Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,826 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% (19374 Views)

Onne Port vessel traffic improves - Bello-Koko, MD NPA / Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel / Ben Ayade Kept Vigil At Calabar-Itu Boundary Between Akwa Ibom & Cross River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by solidifi: 12:31pm On Jun 03, 2018
People should try and verify issues before commenting
Calabar sea port is NOT as busy or operational as this woman has put it across.
Remember this woman is a candidate of APC, Buhari and his daura brothers, and Laid Mohammed.
There's. NO single container vessel that comes to calabar sea port.
The only vessels that come there are few petroleum products vessels that service the Tank Farms in Calabar, the remaining few are for Danote businesses as usual.

This is why things are very expensive in Calabar, and their so-called Tinapa cannot function. There's NO goods exportation or importation taking place in Calabar.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by Tundeobama(m): 12:34pm On Jun 03, 2018
common sence should tell any hater that reason Lagos airport and sea port is more busy is because of population and industry.any states who has population and close to mega cities can also attract what Lagos attract.

3 Likes

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by zuchyblink(m): 1:01pm On Jun 03, 2018
U guys should pls use Una brain. The port is not open for everybody just for importation of petroleum products and exportation of cement by lafarge. The common man cannot import through there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by Kennydoc(m): 2:41pm On Jun 03, 2018
LaudableXX:

When was the last time you visited Onne ports? Cars, cement, household furniture and even all kinds of equipment are imported through Onne port every single day. Please check. The facts are in public domain. It all depends on the choice of the importer, which port to use.

The Port-harcourt airport is also operational, just like Enugu International Airport. International flights go on there. So there are 4 international airports in the country and not just 2, like you claimed.

cc: erico2k2

What's the volume of imports thru Onne port? It doesn't even handle up to a tenth of the imports thru Tin Can Port, and that's even the most functional port in the South South. Much of the activities that happen at Onne are crude exports. The imports there are very limited.
Lagosians complain of congestion at Apapa axis, yet the NPA and the FG doesn't want to give a boost to other ports to free Lagos. Or you think that if the South East importers had their way, they still be importing thru Lagos and spend millions hauling the goods all the way to the South East?

Talking about Airports, which airlines take off and land in PH and Enugu for international flights? How many destinations outside Nigeria can you go to straight from both airports? Enugu was even Stella Oduah that upgraded it otherwise it would have remained a local airport.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by erico2k2(m): 2:44pm On Jun 03, 2018
winnah:

what is the economy benefit of having only one functional seaport in a country like Nigeria.

if calabar and onne port in rivers state could be as functional as Lagos port.

can u picture the great economy benefit that will follow.
Plz send me your bank account, i can send you £50 so you can travel to Onne port and see 1st hand scontainer vessel as we speak bringing imports as we speak, young man you have the internet stop making yourself look stewpid on line,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by erico2k2(m): 2:49pm On Jun 03, 2018
Kennydoc:

What's the volume of imports thru Onne port? It doesn't even handle up to a tenth of the imports thru Tin Can Port, and that's even the most functional port in the South South. Much of the activities that happen at Onne are crude exports. The imports there are very limited.
Lagosians complain of congestion at Apapa axis, yet the NPA and the FG doesn't want to give a boost to other ports to free Lagos. Or you think that if the South East importers had their way, they still be importing thru Lagos and spend millions hauling the goods all the way to the South East?

Talking about Airports, which airlines take off and land in PH and Enugu for international flights? How many destinations outside Nigeria can you go to straight from both airports? Enugu was even Stella Oduah that upgraded it otherwise it would have remained a local airport.
you are an Embarrasment for people who seek to learn or earn info vis research!.
three big Airpiners land and take off from PHC internationaly daily 365 days of the year, I even arrived on a christmas day one time.I just weak at the lack of knowledge you guys potray on here, like seriously Im shocked to say the least! all you have to do is go on one of them booking sites ie lastminute.com,skyscanner.co.uk and pretend to book a flight from any EU country to PHC and see howmany flights comes up, go to PHC Airport @ 7pm daily and see for yourself. now Air france, KLM, and Lufhtanza currently ply that route daily from USA and the whole of the Eu and UK
PS Una nor get airfare to go Accra una go jst come here type lubish mtcheeeew

