Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,726 members, 7,837,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! - Foreign Affairs (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! (26384 Views)

Man Arrested For Overtaking Ugandan's Vice President's Convoy (photos) / Cameroon Fires Two Army Officers After Boko Haram raids! / Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 04, 2010
BOMANY:

DID THEY FIND ANY WEAPONS WITHING THE AID MATTERIALS THAT WAS SUPPLIED TO THE PALESTINIANS?

how would they have known there were no weapons on the ship? if they were allowed initially peacefully to search the ship would anybody have died

if u say they dont have rights to Board the ship, then the Activist dont have rights to leave Turkey for Israel they should stay in their home countries. i wonder if Israel gave them visa in the first place, that may be another discussion for another day.

Turkey should go home and deal with the Kurd rebellion they have and leave Israel/Palestine to solve their own problems.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by nopuqeater: 1:10pm On Jun 04, 2010
@frosbel;« #392 on: June 02, 2010, 02:38 PM »  
[Quote]So you are comparing Israel to Nazis even though Hamas, Hizbullah and the Iranian Ayatollah crazies are the ones calling for the annihilation of Jews and Christians. I get your point!![/quote]Israel is worse than Nazi Germany. Proof; they should have been the most sensitive to genocidal killings of all people. At least they experienced it and did not like its taste, but turned around in just few decades to begin it on another people; containing them into a ghetto as the europeans did in Crakow, etc. At best Israel is very hyocritical, carrying out the killing and taking away of land of a people. Get real, man.

[Quote]I never supported the loss of life, but the Jihadist peace activists were asking for it.
I bet you are the type who will rejoice when thousands of Jews or Americans lose their lives in an Islamic terror induced act.[/quote]Ignorance! If I do not support Israel does not translate to my happiness of the loss of the lives of Jews and or Americans. I bet your hatred of Palestine makes you hate joyous at the death of Palestinians, Arabs and Muslims. Is that correct? Pure ignorance on your part, sir.

[Quote]That LAND is as Jewish as Jewish can be.[/quote]Ability to reason is a disease. How? Are the children of the daughters of Jacob not part of the inheritors? Do you claim your mother's bloodline or is it your father's that you must claim? How about the children of the brothers of Jacob? How about the children of Abraham, brothers and sisters of Isaac? I know you hate Ischmael, the first seed of the friend of God. Your repercussion for such decison is awaiting you on the Day of Judgement.

The thieves are the historic peoples who massacred the Jews and chased out the Jews as the word of God prophesied will happen, because the Jews began to worship many false gods, such as the moon god etc.
And when a person goes against the Command of God, the reward is bad for that person. Is it not it?

But the same word of God prophesied they will return to their land.
God does not prophesize. Prophets do. God makes statement of fact and commandment that must come true at the expected time[s].

[Quote]Hmm, not only Holocaust survivors returned, Jews the world over not affected by the Holocaust also returned. Please Think ![/quote]My statement exactly to disproof your lies that the survivors of Holocaust by some miracles defeated a fully ready Arab military eager to kill the "weak" jews/ You need to read about the effort and campaign of the zionists from the 19th century through the time that Israel was finally established by "Stealing" lands and "killing" palestinians who have lived and accepted them many decades and probably centuries before.

[Quote]It is not me who has blind support for Israel, it is the Muslims who have a blind satanic raging hatred for the Jews. And it is this hatred that will be their total downfall.[/quote]Many muslims disproof your statement. Afterall, Turkey a mostly muslim country is a supporter of Isreal as an ally, yet see how the zionist nation rewards them by killing many of their citizens. Liars are satanic. That makes you a satanic. You probably dont know a single jew and the hatred of most zionists of blacks. Maybe you need to learn that there is a You tube video of an Israeli saying that he hates President Obama because of his skin color.

[Quote]Lol. The Jews were given a very small piece of land in 1948 and even that was too much for the Arabs. When the Arabs attacked, that was when the Jews gained more land, by the way land that was originally theirs from time immemorial[/quote]Only a bible thumper will come to this conclusion. God gives based on agreement. When you break the agreement, do you think that God will not follow through with the consequencies of disobedience. The land belong to the decendants and follower of the religion of Abraham. The Jews as you call them do not follow Abraham's religion of full obedience to God. I will leave it at that because I do not want to spoil your appetite.

