Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,426 members, 7,954,670 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:27 AM

10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics (27862 Views)

What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? / 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics / 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by rashfeezco(m): 11:20am On Jun 07, 2018
guys plss what do see abt remote sensing and gio-sciences information system as a course is the course ok in this country
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by edicied: 11:26am On Jun 07, 2018
Maths Courses helps increase CGPA Cause its always A....You either know it or you don't its not like other courses where they ask you to define or explain and you end up getting half or quarter marks in Maths you always get your full marks or you get 0 grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by StrongWoman333(f): 11:42am On Jun 07, 2018
YhungPablo:
No everyone have the unique ability to understand the concept of mathematics and some students will do whatever it takes to say goodbye to mathematics. The challenge of most candidates includes mathematics and if given a choice, many will throw or kick mathematics away completely.

However the good news is that there are some courses you can study in Nigeria institution and the problem of understanding the concept of mathematics will no longer be your major concern.

1) Law
2) office technology and management
3) nursing
4) micro biology
5) political science
6) sociology
7) psychology
cool library and information science
9) theatre art / mas-communication
10) English

Share this:
https://studentsbase./2018/06/06/10-popular-courses-you-can-study-if-you-want-to-avoid-mathematics/
Lies. Political Science, Sociology and Psychology in my Alma mater (OAU IFE) you will do Further Mathematics from year one to year three. undecided

2 Likes

Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by galex10(m): 11:48am On Jun 07, 2018
Criminology and security studies
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by Ayobami93(m): 11:57am On Jun 07, 2018
nnol:
am a criminology student of federal university dutse,jigawa state.

Please enlighten me about criminology. How's the course like ??
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by Analyst01(m): 12:26pm On Jun 07, 2018
You can't really avoid mathematics. It is universally true. Applicable in many facets of life. I
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by trustedward(m): 12:33pm On Jun 07, 2018
DON'T deceive yourself, I'm a graduate of microbiology, in 200l we did pure Mathematics and it wasn't optional, in year one we did 5 physics courses, so get ur facts right.
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by Wizedoc(m): 12:33pm On Jun 07, 2018
YhungPablo:
No everyone have the unique ability to understand the concept of mathematics and some students will do whatever it takes to say goodbye to mathematics. The challenge of most candidates includes mathematics and if given a choice, many will throw or kick mathematics away completely.

However the good news is that there are some courses you can study in Nigeria institution and the problem of understanding the concept of mathematics will no longer be your major concern.

1) Law
2) office technology and management
3) nursing
4) micro biology
5) political science
6) sociology
7) psychology
cool library and information science
9) theatre art / mas-communication
10) English

Share this:
https://studentsbase./2018/06/06/10-popular-courses-you-can-study-if-you-want-to-avoid-mathematics/
Nursing offers mathematics in my school, they even do calculus sef.....mtchewwwwww

1 Like

Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by nnol(m): 12:57pm On Jun 07, 2018
Ayobami93:

Please enlighten me about criminology. How's the course like ??
Criminology is an interesting course,its all abt the study of crime,criminals nd their behavior so as to what motivate people to commit crime in the society.In effect criminology,criminology is a multi-disciplinary frame work from whose focus is dominated by crime nd justice.Criminology is a recent development,the term criminology was coined by an italian law professor called Raffale Garofalo as criminologia nd used by a french anthropologist Paul Topinard(criminologie in 1887). Criminology kind of emerged through sociology,its like a combination of sociology nd law.
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by bigK001: 1:07pm On Jun 07, 2018
Who tell you say you no go do mathematics for microbiology? Math 101 dey dia dey wait you, Math 102 na calculus (i carry it over that year) dey dia and Stat 200.
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by ImohWilliams1(m): 1:24pm On Jun 07, 2018
1. You can't escape mathematics in Law( you'l see it in borrowed courses at undergrad. level and will still come across it in Law school in Solicitors Account, Bills and charges)
2. Same with Pol. Science, Microbiology, Psychology et all.
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by Ayobami93(m): 2:21pm On Jun 07, 2018
nnol:
Criminology is an interesting course,its all abt the study of crime,criminals nd their behavior so as to what motivate people to commit crime in the society.In effect criminology,criminology is a multi-disciplinary frame work from whose focus is dominated by crime nd justice.Criminology is a recent development,the term criminology was coined by an italian law professor called Raffale Garofalo as criminologia nd used by a french anthropologist Paul Topinard(criminologie in 1887). Criminology kind of emerged through sociology,its like a combination of sociology nd law.

