.

You can't take away that connection between South East and South South. Once the sea ports in the South South and the international airport in PH become fully functional, most Igbos doing business in the East will prefer to use them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by Kheney89: 11:42pm On Jun 02, 2018
LaudableXX:
Na wey dem dey? shocked All those that keep wailing that it is Lagos ports that want to kill the SS/SE ports, where are they to come and read this piece of news? So Calabar port is operational? You don't mean it! cheesy Amazing! This must be a miracle!
It's not working...Let no one decieve you. Why is Ayade asking the Fed govt to help dredge it port?
Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by oooduancalmdown: 11:46pm On Jun 02, 2018
Jaideyone:
you are a clown grin

what progress was reported in the ports under Jonathan? was it not during Obasanjo's government than the ports in the south south were placed under the care of intels? in what way did Jonathan improve activities at the ports? pls give me news reports to substantiate this claim.

btw you said Enugu airport was only 80% completed as at 2015 but Jonathan commissioned it back in 2013 grin

see

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/news/president-jonathan-commissions-remodeled-enugu-airport/

you mean he commissioned an uncompleted project two years before he completed his first term and you fell for his 419 scam? grin yet you are still blaming afonjas? grin

this is a thread where your people jubilates and insulted us in 2013 even when we told them your sister oduah did a poor job you said we were hating. see jubilation thread here

https://www.nairaland.com/1483155/remodeled-enugu-airport-pictures

see where people started complaining barely 2yrs later

https://www.nairaland.com/4140002/enugu-airport-disgraceful-airport-yet

https://www.nairaland.com/3126063/current-state-enugu-airport-runway

how you are still blaming afonjas instead of calling for your sister to be prosecuted is what is making me laugh right now grin
Why dis people blame Yorubas for everything is what I can't understand. GEJ was president for 5 years. Their daughter was aviatiom minister for 2 and half years. Another Ibo man from Anambra took over from her. These ibos have refuse to hold them accountable. Na Yoruba man wey never become Aviation minister for 10 years dem dey blame. This is one of the reasons I want this country to split. I am just tired of their blame game. They have refused to blame to hold the Hausa Fulanis for this.
I am just tired of this country. Let everybody just go their seperate ways.
Haaaa!!! O su mi

6 Likes

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by ernecy(m): 11:46pm On Jun 02, 2018
front4line:

Some of you Igbos are as brain dead as Zuma rock. With all you foolish clearing difficulty claim in Onne.

Do you know shipping lines have designated route that are economically viable and will definitely prefer that to new route just like airline ?

Do you know you can not fly directly from anywhere in Nigeria except to Joburg even though many airline offers that option. Same thing London USA etc.

Clearing in Onne is tedious so Yoruba should come n clear the difficulties for you ba ?

Why is the insecurity not affecting the 40% increase in activities just discovered in the port ? The thing is a FAILURE that you are will always seek excuse for it’s foolishness. That resonates among some many of your Igbos. Quit making excuses n if you can not stop being a kill joy.

No one will make Anamabra port or Enugu port functional for you. Your lazy ass kinsmen will have to get the bigoted lazy ass up and do the math to ensure it’s functional just like Elrufia did with Kaduna dry port. Move jobless Ipob to site instead them waste their pathetic lives away. That should help.

you don't need to insult people to make your point, try and control your emotions, that's an indication of maturity.
Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by LaudableXX: 11:52pm On Jun 02, 2018
Kheney89:
It's not working...Let no one decieve you. Why is Ayade asking the Fed govt to help dredge it port?
So how did they record an increase of 40% in the number of vessels that call at Calabar port? How come they have been receiving liquid cargo? And how come according to the Port Manager, "consultations with port management and investors had resulted in the exportation of 54,530 metric tonnes of cement from the Calabar Port to the Port of Tema in Ghana by Lafarge Africa in the fourth quarter of 2017?"

Are you saying all these things did not happen? shocked

2 Likes

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by LaudableXX: 11:56pm On Jun 02, 2018
Kennydoc:
Can you show me any other country with a population of over 150 million that has only 2 active international airports?

Igbos travel a lot. They are the most travelled Nigerians mostly for business. Apart from business, Igbos are basically everywhere in the world. For that reason, there is a good reason for a functional airport in the South East.

You also need to understand that the functionality of the South South Sea ports is mainly because of crude exports. Most of our crude oil leaves Nigeria thru Onne and Calabar ports but over 90% of the imports arrive thru Lagos ports, despite the fact that over ⅓ of those imported products are bound for South East and South South.