[Quote]Isaac was his first born in wedlock. Ishmael was born out of wedlock.[/quote]And you have accused Abraham, the friend of God, the father of faith adultery, having his first son, his first child as a bastard! If we go back to how Sarah was so controlling and display a spirit of jealousy, could it be possible that she will be generous enough to allow her husband to sleep with a woman not his wife under the same room as her? You lack spiritua understanding, saying in essence that God will allow His Friend to indulge in adutery, a thing He did not permit before or after.

[Quote]Lol, Look at Muhammad and you will agree with the bible's verdict of a wild man, violent, fighting everyone including his own brothers.[/quote]I had hoped that you will respond as you did. So here is the reality; what therefore is the state of Isaac if his son Jacob was deceitful against his own brother, his grandsons were indended murderers against their brother Joseph, Moses from his bloodline killed innocent Egyptian because of difference in race, all the other leaders killed nations in an unending 40 years of killing spree until they arrived in the so called promised land, Saul, David, Solomon, etc killed people in wars, and finally the killing of your lord (I am going to assume that you are a christian, unless you are something else, definitely not a muslim; thank Allah for that), Jesus, and yes all the other wars and deceitfulness they have been involved in in recent time? Are these the sign of goodness of good son Isaac? I hope your eyes will open up, finally. If isaac is clean, so is Ischmael and therefore your Bible miss the mark. How can we then belief in it? LOL.

[Quote]God prophesied that the Jews will be scattered worldwide because of their sins, but will return in the future (now)[/quote]Prophesy does not come from God. God makes hard statement of facts, commandments. Prophesy when correct is a signalling spirit of true prophet. Prophesy made unfulfilled proofs that the one who says it is not a true prophet of God. Read your Bible and see how many prophesies made unfulfilled, like Ischmael will be a warrior or wild man, yet you have no record of a single war or wilding he was involved in.

[Quote]The Jews have always wanted to live in peace, it is the violent extremists fill with demonic rage that have turned the middle east into what it is today.
Israel is armed to the teeth today because its survival is at stake
[/quote]Jews wanting to live in peace at the expense of others, the palestinians? Crazy mind set that could only come from people like you. If anyone should get punished for Jewish conditions, it should have been the germans and the Christians and Europeans, not palestinians. You love the zionists so much, send them to your bloodlines in some african tribe. I pray that it is not in Nigeria that you come from because it will be a dog day when that happens.

[Quote]Like I said the Jews did not leave willingly but where subjugated defeated and scattered worldwide as the bible rightly mentioned.[/quote]Thank God that the world is not ending today. The final chapter of the "Biblical saga" of the Jews is not here, now. So who knows the future? If the Bible boggled up the issue of Ischmael, maybe it boggled up the Jewish case, too.

But that same bible predicted they will return to their land just before the end of age,
Sorry mate you are on the wrong side of history,
Acoording to you the end is near. How many decades, man, now that the Jews are in their land, belonging to them regardless of any disobedience to Gods's Will? The side of history that is correct is what God decides. You probably dont know that. If I have to go by your statement of Christian vewpoint, when the jews killed your god, they must have lost the favor from God. Why are they not scattered, again or is the Bible wrong again or the christian God changed His mind this time? Afterall, in the past they were scattered because their disobedience.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Mariory(m): 1:56pm On Jun 04, 2010
Romeo4real:

@Mariory -

What exactly is your point? That the "peace activists" chose to defend themselves from heavily armed soldiers attempting to ILLEGALLY board their boat? That they used sticks, metal bars, chains and knives to defend themselves, their boat and their property against soldiers armed with Colt AR-15 A3 Tactical Carbines capable of firing up to 800 rounds per minute? Soldiers who had NO right to board the ship?

IS that your point?

