Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? (23979 Views)

The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja / The Basic Reason Why Nigeria Marriages Fail - Pastor Sunday Adelaja / Fleur Carine Matip: "Pastor Sunday Adelaja Wanted Sex From Me, Has My Photos" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by JourneytoEL(f): 11:56am On Jun 03, 2018
ollah2:

It doesn't strengthen anything but weakens it. Example, worshippers got killed in the house of God. They were praying to Him and yet they died. Or perhaps on their way to the place of worship or out of the place. Do you know the number of people that have died in these circumstances? Must blood be wasted to strengthen whatever?

Regarding Leah, I strongly commend her for her bravery and I hope she returns safe in one piece. I doubt if a matured person would have done that, they would have done anything for their survival and return to their previous self when they get home safely.
any true Christian would have done what she did, as far as you understand what you are doing as a Christian and not been a Christian because of the blessings you can get from Christ, Jesus said in Matt 10:33 Whosoever denies me before men, I shall deny him before my Father in heaven, besides what would it profit you to gain the world and lose your soul?Luke 17:32-33,Jesus said, Remember Lot's wife, whoever tries saving his soul will lose it and whoever tries losing his soul will save it, is it not better to die at 20 and go to heaven than to die at 80 and go to hell?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by ElsonMorali: 11:57am On Jun 03, 2018
femi4:
You are wrong, Every death is not the will of God. The "will" we are talking about here represent God's desire. He's aware of every death but not all death are his will

You cannot compare Jesus' death to that of Judas Iscariot

Mt 26:39
Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."

So as a Christian you don't believe that Jesus is actually God and the Will of the Father is the same as the Will of the Son and is the same as the Will of the Holy Spirit?

What kind of a Christian are you then?
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by SuperWorld(m): 11:57am On Jun 03, 2018
ElsonMorali:

To say that some things are outside God's will is to deny his power over all things.
of course. ....God is sovereign.... omniscient.. and all.
But we have some abilities too and he's aware of them (of course he put them there) ....and that's why he doesn't decide for us or....impose on us ....like Mugabe(just saying).
You go can enter ur room and hang yourself and expect God to break the rope before u die...
and of course God's will for no man to hang himself.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by CeeKay17: 11:58am On Jun 03, 2018
femi4:
All powerful, All knowing yet he gave man a will to choose.

That he knows about some events doesn't mean he approves them

God was aware that Cain killed Abel, it wasn't his will that Abel should die, but he was aware
Please help me tell them. How can they say it's God's will for things like ISIS, Boko Haram, Ritual Killing etc to happen. Yet they are still saying God is good, loving, kind, merciful etc That makes no sense if it's his will for evil things to happen to us.
God does not have a hand in every thing that happens here on Earth. That's why we sometimes pray for "God's Intervention"

1 Like

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by ElsonMorali: 11:58am On Jun 03, 2018
Jeezuzpick:

Not a hair on my head can fall to the ground withouts God's say so. That's what the Bible says.

Death is a big deal to us because we don't see things the way God does.

However, the death of a sinner is cause for great sadness and pain to God the same way the death of a saint is celebration time in Heaven because another one made it home.

Pastors should beware if saying stuff to please men and appeal to men's psyche.

God's ways are not same as ours.

Good one.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by Tripleclick(m): 11:59am On Jun 03, 2018
ElsonMorali:

When Yahweh allowed the Egyptian army to perish in the Sea of Reeds was He wicked then?

When he knew that Adam and Eve would fall yet planted that tree in the Garden, was he wicked then?
when you are tempted God does not know if you will fall or resist it... It depends on which one you choose for yrself
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by SuperWorld(m): 11:59am On Jun 03, 2018
ElsonMorali:

To say that some things are outside God's will is to deny his power over all things.
But we have some abilities too and he's aware of them (of course he put them there) ....and that's why he doesn't decide for us or....impose on us ....like Mugabe(just saying).
You can't enter ur room and hang yourself and expect God to break the rope before u die...

and of course God wills for no man to hang himself.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by ElsonMorali: 12:02pm On Jun 03, 2018
CeeKay17:

God does not impose his will on mankind. Abi did he intentionally create Lucifer so he can turn him into the devil and unleash evil on the world?
Was it his will to make Adam to eat the forbidden fruit so he can curse mankind and make us suffer?
To suggest that everything that goes on in this world including evil such as ISIS, Boko-Haram, Rape, Murder, Rituals, Adultery, Incest, Homosexuality etc is the will or God?
God does not have a hand in every single thing that happens in this world except you're saying God wishes us evil?
You guys should stop this "will of God" thing. Not everything that happens on this earth is the will of God

I just have a question for you.

