Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? (46100 Views)

Why Is It Unforgivable To Sin Against The Holy Spirit / What Is Sin? / You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? by femijay8271(m): 11:56am On Jun 17, 2018
realmindz:
For example if I say the Holy Spirit is a rapist for having knowledge of Mary without consent. Or if I say the Holy Spirit is the baddest weed smoker, that's why he's the most high.

His boss, Yahweh will make sure he tortures me for eternity. He will roast me in his lake of fire which he has prepared specially for people who did not accept or believe that he's the boss.

Moral of the lesson, never fvck with the Holy Spirit most especially when he is high,....the most high

Meanwhile, a lovely video for those who appreciate intelligent works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttevamkS6gw

I prayed that may Almighty God who owns ur life, spirit, body and soul have mercy upon you.

1 Like

Re: What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? by realmindz: 12:03pm On Jun 17, 2018
femijay8271:

I prayed that may Almighty God who owns ur life, spirit, body and soul have mercy upon you.
Thank you, but your god is waiting for me till judgement day so he can say "motherfvcker! I'm real" then torture me till eternity
Re: What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? by MrI2015(m): 12:13pm On Jun 17, 2018
lightblazingnow:
Anger!!!!!

Anger against the all loving, most caring, ever present, never give up looking out for me God Almighty. Why should I worry when he had told me not to fear, for he is present with us.

Now, the question, did I or we ever believed him And if I did I'd lived in rest. I wouldn't be angry when things didn't go as planned, because I have believed that I am not in control if I ever have accepted my love, the father God Almighty and CHRIST JESUS.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

You don't exist now, the life you live in the flesh, you live trusting the saviour of your soul, and why should their souls be troubled and their hearts imagine vain things.

Psalms 2:1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? 2:2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying, 2:3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. 2:4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall have them in derision. 2:5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

Did you see that, you've Vex him, the Almighty God in to destructions, you who were created says he isn't the ruler, the creator of all, they said in their hearts...

Psalms 2:3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us."

Very clear!!!!! Angry!!!

Matthew 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Someone said there's nothing like hell fire, there is , and you should know that the creator God Almighty the father of our lord Christ Jesus who is blessed for ever, ever living, you should know that He will be ruthless heartless against his enemies whom have transgressed his commandments, and trampled on foot the blood of the Father and son CHRIST. There is hell fire for real!!!!!

That's When sin gets to unforgivable state like that in Satan and the ruler's, the kings of the earth and the people who are imagining vain things. They are angry against the loving father.

Matthew 7:11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? 7:12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

The father God Almighty is good and perfect and all , Everything he ever wanted is goodness in the land, amongst the people in every generation and life goes on.

Ephesians 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: 4:27 Neither give place to the devil.

Don't forget apostle Paul often told the churches of his time while preaching or writings that he spoke to them as babes in Christ, children who are not ready to enjoy the deeper relationship with the all loving father.

New Living Translation
Dear brothers and sisters, when I was with you I couldn't talk to you as I would to spiritual people. I had to talk as though you belonged to this world or as though you were infants in the Christian life.
1 Corinthians 3:1

Hebrews 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

And so he knew they couldn't handle " don't be angry"
Because of the Generations we are in. Troubleshooting times"

Test age. Time of great temptations when the love of many men for the father God Almighty and CHRIST will fade away because of the abounding iniquity among men.

Do you love me?? Jesus asked Peter three times. And Peter was more than angry, he was grieved. You shouldn't my dear friend. You have been so loved and cared for by the unseen hands whom have carried you even when you knew nothing about you.

Why are you angry against his judgements and positions, you haven't seen the end, but he knows the end and Everything.

Instead, fight the good fight of faith and lay hold on to Eternal life. The gift of God Almighty is eternal life. Fight to secure it from attackers. Cast out the devil's

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. 4:31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
God bless you.

1 Like

Re: What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? by femijay8271(m): 12:18pm On Jun 17, 2018
realmindz:

Thank you, but your god is waiting for me till judgement day so he can say "motherfvcker! I'm real" then torture me till eternity

The Creator of Heaven and Earth is a merciful God, pls ask for forgiveness and he will save ur soul from perishing.