I have no interest in arguing this point again. This will just serve to cloud issues. My contributions to the legality of the interception were made on page 2 of this thread.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Beaf: 2:11pm On Jun 04, 2010
[size=14pt]Why has Israel siezed and refused to release video's, films and camera's from independent journalists who were either with the flotilla or in nearby boats? Why? Is there something to hide?[/size]
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Afam(m): 2:25pm On Jun 04, 2010
Beaf:

[size=14pt]Why has Israel siezed and refused to release video's, films and camera's from independent journalists who were either with the flotilla or in nearby boats? Why? Is there something to hide?[/size]

Such valid questions never cross the minds of these blind supporters of Israel but would rather believe 100% what IDF sanctioned video footages show.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Tudor6(f): 2:42pm On Jun 04, 2010
Afam:

Such valid questions never cross the minds of these blind supporters of Israel but would rather believe 100% what IDF sanctioned video footages show.
Beaf:

ARE the tens of videos released not eough for you hateful deadbeats? Or do you think the isreali government is running a movie studio for you fools?

You have found nothing to accuse in the videos now you turn your excuses to phantom 'other' videos. Empty barrels!
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Mariory(m): 2:48pm On Jun 04, 2010
Beaf:

[size=14pt]WHY IS THERE ONLY A SMALL SECTION OF FOOTAGE (FROM A TURKISH TV NETWORK) COMING FROM INDEPENDENT JOURNALISTS OF THE MOMENTS IMMEDIATELY BEFORE AND THE EXACT MOMENT THE COMMANDOS BOARDED THE SHIP WHEN MOST OF THESE JOURNALISTS WERE STREAMING LIVE?
WE HAVE SEEN FOOTAGE OF INJURED ACTIVISTS BEING TREATED ON THE SHIP BEFORE THE ISRAELIS HAD CONTROL. WE HAVE SEEN FOOTAGE OF JOURNALISTS REPORTING FROM ELSEWHERE ON THE SHIP WHILE THE CONFRONTATION WAS TAKING PLACE. BUT WE HAVE YET TO SEE WIDESPREAD FOOTAGE OF THE CONFRONTATION ITSELF FROM PEOPLE ON THE SHIP
EXCEPT CLIPS OF THEIR FOOTAGE RELEASED BY THE IDF. THIS TO ME SUGGESTS THEY HAD FOOTAGE TO REPORT LIVE BUT THEY CHOOSE NOT TO.[/size]

========================
Back to normal text,
In the footage below, a reporter from Aljazera is reporting his own version of events while the confrontation is going on. This shows the press still had live data (communications) being feed while the violence took place before and after it escalated.

[flash=430,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFEBbDkyrqQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFEBbDkyrqQ&feature=related

In this feed, we see only a small part of the actual confrontation, while the bulk of the video (edited) independent journalists chose to show us is of the aftermath. Again this clip was live from the ship.

[flash=430,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSFwyWyVo74&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSFwyWyVo74

Why are only the Israeli's showing footage of the actual confontation, some of which were consfisticated from these international journalists?
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Afam(m): 2:50pm On Jun 04, 2010
Tudór:

ARE the tens of videos released not eough for you hateful deadbeats? Or do you think the isreali government is running a movie studio for you fools?

You have found nothing to accuse in the videos now you turn your excuses to phantom 'other' videos. Empty barrels!

Damn! This is what you get when you combine frustration with desperation. Kpele, drink otapiapia if it will help.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Beaf: 2:54pm On Jun 04, 2010
Afam:

Damn! This is what you get when you combine frustration with desperation. Kpele, drink otapiapia if it will help.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by justjane2(f): 2:55pm On Jun 04, 2010
All you chest beating haters have clouded this issue.It's not worth reading.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Beaf: 3:07pm On Jun 04, 2010
Hear it from the horses mouth. Read this story from The Committee to Protect Journalists. Israel has actually been falsifying footage by editing the original videos and photo's taken by foreign journalists. What a disgrace!

[size=14pt]CPJ denounces Israel’s use of footage seized in flotilla raid[/size]
New York, June 3, 2010—The Committee to Protect Journalists denounces Israel’s editing and distribution of footage confiscated from foreign journalists aboard the Gaza-bound flotilla that was raided on Monday.

On Wednesday, the Israel Defense Forces spokesman’s office released edited portions of confiscated video on its YouTube channel, where the footage was labeled as “captured.” The Foreign Press Association in Israel, which represents hundreds of foreign correspondents in Israel, says the military “is selectively using footage to bolster its claims that commandos opened fire only after being attacked,” The Associated Press reported.

