Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

From London: Official Super Eagle Team List - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / From London: Official Super Eagle Team List (12898 Views)

Official: Super Eagles Playmaker Watch / Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List / Nigeria U17 Team List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by domorehill: 11:42am On May 31, 2010
I am writing from London and so far Coach Lagerback have been able to have 22 names out of his 23 man squard and the team just have one more place to be filled and below is the list of players so far assured of their place in the World cup bound team in South African 2010. (However Peter Utaka is the Coach chief joker and that the reason he has not used him in any friendly,Coach Lagerback knows his worth,other like Onyekachi Apam and mikel Obi are also in the team and so did not need the friendly so they can rest fully after brief injury to the duo).

Vincent Enyeama (Hapoel Tel Aviv, Israel),Dele Aiyenugba (Bnei Yehuda, Israel),Austin Ejide (Hapoel Petah Tikva, Israel),
Taye Taiwo (Olympique Marseille, France),Chidi Odiah (CSKA Moscow, Russia),Ayodele Adeleye (Sparta Rotterdam, Netherlands),Rabiu Afolabi (SV Salzburg, Austria), Onyekachi Apam (OG Nice, France),Joseph Yobo (Everton, England),
Osaze Odemwingie (Lokomotiv Moscow, Russia),Dickson Etuhu (Fulham, England),Mikel Obi (Chelsea, England), Chinedu Obasi (TSG Hoffenheim, Germany),
Haruna Lukman (AS Monaco, France),Peter Utaka (Odense Boldklub, Denmark),Kalu Uche (Almeria, Spain),Yusuf Ayila (Dynamo Kiev, Ukraine)
Obinna Nsofor (Malaga, Spain),Obafemi Martins (Wolfsburg, Germany), Victor Anichebe (Everton, England),Yakubu Aiyegbeni (Everton, England),
Ikechukwu Uche (Real Zaragoza, Spain).

The one slot left will be between the rest players Bassey Akpan (Bayelsa United, Nigeria),Elderson Echiejile (Rennes, France),Terna Suswan (Lobi Stars, Nigeria),Brown Ideye (FC Sochaux, France),John Utaka (Portsmouth, England),Daniel Shittu (Bolton Wanderers, England),Sani Kaita (Alaniya, Russia), (Nwankwo Kanu, (Portsmouth, England).

The final full squad:

Goalkeepers: Vincent Enyeama (Hapoel Tel Aviv/ISR), Dele Aiyenugba (Bnei Yehuda/ISR), Austin Ejide (Hapoel Petah Tikva/ISR)

Defenders: Taye Taiwo (Olympique Marseille/FRA), Elderson Echiejile (Rennes/FRA), Chidi Odiah (CSKA Moscow/RUS), Joseph Yobo (Everton/ENG), Daniel Shittu (Bolton Wanderers/ENG), Ayodele Adeleye (Sparta Rotterdam/NED), Rabiu Afolabi (SV Salzburg/AUS)

Midfielders: Kalu Uche (Almeria/SPA), Dickson Etuhu (Fulham/ENG), Mikel Obi (Chelsea/ENG), Sani Kaita (Alaniya/RUS), Haruna Lukman (AS Monaco/FRA), Yusuf Ayila (Dynamo Kiev/UKR)

Strikers: Yakubu Aiyegbeni (Everton/ENG), Chinedu Obasi (TSG Hoffenheim/GER), Nwankwo Kanu, John Utaka (Portsmouth/ENG), Obafemi Martins (Wolfsburg/GER), Obinna Nsofor (Malaga/SPA), Osaze Odemwingie (Lokomotiv Moscow, Russia)

http://www.mtnfootball.com/live/content.php?Item_ID=30280

Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by MOBO444(f): 11:51am On May 31, 2010
Lets hope kanu nwankwo takes the last sport or maybe John Utaka,
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by medjai(m): 11:56am On May 31, 2010
source, pls
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by naso2(m): 12:01pm On May 31, 2010
domorehill:

I am writing from London and so far Coach Lagerback have been able to have 22 names out of his 23 man squard and the team just have one more place to be filled and below is the list of players so far assured of their place in the World cup bound team in South African 2010. (However Peter Utaka is the Coach chief joker and that the reason he has not used him in any friendly,Coach Lagerback knows his worth,other like Onyekachi Apam and mikel Obi are also in the team and so did not need the friendly so they can rest fully after brief injury to the duo).

Vincent Enyeama (Hapoel Tel Aviv, Israel),Dele Aiyenugba (Bnei Yehuda, Israel),Austin Ejide (Hapoel Petah Tikva, Israel),
Taye Taiwo (Olympique Marseille, France),Chidi Odiah (CSKA Moscow, Russia),Ayodele Adeleye (Sparta Rotterdam, Netherlands),Rabiu Afolabi (SV Salzburg, Austria), Onyekachi Apam (OG Nice, France),Joseph Yobo (Everton, England),
Osaze Odemwingie (Lokomotiv Moscow, Russia),Dickson Etuhu (Fulham, England),Mikel Obi (Chelsea, England), Chinedu Obasi (TSG Hoffenheim, Germany),
Haruna Lukman (AS Monaco, France),Peter Utaka (Odense Boldklub, Denmark),Kalu Uche (Almeria, Spain),Yusuf Ayila (Dynamo Kiev, Ukraine)
Obinna Nsofor (Malaga, Spain),Obafemi Martins (Wolfsburg, Germany), Victor Anichebe (Everton, England),Yakubu Aiyegbeni (Everton, England),
Ikechukwu Uche (Real Zaragoza, Spain).