1 Like

Re: What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? by victorazyvictor(m): 12:21pm On Jun 17, 2018
joeboy4reel:
The only sin that cannot be forgiven is the sin of unbelief, not believing in the finished work of Christ

Lieying against Holy Spirit is.
Re: What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? by Stbottle(m): 12:23pm On Jun 17, 2018
mvem:
...so all non christsins in the world won't be forgiven

Yes! Yes! Yes!!!. You saw that right. Yes, they will not be forgiven

1 Like

Re: What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? by mikeaims: 12:25pm On Jun 17, 2018
sin against the Holy Spirit is using the name of God to deceive people. Saying that The Holy Spirit said this and that when He hasn't said anything.
Re: What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? by realmindz: 12:27pm On Jun 17, 2018
femijay8271:

The Creator of Heaven and Earth is a merciful God, pls ask for forgiveness and he will save ur soul from perishing.

Forgiveness for what? And if he's that merciful, why ask for forgiveness before he changes his mind about torturing me.
Re: What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? by AdeniyiA(m): 12:30pm On Jun 17, 2018
intentional sins it's ...
Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Re: What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? by femijay8271(m): 12:36pm On Jun 17, 2018
realmindz:

Forgiveness for what? And if he's that merciful, why ask for forgiveness before he changes his mind about torturing me.

Because it is written in the holy book that Ask and it shall be given, knock and it shall be open. Brother, God is Love, believe me, he loves you more than this.

1 Like

Re: What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? by Robisky001(m): 12:40pm On Jun 17, 2018
Criticism of cheerful giver's. You're in a Church your money won't drop for development and running of the Church, yet you see a spirit filled and generous man giving to God yet you have the effrontery to criticised him/her, that's a sin against the holy spirit.

Despair: Thinking that God cannot forgive all of our atrocities.

Presumption:: Thinking your own sins has been forgiven without been sorry for them. No restitutions/sober.

Envy of another spiritual good: Being jealous of the kind magnanimity of your neighbours instead of you to carryout introspection to discover yours.

Obstinacy in Sin: Continuity in sin instead of making efforts to come out of sin.

Final impenitence: Not availing yourself the opportunity to confession your sins to ordained priest and not feeling remorseful for the sins.

Resisting the known truth: Unnecessary argument against the faith and misrepresenting parts or all of the Christian faith to make it seem undesirable.
Re: What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? by bolafez(m): 12:44pm On Jun 17, 2018
joeboy4reel:
The only sin that cannot be forgiven is the sin of unbelief, not believing in the finished work of Christ
does it mean if such person returns to God, he won't be forgiven?
Re: What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? by mvem(m): 12:51pm On Jun 17, 2018
Stbottle:

Yes! Yes! Yes!!!. You saw that right. Yes, they will not be fgorgiven
...OK..that's cool...
Re: What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? by maxwinfrosh: 12:54pm On Jun 17, 2018
Unbelieve in the gospel of Christ is the only unpardonable sin
Adeyeye09:
it's simply the sin of unbelieve....you grieve God mostly by your lack of faith in Him.
Many think it's fornication or murder which is the major sin but doubting what has been said by God is even greater!
The blasphemy against the Holy Ghost is counting God's word as trash and having zero faith in the Lord Jesus
Re: What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? by CSTR1003: 1:01pm On Jun 17, 2018
I personally believe that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is when you have experienced the power and presence of the Holy Spirit in a highly uncommon way, and then going back to the world.

That is why it is very hard for any true giant of the faith who backslides to come back again to the faith.

Where will he/she start from?

He/she will never regain those heights again because I believe the Holy Spirit will not be as invested anymore..

1 Like

Re: What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? by lightblazingnow(m): 1:05pm On Jun 17, 2018
MrI2015:
God bless you.

Amen

1 Like

Re: What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? by freecocoa(f): 1:09pm On Jun 17, 2018
Calling the holy spirit a bastard, is unforgivable my dear.
Re: What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? by shadeze: 1:09pm On Jun 17, 2018
lightblazingnow:
Anger!!!!!

Anger against the all loving, most caring, ever present, never give up looking out for me God Almighty. Why should I worry when he had told me not to fear, for he is present with us.

Now, the question, did I or we ever believed him And if I did I'd lived in rest. I wouldn't be angry when things didn't go as planned, because I have believed that I am not in control if I ever have accepted my love, the father God Almighty and CHRIST JESUS.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

You don't exist now, the life you live in the flesh, you live trusting the saviour of your soul, and why should their souls be troubled and their hearts imagine vain things.

Psalms 2:1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? 2:2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying, 2:3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. 2:4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall have them in derision. 2:5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

Did you see that, you've Vex him, the Almighty God in to destructions, you who were created says he isn't the ruler, the creator of all, they said in their hearts...