CPJ called on the Israeli government to immediately return all equipment, notes, and footage confiscated from journalists. “Israel has confiscated journalistic material and then manipulated it to serve its interests,” said CPJ Middle East and North Africa Program Coordinator Mohamed Abdel Dayem. “It must cease this practice without delay, and return all property seized from journalists who were covering this legitimate news event.”
Journalists have complained of mistreatment during the raid. Al-Jazeera cameraman Issam Zaatar told the Qatar-based channel that as he was filming the raid an Israeli soldier struck him with a stun gun. He said he suffered a broken arm and his camera was damaged during the altercation.
Gadijah Davids, a South African radio journalist, also had her equipment confiscated, according to her station, Radio 786. Rushni Ali, the station manager, told CPJ that Davids is in Turkey and will be leaving for South Africa on Friday. The South African government provided emergency travel documents for Davids because she “had nothing with her: no clothes, no travel document, no equipment” Ali told CPJ.
Paul McGeough, Sydney Morning Herald chief correspondent, told his newspaper that the raid was “very ugly.” He accused Israel of “absolute disrespect” with regard to the way that he and other reporters were treated. “Our job requires us to get the stories, and to reveal things that are not otherwise being revealed,” McGough said in a phone interview that appears on the paper’s Web site. “As Israel’s appalling handling of the flotilla demonstrates, you need journalists there to bear witness, to reveal what is happening out there.”
CPJ’s Abdel Dayem said: “The treatment meted out to our colleagues is unacceptable. It is Israel’s responsibility to conduct its operations in ways that also allow journalists to report the news.”

http://cpj.org/2010/06/cpj-denounces-israels-use-of-footage-seized-in-flo.php
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Afam(m): 3:17pm On Jun 04, 2010
@Beaf,

You get energy well well. From the day the video footages released by IDF appeared I made it clear that these footages must have been edited and produced in such a way to support Israel's agenda.

I don't even need any group to support such position because I believe common sense should suffice hence my dismissal of silly posts asking me for evidence.

You storm a ship, beat, maim and kill activists, seize video recordings, edit them, post them online and yet you have human beings with skulls they call mistake for brains asking you why have we not seen video footages from other journalists.

As stated earlier, you get time well well, I prefer seeing these guys live and die with their ignorance than attempt to correct them.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Afam(m): 4:46pm On Jun 04, 2010
Where are all these confused religious bigots?

More than 90 minutes of providing the most unbiased commentary on the issue at hand none has dared to type anything? I can imagine the shame and embarrassment some of them are feeling right now.

Pride dey first show face before fall follow. grin grin
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Beaf: 4:54pm On Jun 04, 2010
Afam:

Where are all these confused religious bigots?

More than 90 minutes of providing the most unbiased commentary on the issue at hand none has dared to type anything? I can imagine the shame and embarrassment some of them are feeling right now.

Pride dey first show face before fall follow. grin grin

Abi o! grin
I am expecting the likes of davidylan and tudor to come running their toilet mouths, as all thugs do when they have no credible counters.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Afam(m): 5:12pm On Jun 04, 2010
Beaf:

Abi o! grin
I am expecting the likes of davidylan and tudor to come running their toilet mouths, as all thugs do when they have no credible counters.

Na dem way be dat. They will disappear for say 2 or more months to lick their wounds only yo resurface when they think they have a handle on another issue until they are exposed for what they are and they disappear again. Na the loop wey dem they operate inside be dat.

After we go dey wonder why the last NECO exams had 98% failure rate. People read but do not understand and they will never admit that they don't until exams expose them.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Mariory(m): 5:49pm On Jun 04, 2010
I've found some more footage. Video is of chatter between Israeli forces as they come under live fire on the ship. Video released by IDF
[flash=435,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFGuwUGaI9o&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFGuwUGaI9o
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by madlady(f): 5:56pm On Jun 04, 2010
Mariory:

I've found some more footage. Video is of chatter between Israeli forces as they come under live fire on the ship. Video released by IDF

[flash=435,300]

lipsrsealed
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Beaf: 5:59pm On Jun 04, 2010
Mariory:

[flash=435,300]

I am assuming you never saw this post where a representative of the journalists Worldwide is claiming that IDF videos are (to put it bluntly), forgeries?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-454471.608.html#msg6151792
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by RuuDie(m): 6:00pm On Jun 04, 2010
A couple of weeks back North Korea fired a torpedo at a ship and massacred fourty-six people. . . . . i didn't see the might of the I.C clamping down on them oh.

