Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,434 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics (62973 Views)

FG Approves Abolition Of HND/BSC Dichotomy / HND Certificates’ Long Road To Obliteration / 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics by Jackossky(m): 9:40am On Jun 06, 2018
autonomous22:

Plz enlighten him....
B. Tech rated higher than Bsc?

Hahahahaha. This one got me
Re: Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics by abrahujaa(m): 9:40am On Jun 06, 2018
[quote author=Firmjudge post=68218581]

All Federal University of Technology issue a B.tech certificate which is usually or often rated above Bsc.
I guess you never knew.

Lesson 1: Don't ever rush to comment.
[/quote
You are so so correct.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics by mfm04622: 9:40am On Jun 06, 2018
Edu3Again:
This Almajiri govt is slowly working to destroy the Educational back bone of the South

Please state how exactly.
Re: Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics by mfm04622: 9:42am On Jun 06, 2018
Yankiss:

Rated higher than B.Sc. by who?? Say what you know. I obtained B.Sc. Engineering in five years.

You know courses that take 5 years take 6 in Universities of Technology. Some employers prefer graduates from Universities of Technology. True. Some also prefer those with Engineering from normal universities
Re: Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics by urose93(f): 9:44am On Jun 06, 2018
Yankiss:

Rated higher than B.Sc. by who?? Say what you know. I obtained B.Sc. Engineering in five years.

Stop making fool of yourself. You obtained B.Sc in Engineering? please what is the meaning of B.Sc?
Re: Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics by mfm04622: 9:45am On Jun 06, 2018
niceprof:
Why not upgrade them to full fledged degree awarding institutions as most of them are far better than most universities. As for 70% of their courses being not tech based and needs to be scrapped,you will always need to close the various Universities of Techs,Agrics in the country as over 70% of their courses are also neither tech nor Agric based.

Policies need to be thought through before being pushed to the public domain.

Stop lying! How can you say polytechnics being better than Universities? You said some, mention any Polytechnic better than Universities. Lol! Even the quality of lecturers in universities and Polytechnics are not same and most will have to upgrade themselves or leave when this policy is implemented as they won't have required qualification to teach in Universities
Re: Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics by Ambitionsway: 9:46am On Jun 06, 2018
Jackossky:
So, what's the difference between B. Tech and HND.
We can just simply say, certificate changed name.
So, it will still face the same discrimination.
Do you remember when NEPA was changed to PHCN?
What's the difference between the two?

You said it all.

They will still be the ones to tell you in there offices that Bsc is superior to B. Tech. 9ja education system is rubbish.
Re: Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics by DaBullIT(m): 9:46am On Jun 06, 2018
Jackossky:
So, what's the difference between B. Tech and HND.
We can just simply say, certificate changed name.
So, it will still face the same discrimination.
Do you remember when NEPA was changed to PHCN?
What's the difference between the two?

Bachelor of Technology

Higher national Diploma

Some wires must have crossed paths for you to compare NEPA to PHCN with HND to B.Tec
Re: Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics by mfm04622: 9:50am On Jun 06, 2018
Fran6ik:
u got B.ENG not B. SC.. after 5yrs u dont know wat ur graduated with.. sad

Some schools award B.Sc Engineering.
Re: Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics by tunize(m): 9:51am On Jun 06, 2018
Nedfed:
I was in my ND1 in 2006 when they came with such promises of scrapping HND and adopt B.tech but all was false. After my ND programme with a year Industrial Training (IT) I crossed to the university to further my studies. My people this is 2018 (12yrs after) I av banged Degree, Master's Degree and also running some professional programs yet Polytechnics have not stop awarding HND to their products. Am not here to discriminate cos polytechnics still stand has a gateway to my success but just that don't be deceive by this so called useless govt of our country. Believe in yourself and what you have and I see will all achieving our DREAMS.
Do ur research well cos as we speak auchi poly has been running a b.tech since 2014 and also hnd together.. what scares ppl is jst the fees and all that is on the high side.
Re: Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics by mfm04622: 9:53am On Jun 06, 2018
kazyhm:
Confused state of Nigeria.

What problem is this going to solve ?

instead in my opinion for them to reduce the number of conventional Universities and strengthen Universities of technologies and Polytechnics to empower the middle class and drive the country through technological innovation and development.

well, they've actually succeeded in demoralizing polytechnic graduates from now henceforth..........and i doubt if this myopic reforms will hold water.

This will expand the schools that focuses on technology without reducing conventional universities. This govt equated HND graduates with degree holders and you still say this govt demoralised HND holders?
Re: Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics by tunize(m): 9:53am On Jun 06, 2018
Mean while this news na old news cos this story na like 5 or 4 yrs news.
Re: Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics by mfm04622: 9:55am On Jun 06, 2018
MisterGrace:

With Bachelor Degree holders as lecturers? Ptffffffff grin

That must change as they will now be employees of universities and must have required qualification to work in universities
Re: Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics by mfm04622: 9:59am On Jun 06, 2018
MrBigiman:
shameless country. Nigeria is the only country that wouldn't have a polytechnic system. All thanks to the tussle for Government money. BSC is higher than HND, but in Nigeria the truth is despised.

There is still polytechnics. Just that the highest they can award is ND
Re: Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics by olawummyy(m): 10:00am On Jun 06, 2018
Galadimat:

how can u compare B TECH with HND. It takes good 5 years to obtain the former in any university of technology and its rated higher than BSC.
likewise polytechnic too, cuz de student use 2 yrs fr OND nd a yr IT nd another 2 yrs fr HND =5
Re: Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics by kazyhm(m): 10:04am On Jun 06, 2018
mfm04622:

This will expand the schools that focuses on technology without reducing conventional universities. This govt equated HND graduates with degree holders and you still say this govt demoralised HND holders?