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by erico2k2(m): 2:51pm On Jun 03, 2018
zuchyblink:
U guys should pls use Una brain. The port is not open for everybody just for importation of petroleum products and exportation of cement by lafarge. The common man cannot import through there.
I have not been to calabar port but Im very sure you aint either,I have done containers fru Onne.
As we speak one cargo ship is at the port link here
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/data/?asset_type=expected_arrivals&columns=shipname,recognized_next_port,reported_eta,arrived,show_on_live_map,dwt,ship_type&recognized_next_port_in|begins|CALABAR|recognized_next_port_in=1163

2 Likes

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by Blue3k(m): 3:35pm On Jun 03, 2018
erico2k2:

you are an Embarrasment for people who seek to learn or earn info vis research!.
three big Airpiners land and take off from PHC internationaly daily 365 days of the year, I even arrived on a christmas day one time.I just weak at the lack of knowledge you guys potray on here, like seriously Im shocked to say the least! all you have to do is go on one of them booking sites ie lastminute.com,skyscanner.co.uk and pretend to book a flight from any EU country to PHC and see howmany flights comes up, go to PHC Airport @ 7pm daily and see for yourself. nowit Air france, KLM, and Lufhtanza currently ply that route daily from USA and thw whole of the Eu and UK

These guys are something else. Their browers must not come with search engines. I land in Port Harcourt when I'm traveling from Dallas. I have to connect to either Frankfurt or Paris. The sad thing is my final destination is Akwa Ibom. The state government erroneously calls that airport an international airport. I've search web and havent seen an international flight.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by Kennydoc(m): 3:40pm On Jun 03, 2018
erico2k2:

three big Airpiners land and take off from PHC internationaly daily 365 days of the year, I even arrived on a christmas day one time.I just weak at the lack of knowledge you guys potray on here, like seriously Im shocked to say the least! all you have to do is go on one of them booking sites ie lastminute.com,skyscanner.co.uk and pretend to book a flight from any EU country to PHC and see howmany flights comes up, go to PHC Airport @ 7pm daily and see for yourself. nowit Air france, KLM, and Lufhtanza currently ply that route daily from USA and thw whole of the Eu and UK

Please let's not give ourselves reasons to abuse ourselves here, alright. Let's be civil. Mind your words and the tone of your responses. I equally live in Europe, so let's not make any noise about that.

It's a big shame that you have stepped your feet outside Nigeria and still sound so rude and uncultured. I asked about how many airlines that take off and land in PH and Enugu. Did I say there are no international flights from both destinations? At least Ethiopian Airlines take off from and land at Enugu. Don't know much about how PH works, but I know there are few airlines from both destinations. I only know the volume of flights are not significant.
You would have simply made your point without being insultive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by LaudableXX: 4:06pm On Jun 03, 2018
Kennydoc:
What's the volume of imports thru Onne port? It doesn't even handle up to a tenth of the imports thru Tin Can Port, and that's even the most functional port in the South South. Much of the activities that happen at Onne are crude exports. The imports there are very limited. Lagosians complain of congestion at Apapa axis, yet the NPA and the FG doesn't want to give a boost to other ports to free Lagos. Or you think that if the South East importers had their way, they still be importing thru Lagos and spend millions hauling the goods all the way to the South East?

No sir. sad You obviously have not visited Onne ports in recent times. Take a trip down there and you will be shocked at the volume of activities going on. Saying that it doesn't handle up to a tenth of imports that come through Tin Can, is not just an exaggeration, but patently untrue.

In Q1 2017, 249 vessels called at Apapa port with a gross registered tonnage of 7,590,271MT. 335 vessels berthed at Tin Can Ports with a gross registered tonnage of 9,949,445MT. During the same period, 154 vessels berthed at Onne port with a gross registered tonnage of 9,966,204MT. This figure excludes crude cargo. Similar figures were recorded for Q2 in 2017. Onne port's gross registered tonnage increased to 10,990,311 from 184 vessels. This exceeded the gross registered tonnage recorded by Tin-Can port during the same period which was 10,109,158MT.

You can get the details here: http://nigerianports.gov.ng/ports-statistics/. Figures for 2018, have not been posted yet, but I expect to see this trend continue.