The Israelis did what they had to jare!
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Afam(m): 6:02pm On Jun 04, 2010
Mariory:

[flash=435,300]

This is turning to something else. Are you waiting for Natenyanhu himself to admit that the footages were edited or what? Keep finding them, Seun's bandwidth will accommodate them after all it handled Becomrich's maps.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by youfreshie: 6:06pm On Jun 04, 2010
Seriously why should we care? The war is for no good reason in particular. R.I.P though.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Mariory(m): 6:11pm On Jun 04, 2010
Beaf:

I am assuming you never saw this post where a representative of the journalists Worldwide is claiming that IDF videos are (to put it bluntly), forgeries?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-454471.608.html#msg6151792

Are you intentionally misquoting people again? So these video's taken by journalists on the ship were staged? Are you suggesting that the people in the videos are actors on a set somewhere in Israel replicating events on the flotilla? Is that what you are suggesting?

What I saw him say was that the Israeli's are only showing parts of the events that confirms their side of the confrontation only. Well the reporters had live feeds as we have seen. So they would have transmitted their shots of the confrontation to thier networks. They can either show that, or keep whining until the Israeli's release their equipment.

That's their problem. They should have shown all events has it happened. What were they waiting for? Why do we have to rely on the Israeli's releasing footage of what happened during the violence? These guys claimed to be independent.  angry

Instead they were showing us footage of helicopters circling overheard and Israeli commandos on the brigde, and of course, bloody streaches and injured activists.

In fact Israel should keep the videos until they have gone through every single frame. I'm sure they are fiding information which will prove useful in thier inquiry.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 04, 2010
well another ship, 2 infact are on their way to Israel, if they have 2 heads let them cross that line and lets see if all wont die.

if they are jobless in their own country they should go look for some where else to attack. next week would be more interesting.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Mariory(m): 6:17pm On Jun 04, 2010
kaecy5:

well another ship, 2 infact are on their way to Israel, if they have 2 heads let them cross that line and lets see if all wont die.

if they are jobless in their own country they should go look for some where else to attack. next week would be more interesting.

These guys are from actual peace activists and not from the IHH in Turkey. I expect they will put up passive resistance only as has happened in the past. Still, the world is full of surprises.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Afam(m): 6:29pm On Jun 04, 2010
Una no get shame? Chei! Dis is unbelievable! Still creating diversions instead of apologizing for all the lies and ignorant comments from you guys. Which kain people una be sef?
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 04, 2010
^^^^ chairman, we are still waiting for ur unedited video coverage of the conflict

if u cannot produce these footage it would be advisable to remain silent and stop arguing without facts

enjoy ur weekend
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 04, 2010
kaecy5:

^^^^ chairman, we are still waiting for your unedited video coverage of the conflict

if u cannot produce these footage it would be advisable to remain silent and stop arguing without facts

enjoy your weekend

Lol. Are you kidding me ? Waiting for Afam to produce evidence ?

You will wait forever.

Afam is simply piggybacking on Beaf's anti-semetic bias against Israel, complete with falsified and one sided googled ,cut and paste information.

grin
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Pharoh: 6:49pm On Jun 04, 2010
RuuDie:

A couple of weeks back North Korea fired a torpedo at a ship and massacred fourty-six people. . . . . i didn't see the might of the I.C clamping down on them oh.

The Israelis did what they had to jare!

No they will say those people were not peace activist or innocent humanitarian aid workers and not forgetting that so many people just died in the recent jos crisis only for the useless UN to keep quiet.

I wonder where the UN was during the odi, gbaramatu and zaki biam killings.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 04, 2010
well a link from a confession by an Aljazerra camera man. he said the peaceful activist over powered the israelli commados b4 the commandos decided to attack.

soorry for long piece

http://alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/LDE6521UG.htm

Israeli marines were held during ship raid-witness
03 Jun 2010 16:10:15 GMT
Source: Reuters
* Soldiers freed after Israel agreed to airlift wounded

* Lebanese account echoes testimony from both sides

By Yara Bayoumy

BEIRUT, June 3 (Reuters) - Activists on a Gaza-bound Turkish ship seized four Israeli marines before other commandos stormed aboard using live ammunition, a Lebanese cameraman said in an account on Thursday that echoed elements of Israeli testimony.

