Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics (27255 Views)

List Of Art Courses You Can Study Without Literature In English / 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics / 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by beautyhound(m): 9:53am On Jun 07, 2018
Nursing? I pity u if u believe that u wud avoid Maths if u studying Nursing... LMAO

1 Like

Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by johnmattew: 9:54am On Jun 07, 2018
ironically number 1 and 7 requires heavy logical reasoning like mathematics
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by IamAirforce1: 9:54am On Jun 07, 2018
Divay22:

Which studies exactly pls undecided
The one you dropped out from or the one you just finished in your dreams

See dis small girl o

Believe everything I put out here at your own risk.

I'm a graduate with a difference, Recognise!
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by CodeTemplar: 9:59am On Jun 07, 2018
maxnedu11:
they all have one thing in common math101, at least in most schools
Thank you, even if you study french or witchcraft in Nigerian uni, NUC has made it so.
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by Divay22(f): 10:02am On Jun 07, 2018
IamAirforce1:

See dis small girl o

Believe everything I put out here at your own risk.

I'm a graduate with a difference, Recognise!
Graduate with a different indeed grin grin

Time is money man... See you around.
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by BUSHHUNTER: 10:03am On Jun 07, 2018
officialteemi:
bro..abeg explain.

80 % of Political Science and Physics lecturers are sadist and they are frustrated due to one or two things I won't state here...so don't expect your desire score

Hardly would you see 2.1 in that dept, few 2.2 mostly 3rd....

Maybe things change now.
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by highchief1: 10:04am On Jun 07, 2018
nairavsdollars:
God punish the person who first introduced Mathematics as a subject
may ur peusi experience landslide for saying this
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by GozieAchara(m): 10:04am On Jun 07, 2018
medicine and surgery..

here in UNIPORT, we don't do maths.. buh phy is compulsory tho..
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by SEEDORF441(m): 10:05am On Jun 07, 2018
nnol:
in social science courses like political science and criminology u will still do a kind of statistics,its compulsory nd u knw statistics is a branch of mathematics.
You are a criminology student in university of ilorin??
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 07, 2018
Wait a sec., won't you do Math in English? At least in the 1st year.
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by GozieAchara(m): 10:06am On Jun 07, 2018
medicine dentistry anatomy physiology..

no maths is offered in those courses in uniport..
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by IamAirforce1: 10:07am On Jun 07, 2018
Divay22:

Graduate with a different indeed grin grin

Time is money man... See you around.

Okk
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by DateMynd44(m): 10:09am On Jun 07, 2018
YhungPablo:
No everyone have the unique ability to understand the concept of mathematics and some students will do whatever it takes to say goodbye to mathematics. The challenge of most candidates includes mathematics and if given a choice, many will throw or kick mathematics away completely.

However the good news is that there are some courses you can study in Nigeria institution and the problem of understanding the concept of mathematics will no longer be your major concern.

1) Law
2) office technology and management
3) nursing
4) micro biology
5) political science
6) sociology
7) psychology
cool library and information science
9) theatre art / mas-communication
10) English

Share this:
https://studentsbase./2018/06/06/10-popular-courses-you-can-study-if-you-want-to-avoid-mathematics/
library and information science bawo? I'm studying LIS and yes you will definitely come across maths in few of it's courses. Courses like history research statistics, computer packages etc

2 Likes

Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by nnol(m): 10:10am On Jun 07, 2018
SEEDORF441:
You are a criminology student in university of ilorin??
am a criminology student of federal university dutse,jigawa state.
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by akeentech(m): 10:11am On Jun 07, 2018
Noel1:
Reckless comment!
Na so u dey spoil ur brand name little by little.
That's what dey called rebranding
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by SailorXY: 10:17am On Jun 07, 2018
Why would anybody want to avoid mathematics?
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by freezyprinzy(m): 10:18am On Jun 07, 2018
You can't avoid maths o,I studied political science and we took a course statistics from year 1-3.
Op abeg remove pol-sci.