Yes, there is congestion at Apapa ports. Why? Because many importers prefer to consign their goods to Apapa, instead of Onne. If more importers started using Onne, the congestion would reduce at Apapa. It is all a matter of preference. It just appears as if the southeast importers just prefer Lagos. wink

As for Port-harcourt airport and Enugu international airport, foreign airlines use both airports. Ethiopian airline runs international flights to Dubai and other Asian countries from Enugu airport, with a stop over in Addis Ababa. Lufthansa, Air France and Emirates operate international flights from Port-harcourt airport. undecided

Blue3k:
These guys are something else. Their browers must not come with search engines. I land in Port Harcourt when I'm traveling from Dallas. I have to connect to either Frankfurt or Paris. The sad thing is my final destination is Akwa Ibom. The state government erroneously calls that airport an international airport. I've search web and havent seen an international flight.
Thanks for the info. wink

erico2k2:

three big Airpiners land and take off from PHC internationaly daily 365 days of the year, I even arrived on a christmas day one time. I just weak at the lack of knowledge you guys potray on here, like seriously Im shocked to say the least! all you have to do is go on one of them booking sites ie lastminute.com,skyscanner.co.uk and pretend to book a flight from any EU country to PHC and see howmany flights comes up, go to PHC Airport @ 7pm daily and see for yourself. nowit Air france, KLM, and Lufhtanza currently ply that route daily from USA and thw whole of the Eu and UK

Thank you, o! cheesy My boss prefers to go through PHC Airport, whenever he travels abroad, because it gives him an opportunity to stopover in GRA Port-harcourt to see his family, before boarding his flight. He lives in Abuja. There is an international airport in Abuja, but he always prefers to route his trips through PHC for this reason. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by LaudableXX: 4:16pm On Jun 03, 2018
zuchyblink:

Very untrue! shocked how can you say such things? Onne port was thrown open for the importation of all kinds of cargo a few years back, and you can import anything through Onne, even as we speak. So please stop trying to mislead people. Have you used the port before?

cc: erico2k2

3 Likes

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by erico2k2(m): 5:39pm On Jun 03, 2018
Blue3k:

Im telling you, very embarassing, one of them is even talking about them live in Europe as if that has to do with anything for all I car you can live in the moon, but that does not change the fact that you was cluelless about whats going on in ur backyard.Yes i too go to frankfurt and join the big 747, this was how I knew you yanks go fru this root.Im very sure if the PHC have re-fuelling facility of which they stop at ABJ to do for 45 mins, they will get more patronage,I believe we will get there soon.do you remeber how the departure lounge use to look like? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by erico2k2(m): 5:41pm On Jun 03, 2018
Kennydoc:

Please let's not give ourselves reasons to abuse ourselves here, alright. Let's be civil. Mind your words and the tone of your responses. I equally live in Europe, so let's not make any noise about that.

It's a big shame that you have stepped your feet outside Nigeria and still sound so rude and uncultured. I asked about how many airlines that take off and land in PH and Enugu. Did I say there are no international flights from both destinations? At least Ethiopian Airlines take off from and land at Enugu. Don't know much about how PH works, but I know there are few airlines from both destinations. I only know the volume of flights are not significant.
You would have simply made your point without being insultive.
Bross U know U know, if U nor know U nor know, You yab U yab all these plenty grammer U blow up there nah 4 ur pocket, the bottom line is you F up on this occasion simple.

2 Likes

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by bigfish3k: 6:26pm On Jun 03, 2018
Jaideyone:
the same kanu majority of your people followed!!! I was in the east when the movement grew astronomically!!!

yes naa, with the kind biased constitution
igbos will follow anybody that wants to pull them out of Nigeria
if am lying , let the FG inshrine referendum in the constitution and conduct it in the east
and see whether we would not break away

so such a crowd is expected

1 Like

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by trapQ: 8:48pm On Jun 03, 2018
Where have you seen me putting the blame on Yorubas or Northerners? Stop assuming so because i never did. I have stated facts which if you're in doubt you can try to find out by opting to use the PH intl airport for your international travels.
Throwback:

Pray tell who has made other international airports not viable to these foreign airlines and international routes?

Are those airlines run by Yorubas or Northerners?

And has the presidency of Nigeria and the transport/aviation ministry and relevant agencies, been the sole preserve of the North or Yoruba's?