There were sharp differences in the versions of Monday's events at sea on the cruise liner Mavi Marmara. Witnesses freed after three days incommunicado in Israel accused troops of war crimes; Israel held to its line that they fired in self-defence.

But the account from Andre Abu Khalil, a cameraman for Al Jazeera TV, echoed other testimony, from both sides, that after an initial landing by a small group of commandos armed with anti-riot weapons was overpowered by activists wielding sticks, a second wave of marines stormed in, killing those in their way.

Israeli troops insist they killed 9 men only after being fired on by two activists who seized pistols from marines; many of those aboard the ship say they saw no activists shooting.

Abu Khalil told Reuters by telephone from the southern Lebanese village of Marjayoun: "There were four Israeli soldiers brought to the lowest deck. They had fracture wounds."

The soldiers were apparently captured during attempts to descend to the ship from helicopters, Abu Khalil heard from activists who had been on the top deck of the Mavi Marmara.

On Monday, an Israeli commando said he was struck with metal bars on the ship, while others in the boarding party were held down and stripped of their helmets and equipment.

HUMAN SHIELD

Abu Khalil went on: "Twenty Turkish men formed a human shield to prevent the Israeli soldiers from scaling the ship. They had slingshots, water pipes and sticks."

"They were banging the pipes on the side of the ship to warn the Israelis not to get closer."

The standoff lasted about 10 minutes until the Israelis opened fire, he said: "One man got a direct hit to the head and another one was shot in the neck."

Abu Khalil said he saw some 40 wounded people, some with bullet wounds to the legs, apparently to disable them. Others had wounds to the eye, stomach and chest.

One activist used a loudhailer to tell the Israelis the four captive soldiers were well and would be released if they provided medical help for the wounded.

With an Israeli Arab lawmaker acting as mediator, the Israelis agreed to the request and the wounded were brought to the top deck where they were airlifted off the ship.

Abu Khalil said: "I'm happy and angry at the same time , The most we had was a kitchen knife and sling shots." (Additional reporting by Alastair Macdonald in Jerusalem)
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Tudor6(f): 7:23pm On Jun 04, 2010
Afam:

Na dem way be dat. They will disappear for say 2 or more months to lick their wounds only yo resurface when they think they have a handle on another issue until they are exposed for what they are and they disappear again. Na the loop wey dem they operate inside be dat.

After we go dey wonder why the last NECO exams had 98% failure rate. People read but do not understand and they will never admit that they don't until exams expose them.
we are waiting for your proof ooo. . . . .all this useless rhetoric wouldnt help u escape. . .
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Tudor6(f): 9:02pm On Jun 04, 2010
Afam:

we are waiting for your proof ooo. . . . .all this useless rhetoric wouldnt help u escape. . .
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Mariory(m): 9:05pm On Jun 04, 2010
kaecy5:

well a link from a confession by an Aljazerra camera man. he said the peaceful activist over powered the israelli commados b4 the commandos decided to attack.

sorry for long piece

http://alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/LDE6521UG.htm

No surprise there. The videos are clear as day despite how some have attempted to dance around it. They really have no choice but, to admit it. I like the fact that the Israeli's not only released their own video's but, those of the protesters as well. They have learnt well that human emotion can overrule logic. And of course, they had the power of youtube.

Check out this link as well. They are gradually changing their version of events from "Israel fired first"
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100604/ap_on_re_mi_ea/gaza_blockade
Israeli claims the activists ambushed the commandos after they descended onto the board from helicopters on Monday, and the military and Turkish TV have released videotape that backs up that claim. Returning activists admitted fighting with the Israeli commandos but insisted their actions were in self-defense because the ships were being boarded in international waters by a military force.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (28) (Reply)

Tonga Hit By Tsunami After Underwater Volcano Erupts (Photos, Video) / Tennessee Floods: 15 Killed Including Twin Toddlers, More Than 30 Missing(Pix) / Mugabe's 2nd Wife Is Cheating On Him With A Younger Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.