Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. (66996 Views)

The Lady I Wanted To Marry Pretended To Be A Graduate To Me / Man Proposes To Girlfriend Who Is A Single Mother & Also To Her Daughter / A Man I Considered A Friend Wanted To Have Sex With Me - Lady Cries Out (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by MyOpinion1(f): 5:30pm On Jun 03, 2018
!by[quote author=TonyeBarcanista post=68145935]
They should go and meet the men that made them Baby Mamas.

Meanwhile, who will waste time trying to "talk sense" into the head of a single mother when there is plethora of decent single ladies and virgins?

of course not all guys are cool but there are still responsible ones who will do that.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by openmine(m): 5:33pm On Jun 03, 2018
Xisnin:

Did I read a different story? It is the OP that is dominating the lady, you don't blame someone because you can't control them.
Its imperative that you read before commenting.....no pun intended!

Go through the Op's post and other subsequent posts,you will notice that she has been the one trying to control and manipulate him.....

Aside the said lady's trip to abuja which op objected due to the fact that she wasn't convincing enough,I don't see any place in his post where he was domineering or controlling....

And besides,is it wrong to ask a loved one where he or she is travelling to esp if it might be to the person's detriment?

In fact Op stated clearly that there were trips he wanted to make but was stopped by the same lady....or didn't you see where he stated that part?

As for my post bro/sis,I was only relating my own experience to OP's post which is very true about "domineering" ladies!

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:34pm On Jun 03, 2018
MyOpinion1:

of course not all guys are cool but there are still responsible ones who will do that.
What makes them responsible? You mean sissies that don't know what they want and those that are easily manipulated?
Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 03, 2018
Tallesty1:
True that and the single dad still has to be careful otherwise his other child will be a slave to the rest of the children.
so very true..
Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 03, 2018
openmine:

Go through the Op's post and other subsequent posts,you will notice that she has been the one trying to control and manipulate him.....

Aside the said lady's trip to abuja which op objected due to the fact that she wasn't convincing enough,I don't see any place in his post where he was domineering or controlling....

And besides,is it wrong to ask a loved one where he or she is travelling to esp if it might be to the person's detriment?

In fact Op stated clearly that there were trips he wanted to make but was stopped by the same lady....or didn't you see where he stated that part?

As for my post bro/sis,I was only relating my own experience to OP's post which is very true about "domineering" ladies!
single moms get their own for body abeg. Their own wahala plenty pass dat of a single girl. U have to contend that the baby daddy might still be banging her and dere's nothing u can do about it. If u want to correct her child if e do wrong dat one na another big wahala. She might not respect u..she might consider u an upstart since she don already get one or two pickins from different men. Single guys wey dey date single moms dey try oo.with d number of single girls around why not leave the single moms for d single dads to date. Easy tin to do so as to avoid double wahala.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by openmine(m): 5:44pm On Jun 03, 2018
lefulefu:
single moms get their own for body abeg. Their own wahala plenty pass dat of a single girl. U have to contend that the baby daddy might still be banging her and dere's nothing u can do about it. If u want to correct her child if e do wrong dat one na another big wahala. She might not respect u..she might consider u an upstart since she don already get one or two pickins from different men. Single guys wey dey date single moms dey try oo.with d number of single girls around why not leave the single moms for d single dads to date. Easy tin to do so as to avoid double wahala.
Na true sha.....

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by MyOpinion1(f): 5:49pm On Jun 03, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

What makes them responsible? You mean sissies that don't know what they want and those that are easily manipulated?
if that is your definition of being *responsible* then I need not stress myself further

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by Xisnin(m): 5:49pm On Jun 03, 2018
openmine:

He is the one trying to withold an adult's right to travel.

It is good to ask your kid where they are going because you know better but never try that with an adult, at least not one whose livelihood doesn't depend on following your orders. She doesn't have to convince him or any other person. I have no problem with him breaking up with her, his life his decisions. It is just the way he sounded like someone who just discovered a nobel winning invention and his poor attempt at blaming her and single mothers for the decision he took.

His first post clearly stated her major "flaws", which is that she travelled when he ordered her not to and she refused to give him her family members number. Every other thing was an afterthought.

It is one thing to say that he broke up with her because she is domineering, but entirely different thing to try to make the other party look bad because they allegedly sinned in the past. Is it so hard for the OP to tell the lady that she can't stop him from traveling?