I guess you're still quite young right? If God Wills that you sleep tonight and not wake up tomorrow, is that untimely death or not?
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by chukzyfcbb: 12:04pm On Jun 03, 2018
This brings us back to one of the most debated topics by philosophers, theologians etc
FREE WILL VS DESTINY

I have said it countless times, when someone dies its usually attributed to Gods will.

But when it comes to financial matter. Gods will is thrown away. Why don't you apply the same destiny and agree that no matter how much some people hustle they will for ever remain poor?

But no, they choose to equate destiny to matters of life and death, but when it comes to making money they scream at the man & label him lazy for not working hard enough, refusing to apply the same school of thought that maybe it was destined for him to poor? :-)

I want to say not every thing is Gods will, we were not made robots!!!

God gave us the power of free will. The Garden of eden had the tree of knowledge but it wasn't Gods will that man should eat it however man was given free will and man disobeyed God and ate it and so received punishment.

If everything in life is attributed to Destiny then its safe to say Hell is a foolish idea, because some people has been destined by God to go there from. Now does that make sense to you to say everything is destined?

Its only in matters of death, you hear christian chorus in unison that its Destiny but in other spheres of life, they begin to apply the wisdom of FREE WILL.
:-)

Some deaths are not destined by God. Some happen because of our free will choices, if I smoke everyday and die of lung cancer it would be foolish of anybody to attribute it to Gods will. I died because of my own CHOOSING.

Likewise if someone returns from a club drunk and high on weed and ram into a kid with his car standing by the road side, will you say that kids death is Gods destiny playing out?

Not everything in life is Gods destiny playing, sometimes its our Free will choice he has given us.

Our prayer should be that our FREE WILL choices ALIGN with GODS PLAN DESTINED for our lives.

#FREE WILL VS DESTINY, :-)

1 Like

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by ElsonMorali: 12:05pm On Jun 03, 2018
SuperWorld:

M not a pastor but I can answer that as well.
God have set some laws and principles for men to follow.....
and.... he that breaks the hedge shall the serpent bite...
He can prevent any death of course. ...
But .....he shows mercy to whom he wants to show....

So are you saying that it is possible for a strand of hair to fall from your head without God knowing about it or that if he knows about it he is powerless to do anything about it because he has already put a law in place, so God is limited by His own law? And his power over and knowledge of his creatures is limited because of this law?
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by CeeKay17: 12:06pm On Jun 03, 2018
ElsonMorali:

He has the power to influence anything that happens here, it doesn't mean he uses his powers all the time. Was it God's plan for Lucifer to rebel against him?
God gave us the power of choice, I can decide to jump into the Lagos lagoon today and there's absolutely nothing anybody can do about it, it doesn't mean that's God's will or plan for my life.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by ElsonMorali: 12:06pm On Jun 03, 2018
ollah2:

Oh so God is cool with people dying in his religious houses? Why would he let that happen when the bolded already happened ?

You are quoting another human being. Is he an authority on life and death and God's will?
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by femi4: 12:06pm On Jun 03, 2018
ElsonMorali:

So as a Christian you don't believe that Jesus is actually God and the Will of the Father is the same as the Will of the Son and is the same as the Will of the Holy Spirit?

What kind of a Christian are you then?
I believed. My position is that not every death is God's will and I ve given examples. You can't tell me that Abel's death, lot's wife turning to pillar of salt are God's will
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by ElsonMorali: 12:08pm On Jun 03, 2018
Tripleclick:
God can.. Only if you have his grace... Only his children can be saved... You cannot be a cultist and be killed and tell me it is the will of God... What if Yu repented beforehand? Will you still die?

So all those who die in car accidents too are sinners?

What about those who have cancer or other terminal diseases? Are they all sinners too?
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by ElsonMorali: 12:09pm On Jun 03, 2018
SuperWorld:

You go can enter ur room and hang yourself and expect God to break the rope before u die...
and of course God's will for no man to hang himself.

You aren't making much sense here sir. You are contradicting yourself.

It's either God is Omniscient and Omnipotent or he isn't. Pick your choice.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by SuperWorld(m): 12:11pm On Jun 03, 2018
ElsonMorali:

So are you saying that it is possible for a strand of hair to fall from your head without God knowing about it or that if he knows about it he is powerless to do anything about it because he has already put a law in place, so God is limited by His own law? And his power over and knowledge of his creatures is limited because of this law?
when u write an exam and .....does that mean the examiner's wills to fail u??
or can't prevent u from passing
That's the justice of God...
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by seguno2: 12:11pm On Jun 03, 2018
femi4:
All powerful, All knowing yet he gave man a will to choose.

That he knows about some events doesn't mean he approves them

God was aware that Cain killed Abel, it wasn't his will that Abel should die, but he was aware

How do you know that it was not God’s will
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by herraph: 12:11pm On Jun 03, 2018
ElsonMorali:

So are you saying that God is powerless to prevent the killings of Christians by Boko Haram?