That's interesting. Thanks for taking your time to explain it. I'm considering it for MSC.
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by mrkenedy22(m): 2:25pm On Jun 07, 2018
what of physiotherapy (medical rehab)
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by encryptjay(m): 2:33pm On Jun 07, 2018
Ayobami93:

That's interesting. Thanks for taking your time to explain it. I'm considering it for MSC.
It's a sweet course, at least it gets one thinking. Though I'm not studying it, I just love the course.

Are you playing to join the force? Interrogation tinz grin

As for the OP, there's no way you go that you won't see mathematics. Instead of running from something, just face it head on. Just have interest and you'll grasp it easily.

1 Like

Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by nnol(m): 3:08pm On Jun 07, 2018
Ayobami93:

u are welcom
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by nnol(m): 3:08pm On Jun 07, 2018
Ayobami93:

u are welcom.
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by Akaujaa(m): 3:21pm On Jun 07, 2018
...and who told you there's no mathematics in mass communication?
There's massive calculation in 'Newspapers and magazine page planning'. Go check it out!
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by EbuGeneral(m): 7:01pm On Jun 07, 2018
Blackfire:
Unfortunately there is mathematics in all this subject..

Psychology is pure mathematics

Statistics not Mathematics.
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by Oxtertee(m): 7:08pm On Jun 07, 2018
I rep OTM #NAOTAMS. THE POLYTECHNIC IBADAN
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by Oxtertee(m): 7:09pm On Jun 07, 2018
edicied:
Maths Courses helps increase CGPA Cause its always A....You either know it or you don't its not like other courses where they ask you to define or explain and you end up getting half or quarter marks in Maths you always get your full marks or you get 0 grin
Half � is better than zero/none

1 Like

Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by Itzsammy(m): 8:15am On Jun 08, 2018
geezynoni:

Unimed.. University of medina or wat

University of Medical Sciences, Ondo.
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by SEEDORF441(m): 5:31pm On Jun 08, 2018
nnol:
am a criminology student of federal university dutse,jigawa state.
nice one
Add me on whatsapp 09030764491
So we can share experience together
Am also a Criminologist.
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by Skookum(m): 4:27am On Jun 09, 2018
Are u kidding me political science on d list ,u will do both pure nd advance mathematics(statistics) in pol science for 3 years
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by Ayobami93(m): 7:11am On Jun 09, 2018
encryptjay:

It's a sweet course, at least it gets one thinking. Though I'm not studying it, I just love the course.

Are you playing to join the force? Interrogation tinz grin

As for the OP, there's no way you go that you won't see mathematics. Instead of running from something, just face it head on. Just have interest and you'll grasp it easily.

Yeah, I would love to join a law enforcement agency.
Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by ovoP(m): 9:20am On Jun 09, 2018
EhyA...... In me school maths is like a course that boost everyone's GP cos Na sure A course.... Probably because it only science and engineering students in the school.....

Anyway maths only need understanding and practice..... It ain't hard

1 Like

Re: 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics by Canopy2018(m): 11:25pm On Mar 16, 2023
Are you tired of struggling with basic math operations? Unlock the secrets of the fundamental arithmetic operators' rules and become a math wizard in no time! From addition to division, these essential rules will give you the foundation you need to excel in math and beyond. Join us on a journey to discover the power of arithmetic and unleash your inner genius!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2p3zYn48U

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel / Bad State Of Library In Daura: Emeka Offor Steps In To Help (Photos) / Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.