Psalms 2:3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us."

Very clear!!!!! Angry!!!

Matthew 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Someone said there's nothing like hell fire, there is , and you should know that the creator God Almighty the father of our lord Christ Jesus who is blessed for ever, ever living, you should know that He will be ruthless heartless against his enemies whom have transgressed his commandments, and trampled on foot the blood of the Father and son CHRIST. There is hell fire for real!!!!!

That's When sin gets to unforgivable state like that in Satan and the ruler's, the kings of the earth and the people who are imagining vain things. They are angry against the loving father.

Matthew 7:11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? 7:12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

The father God Almighty is good and perfect and all , Everything he ever wanted is goodness in the land, amongst the people in every generation and life goes on.

Ephesians 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: 4:27 Neither give place to the devil.

Don't forget apostle Paul often told the churches of his time while preaching or writings that he spoke to them as babes in Christ, children who are not ready to enjoy the deeper relationship with the all loving father.

New Living Translation
Dear brothers and sisters, when I was with you I couldn't talk to you as I would to spiritual people. I had to talk as though you belonged to this world or as though you were infants in the Christian life.

Hebrews 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Test age. Time of great temptations when the love of many men for the father God Almighty and CHRIST will fade away because of the abounding iniquity among men.

Do you love me?? Jesus asked Peter three times. And Peter was more than angry, he was grieved. You shouldn't my dear friend. You have been so loved and cared for by the unseen hands whom have carried you even when you knew nothing about you.

Why are you angry against his judgements and positions, you haven't seen the end, but he knows the end and Everything.

Instead, fight the good fight of faith and lay hold on to Eternal life. The gift of God Almighty is eternal life. Fight to secure it from attackers. Cast out the devil's

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. 4:31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
Wrong!! The unforgivable sin is not anger, it's blasphemy
Re: What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? by Gloriouspa(m): 1:15pm On Jun 17, 2018
sureheaven:
Sin against the Holy Spirit is anyone who doesn’t believe in Jesus Christ as lord and savior.

You are very correct.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

1 Like

Re: What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? by emmanuelpopson(m): 1:18pm On Jun 17, 2018
Alariiwo:
The only sin that will not be forgiven is blasphemy against the Holy spirit.

I can't remember the verse but it's def. not anger.

thanks bro..all just one answer and the op wrote an epistle...

blasphemy is the only sin without remedy against Holy Spirit..

its just like rebellion which the first human race commited in the time of Noah..no forgiveness whatsoever
Re: What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? by APOSTLECHUMA: 1:20pm On Jun 17, 2018
UNPARDONABLE SIN IS COMMITTED WIT THE TONGUE AND IT IS COMMITTED WHEN ONE ASCRIBES TO SATAN AN ACT/ACTS DONE OR PERFORMED BY THE HOLY -SPIRIT. IF U WOULD REMEMBER,IT WAS WHEN CHRIST HEALED A BLIND AND DUMP MAN IN MATTHEW 12:22-- AND THE PHARISEES ACCUSED HIM OF DOING THAT THROUGH BEELZEBUB-THE PRINCE OF DEMONS,THAT CHRIST SAID THAT. WHAT THE PHARISEES DID, AMOUNTED TO GIVING GOD'S GLORY TO SATAN AND GOD DOESNT FORGIVE IT. THIS SIN HAS GREATER WEIGHT BEFORE GOD THAN ADULTERY, MURDER, UNBELIEF ETC. 07054141412

1 Like

Re: What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? by criuze(m): 1:28pm On Jun 17, 2018
joeboy4reel:

Bros you go school
Re: What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? by TemmyTee82(f): 1:30pm On Jun 17, 2018
lightblazingnow:
Anger!!!!!

Very clear!!!!! Angry!!!

New Living Translation

A well researched, concisely written nonsense. I can only admire how much effort you put into this crap.