You can't take away that connection between South East and South South. Once the sea ports in the South South and the international airport in PH become fully functional, most Igbos doing business in the East will prefer to use them.

When was the last time you visited Onne ports? Cars, cement, household furniture and even all kinds of equipment are imported through Onne port every single day. Please check. The facts are in public domain. It all depends on the choice of the importer, which port to use.

The Port-harcourt airport is also operational, just like Enugu International Airport. International flights go on there. So there are 5 international airports in the country and not just 2, like you claimed.

cc: erico2k2

3 Likes

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by winnah(f): 12:05am On Jun 03, 2018
Throwback:

I often laugh when I read statements from Igbos lumping the SS with their SE problem of no port or low port patronage.

I know for a fact that Onne port in Rivers State is ever busy, despite the dip that was due to the reduced oil and gas industry projects owing to the oil price slump. The port is available for those who claim they want to deny Lagos IGR, as though it is Lagos state that is operating the federal ports there.

Ignorant people just love to make fallacious assertions having observed same fallacy regurgitated by many.

It is only in Nigeria that we believe every state or tribe must have international airport, or that every coastal state must have sea port. Even those landlocked from the sea are claiming that they must have riverport, and that the sea port in Lagos is the reason their goal to have a river port has not garnered any traction.

Most countries in the world barely have more than 2 or 3 international airports.

Most of our WestAfrican neighbours only have 1 international airport. Yet we have people that lament that Lagos and Abuja have international airports, as though it was not due to their capital status, and then claim they are being marginalized and deliberately underdeveloped.

Nigeria also operate international flights from international airports in Kano and Port Harcourt. So are those 4 international airports not enough for this country, and are they not evenly spread enough, or international airport must also be a federal character principle?

How viable have those other international airports been when they were eventually upgraded to assuage tribal parochialism?

what is the economy benefit of having only one functional seaport in a country like Nigeria.

if calabar and onne port in rivers state could be as functional as Lagos port.

can u picture the great economy benefit that will follow.
Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by front2line: 1:14am On Jun 03, 2018
winnah:

what is the economy benefit of having only one functional seaport in a country like Nigeria.

If person talk they will say someone should find a polite way to get his point across but with all due respect do you expect Lagos port to stand still so other port after it will catch up with it ? Why do many of your Igbos chose to be deliberately foolish just to be a tribal bigot ? Why ?!

5 Likes

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by LaudableXX: 1:56am On Jun 03, 2018
winnah:

Who told you Onne port is not as functional as Lagos seaport? shocked

2 Likes

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by upokafor(m): 2:28am On Jun 03, 2018
front4line:

Some of you Igbos are as brain dead as Zuma rock. With all you foolish clearing difficulty claim in Onne.

Do you know shipping lines have designated route that are economically viable and will definitely prefer that to new route just like airline ?

Do you know you can not fly directly from anywhere in Nigeria except to Joburg even though many airline offers that option. Same thing London USA etc.

Clearing in Onne is tedious so Yoruba should come n clear the difficulties for you ba ?

Why is the insecurity not affecting the 40% increase in activities just discovered in the port ? The thing is a FAILURE that you are will always seek excuse for it’s foolishness. That resonates among some many of your Igbos. Quit making excuses n if you can not stop being a kill joy.

No one will make Anamabra port or Enugu port functional for you. Your lazy ass kinsmen will have to get the bigoted lazy ass up and do the math to ensure it’s functional just like Elrufia did with Kaduna dry port. Move jobless Ipob to site instead them waste their pathetic lives away. That should help.

Come, make I ask. Igbo man steal your girlfriend?

If you are a woman, did an Igbo man promise you something and later failed you?

I ask because our your public display of hatred

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by Jaideyone(m): 3:07am On Jun 03, 2018
winnah:

some of you don't just get it. you think if the north can redirect the flights going to Lagos it wouldn't have been done?

as the government you can build the bus parks but you can't force private buses (airlines) to use a particular park when the traffic there is low. traffic is the main problem those other ports are having!!! it's no the government's fault the traffic for those ports are low. your people in the east you start using them more

2 Likes

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by Jaideyone(m): 3:09am On Jun 03, 2018
upokafor:

Come, make I ask. Igbo man steal your girlfriend?

If you are a woman, did an Igbo man promise you something and later failed you?

I ask because our your public display of hatred
oga ade stop making a fool of yourself. it's common knowledge all your brothers here blame yorubas for lack of traffic at your ports and airports as if it's our duty to force your people to use their own ports. go through the first few pages and see the opinion of your deluded brothers before you start asking mumu questions

4 Likes

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by patrickmuf(m): 4:20am On Jun 03, 2018
I took this picture of a vessel at the Calabar Port sometime late last year...

