Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,025 members, 7,821,562 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? (24061 Views)

The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja / The Basic Reason Why Nigeria Marriages Fail - Pastor Sunday Adelaja / Fleur Carine Matip: "Pastor Sunday Adelaja Wanted Sex From Me, Has My Photos" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by ElsonMorali: 3:41pm On Jun 03, 2018
Paradigm777:

Someone's death might be an acceptable will but not perfect will of God....
Was d birth of Ismael a perfect will of God for Abraham or acceptable /permissive will of God?

I see that you/your pastor has divided God's will into two, acceptable and perfect.

I want you to meditate on this:

God's will is always perfect. Everything about God, all His attributes are always perfect and that includes His will.

To say God's will is not perfect at times is to say God is not perfect.

That's blasphemy.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by victorazyvictor(m): 3:44pm On Jun 03, 2018
nepapole:
Every death is the will of God.
Will because he allowed it, but not his wish to man.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by ElsonMorali: 3:44pm On Jun 03, 2018
Tripleclick:
Dnt say "his will" we overcome temptation through our own willingness and Gods grace.

Are you aware that you are subjected to temptations because He wills it?
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by ElsonMorali: 3:47pm On Jun 03, 2018
Tripleclick:
All this things are from mother nature.. God does not own this world... He owns the people in it.. One thing he did was that he gives every man the freedom to choose any path he likes

Oh Lawd!!!

God does not own this world?

Wow. When you get to church next week Sunday just help me tell your pastor say e no dey try at all.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by ElsonMorali: 3:49pm On Jun 03, 2018
GRACEGLORY:

Then, you mean the scripture is contradicting sir, because, these are what it says, and not my own words.

You mean your own interpretation of the Scriptures. There's no guarantee that your interpretation of the Scriptures is correct.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by herraph: 3:49pm On Jun 03, 2018
ElsonMorali:

Lol.

So death is a bad thing? How do you intend to enjoy heaven if you don't die first?

So Jesus Christ that was put to death on the Cross is also a bad person.

What about his apostles that were all killed?

Wow. You guys have a long way to go yet, but unfortunately all of you only think about these things only on Sunday when you go to Church.

It's obvious that the next great philosopher isn't coming out of this generation. That's for sure.

Rubbish. You have been deceived by your Pastor
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by ElsonMorali: 3:49pm On Jun 03, 2018
ollah2:

You can give your appropriate answer regardless of the question.

No I can't.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by ElsonMorali: 3:51pm On Jun 03, 2018
herraph:

Rubbish. You have been deceived by your Pastor

Lol. I am my own pastor. I don't give my eternal destiny to the care of some hapless individual whose sole interest is leaching off of me.

Awaken your mind and you'll be shown the Truth.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by HausaOverlord: 4:02pm On Jun 03, 2018
victorazyvictor:

Will because he allowed it,
but not his wish to man.
WTF undecided
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by Sheguama: 4:03pm On Jun 03, 2018
The Pastor's assertion was so poorly delivered. And he was wrong. He sounded like a mediocre Christian
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by HausaOverlord: 4:03pm On Jun 03, 2018
I thut y'all said everything happening in the world has been preordained by God, so wic one is he willed it but it is not his wish again na
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by UbiPetrus: 4:13pm On Jun 03, 2018
ElsonMorali:

Contradiction.

He knows everything but he is powerless do anything about it.

That's the meaning of your statement.
That is not the meaning of my statement. It is what you understood it to mean.

Let me ask you;

Was it God's will that Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit and get banished from the Eden Garden?
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by Paradigm777: 4:36pm On Jun 03, 2018
ElsonMorali:

I see that you/your pastor has divided God's will into two, acceptable and perfect.

I want you to meditate on this:

God's will is always perfect. Everything about God, all His attributes are always perfect and that includes His will.

To say God's will is not perfect at times is to say God is not perfect.
B
That's blasphemy.
Sir, pls u've not answered my question. All the the same, was it God's will for Adam and Eve to eat of the forbidden fruit? (Don't forget God is omniscient)
The earthquake and evil happening around the world, is it God's perfect will for sinners to go to hell?
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by deeman001: 4:43pm On Jun 03, 2018
i'm not a web market but i strongly felt i need to share this with people out here, to also benefit from this ofer while it last. I sincerely do not know how long this offer is gonna last but i will urge you to make good use of the opportunity now. i understand alot of people will doubt me, have heard of alot of make money online web that turns out to be a joke or lies, but i tell you what, this just proved itsef worthy. i can send a picture to confirm how real this is. the picture will justify how real this is. here is the web - http://ewomoney.site/2501302958665/

