Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,035 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

What's The Key To Successful Relationships? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's The Key To Successful Relationships? (7527 Views)

Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / An Introverts Guide To Successful Flirting/dating / He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Key To Successful Relationships? by Pweety4me(f): 11:29pm On Feb 18, 2011
The simple things you need to know to deepen your partnership and make your relationship work, especially when things seem to going sour is:

1. Learn that punishing your partner won't work. It may make you feel better to give them a hard time, but it will actually make them dig their heels in more. A better tactic is to reward the things you like and ignore what you don't like.

2. Money is the number one cause of couple conflict. For a relationship to work, you need to address your finances and work out a budget.

3. If the domestic work is not divided fairly between you, it will cause friction in your relationship. Make a list of the domestic tasks, talk it through with your partner and mobilise the whole family, your partner included, to share the work.

4. If you have children, involve your partner as much as possible with the childcare - even if you feel they are not as good at it as you are. It's important to present a united front to your children.

5. Sort out your sex life. The sex may ebb and flow over the years, but if sex starts going downhill, don't just accept it. As soon as you notice a slide, question why and then work at bringing the passion back.

6. Don't assume you won't be tempted to have an affair as almost everyone is. You need to learn to resist. If you do stray, don't feel it spells the end of your relationship. Most couples recover, particularly from a one-night-stand, and often find that unrooting the cause of the affair helps them to get even closer. So, you need to learn to resist. But don't think that an affair is the end of everything.

7. Remember that boredom typically covers up anger. If you feel bored with him, ask yourself what you're angry about.

8. Be aware that men generally feel overwhelmed by emotion more than women do. If he's angry or tearful, half an hour's 'unflooding' time to himself will help get his balance back and make him more able to interact positively with you.

Good luck to all that want a successful relationship

Feel free to add ur own smiley
Re: What's The Key To Successful Relationships? by livedit(f): 11:45pm On Feb 18, 2011
Not much more you can add. You pretty much covered it. However, I think the most valued key to obtaining and sustaining a successful relationship is "Keeping God first in both of your lives." Having a strong prayer life with your Creator and by doing this, he will reveal to you and him that it was Him that ordained you two to be together.
Re: What's The Key To Successful Relationships? by Pweety4me(f): 11:51pm On Feb 18, 2011
Lol i didn't even read that stuff. cool tongue
Re: What's The Key To Successful Relationships? by Pweety4me(f): 11:51pm On Feb 18, 2011
livedit:

Not much more you can add. You pretty much covered it. However, I think the most valued key to obtaining and sustaining a successful relationship is "Keeping God first in both of your lives." Having a strong prayer life with your Creator and by doing this, he will reveal to you and him that it was Him that ordained you two to be together.
Yea sure smiley
Re: What's The Key To Successful Relationships? by 190: 11:55pm On Feb 18, 2011
angry angry undecided undecided undecided
Re: What's The Key To Successful Relationships? by r231(m): 12:00am On Feb 19, 2011
i see grin
Re: What's The Key To Successful Relationships? by Pweety4me(f): 12:05am On Feb 19, 2011
r231:

i see grin
I dey suspect u like i ave said.
Re: What's The Key To Successful Relationships? by Nobody: 12:10am On Feb 19, 2011
Also a family that prays together, stays together.
Re: What's The Key To Successful Relationships? by r231(m): 12:12am On Feb 19, 2011
Pweety4me:

I dey suspect u like i ave said.

wetin i do nah cheesy
Re: What's The Key To Successful Relationships? by Pweety4me(f): 12:17am On Feb 19, 2011
r231:

wetin i do nah cheesy

where madam?
Re: What's The Key To Successful Relationships? by r231(m): 12:20am On Feb 19, 2011
Pweety4me:

where madam?

she is sleeping now

she is tired
Re: What's The Key To Successful Relationships? by Pweety4me(f): 12:23am On Feb 19, 2011
r231:

she is sleeping now

she is tired
What did u do to her? grin
Re: What's The Key To Successful Relationships? by r231(m): 12:30am On Feb 19, 2011
Pweety4me:

What did u do to her? grin

hahahaha. . . . . me ke no o

or what did they do to her at work
Re: What's The Key To Successful Relationships? by Pweety4me(f): 12:33am On Feb 19, 2011
Hmm, i hope no1 is doin something else to her @ work o! lipsrsealed
Re: What's The Key To Successful Relationships? by r231(m): 12:38am On Feb 19, 2011
Pweety4me:

Hmm, i hope no1 is doin something else to her @ work o! lipsrsealed

its not dat kind of party darling

sometimes her job can be stressful

so i understand
Re: What's The Key To Successful Relationships? by Pweety4me(f): 12:40am On Feb 19, 2011
r231:

its not dat kind of party darling

sometimes her job can be stressful

so i understand
Sorry sir, i should know better cool
Re: What's The Key To Successful Relationships? by Pweety4me(f): 12:41am On Feb 19, 2011
R u a house-husband? sad
Re: What's The Key To Successful Relationships? by r231(m): 12:49am On Feb 19, 2011
Pweety4me:

R u a house-husband? sad

hehehehehehehehehehehehehe cheesy grin cheesy grin

hellllll nooooooooo darling. . . . . . i work full time and run a business as well here and bck home

my job is not dat stressful
Re: What's The Key To Successful Relationships? by Nobody: 1:16am On Feb 19, 2011
r231:

hellllll nooooooooo darling. . . . . .  i [b]work full time and run a business [/b]as well here and bck home

Hey I do that too.
But I didn't think that's something I would be able to do married, a day being only 24 hours and all. Unless you're not married.
Re: What's The Key To Successful Relationships? by coolgb(m): 1:22am On Feb 19, 2011
shocked D key? If u hav not gotten a broken knee,then go down
Re: What's The Key To Successful Relationships? by Pweety4me(f): 3:23am On Feb 19, 2011
r231:

hellllll nooooooooo darling. . . . . . i work full time and run a business as well here and bck home

Lol wat's wrong with that? tongue. . .umm so when am i gonna be invited 2 see ur office? wink smiley
Re: What's The Key To Successful Relationships? by Pweety4me(f): 3:23am On Feb 19, 2011
coolgb:

shocked D key? If u hav not gotten a broken knee,then go down
Re: What's The Key To Successful Relationships? by drgica74: 1:29pm On Feb 19, 2011
The key to successful relationship is not love,but understanding. I tell you understanding breeds love.
Re: What's The Key To Successful Relationships? by Orikinla(m): 1:41pm On Feb 19, 2011
Pweety4me:

The simple things you need to know to deepen your partnership and make your relationship work, especially when things seem to going sour is:

1. Learn that punishing your partner won't work. It may make you feel better to give them a hard time, but it will actually make them dig their heels in more. A better tactic is to reward the things you like and ignore what you don't like.

2. Money is the number one cause of couple conflict. For a relationship to work, you need to address your finances and work out a budget.

3. If the domestic work is not divided fairly between you, it will cause friction in your relationship. Make a list of the domestic tasks, talk it through with your partner and mobilise the whole family, your partner included, to share the work.

4. If you have children, involve your partner as much as possible with the childcare - even if you feel they are not as good at it as you are. It's important to present a united front to your children.

5. Sort out your sex life. The sex may ebb and flow over the years, but if sex starts going downhill, don't just accept it. As soon as you notice a slide, question why and then work at bringing the passion back.

6. Don't assume you won't be tempted to have an affair as almost everyone is. You need to learn to resist. If you do stray, don't feel it spells the end of your relationship. Most couples recover, particularly from a one-night-stand, and often find that unrooting the cause of the affair helps them to get even closer. So, you need to learn to resist. But don't think that an affair is the end of everything.

7. Remember that boredom typically covers up anger. If you feel bored with him, ask yourself what you're angry about.

8. Be aware that men generally feel overwhelmed by emotion more than women do. If he's angry or tearful, half an hour's 'unflooding' time to himself will help get his balance back and make him more able to interact positively with you.

Good luck to all that want a successful relationship

Feel free to add your own smiley

SWEET TALK.
BUT HOW MANY PEOPLE PRACTICE WHAT THEY PREACH OR TEACH?

Hypocrisy is the common bane of every human relationship and unfortunately Hypocrisy is the most practiced religion by humans.

For any relationship to be successful, you need only three things.

1. HONESTY
2. TRANSPARENCY
3. TRUST.

Without these three pillars, the relationship will collapse.
Re: What's The Key To Successful Relationships? by Ranoscky(m): 1:43pm On Feb 19, 2011
drgica74:

The key to successful relationship is not love,but understanding. I tell you understanding breeds love.
+5
Re: What's The Key To Successful Relationships? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 19, 2011
Redundant, but Yes. Having a partner you understand and get along with is bliss.
Re: What's The Key To Successful Relationships? by silvaspecs: 2:17pm On Feb 19, 2011
@ fellis, Gbam! i second.
Re: What's The Key To Successful Relationships? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 19, 2011
[size=15pt]This is a good one Pweety.[/size] grin
Re: What's The Key To Successful Relationships? by yesboss20(m): 2:39pm On Feb 19, 2011
A very good communication btw the parties involved.
Re: What's The Key To Successful Relationships? by Mcleo007(m): 2:46pm On Feb 19, 2011
The key ingredients are; trust,tolerance and understanding.

Re: What's The Key To Successful Relationships? by nevachange(f): 3:03pm On Feb 19, 2011
plenty,plenty money, shikena, wink wink
Re: What's The Key To Successful Relationships? by linsa01(m): 3:14pm On Feb 19, 2011
Well said!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Shares Pictures Of Girls He Had S*x With After Wife Cheated On Him / Why African Marriages Can't Survive In The West / Nigerian Girls Can You Take A Bullet For Your Boyfriend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.