1 Like

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by trapQ: 8:50pm On Jun 03, 2018
That's your problem. Everyone is entitled to their assumptions, not facts. Plus your previous comment implied so.
front2line:

Your response gave you away. I never said you are.
Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by eyinjuege: 10:33pm On Jun 03, 2018
This thread is quite educative. Please, stop throwing insults around.
Those that didn't know about the available services at the seaports and airports in the eastern region now know. They should spread the word to their friends who travel and who are into importing.
Of course I expect such friends to do due diligence also, and find out more information about the logistics

2 Likes

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by LaudableXX: 10:57pm On Jun 03, 2018
trapQ:
I really don't like it when people say what they don't know. Port Harcourt airport doesn't have the international status that Lagos has. It looks like youve never left your village before. Just so you know, Turkish air, Qatar airways and all the other aviation giants do not take off nor land in Port Harcourt. Imagine a popular destination like Dubai, only two airlines fly there from PH, AirFrance and Lufthansa air and they are almost double the price of other airlines. Also you cannot fly directly from most countries to PH.

Guy, please withdraw this statement so that people will not laugh at you. sad Once an airport accepts international flights, so that foreign airlines can take-off and land there on a regular scheduled basis, then it is designated as an international airport. It has to meet ICAO standards, for such foreign airlines to operate there. undecided So this your claim that "Port Harcourt airport doesn't have the international status that Lagos has," is baseless. One airport is NOT more international than the other.

Thank God, someone just confirmed that you can fly from Frankfurt directly to PHC, and you can also fly from PHC airport to various EU destinations, as well as into the US, with a stopover in an European capital. undecided Please crosscheck. From Akanu Ibiam International Airport in Enugu, you can fly to Dubai and various Asian countries, using Ethiopian airlines.

Since November 2017 we’ve witnessed an upsurge of movement in and out of Enugu, and its rather surprising because by this time one should be expecting a down turn after the Christmas, but instead it has been on the increase. The Ethiopian airline now brings an aircraft that carry 300 passengers at a time, three times a week, so if we hadn’t started practicing avoidance of all corrupt practices and other things that were scaring passengers away or hampering movement, people won’t actually be interested here, they would either go to Lagos or any other airport.

But if you come to the airport every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday to watch for yourself, you will see there is smooth flow of movement. Then all the agencies were united in one accord to ensure that we do the right things because if we do the right things, passengers will come, the economy will grow and it will affect everybody positively.

What are you doing to attract more international airlines since it’s only one that flies Enugu presently?

We will attract them because we are setting facilities critical to the airport, that need to be put in place to attract them. For instance water supply to the airport is not adequate, we actually need an independent water supply system so as to ensure that our fire fighting vehicles get quickly replenished if we have fire incidence.

Information is key and everybody knows what we don’t have yet, and that’s why more airlines are not coming. As soon as we get that one done, I am sure they will come. Secondly the terminal building we have at the moment is being managed for international and domestic flights, and it’s not sufficient. The new international terminal building will be completed in the next 18 months, and there is also provision for at least three international airlines to be processed at a time.

As we speak now, if I have three international airlines to process at the same time it will be chaotic, because the halls are not big enough to handle that. So it’s a blessing in disguise they are not coming yet.....

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/05/one-intl-airline-operates-enugu-airport-mgbemena-airport-mgr/
Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by winnah(f): 5:38pm On Jun 04, 2018
erico2k2:

Plz send me your bank account, i can send you £50 so you can travel to Onne port and see 1st hand scontainer vessel as we speak bringing imports as we speak, young man you have the internet stop making yourself look stewpid on line,

don't always be laid by the egocentricity of the African man. your stupidity is over 100%

in my last post which you ignorantly and stupidly quoted me, i said, "if onne and ibaka deep seaport could be as functional as Lagos seaport things will get more better and the traffic congestion in Lagos port will reduce". i never said that the port is not functional. but the state of the port is as good as not been functional. all thanks to the present management i leave in port Harcourt and in several times we have cleared our shipment from that port. can u compare the facility of Lagos port and onne port.

the closes u can get to ur source/ fact is internet. I applaud u to come over and see or clear ur goods either from onne or ibaka deep sea port.

1 Like

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by erico2k2(m): 5:48pm On Jun 04, 2018
winnah:

don't always be laid by the egocentricity of the African man. your stupidity is over 100%

in my last post which you ignorantly and stupidly quoted me, i said, "if onne and ibaka deep seaport could be as functional as Lagos seaport things will get more better and the traffic congestion in Lagos port will reduce". i never said that the port is not functional. but the state of the port is as good as not been functional. all thanks to the present management i leave in port Harcourt and in several times we have cleared our shipment from that port. can u compare the facility of Lagos port and onne port.