An more importantly, your earning depends on how much you can type. registration is free. i mean totally FREE .. i know some people will still doubt me and criticize me but i wont be surprise though. i just pray someone gets lucky now and get involve, enjoy it while it last . thanks
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by Reference(m): 4:47pm On Jun 03, 2018
If a Christian is desirous of long life and raps God about it all the time then invariably the angels will open your file and examine all what you've done with the time God has given so far. If it has been spent for Him then you have a case, if not it is genuine proof you love the world. There is no compelling reason to love long life if you are not working for God. Without God, time is meaningless. Paul said life means Christ, death means gain. That is the proper perspective.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by HausaOverlord: 5:08pm On Jun 03, 2018
Reference:
If a Christian is desirous of long life and raps God about it all the time then invariably the angels will open your file and examine all what you've done with the time God has given so far. If it has been spent for Him then you have a case, if not it is genuine proof you love the world. There is no compelling reason to love long life if you are not working for God. Without God, time is meaningless. Paul said life means Christ, death means gain. That is the proper perspective.
lmao chai my people
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by Olabenjamen22(m): 5:10pm On Jun 03, 2018
Babagy823:
why are christians so afraid of death? many christians go to church just to hear their pastor shout "you will never die this year/young" i am a muslim and i dont give a fvck about death, let it come anytime and i will embrace it willingly because its the will of God. thats why we dont do autopsy to find the cause of death, to what end since the deceased is not coming back? its a sin to keep a dead man and[b] not bury him in time to meet with his lord.[/b] every death is the will of God. just do good, enjoy your life and wait for your time, i have never prayed not to die, infact i pray to die at the right time. thats the thinking of we muslims about death.

1. No body request for your Muslim opinion here on Christian trend so Bleep off.

2. So if they never bury someone dead body, he won't be able to meet is maker? What a mindset.

3. Lol, so Muslim don't afraid of death but they will be the one to first shout Allah in the cars when there is an accident.
What a trash.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by staggerman(m): 5:12pm On Jun 03, 2018
blackpanda:
Death is a part of life. If people don't die nobody will live. Its a cycle designed to ensure survival of our species. So no, death is also Gods design.

Death was not God's design or plan. Death came through sin. If you say death was God's plan from the beginning, then you imply that God brought sin into the world, cos the only way death gained entrance into the world was through sin.

The life of Enoch, Elijah, Moses and Jesus should let you know that there was a higher plan to move to the next phase.... Man was supposed to be translated from earth to Heaven without seeing death.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by Neoteny(m): 5:13pm On Jun 03, 2018
post=68130729:
Not every death is the will of God....

This is a True man of God.

More of these videos Op.

Aren't you supposed to be grilling?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by blackpanda: 5:17pm On Jun 03, 2018
staggerman:

Death was not God's design or plan. Death came through sin. If you say death was God's plan from the beginning, then you imply that God brought sin into the world, cos the only way death gained entrance into the world was through sin.

The life of Enoch, Elijah, Moses and Jesus should let you know that there was a higher plan to move to the next phase.... Man was supposed to be translated from earth to Heaven without seeing death.

Whether u translate or evaporate to heaven without during or not, my point is that one way or the other the earth must be depopulated to save the species.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by bionixs: 5:30pm On Jun 03, 2018
nepapole:

Broda, nofn happens except that God Wills it. That's jus d plain truth.
sir,no biblical backing.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by Olabenjamen22(m): 5:56pm On Jun 03, 2018
ElsonMorali:

Just one question for you. Do you believe that God is already in the future and knows exactly everything that will happen in the future?

If he does why did he create Satan if he knew that Satan will cause havoc?

When you've answered that then your eyes will be opened.

1. I hope you believe that both angel and human have a free will.

And about Satan issue, the ultimate will of God for Satan is not to fall, it is will that Satan choose that fall him.
What am trying to say is that in the GOD design for Satan, Their is a point where God allow Satan to choose either To rebel against him or to work with him. God know the outcomes of the two will he gave Satan but he did not know which one Satan will follow.

That's what is called free will, God know all the possible outcomes of Your will but he did not choose your will for you. Peace
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by anataala: 6:23pm On Jun 03, 2018
Every death is a by his will it doesn't matter how old are you.
johnnyvid:
Can A Person’s Early Death Be The Will Of God - Pastor Sunday Adelaja. watch the interview Here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc375-kCjVo
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by Makarous(m): 6:41pm On Jun 03, 2018
ElsonMorali:

Blasphemy.

Every death no matter how gruesome is accommodated in God's will.

Nothing that happens in this life is outside the will of God.