The one slot left will be between the rest players Bassey Akpan (Bayelsa United, Nigeria),Elderson Echiejile (Rennes, France),Terna Suswan (Lobi Stars, Nigeria),Brown Ideye (FC Sochaux, France),John Utaka (Portsmouth, England),Daniel Shittu (Bolton Wanderers, England),Sani Kaita (Alaniya, Russia), (Nwankwo Kanu, (Portsmouth, England).

I thought peter utaka played against saudi. Its a pity no home based player will make it this time again. Let him give the last spot to kanu abeg.
Elderson echiejile has been very woeful lately, but does that mean we are going with just one left back?
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by honeric01(m): 12:04pm On May 31, 2010
i dont believe this.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by naso2(m): 12:07pm On May 31, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^
why ? the list looks very very close to what i would have done as coach.

The only thing i do not understand is why he chose to play kaita out of position in all the friendlies.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by medjai(m): 12:13pm On May 31, 2010
So we cant have Kanu and Kaita at the same time. Why is he taking Etuhu and Yobo?
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by proudly9ja(m): 12:14pm On May 31, 2010
From Kickoffnigeria.com :

Ike Uche, Anichebe out

Posted: 2010-05-31 13:08

Ike Uche and Victor Anichebe are the two high profile casualties of Lars Lagerback's cull as he named his 23 players for the World Cup on Monday.

Also joining the duo are Peter Utaka, Onyekachi Apam and the two domestic players Bassey Akpan and Terna Suswan.

More to follow

Colin Udoh
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by proudly9ja(m): 12:15pm On May 31, 2010
If the kickoff list is true, Il be sad for Anichebe
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by pm05337(m): 12:18pm On May 31, 2010
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by naso2(m): 12:24pm On May 31, 2010
how can lagerfront drop anichebe? we need his kind of powerplay at the WC. I hope eguavon factor his not playing out here.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by medjai(m): 12:26pm On May 31, 2010
just saw the link. Ik Uche and Apam, very sad. I hope Etuhu Shittu and Yobo would make part of the 5 more to be dropped
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by cashful(m): 12:26pm On May 31, 2010
proudly9ja:

From Kickoffnigeria.com :

sorry for apam, he stood in well for yobo at the nations cup, and he can play right back too, best luck next time
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by honeric01(m): 12:28pm On May 31, 2010
What is all these rubbish about? see the good players he dropped for shitty and tired legs? i still don't believe it, would take J. Utaka ahead of even his brother not to talk of ik uche/anichebe? does that make sense to anyone? undecided undecided undecided

na_so:

^^^^^^^^^^
why ? the list looks very very close to what i would have done as coach.

The only thing i do not understand is why he chose to play kaita out of position in all the friendlies.

so he can make him look bad in the eyes of the world, then drops him for the rest shitty players.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by honeric01(m): 12:32pm On May 31, 2010
For now, i still don't believe the news, so let's just wait and see the official list.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by naso2(m): 12:54pm On May 31, 2010
official list:

Nigeria squad

Goalkeepers
Vincent Enyeama (Hapoel Tel Aviv, Israel)
Dele Aiyenugba (Bnei Yehuda, Israel)
Austin Ejide (Hapoel Petach Tikvah, Israel)

Defenders
Taye Taiwo (Marseille, France)
Elderson Echiejile (Rennes, France)
Chidi Odiah (CSKA Moscow, Russia)
Joseph Yobo (Everton, England)
Ayodele Adeleye (Sparta Rotterdam, Netherlands)
Rabiu Afolabi (SV Salzburg, Austria)
Danny Shittu (Bolton Wanderers, England)

Midfielders
Chinedu Ogbuke Obasi (TSG Hoffenheim, Germany)
Kalu Uche (Almeria, Spain)
Dickson Etuhu (Fulham, England)
John Mikel Obi (Chelsea, England)
Sani Kaita (Alaniya, Russia)
Haruna Lukman (AS Monaco, France)
Yusuf Ayila (Dynamo Kiev, Ukraine)
Osaze Odemwingie (Lokomotiv Moscow, Russia)

Strikers
Yakubu Aiyegbeni (Everton, England)
Nwankwo Kanu (Portsmouth, England)
Obafemi Martins (Wolfsburg, Germany)
John Utaka(Portsmouth, England)
Victor Obinna Nsofor (Malaga, Spain)

Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by sultan003(m): 12:58pm On May 31, 2010
http://www.mtnfootball.com/live/content.php?Item_ID=30280

