Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,795 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Rich God Or Poor God—whom Do You Serve? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Rich God Or Poor God—whom Do You Serve? (397 Views)

Who will you serve the meat? / Dating A Nigerian Girl When You Are Broke Or Poor - 2019 Solution / This Is Why Rich Guys Don't Marry Poor Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rich God Or Poor God—whom Do You Serve? by EzendiEgo1: 7:12am On Jun 03, 2018

RICH GOD OR POOR GOD—WHOM DO YOU SERVE?

magine a wealthy father whose abundant riches are so great that no one can even begin to guess his net worth. Everyone believes this father to be kind, generous and loving. In fact, even perfect strangers testify to this father's desire to provide the good life for those who serve him.However, a paradox exists, for many of the children of this most wealthy father sincerely believe he expects them to live meagerly instead of abundantly. They feel they must dwell in mortgaged homes with debt weighing heavily upon their shoulders, hopelessly enslaved to lack and continual need. While faithfully praising the goodness of their father, they never seem to break out of the paralyzing grip of insufficiency. All of this takes place while their rich father's wealth continues to compound, and they fall further and further behind, accumulating bill upon bill, credit card upon credit card, and debt upon debt.To make matters worse, whenever a special opportunity for the advancement of the father's aggressive expansion program arises, his children must all generously chip in to pay for the new program. They continually encourage one another to scrimp and scrape to fund these special advancement projects for their rich father.

These children sincerely believe that it's up to them to provide for their father's dream of world evangelism. Would you call this father loving, kind or generous? I think not. In fact, when a father in today's culture fails to provide for his children, he is called abusive and uncaring. The courts often force such rogue fathers to pay child support, attaching their wages to assure that their children's needs are properly met. In plain words, the court of public opinion would brand this father's actions as blatant child abuse. How strange it must seem to the lost people of this world that the notoriously rich God of heaven would so poorly provide for His own children! Now here is the truth of the matter: As children of God, we have a heavenly Father who "owns the cattle on a thousand hills" (Psalm 50:10). The rich God of the Scripture openly declares, "The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the LORD of hosts" (Haggai 2:8 ). Everyone knows the real God has limitless assets. However, much too often His children declare to the world by their diminished lifestyles that He should be classified as a poor god! They are constantly using every possible means to raise funds for their various projects, while they go without the things they need in their personal lives. The thinking folks of this world ask, and rightly so, "How is it possible that a truly rich Father would have so many poor children?" I ask you again, how can this be when Abraham, the earthly father of the Judeo-Christian faith, calls the God of heaven Jehovah Jireh, the one who abundantly provides for His children (Genesis 22:14)? Contrary to this truth, these povertyminded saints should rename their god Jehovah Needy, the god whose children provide for him. With this in mind, please allow me to ask you the following questions:

*Are you presenting to the world that your God is rich or poor? •
*Is your Heavenly Father Jehovah Jireh (the God who provides) or Jehovah Needy (the god whose children provide for him)?

Re: Rich God Or Poor God—whom Do You Serve? by EzendiEgo1: 7:22am On Jun 03, 2018
Who do you serve
Re: Rich God Or Poor God—whom Do You Serve? by adegeye38(m): 7:53am On Jun 03, 2018
God is Rich and not poor
Re: Rich God Or Poor God—whom Do You Serve? by EzendiEgo1: 7:56am On Jun 03, 2018
adegeye38:
God is Rich and not poor
I ask a question bro
Re: Rich God Or Poor God—whom Do You Serve? by adegeye38(m): 8:11am On Jun 03, 2018
EzendiEgo1:
I ask a question bro
I serve a living and powerfull God
Re: Rich God Or Poor God—whom Do You Serve? by EzendiEgo1: 8:16am On Jun 03, 2018
adegeye38:

I serve a living and powerfull God
so am the one that serve a powerless God abi.
Re: Rich God Or Poor God—whom Do You Serve? by ubunja(m): 9:12am On Jun 03, 2018
matthew26:11
"The poor you will always have with you"

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

My Continental Business Affair- A Short Story / How To Avoid Dating A Married Man / Nigerian Man Shares Story Of How His Wife Secretly Another Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.