That man is a fake. You better change your church. He doesn't know what he's speaking about.

To suggest that some things can happen outside of God's will is to suggest that God is not Omniscient or Omnipotent. That is blasphemy.
your argument is lopsided.. Ok?? Think objectively and rationally on this issue, then, you would get it. Cheers.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by Nobleking1994(m): 6:52pm On Jun 03, 2018
staggerman:

You guys keep complicating issues with your opinions and answers.

Firstly you said that death came through sin which means that God being omniscient (all knowing) knows that sin will come into this world which will cause death.

If you say that God is aware that sin will come into this world and cause death then it means he is not all knowing so which one are you choosing is he aware or not.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by poseidon12: 7:23pm On Jun 03, 2018
blackpanda:
Death is a part of life. If people don't die nobody will live. Its a cycle designed to ensure survival of our species. So no, death is also Gods design.

The question is about people dying young.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by poseidon12: 7:44pm On Jun 03, 2018
For those who believe that every death is the will of God, do you exercise caution when you cross the road or do you just cross the road (without looking to make sure the road is clear) since you are not expected to be hit if it is not God's will?
I ask this question because I believe there are a lot of premature and avoidable deaths in poor countries like Nigeria.
This is a complex topic and I don't think anyone of us is sure of the answer.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by poseidon12: 7:58pm On Jun 03, 2018
karlboss:

Sorry I just felt like digressing a bit
I want to use your own Bible to tell you something different there is book called Esdras( though it was removed). He asked an Angel an interesting question. 2 Esdras 5 vs 43-44
I replied, but couldn't you have created all human beings those present, past, future so that they live at the same time, in that way you could have your judgement sooner

He answered the creation cannot move faster than the creator and besides the world pwouldn't have been able to hold everyone if everyone has been created the same time

This simply means death was in God's plan from the beginning

I always ask these question let us say Adam didn't eat the fruit and there is no sin, will lion eat grass because there is no death. Will human not eat meat

God created death for every living thing Adam sin did not bring death. The enemy didn't do anything, whether you live dangerous or holy we must die. Even if God and Satan forget your matter and you live for 1000 years you must still die.

Interesting. But the question is about early or premature death.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by DavidEsq(m): 9:36pm On Jun 03, 2018
JourneytoEL:
Job 34:10--far be it from God to do evil and wickedness(summary),it depends on what you refer to as evil and wickedness, paying bad for good is an example of what evil and wickedness is not the death of a righteous man which causes jubilation or bringing about a war to take people back to the worship of God, as I said the thoughts of man and God ain't the same
Punishing evil is a principle of universal justice which God is author of. However, a righteous man dying is evidence of wat we got from Adam. Does Romans 5:12 seem lost on u?
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by DavidEsq(m): 9:38pm On Jun 03, 2018
karlboss:

Let me answer the second paragraph with a very popular example.
Do you know Thurston shaw. The famous archeologist who worked on Igbo ukwu in Anambra and discovered some skull work in iwe elero in either osun or Ondo state. When he was in His 60 he fell very sick the doctor told him time up, something suddenly happened a woman a Canadian researcher wanted to know about his archeologist work in Africa after some time they fell in love on his sick bed the guy suddenly woke up became Normal married the woman gave birth and lived till 90 something years. How can you explain this and so many examples i can't write here.
My brother it is a mystery we can't understand.

For your last paragraph I swear I have nothing to say about that because we can't say if it's God will or Satan will but or our human will
Since u don't have an explanation to my last paragraph, do u think the bible offers such explanation? In view of 2 Timothy 3:16?
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? by ElsonMorali: 9:39pm On Jun 03, 2018
Olabenjamen22:

1. I hope you believe that both angel and human have a free will.

And about Satan issue, the ultimate will of God for Satan is not to fall, it is will that Satan choose that fall him.
What am trying to say is that in the GOD design for Satan, Their is a point where God allow Satan to choose either To rebel against him or to work with him. God know the outcomes of the two will he gave Satan but he did not know which one Satan will follow.

That's what is called free will, God know all the possible outcomes of Your will but he did not choose your will for you. Peace

You've made very good points especially the bolded.

But it still doesn't solve the issue of the perfect will of God and the perfect knowledge of God.

If God's knowledge is perfect then that means he knows everything. And if his will is perfect then that means everything that happens is contained in his will.

This opens up another sphere of theory. The theory of the parallel universes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Gideon Isah Replies Yanick Aka Over Allegations Against Prophet Fufeyin / Bishop Oyedepo To Establish 5,000 Churches Across The World In 2019 / Footballers And Supporters Going To Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.