I believe one can breakup for any reason even made up ones but one must also take responsibility for such decisions. Nobody was made to satisfy another person, if you don't like someone, move on, no whining, no generalisation, no victimising or sympathy-seeking.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by Princewell2012(m): 5:52pm On Jun 03, 2018
Just thank your God. There is one in my place of work. Believe you me any man who live with that girl in the same room for 48 hrs deserved a medal. Though the office where she works doesn't know this as she can pretend alots.

She is rude, arrogant, abusive, I mean very very insultive. But if you see where she will be playing and laughing hmm you think she is an Engel. The annoying part of it is that she sleeps around with men. In fact it will be very difficult for you to know why her former husband left her
Whether for adultery or bad character. This one has a very bad character. I have jokingly told her several times. It is just of recent she just finished her one month prayer where she live in a Church. When I saw your thread honesty I though she was the Lady in question.

Oh. The worst part of everything is that she hate correction. Each time I sees those ogas laughing and playing with her I just shook my head because they don't know who she is.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by 1x2x3: 5:55pm On Jun 03, 2018
Xisnin:

It is good to ask your kid where they are going because you know better but never try that with an adult, at least not one whose livelihood doesn't depend on following your orders. She doesn't have to convince him or any other person. I have no problem with him breaking up with her, his life his decisions. It is just the way he sounded like someone who just discovered a nobel winning invention and his poor attempt at blaming her and single mothers for the decision he took.

His first post clearly stated her major "flaws", which is that she travelled when he ordered her not to and she refused to give him her family members number. Every other thing was an afterthought.

It is one thing to say that he broke up with her because she is domineering, but entirely different thing to try to make the other party look bad because they allegedly sinned in the past. Is it so hard for the OP to tell the lady that she can't stop him from traveling?

I believe one can breakup for any reason even made up ones but one must also take responsibility for such decisions. Nobody was made to satisfy another person, if you don't like someone, move on, no whining, no generalisation, no victimising or sympathy-seeking.

There's no victimization or sympathy here. I've moved on and made it known to her. Sharing my story is for people to learn. I only found out someone has a similar experience here then went ahead to marry the lady after all the signs, he's currently divorced. I am not in for sympathy or validation. I've made my decision and that's final.
Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 03, 2018
1x2x3:
I'm sorry I'm saying this and it hurts my heart to agree with the warnings of marrying a single mother. I'm not the best writer but I will try to narrate my experience and findings.

First of all I would like to point out that there are very few single mothers who can make a good wife while majority of them will ruin you and make your life miserable if caution is not taken.

I've been dating a single mother of a 5 years old boy for about a year and half she is 30 and never been married. I wouldn't just jump into such relationship but for the fact she is someone I knew back in my School days however, we lost contact for about 10 years before we met again and I kind of understood the story she told me and the circumstances she had the child (Till date I didn't bother verifying her story of course I don't care).

We dated for about a year and she got talking with a few of my friends and sibling but the striking thing is she is yet to introduce me to any of her friends or siblings even though I knew she have many siblings and some friends (I did question her about this and she said she doesn't have someone she can really call a friend).

Looking at the kind of reserved life she lives I felt this could be normal but still something kept telling me there's more to these whole pretentious reserved life because I'm introverted and can easily figure out who's pretending to be one. Mind you, she is the church going type who prays and wants my well being yet I could still figure out there is something not clear thus my reason for taking my time to propose to her. This is actually not my fault as there is no way I can figure out who she is unless through someone close to her.

About 6 months ago a pastor that is yet to meet her in person told me that if I marry her I will end up divorcing but being the doubting Thomas type I gave no ear to whatever the pastor has to say until recently when something unfolded.

She lives 3 hrs drive away and comes visiting most of the weekend. Here is the major problem which I must admit I'm at fault but I thank God I was at fault because it paved way for the revelation. Throughout the time we've been dating I only visited her once which she complained about, I wasn't just too comfortable going there to spend time and do certain things (I didn't just find this right but I'm very much comfortable if she visits alone or with the kid). She complained a few times about me not visiting until 2 weeks ago she told me she was traveling to Abuja.
I inquired about her reasons of traveling and she said she needed to rest since she's on leave (Redflag). Her reasons didn't sound logical so I objected, I told her I wasn't comfortable with her traveling, she kept insisting and she jokingly said she will go and face the consequences when she returns. We talked about this for days and she eventually went against all odds and traveled.
On getting to Abuja she started acting funny like not taking calls or calling and when she finally returned my call I told her not to call me until she is back from her trip (I needed to avoid unnecessary worries)