2 Likes

Re: What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? by nyabinghi(m): 1:39pm On Jun 17, 2018
The only sin that won't be forgiven is not believing in the oneness of Allah, argue with sango olukoso
Re: What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? by Greatzeus(m): 1:57pm On Jun 17, 2018
Tolams16:
The only sin against the holyspirit that ll not be forgiven is blasphemy!! The only time jesus mention this sin, was when he was accused of casting out demons through beelzebub the prince of demons, and jesus said a house divided against itself cannot stand how can beelzebub fight beelzebub. That was when he mentioned the sin against the holyspirit which involves blasphemy against the holyspirit or lieing against the holyspirit. Pls read Mathew 12::22-31. PLEASE LETS DO WELL TO UNDERSTAND THE SCRIPTURE WELL BEFORE SHARING SO THAT WE DONT LEAD PEOPLE ASTRAY, AND CHRISTIANS PLEASE WHEN EVER WE HEAR ANY SERMON LETS MAKE OUR OWN RESEARCH, THE BIBLE IS THERE FOR EVERYONE. This is a total blunder to say that the sin against the holy spirit that cannot be forgiven is anger, when none of the scriptures you pointed out said anything about "the sin against the holyspirit that cannot be forgiven" your scriptures only speak about frustrating or annoying the spirit and not about the sin that cannot be forgiven pls lets get the difference. PLEASE I ADJURE ANYONE CONFUSED ABOUT THIS OR THAT WILL LIKE TO KNOW MORE OR HAVE A CLEARER UNDERSTANDING TO READ MATHEW 12::22-31. PLEASE LETS TRY AND REALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT THE SCRIPTURE IS SAYING. THANK YOU.
Lies,so if a child or a person blaspheme,he can never be saved again till he or she dies
It's unbelief,you can never be saved if you don't believe Room 5:1,Jn 3:36
Re: What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? by aariwa(m): 2:01pm On Jun 17, 2018
Lying against the holy spirit (got ananaias and saphira killed instantly in the bible) unforgiveness(a lot of people who had a glimpse of heaven/hell via coma testified a lot of people in hell today are because of this sin) and bearing false witness against another person(is against the 10 commandments)
Re: What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? by aariwa(m): 2:04pm On Jun 17, 2018
nyabinghi:
The only sin that won't be forgiven is not believing in the oneness of Allah, argue with sango olukoso
Wow ! A Muslim visiting a Christian thread.May the awesomeness and limitless power of Jesus Christ over the entire universe be praise forever
Re: What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? by Tolams16(m): 2:05pm On Jun 17, 2018
Greatzeus:

Lies,so if a child or a person blaspheme,he can never be saved again till he or she dies
It's unbelief,you can never be saved if you don't believe Room 5:1,Jn 3:36
Bros no be me talk am na. Check the scriptures, na jesus talk am. Mathew 12::22-31 its written there, very obvious no need to be confused.

1 Like

Re: What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? by Tolams16(m): 2:06pm On Jun 17, 2018
Zinny25:
You nailed it bro. It's good to know that Jesus still have people even here in Nairaland. God bless you
Yah bro, thanks
Re: What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? by Greatzeus(m): 2:08pm On Jun 17, 2018
Babalagzy:
There is no sin unforgivable. None at all. What kind of God do we think we serve?
All sins are forgivable because Jesus has paid the price. No matter the sins in your life if you repent genuinely in faith,God will forgive.
But a person cannot be forgiven if he doesn't believe that Jesus has paid the price for his sins. If you have a million sins in your life,but you now believe that Jesus can forgive you and you accept him you will be saved. But if you are so morally upright,yet unbelief is in your heart,ie you don't believe you need Jesus to be saved,you can never be saved.
Meaning as long as unbelief is in your life,you cannot be forgiven.

1 Like

Re: What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? by nyabinghi(m): 2:12pm On Jun 17, 2018
aariwa:
Wow ! A Muslim visiting a Christian thread.May the awesomeness and limitless power of Jesus Christ over the entire universe be praise forever
which yeye Christian thread, don't delude yourself, Allah is the creator of Jesus
Re: What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? by nyabinghi(m): 2:14pm On Jun 17, 2018
Greatzeus:

All sins are forgivable because Jesus has paid the price. No matter the sins in your life if you repent genuinely in faith,God will forgive.
But a person cannot be forgiven if he doesn't believe that Jesus has paid the price for his sins. If you have a million sins in your life,but you now believe that Jesus can forgive you and you accept him you will be saved. But if you are so morally upright,yet unbelief is in your heart,ie you don't believe you need Jesus to be saved,you can never be saved.
Meaning as long as unbelief is in your life,you cannot be forgiven.
Jesus paid no price for anybody, he was killed for preaching false doctrine, he died for his sins

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sharon Oyakhilome: Phillip Frimpong & I Never Had Sex Before Marriage / A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) / Peak Milk Apologises To Christians Over ‘ Offensive’ Easter Advert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.