LOL
The equating will frustrate HND holder rather than solving their already overwhelming problems

Except this government employ all of them

They can expunge all technical courses from the conventional schools to make Uni. of Tech. and Poly. more important. this will bring schools to focus on the need for their establishment
Re: Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics by kayusbrown(m): 10:05am On Jun 06, 2018
This is fake, old recycled news. Moderators should pull it down please. You don't scrap institutions by fiat in a democracy. An act of parliament established polytechnics and only an act of parliament can drastically change their mandate. It's sad seeing supposedly educated people believing this nonsense.
Re: Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics by shankara7: 10:16am On Jun 06, 2018
airsaylongcon:

I disagree that B. Tech is higher than a B. Sc for the same course. I'm a Computer Science B. Sc grad and in no way see no value addition why someone from say FUTA will spend 5 years in uni studying the same course and get a B. Tech. It's exactly the some course content whether in a Tech U or regular Uni
It's not the same course content young man. B.Tech is fused with more courses in Engineering and mathematics.
Re: Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics by Dpharisee: 10:17am On Jun 06, 2018
FEC meeting of yesterday? Which date was the 'yesterday'?
This story has been recycled for months now with the same undated 'yesterday' sad sad sad
Re: Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics by Majesticniyi(m): 10:22am On Jun 06, 2018
Na you dey make fool of yourself. I finished from University of Ibadan, studied Mechanical Engineering and was awarded B.Sc. Don't talk if you aren't sure of what you are about to say!

urose93:

Stop making fool of yourself. You obtained B.Sc in Engineering? please what is the meaning of B.Sc?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics by DAREH13: 10:24am On Jun 06, 2018
GREAT! JST WONDERING HOW SUMONE WL GO TO POLY STUDY BANKING ND FINANCE,BIS/PUB ADMIN ETC
Re: Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics by ayoyonet(m): 10:27am On Jun 06, 2018
It's OK. Let wait and see
Re: Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics by ATM624(m): 10:28am On Jun 06, 2018
Galadimat:

how can u compare B TECH with HND. It takes good 5 years to obtain the former in any university of technology and its rated higher than BSC.
. And it take how many years to get HND.....
Re: Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics by autonomous22: 10:50am On Jun 06, 2018
Jackossky:

B. Tech rated higher than Bsc?

Hahahahaha. This one got me

If you "no know, you no know"....
Re: Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics by mapet: 10:54am On Jun 06, 2018
Nedfed:

I no idiiiiots like u will talk

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

gatcha
Re: Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics by airsaylongcon: 10:57am On Jun 06, 2018
janeobasi24:

I disagree with you Sir.... University of Technology offers additional courses. Did you do courses like Engineering Drawing, Engineering Workshop Practice etc?

My point exactly! There is absolutely NO value addition from these courses for non-engineering graduates!
Re: Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 06, 2018
Firmjudge:

All Federal University of Technology issue a B.tech certificate which is usually or often rated above Bsc.
I guess you never knew.

Lesson 1: Don't ever rush to comment.
So if b.tech is rated over b.sc; what of b.eng?
Re: Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics by Mydazz(m): 11:21am On Jun 06, 2018
And this will solve the problem of the education sector in Nigeria?
Education is under concurrent list so why not have a meeting with stakeholders at state level before taking such step.
Moreover, who acquires or what becomes of private polytechnics and monotechnics in Nigeria?
Bunch of fools everywhere in government
Re: Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics by Firmjudge(m): 11:26am On Jun 06, 2018
Movingcoil:

So if b.tech is rated over b.sc; what of b.eng?

As practised in the Public Civil Service in Nigeria based on the Scheme of Civil Service, a graduate with the Bachelor's Degree (BSc) is usually appointed to GL08 Step 1. except for some courses like Law whose entry point was adjusted a few years ago to be above BSc.

But a graduate with B.Eng and B.Tech will be better appreciated and usually comes in with a GL 8 step 3 entry level.
However, most parastatal hand a B.Tech or B. Eng holder with GL 9. This usually happens if their starting GL for Bsc is GL 8 Step 2/3..
B.Tech and B. Eng are the same but above BSc considering it takes 5 years for B.Tech/B.Eng course and 4 years for BSc respectively.
Re: Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics by SlayDaddy(m): 11:31am On Jun 06, 2018
Galadimat:

2 Years of ND
1 year of IT
2 years of HND
calculate
Re: Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics by abimic(m): 11:51am On Jun 06, 2018
frowland:

So sad bro. B.sc ENG? Lol.
Yes, some schools Award Bsc (engineering) while some Beng.. Even FUNAAB offers Bsc in engineering, UNILAG, and I think UNIPORT too but UNIBEN is Beng . It's belittling to say B(tech) is rated higher than Bsc, then I can conclude BPharm and MBBS are rated higher than Btech, u would like controversy a lot over irrelevant issues.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics by Yankiss(m): 11:51am On Jun 06, 2018
urose93:

Bachelor of Science in Engineering of the University of Lagos. Ask and validate if you don't know. Stop making a fool of yourself. grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Top 5 Universities With Terrible Postgraduate Programmes / Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University / Masturbation Notice At The University Of Waterloo, Toronto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.