She returned after 4 days and called knowing fully well we've got issues to thrash. She started complaining I don't give her attention as much as she wants (she seems not to be able to deal with my introverted person anymore). The ranting was becoming rude, sounding like a different person from whom I thought I knew. We got to a heated point I had to ask for any of her siblings number, she immediately became defensive and threatened that if I dare contact any of her siblings (7 of them) that I won't like the outcome shocked shocked shocked. It occurred to me she isn't in good relationship with any of her siblings even though they talk sometimes. She just doesn't want me to contact anyone. Out of her rudeness I asked her if she is ready to be under a man since she has brought up marriage issues on few occasions. She said she isn't ready to tolerate bulllshitt of men shocked shocked afterall she has a child, marriage is about children and if things aren't working in a marriage everyone can find their way shocked shocked shocked. The pastor's words occurred to me instantly. I took about 2 hours telling her how much she needs to adjust and understand she isn't supposed to tuzzle with a man else it will be hard for things to work in a home.

She said so many unimaginable things that it dawned to me she was pretending to be nice all these while. She said she wants a man that can take alll she does, I then asked her if she is ready to take all a man does she said no and I told her to look for a man and pay his groom price since she wants a man she can control.

Still scary to me she pretended all these while, going to church and acting very responsible hoping I marry her which I genuinely had intentions to but for the fact something kept telling me I needed more time to know her.

At the end its obvious she is used to being a single mother and if she divorces tomorrow it will be nothing new to her.

Guys make sure you scrutinize that single mother before you jump in. There's a reason she's single and in her 30's.
I found out she's not in good terms with her siblings because she doesn't like taking orders or listening to advice. They've talked to her about being rude and disrespectful but rather than listen she drew bad blood between her and all her siblings.
Not just single mothers there are mature marriage--able greater percentage amongst them. The lesson to be learnt is simply- single ladies/guys alike who have not discovered themselves are dangerous to live with. Marriage with them results in divorce, painful instead of blissful one and in extreme cases death of either of them from abuse. Once a single person whether mother, lady or guy fails to understands before entering the marriage covenant that it is an unending school of character development but thinks rather it's all about his/her pains, problems solved, comfort, happiness all the time that's a danger zone! Please next time it is important to present your facts in a way that you don't end up demonising single mothers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by LaudableXX: 6:10pm On Jun 03, 2018
Netanyahu1:
Op. I understand the single mother aspect. I have come to realize that 80% of all single mothers have one of two problems. Its either that they are totally dull about everything in life to the extent that no man is interested in managing their intellectual deficiency, or they are outrightly wayward to the extent that no man wants to be a party to their stupid ideology about what a marital union should look like.

In your own case , however, you just dodged a bullet. As far as "Nigeria" is concerned , church is where you find the most useless and heartless con artists, starting from the pastor, therefore , the combination of a single mother you met in church is equal to natural disaster .

Again op. You just dodged a bullet. If I were you I will be dancing like David for this new life god has given you.I mean the real God and not the god of Nigerian pastors.

This a long epistle on single mothers. Oya, write one on single fathers, too. we are waiting....! undecided

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 6:11pm On Jun 03, 2018
ZestAri:
I think most who keep the baby is because abortion is out of option already, perhaps due to certain implications. All things being normal and timely, she would have aborted the baby. So, stop talking trash. If you are right she decided to bring a child into the world, congratulations to her. She should bring in more as a single mom. Marriage is by choice after all.

With each of your writings​ you expose your state of mind more.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by lionphil(m): 6:11pm On Jun 03, 2018
HeWrites:
undecided

Make Ogun kii me iffa marry a Single

Be careful what you pray for...I've heard of several instances where a girl had a baby at a tender age. The baby automatically becomes the family's last born. No one gets to know apart from immediate family members. In such a situation, you as the groom to be would also not know. *if OGUN FINALLY KILLS YOU AFTER YOU MISTAKENLY MARRY ONE I'M SORRY FOR YOU.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by LaudableXX: 6:21pm On Jun 03, 2018
CecyAdrian:
On point!!!

The reason why many guys go for small girls is because they want to dominate without counter or questions
....and later those small girls end up growing wings, and turning round to show them pepper! So sad. cry

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by openmine(m): 6:21pm On Jun 03, 2018
Xisnin:

but she once stopped him from going why cant he do the same.....or does she have more say than the guy?