1 Like

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by safetyInspector(m): 4:36am On Jun 03, 2018
[/quote]
Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by safetyInspector(m): 4:38am On Jun 03, 2018
I hope that you are not brain dead. What is the meaning of this statement?
front4line:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by Kaiser94(m): 5:20am On Jun 03, 2018
Throwback:

This is a very intelligent rejoinder to all the unfounded and baseless rantings being bandied about on the internet by some unscrupulous elements from the south eastern part of my beloved country... I've always looked on in utter shock when I see some comments about national affairs here on nairaland, this is inimical to the growth of the nation.. I sincerely hope that some day our brothers and sisters will look beyond their selfish interest nd help to grow this country.

5 Likes

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by trapQ: 5:55am On Jun 03, 2018
I think you're very daft. How is correcting an obvious misconception wailing? When and where did I blame Yoruba or any other tribe for the reality on ground? Also where did I mention anything about hate for Yoruba?
You obviously think I'm Igbo hence the reason for your sentiment and don't bother to reply as I wouldn't wanna lose IQ points arguing with a dunce like you.
front2line:

and wailing about the shortcoming is the remedy ?

Is the Apapa port not shallow compared to ports from neighbouring countries ? How does Lagos do it n not wail NL to death over it ?

What about the persistent grindlock n now complete damage of the port road ? Did the Yoruba wail Ebele to the grave when he refused to fix the road ?

Didn't they lick their wound n get someone that can do the job ? Why do your kinsmen believe those you hate deserve to fix your problems while those you love were never held accountable for not fixing the exact same problem ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by front2line: 6:11am On Jun 03, 2018
trapQ:
I think you're very daft. How is correcting an obvious misconception wailing? When and where did I blame Yoruba or any other tribe for the reality on ground? Also where did I mention anything about hate for Yoruba?
[b]You obviously think I'm Igbo [/b]hence the reason for your sentiment and don't bother to reply as I wouldn't wanna lose IQ points arguing with a dunce like you.

Your response gave you away. I never said you are.

4 Likes

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by hisgrace090: 6:45am On Jun 03, 2018
front2line:

and wailing about the shortcoming is the remedy ?

Is the Apapa port not shallow compared to ports from neighbouring countries ? How does Lagos do it n not wail NL to death over it ?

What about the persistent grindlock n now complete damage of the port road ? Did the Yoruba wail Ebele to the grave when he refused to fix the road ?

Didn't they lick their wound n get someone that can do the job ? Why do your kinsmen believe those you hate deserve to fix your problems while those you love were never held accountable for not fixing the exact same problem ?

Your sense of reasoning marvels me dough I'm an igbo man.

2 Likes

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by NPComplete: 6:49am On Jun 03, 2018
front2line:

If person talk they will say someone should find a polite way to get his point across but with all due respect do you expect Lagos port to stand still so other port after it will catch up with it ? Why do many of your Igbos chose to be deliberately foolish just to be a tribal bigot ? Why ?!

This is the problem with most of you on Nairaland. Your hate for other people cannot make u see well. The man isn't even arguing that Lagos port should stand still. He is countering Throwback's argument that one sea port is enough. The man is saying that more sea ports can be economically beneficial.
But ur prejudice and hate has read other meanings into it and has started calling him Igbo. You can't deny that the sole purpose of this your thread is not to engage in any intellectual discussion but to fuel hate like most of u do on Nairaland.
I am expecting u to call me Igbo too and start throwing insults. SMH

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by trapQ: 6:57am On Jun 03, 2018
I really don't like it when people say what they don't know. Port Harcourt airport doesn't have the international status that Lagos has. It looks like youve never left your village before. Just so you know, Turkish air, Qatar airways and all the other aviation giants do not take off nor land in Port Harcourt. Imagine a popular destination like Dubai, only two airlines fly there from PH, AirFrance and Lufthansa air and they are almost double the price of other airlines. Also you cannot fly directly from most countries to PH.
Throwback:

Your own problem is that you believe your village must have an international airport so you would not need to do any local travel. Same way state governments are all engaging in white elephant projects of building airports that are useless.

Is there no international airport in Port Harcourt. If you hate Lagos so much, who has prevented you and the airlines from flying through Port-Harcourt?

I already mentioned that there are 2 viable international airports in the North and 2 in the South. So why then are you suggesting that Kano be shut down so that you have only 1 in the North and 3 in the South?

Why didn't you suggest that the one in PortHarcourt be closed down so another can be opened in your village?