1 Like

Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by JARUSHUB: 10:19am On Jun 07, 2018
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by highbee02: 10:20am On Jun 07, 2018
Opinionated:
Education.

u are wrong
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by holacorp(m): 10:28am On Jun 07, 2018
Melkcham:
What of Philosophy
Browse about Logic and derivations, Truth Table, sentential Connectives and co you go fear.
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by queendammy(f): 10:30am On Jun 07, 2018
I'm a Sociologist, let me burst your bubble, you can't avoid mathematics in Sociology, there are compulsory courses that calculations is inevitable

2 Likes

Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by obonujoker(m): 10:34am On Jun 07, 2018
No mathematics in Engineering too.. just little pockets of analysis......
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by KYLEJP(m): 10:39am On Jun 07, 2018
OP...so we that are studying Mathematics should hang ourself abi.....
Mathematics is not as difficult as people term it to be, it has been found to be the easiest and best way to increase one's Intelligent Quotient/sense of reasoning.No existing being can run away from the application of Mathematics. Mathematics is a formal Science that is independent on other bodies,but other bodies are dependent on it....Knowledge of little Arithmetic will not harm you......

2 Likes

Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by Raskasal(m): 10:40am On Jun 07, 2018
Hmmm. Yet universities will still tell you you need mathematics to be considered to study any of those
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by bidak(m): 10:43am On Jun 07, 2018
Why would someone want to avoid mathematics ;mathematics is one of the easiest courses/subject, mathematics is direct unlike English, physics and co

1 Like

Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 10:44am On Jun 07, 2018
YhungPablo:
No everyone have the unique ability to understand the concept of mathematics and some students will do whatever it takes to say goodbye to mathematics. The challenge of most candidates includes mathematics and if given a choice, many will throw or kick mathematics away completely.

However the good news is that there are some courses you can study in Nigeria institution and the problem of understanding the concept of mathematics will no longer be your major concern.

1) Law
3) nursing
4) micro biology
5) political science
6) sociology
7) psychology
10) English

Share this:
https://studentsbase./2018/06/06/10-popular-courses-you-can-study-if-you-want-to-avoid-mathematics/

Lol
Political science ?
Lol
Statistics is highly involved grin
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by Ay04z(m): 10:51am On Jun 07, 2018
if u like study Yoruba. Or animal husbandry. Maths will eventually find it way into ur course outline... grin
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by TheUbermensch: 10:54am On Jun 07, 2018
clockwise:
O.P you must be kidding this is 21st century where the knowledge of mathematics is essential and pertinent to build the reasoning capacity of students. Anyway if you want to study nursing, microbiology, political science, psychology and sociology u can't ever bypass Mth101 or Mth105 for the science courses a d SSC105 for the social science course in my school. I rep OAU.

I do not see how Math is essential and pertinent to build the reasoning capacity of students.

This is laughable.
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by drchuks1234(m): 10:57am On Jun 07, 2018
No escaping door
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by Yakzo(m): 11:05am On Jun 07, 2018
Sometimes maths is overated; you need to study social science theories like marxism by Karl Max and "causation" by Mao Tsetung to understand the rigour in logical and cognitive exercise.
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by vanhelsing1(m): 11:09am On Jun 07, 2018
YhungPablo:

1) Law
3) nursing
4) micro biology
5) political science
6) sociology
7) psychology
10) English

Share this:
Dis thread abi needle is baseless.in almost all d courses u mentioned,u must attempt mathematics especially in yr 100 level.maths 101.
A FRIEND of mine doing office management evn do alot of statistics.so dont discourage pple frm learning bodmas,the basics.thanks.one love....ma pple.
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by Stevenson1(m): 11:10am On Jun 07, 2018
Mathematics is the world and the world is mathematics. None can survive without the other. I hate Math but at a point in my life, I understood that Math covers the whole aspect of life both In Medicals, Health, Technology, Science and even very huge aspect of Arts. Don't encourage your kids or someone to dodge Math but instead encourage them to practice it often in order to understand it.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SSANU, NASU To Begin 14-Day Nationwide Warning Strike On October 5 / I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. / FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.