It is man's responsibility to be killed if he wants to get killed.

God didn't come down from heaven to fight for Israel. He can only assist you if you take action.

God is not powerless, He will assist His children if they take action.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by ElsonMorali: 12:11pm On Jun 03, 2018
Tripleclick:
when you are tempted God does not know if you will fall or resist it... It depends on which one you choose for yrself

So you are saying that God does not know everything. That means he isn't Omniscient.

Is that what you mean? Because that's blasphemy.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by CeeKay17: 12:12pm On Jun 03, 2018
ElsonMorali:

Just one question for you. Do you believe that God is already in the future and knows exactly everything that will happen in the future?

If he does why did he create Satan if he knew that Satan will cause havoc?

When you've answered that then your eyes will be opened.
No he doesn't. God knows the expected outcome of everything, e.g he knows what will happen if I go left, right, front or back, but he doesn't know which way I'm going to go (only me know that)
He knew what will happen if Adam ate the apple, but he didn't know if Adam will eat the apple or not, otherwise he wouldn't have put it there in the first place.
Which means God has a will and plan for everything, but not everything goes according to his plan. There's this post I saw on Facebook in 2016. When I find it I'll post it here
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by Tripleclick(m): 12:13pm On Jun 03, 2018
ElsonMorali:

So all those who die in car accidents too are sinners?

What about those who have cancer or other terminal diseases? Are they all sinners too?
All this are natural phenomenon.. Accident having been happening for years and will continue to happen in every part of the world.. Some are caused by man and some a natural cause... Cancer didn't just appeared from nowhere .. Something caused it
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by nepapole(m): 12:14pm On Jun 03, 2018
bionixs:
so it's GOD WILL that one should die early and go to hell as an armed robber after several warning to change ,abi ?? just make sure say you hold yourself hand as you they accuse GOD. for those giving you likes for your opata view, they need a doctor.
Broda, nofn happens except that God Wills it. That's jus d plain truth.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by seguno2: 12:14pm On Jun 03, 2018
vicardino:
Jesus died for the completion of his assignment, his main purpose of coming into this world was to die so that he could grant us victory over death amongst other things. Are you dying early to complete your own assignment?

What do you mean by “victory over death”?
Everyone dies when their assignment on earth is completed. Everyone, whether you term it early or ripe.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by vicardino(m): 12:14pm On Jun 03, 2018
Oga, who were u trying to quote? You have forgotten your glasses o
ollah2:

Oh so God is cool with people dying in his religious houses? Why would he let that happen when the bolded already happened ?

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by showboy25(m): 12:15pm On Jun 03, 2018
nepapole:
Every death is the will of God.
read James 1:13
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by noble2faith(m): 12:17pm On Jun 03, 2018
englishmart:
only Muslims think this way. The thought of God is of good and not evil.

God bless you beyond ur imagination.

Not only Muslims dat think that way, even the pagans.
They believe every thing that has happened, is happening and that will happen to a man has been preordained by God.

That is to say, the way a man is going to live his life, whether good or bad, even his eternity, has been preordained. If you are educated graduate with certificate and you stick to this belief, please, do yourself a favour by throwing your certificate into fire.

I once asked a Muslim man this question, "If you have d power to create living things like human, after creating human, you design his personality to be evil, callous and most wicked, and at the end you throw him into unquenchable fire because of his nature knowing fully well that you designed him like that, what are you?"
The guy was silent.

I went further, "I believe if you have such power, you will not do that. If we, as humans with d level of our wickedness, cannot do dat, why should we think God, whom we label as the most merciful, most gracious and epitome of goodness, does such evil."

He said, "God is unquestionable. Whatever He does, whether it looks good or bad in sight of man, cannot be questioned by man".

I replied, "you are right. But God is good and He has no trace of evil. Sometimes men are the architect of misfortunes that befall them. You are warned not to involve in sexual immorality, you turn deaf ears to the warning, and eventually you contracted STD which now lead to your death. Who is to be blamed, God or man? If it is true dat that is d way God designed his life to live an immoral life and how he was going to die, and at the end he will go to hell fire, then God is more evil than devil. The conclusion thereof is that God is good, His thought towards us is good, not evil. Additionally, the destiny of a man lies in his hand. He just needs God to help him."

The guy left me.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by herraph: 12:17pm On Jun 03, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

"EVERYTHING IS GOD'S WILL", THE BIBLE MENTIONED THAT COUNTLESSLY.

BESIDES GOD KNEW EVE WOULD EAT THE FRUIT BEFORE PLANTING IT. HE KNEW THEY'D SUCCUMB TO THE DEVILS TRICK EVEN BEFORE HE CREATED THE WORLD... DIDN'T HE?