Even the most active airports are all in cosmopolitan cities and serve all Nigerians.

The ones that already exist, has the federal government managed it well?

Who ever said each region must have international airport?The ones available are already well spread.

Now that you have an international airport in Enugu, why are you still lamenting? If it is not viable, whose fault is it?

Finally, what stopped a Southerner Jonathan from attending to your grievances in a government that Igbos dominated?

2 Likes

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by front2line: 7:41am On Jun 03, 2018
NPComplete:

This is the problem with most of you on Nairaland. Your hate for other people cannot make u see well. The man isn't even arguing that Lagos port should stand still. He is countering Throwback's argument that one sea port is enough. The man is saying that more sea ports can be economically beneficial.
But ur prejudice and hate has read other meanings into it and has started calling him Igbo. You can't deny that the sole purpose of this your thread is not to engage in any intellectual discussion but to fuel hate like most of u do on Nairaland.
I am expecting u to call me Igbo too and start throwing insults. SMH

How many ports do we have in Nigeria now ? If you add the dry port to it how many will that be ?

The sole purpose of the thread is to expose the lies by most Igbo that only Lagos port is functional. Now, if that is being prejudicial am sorry I can not help that, the lies told over the years by many Igbos fuelled that.

As for calling anyone Igbo is that a crime or you are simply being delusional ? I care less if you are a Jew too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by don4real18(m): 8:03am On Jun 03, 2018
clarocuzioo:
When I read people's comment on this forum, I weep for the future of this country. People will stay in Lagos say what they know nothing about.
The issue of ports and borders has been on for discuss for so for some time now and I have seen people commenting ignorantly. Am sure a greater percentage of them have not really imported any thing to understand the mechanism, technicalities and systematic politics associated with these ports.
First, I want to remind people of a comment Fashola made when Dangote was about to start the reconstruction of Apapa road where he said other ports in the country should be used. It's no disputable fact that over 80% of imports through sea in this country comes from Lagos,thus making Apapa local government one of the richest local govt because of its revenue generation.

Not until recently, activities in Onne port was brought to ground zero, my family is into importation business in Aba and I know the systematic politics that plays out. There was a time importers in Aba has to contribute over #170m for sorting for them to resume their businesses. There will be a time that no goods will be cleared for over one month, imagine the demurrage that will accrue.
Clearing in Onne seaport is so tedious unlike In Apapa as we have used the both ports. Go and check it most cars are always cleared in Apapa, even the cars that will be used in the south south and South east region.

The transport minister once said that insecurity is why the reason why ports in the south south are not functional. First this is an admittance that the ports in South south are not functioning optimally, yet it is also an indictment on the government for not providing enough security as it is the government's primary responsibility.

If we really want to move on as one, we have to stop these petty politics.
It is not as a result of the government not providing enough security but as a result of the high level of violence by the people in the region.
The last time the government sent in troops, it was politicised by the opposition over there and even your so-called elders were providing shelters for the criminals

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by Throwback: 10:17am On Jun 03, 2018
trapQ:
I really don't like it when people say what they don't know. Port Harcourt airport doesn't have the international status that Lagos has. It looks like youve never left your village before. Just so you know, Turkish air, Qatar airways and all the other aviation giants do not take off nor land in Port Harcourt. Imagine a popular destination like Dubai, only two airlines fly there from PH, AirFrance and Lufthansa air and they are almost double the price of other airlines. Also you cannot fly directly from most countries to PH.

Pray tell who has made other international airports not viable to these foreign airlines and international routes?

Are those airlines run by Yorubas or Northerners?

And has the presidency of Nigeria and the transport/aviation ministry and relevant agencies, been the sole preserve of the North or Yoruba's?
Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by Anambralstson: 10:37am On Jun 03, 2018
don4real18:

It is not as a result of the government not providing enough security but as a result of the high level of violence by the people in the region.
The last time the government sent in troops, it was politicised by the opposition over there and even your so-called elders were providing shelters for the criminals
See the rubbish you just typed as if your region is safe, may be I should remind you that southwest top in crime report in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by Ejanla07: 12:20pm On Jun 03, 2018
She said, “The liquid bulk has increased due to the fact that for now, Calabar becomes the only outlet to make distribution to other locations that are connected to this axis. Ours is the only port that opens to the North East of Nigeria; so they are using Calabar as a base to distribute petroleum products.”

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ISWAP Terrorists Attack Military Base In Askira/Uba, Borno State / Guber Primaries: Tough Battles In Oyo, Sokoto, Rivers’ APC As Delegates Vote / Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.