the closes u can get to ur source/ fact is internet. I applaud u to come over and see or clear ur goods either from onne or ibaka deep sea port.
Again you excitment of learning few thing by hearsay keep exposing you mega stupidity on line,There was a post in the past on this issue when Onne port came out as THE MOST EFFICIENT PORT IN nIGERIA FOR THE SIMPLE REASON ITS A PRIVATE PORT, I have already shipped containers there more than three times.The Port is as functional as it can be in its own right,It even handles JOBS[/b]the lagos sea port cant handle.The vast majority of people in the SS and SE who's Biz interest is limited to Delta,Bayelsa,Rivers,Cross Rivers use it.people from Edo state wont need to cos Lagos seems proxy to them.If U dnt know U better sharaaaap and Learnno need coming here to pose and B who U aint.[b]Plz go back to complete you screeding trade! mtcheeew

2 Likes

Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by winnah(f): 5:50pm On Jun 04, 2018
front2line:

If person talk they will say someone should find a polite way to get his point across but with all due respect do you expect Lagos port to stand still so other port after it will catch up with it ? Why do many of your Igbos chose to be deliberately foolish just to be a tribal bigot ? Why ?!

i wouldn't want to exchange word. sir my company make use of this port as frequent. and we have use the both port and i can tell u the difference. the port facility is as poor as hmmmmmm. the poor management of these port and the low funding. Ibaka deep sea port over time, the government as proposed to draige the port and equipped it. ask me if they have done anything. i have no problem with or against Lagos port.
Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by winnah(f): 6:12pm On Jun 04, 2018
erico2k2:

Again you excitment of learning few thing by hearsay keep exposing you mega stupidity on line,There was a post in the past on this issue when Onne port came out as THE MOST EFFICIENT PORT IN nIGERIA FOR THE SIMPLE REASON ITS A PRIVATE PORT, I have already shipped containers there more than three times.The Port is as functional as it can be in its own right,It even handles JOBS[/b]the lagos sea port cant handle.The vast majority of people in the SS and SE who's Biz interest is limited to Delta,Bayelsa,Rivers,Cross Rivers use it.people from Edo state wont need to cos Lagos seems proxy to them.If U dnt know U better sharaaaap and Learnno need coming here to pose and B who U aint.[b]Plz go back to complete you screeding trade! mtcheeew

what took you to the port young man.
i hate doing this. if the government of rivers state as previously published that the port is as functional as how u claim fine.
take a little time and visit http://www.trueblueenergy.com/. we lift a lot of heavy duty consignment from the both port and i can tell u what u need to know. i dont know and i dont care if you have use the both port including Ibaka deep sea port and if ur honest enough i will say the truth. there have been a lot of great reform in onne port no doubt about that. i give that credit to the present management of the port.

Best regards.
Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by LaudableXX: 6:19pm On Jun 04, 2018
winnah:
i hate doing this. if the government of rivers state as previously published that the port is as functional as how u claim fine.
take a little time and visit http://www.trueblueenergy.com/. we lift a lot of heavy duty consignment from the both port and i can tell u what u need to know. i dont know and i dont care if you have use the both port including Ibaka deep sea port and if ur honest enough i will say the truth. there have been a lot of great reform in onne port no doubt about that. i give that credit to the present management of the port.

Best regards.

Oga, I don't know the grouse you have against Onne seaport. The place is working well and recording increased shipping traffic, daily. As for Ibaka port, it is not yet ready and nothing is going on there. So stop confusing the issue. undecided
Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by erico2k2(m): 6:22pm On Jun 04, 2018
winnah:

Best regards.
I live IN PHC when in Nigeria thats where my Biz is, My Mrs in PHC and run the family Biz which deals in large Imports from China.Im partly from Obiakpor LGA so Im no stranger..U claim to be involved with teh port of Onne, let me ask You one simple question, do you know a company called Aworitse LTD? and where exactly is the Port of One?
Re: Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% by erico2k2(m): 6:24pm On Jun 04, 2018
LaudableXX:

Oga, I don't know the grouse you have against Onne seaport. The place is working well and recording increased shipping traffic, daily. As for Ibaka port, it is not yet ready and nothing is going on there. So stop confusing the issue. undecided
Leave that guy, I go soon treat his Fckup, he is amongst one of them lot who could never forsee or believe an air craft can take you from Europe to PHC.,In his Pic he looks like one from the SW or the North.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu Supporter Appologizes After Accusing David Hundeyin Of Being Paid By Obi / Hydro Plants Boost Electricity Generation To 3,686.3mw / #EndSARS Protesters Not Recognised By Law - LASG’s Counsel Tells Judicial Panel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.