Xisnin:

Bro for me your submissions are relative....it all depends on the upbringing...

If you are married or in a serious relationship, you will be asked about your movement by your partner...unless you are too proud,you will always tell your partner about where you are going to.... it has nothing to do with control like I said earlier,its about love and care.....

My gf out of respect and love for me will always tell me where she is travelling to.....and also state her purpose of such trip...."Nothing to hide,nothing to fear".....

and some times when she forgets I also ask....there is nothing wrong about that!

Different strokes for different folks!

...My mum will always tell us where she goes to even when she travels.....thats for reaching out purposes!
It doesn't in any way limit her....

One of the purposes for asking about one's movement esp relationship is to show trust and loyalty to each other!

Xisnin:

according to him,she didn't sound convincing but she went anyway and started behaving strangely!

As for the family number,according to previous posts by OP,she had once used his friends and family members to beg on her behalf,so why can't he do so esp when its now obvious that she issues have remained unresolved.....

as for the afterthoughts, he is the one telling us his own side and he can decide to explain in subsequent posts if any one needs more clarifications.....

Thought the only part I take exception to is the part where op made a generalisation of all single mothers based on his experience with just one of them.....

Aside that,every other thing he said is true!
Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by HeWrites(m): 6:34pm On Jun 03, 2018
lionphil:

Be careful what you pray for...I've heard of several instances where a girl had a baby at a tender age. The baby automatically becomes the family's last born. No one gets to know apart from immediate family members. In such a situation, you as the groom to be would also not know. *if OGUN FINALLY KILLS YOU AFTER YOU MISTAKENLY MARRY ONE I'M SORRY FOR YOU.

undecided
Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by Ohidata: 7:01pm On Jun 03, 2018
Originalsly:

Miss, I don't think we should castigate him just yet for trying to reach out to her family. It makes sense to at least know a few members of a lady's family if truly one is serious about marrying her, and vice versa - or don't you think so?

Furthermore, part of the reason we are experiencing this outrageous rate of crumbling marriages is that people (men and women alike) see the signs that their intended partner have issues that may not make the relationship work but choose to ignore them and believe that "God" will see them through it all. When the centre no longer holds, they cry fowl.

My dear young people, this is my word... go into a relationship with sincere intentions and with something tangible to give your partner other than beauty & curves in the case of ladies or money and comfort in the case of men. There are men whose wives are the prettiest females to behold yet they cheat and there are women whose husband's provide more than enough money and comfort yet they cheat. Create time for each other as a couple, talk through your problems and difficulties, show respect to one another, don't take each other for granted, hold no grudge, share everything in common, never deny your spouse sex, respect your in-laws, make your spouse's happiness a priority and above all make God the centre of your marriage

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by VULCAN(m): 7:24pm On Jun 03, 2018
It's just you brother, just you. The words that came out of the girls mouth tells you what to expect. So if you can't decode what the girl meant by all she said then you still have a long way to go. Out of the abundance of the heart......

MaziOmenuko:
Is it just me or is the story not just clicking? You had a misunderstanding with your g/f which is normal, so why all the fuss? Theirs no relationship that is perfect so why making a mountain out of a mole hill?

If you have been sceptical about the relationship, fine. But from what I read here, there's no reason to be apprehensive. She travelled as she said and came back like she said. She needed a time off, possibly from you. Have you ever considered the fact that she really needed that time off?

Abeg, make I no cone be joy kill. Make I mind my business

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by laluski(m): 7:34pm On Jun 03, 2018
Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by laluski(m): 8:08pm On Jun 03, 2018
greyham:

If you like marry her. Na you sabi

My dear brother there's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG in dating a single mum.they are human beings and are NOT perfect.single girls are even worse.
Single mums don't hide their characters for long cos DEM NO SEND.NO PRETENCE.she good...she good.simple
So if yours is OK in a lot of ways,by all means go ahead.like I said.they're NOT perfect.Good luck

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by Viergeachar: 9:17pm On Jun 03, 2018
MaziOmenuko:
Is it just me or is the story not just clicking? You had a misunderstanding with your g/f which is normal, so why all the fuss? Theirs no relationship that is perfect so why making a mountain out of a mole hill?

If you have been sceptical about the relationship, fine. But from what I read here, there's no reason to be apprehensive. She travelled as she said and came back like she said. She needed a time off, possibly from you. Have you ever considered the fact that she really needed that time off?

