Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Piggybank.ng, The Nigerian Fintech Startup That Just Raised $1.1million - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Piggybank.ng, The Nigerian Fintech Startup That Just Raised $1.1million (18666 Views)

Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? / Piggybank Or Cowrywise / How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Piggybank.ng, The Nigerian Fintech Startup That Just Raised $1.1million by CodeTemplar: 4:55pm On Jun 04, 2018
ipledge01:

Wait, are you kidding me? So you want them to keep your money at the same time pay you interest after the agreed period? How do you want the company to succeed?
He wants them to invest it in gala hawking.
Re: Piggybank.ng, The Nigerian Fintech Startup That Just Raised $1.1million by naturalwaves: 5:09pm On Jun 04, 2018
ipledge01:

Wait, are you kidding me? So you want them to keep your money at the same time pay you interest after the agreed period? How do you want the company to succeed?
I so not expect anyone to pay me any money. At the same time, I don't want my money invested in anything. Better to go and deal with a recognised bank. Bookmark this page. Don't say I didn't warn you.
Re: Piggybank.ng, The Nigerian Fintech Startup That Just Raised $1.1million by greenglobestore(m): 6:46pm On Jun 04, 2018
Great deeds and initiative should only be supported!!! Not watered with sour talks.....Even mmm was a well crafted initiative, unless it wouldn't have worked
Re: Piggybank.ng, The Nigerian Fintech Startup That Just Raised $1.1million by adaweezy(m): 9:52pm On Jun 04, 2018
naturalwaves:
I wanted to do this piggy bank thing yesterday but having read the interview I will not and will not advice anyone to do it again. Reasons being that your money will be invested into other things. The savings thing that was talked about was just a trick. The main thing these people will do is to get funds from different deposits and do business with your money. What if their investments go bad?? I would prefer a situation where your money is just there and nobody is touching it to use for what so ever investment.

It is insured
Re: Piggybank.ng, The Nigerian Fintech Startup That Just Raised $1.1million by Easy5265: 6:23am On Jun 05, 2018
AlanSugar:

Easy come easy go. Be careful or e go do you like fim trik.

Nigerians with our constant paranoia well it's understandable...the savings made on Piggybank.ng is insured by the NDIC through UBA. There's nothing to fear, it's not an investment scheme but strictly savings so far I guess. Interest is just earned on saving just like conventional savings account in our banks.
Re: Piggybank.ng, The Nigerian Fintech Startup That Just Raised $1.1million by Easy5265: 6:25am On Jun 05, 2018
And you think banks just keep your money in their vaults...am glad you read. Read some more to know how money is created.
Re: Piggybank.ng, The Nigerian Fintech Startup That Just Raised $1.1million by Easy5265: 6:29am On Jun 05, 2018
charliboy654:
Isn't this what wema bank is already doing?

Piggybank.ng was here before Wema Banks Alat
Re: Piggybank.ng, The Nigerian Fintech Startup That Just Raised $1.1million by Ugosample(m): 8:07am On Jun 05, 2018
naturalwaves:

I so not expect anyone to pay me any money. At the same time, I don't want my money invested in anything. Better to go and deal with a recognised bank. Bookmark this page. Don't say I didn't warn you.

smh for you
Re: Piggybank.ng, The Nigerian Fintech Startup That Just Raised $1.1million by Ugosample(m): 8:09am On Jun 05, 2018
Easy5265:

Nigerians with our constant paranoia well it's understandable...the savings made on Piggybank.ng is insured by the NDIC through UBA. There's nothing to fear, it's not an investment scheme but strictly savings so far I guess. Interest is just earned on saving just like conventional savings account in our banks.

Yea

They disguise their paranoia by trying to sound smart.

Just say you are afraid, or you are not sure about their operations, instead of you saying that it will collapse

It has been in existence for years, and people are just getting to know about it.
Re: Piggybank.ng, The Nigerian Fintech Startup That Just Raised $1.1million by taofeeq137(m): 8:24am On Jun 05, 2018
[quote author=Jabioro post=68159894]Hmmm..who is insuring my saving funds (money) incase of bank surge (collapse),How do they intended to invest the saving to accrue the interest promise to be paid ?[/quotes]

They want to get a microfinance licence, my guess is they plan to loan out the monies on interest basis and share the interest with owners
Re: Piggybank.ng, The Nigerian Fintech Startup That Just Raised $1.1million by Jabioro: 8:51am On Jun 05, 2018
[quote author=taofeeq137 post=68192298][/quote]Two edge opened field risk for them,except the AMCON is insuring the load. Take fron you and loan me,What about if l defaulted by death? Most mirofinance loan are unsecured.(non colleteral packages)..
Re: Piggybank.ng, The Nigerian Fintech Startup That Just Raised $1.1million by TiffanyJ(f): 9:40am On Nov 03, 2018
charliboy654:
Isn't this what wema bank is already doing?
Tell me more, please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) / Please Do You Know Companies That Rent Trucks Or Trialers With Longterm Contracts? / ''LETS TALK ABOUT IMPORTATION BUSINESS''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.