LET'S ASSUME THAT EVE DIDN'T EAT THE FRUIT.. NO SIN, NO DEATH.
WHAT WAS GOD'S INTENTION WHEN HE DESIGNED THE CARNIVOROUS ANIMALS? THE PARASITES THAT DEPENDS ON OTHER LIVING ORGANISMS (INCLUDING MAN) FOR SURVIVAL?
LIONS AND CROCODILES DON'T EAT SAND. FROM THEIR DENTITION AND DIGESTIVE SYSTEM IT'S OBVIOUS THAT THOSE GUYS WERE BUILT TO CONSUME ANIMALS (AND HUMANS).
IMAGINE THINGS DON'T DIE.. DO YOU KNOW HOW POPULATED THE EARTH WILL BE AFTER 4BILLION YEARS OF EXISTENCE? TREES, ANIMALS, HUMANS, FISHES, SOIL DWELLERS.. ETC.

SO IT'S GOD'S PLAN THAT EVERYTHING DIES. IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE THEN YOU ADMIT THERE'S NO GOD, AND EVERYTHING JUST WORKS NATURALLY WITHOUT ANY SUPERNATURAL DESIGN.

If there is a Prophecy that one day you will be very wealthy. Do you think you will end up wealthy if your don't work and lie on your bed all day long

Faith come with action, so therefore God works with action.

That was how ISLAM occupied turkey and the Christian said it's the will of God. Keep saying it's the will of God when bad things happen.

If you don't take action for your life is not God fault, it's your fault. God will assist you if you take action.

If tomorrow Fulani herdsmen enter my village I will fight, I won't say it's the will of God when God has given me hands and machete to fight.
I won't say it's the will of God for Fulani herdsmen to take over my village.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by ElsonMorali: 12:19pm On Jun 03, 2018
CeeKay17:

He has the power to influence anything that happens here, it doesn't mean he uses his powers all the time. Was it God's plan for Lucifer to rebel against him?
God gave us the power of choice, I can decide to jump into the Lagos lagoon today and there's absolutely nothing anybody can do about it, it doesn't mean that's God's will or plan for my life.

So he doesn't use His powers all the time? So when does he use His power? For example, why doesn't he protect the little girls from being defiled by their dads or uncles?

Why doesn't he protect Christians from being slaughtered by radical Islamists?
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by Tripleclick(m): 12:19pm On Jun 03, 2018
ElsonMorali:

So you are saying that God does not know everything. That means he isn't Omniscient.

Is that what you mean? Because that's blasphemy.
I dnt think you understand what temptation is... When you are tempted.. God only knows what will happen if you choose right or left... That's why heaven celebrates if you overcome
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by ElsonMorali: 12:21pm On Jun 03, 2018
femi4:
I believed. My position is that not every death is God's will and I ve given examples. You can't tell me that Abel's death, lot's wife turning to pillar of salt are God's will

How do you know it's not God's will? How much of the Divinity do you know?
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 03, 2018
sshyne:
God is aware of everyone that dies on earth but not all of them was his will. When you say the will of God, you simply mean his deeds meaning he took there life's willingly. Now what some of you are trying to say is God is responsible for all those chrildren dying of starvation in some war torn Africa countries? Please think before you speak.

The phrase "GOD'S WILL" was just a consolation to the people when they loose a loved one. For your information the the devil is the ruler of this world, let's put it like this the world is on lease to the devil till the second coming of Christ.

Imagine someone had an accident and was meant to be rushed to the hospital but the nearest hospital is over 40km away and the ambulance couldnt get there on time so he died. Would you call that the will of God? And whereas if the same senerio happened in a developed country the person as a higher percentage of surviving. Think about it and remove those lies the pastors as told you from your head.

God is not responsible for all death.

Do you know that the same person can still be saved by God? Even if the hospital is 200km away? We human beings should just accept that God's way is not our ways. We reason and talk base on our understanding. To be sincere with you, there are many things in the holy books that even the most righteous man don't understand and they gave it the meaning base on their knowledge and understanding.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by jbtobsyn(m): 12:22pm On Jun 03, 2018
ElsonMorali:

Blasphemy.

Every death no matter how gruesome is accommodated in God's will.

Nothing that happens in this life is outside the will of God.

That man is a fake. You better change your church. He doesn't know what he's speaking about.

To suggest that some things can happen outside of God's will is to suggest that God is not Omniscient or Omnipotent. That is blasphemy.
So if someone shoots you,it is the will of God in your life. I can make a second decision and kill someone,that is not death from God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

About The High Rate Of People Luring Others Into Sex / Prophet Iginla: Pray For 2019 Presidential Election In Nigeria / Pastor Chris Okafor's Private Jet Is Chartered And Not Owned By Him - LIB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.