Abeg, make I no cone be joy kill. Make I mind my business

Did you marry a single mum
Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 03, 2018
laluski:

My dear brother there's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG in dating a single mum.they are human beings and are NOT perfect.single girls are even worse.
Single mums don't hide their characters for long cos DEM NO SEND.NO PRETENCE.she good...she good.simple
So if yours is OK in a lot of ways,by all means go ahead.like I said.they're NOT perfect.Good luck

There is EVERYTHING WRONG in dating a single mum. When you start catching feelings you open new thread on nairaland and I will be there to tell you the same thing. LEAVE SINGLE MUMS ALONE.

They can be your friend, but don't date them.

Your life, your choice.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by Makschinchin: 9:45pm On Jun 03, 2018
HeWrites:
undecided

Make Ogun kii me iffa marry a Single Mother

Hahahahaaaa, what if you marry one unknowingly only to find out after you're married
Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by Originalsly: 10:13pm On Jun 03, 2018
livinbygrace:

I have dated many of them and can tell you that 90% of single mothers are not marriageable.Deal with it.

Ok....but it would only be fair for you to say what percentage of the childless females you dated is marriage material.
Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by Originalsly: 10:28pm On Jun 03, 2018
Ohidata:

Miss, I don't think we should castigate him just yet for trying to reach out to her family.

Miss?!...I'm not castigating him for trying to reach out to her family.... which he should.... but trying to leap into marriage without really knowing much about her and her family. Wayyy too many marriages fail because of this.... guys falling head over heels in love with a girl ...physical attraction. ... and are ready to dive into marriage ...doesn't matter whether or not the girl loves them in return....nor her character good or bad...whether she is lazy...a liar or a runs girl...doesn't matter....until after the wedding eyes begin to clear. After all....love is blind.
Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by LaudableXX: 11:16pm On Jun 03, 2018
greyham:
There is EVERYTHING WRONG in dating a single mum. When you start catching feelings you open new thread on nairaland and I will be there to tell you the same thing. LEAVE SINGLE MUMS ALONE.

They can be your friend, but don't date them.

Your life, your choice.
Guy, grow up and stop talking like a teenage kid. sad If you have a relative that is a single mum, will you advise that nobody should marry her? shocked Women become single mums for a variety of reasons. Among single mums, there are good ones, and bad ones. Some may become single mums out of wedlock. Others may end up being single mums because they were divorced, or their husbands died at an early age, so they became widows.

Some of the single girls without kids that you are looking at, may have had abortions that you knew nothing about. shocked Dem no dey write am for face or forehead. Some may even have dated sugar daddies old enough to be your father in the past, or may have been runs babes. Who knows? There are good single girls, and bad ones too. Free your mind, abeg.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by LaudableXX: 11:20pm On Jun 03, 2018
livinbygrace:
I have dated many of them and can tell you that 90% of single mothers are not marriageable.Deal with it.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by princfred(m): 7:10am On Jun 04, 2018
Children from the first dad will be constant reminders of what she had with other men or they will be source of nostalgia to her and cause of mood swings.
Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by justcallbuki(f): 12:33pm On Jun 04, 2018
pedrilo:
u dnt marry because u want to help ur partner. That is pity induced marriage. Never ever do that ok
I'm married with children for years and I know what I'm saying.....BTW I don't need your advice.OK.....thanks bye!
Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by pedrilo: 12:52pm On Jun 04, 2018
justcallbuki:

I'm married with children for years and I know what I'm saying.....BTW I don't need your advice.OK.....thanks bye!
lol no p, im happy for u, but are u saying its good to marry out of pity?
Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by Moji12(f): 1:50pm On Jun 04, 2018
Tallesty1:
That's not even totally safe because she could be the one that killed her husband.

Truth is, some single mother are victims of a men's wickedness. Y'know right that some wicked men do get girls pregnant and deny them so their being single mother may not be because they are rude, wicked or mannerless but because they were unlucky in love. I agree though that they're still difficult to love because they're hurting but they're good if you can prove to them(in actions) that you're not like the other guy(a very tough task though)
please tell that to those dogmatic set of men who believe to b a single mum is jus trying to tie a man down or whatever they v stationed their minds to believe. Their is more to dat, though I don't blame them cos the society has made the females to b on the receiving end.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested / Ladies Must Stop Doing These Things It's Abomination Not Love / Men Don’t Marry Late !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.