So anichebe didn't make it, Yobo an shittu should thank God in Heaven that Apam was injured if not
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by MOBO444(f): 12:59pm On May 31, 2010
Nigeria must win the world cup and i believe in the Super Eagles,
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by medjai(m): 1:10pm On May 31, 2010
Thank God he picked Kanu. Amodu wouldnt have picked a different team
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by domorehill: 1:21pm On May 31, 2010
The list had to be edited by Chief coach Lagerback after high pressure from NFA,Abuja and the Nigeria Presidency,please see the real list that was edited just 3 hours ago, and you can also view online at http://www.mtnfootball.com/live/content.php?Item_ID=30280

The final full squad:

Goalkeepers: Vincent Enyeama (Hapoel Tel Aviv/ISR), Dele Aiyenugba (Bnei Yehuda/ISR), Austin Ejide (Hapoel Petah Tikva/ISR)

Defenders: Taye Taiwo (Olympique Marseille/FRA), Elderson Echiejile (Rennes/FRA), Chidi Odiah (CSKA Moscow/RUS), Joseph Yobo (Everton/ENG), Daniel Shittu (Bolton Wanderers/ENG), Ayodele Adeleye (Sparta Rotterdam/NED), Rabiu Afolabi (SV Salzburg/AUS)

Midfielders: Kalu Uche (Almeria/SPA), Dickson Etuhu (Fulham/ENG), Mikel Obi (Chelsea/ENG), Sani Kaita (Alaniya/RUS), Haruna Lukman (AS Monaco/FRA), Yusuf Ayila (Dynamo Kiev/UKR)

Strikers: Yakubu Aiyegbeni (Everton/ENG), Chinedu Obasi (TSG Hoffenheim/GER), Nwankwo Kanu, John Utaka (Portsmouth/ENG), Obafemi Martins (Wolfsburg/GER), Obinna Nsofor (Malaga/SPA), Osaze Odemwingie (Lokomotiv Moscow, Russia)
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Sagamite(m): 1:27pm On May 31, 2010
^^^^ I don't see the tampered team list. They look the same to me.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by ochukoccna: 1:39pm On May 31, 2010
[size=14pt]How can Fatkubu make the list ahead of Anichebe?[/size]
Lagerback don dey collect egunje? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by ow11(m): 1:41pm On May 31, 2010
Why is JOHN UTAKA in and VICTOR ANICHEBE out?

WTF is Kanu and Ayila doing there? Why is Peter Utaka out?
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 31, 2010
I really don't understand Anichebe's exclusion from this team

There is simply nothing new with this squad.

At the rate this is going, do not be suprised to see Lukman Haruna on the bench most times in world cup.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by matoyeh(m): 1:46pm On May 31, 2010
Ohhhhh NOOOOOO!!! jOHN uTAKA, wHY nOW?
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by medjai(m): 1:53pm On May 31, 2010
I dont understand what Etuhu is doing in that team. He should have been dropped for one of the home based.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by komekn(m): 1:56pm On May 31, 2010
Sagamite,

I am somewhat perplexed as it concerns Anichibe, however, i want to remain positive, i have it on good authority the training sessions were comprehensive unbiased, objectively structured and my guess is that Yak may have decided to move his legs for fear of being dropped as it concerns Kanu i think its just sentiment.

But there are more positives now compared to the clueless Amodu and remember England's resurgence under Capello is with essentially the same players that the clueless McClaren used.

We have learned in recent times that the main ingredient for any team is the Manager, Chelsea, Barcelona and Bayern have all fallen to the tactical genius  of the specail one.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 31, 2010
Victor Moses, Cartlene Cole, Nedum Onuoha, Agbonlahor they will all be laughing Anichebe right now.

We spent months luring English players to switch allegiance, the only one who showed dedication right from on-set is being shown the very reason others prefer to play for other countries.

Can someone kindly tell me why Danny Shittu, Kalu Uche, Yakubu are going to world cup but Anichebe is not?.

Why did they not take Terna Suswan, a promising young player to go and gain from the experience even if it means sitting it out on the bench.

If we go to this world cup and perform badly, not only have we failed to succeed this time,  we would have also failed to groom a team of the future.

Largerback has not said what he saw in Danny Shittu. We will eventually find out.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Ibime(m): 2:03pm On May 31, 2010
How can Lagerback drop Onyekachi Apam, Ike Uche and Anichebe?

This is the problem with lack of continuity in our footie. . . . SiaSia would have known that half the names on that list are useless old men. . . . aluta continue. . . .nonsense!
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by RecentPost: 2:05pm On May 31, 2010
@ Poster,are you one of the coaching crew? you are not ok and i think you are silly,you left out UTAKA who perfermed well this season?
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by ochukoccna: 2:05pm On May 31, 2010
Ibime:

How can Lagebach drop Onyekachi Apam, Ike Uche and Anichebe?

This is the problem with lack of continuity in our footie. . . . SiaSia would have known that half the names on that list are useless old men. . . . aluta continue. . . .nonsense!
Injury and lack of sharpness made him drop the first 2.
That of Anichebe perplexes me too.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by 1forall: 2:06pm On May 31, 2010
Something definitely wrong with our football. Ahn ahn, no Anichebe but Yakubu!! Beats my comprehension!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Samson Siasia Appeals Fifa’s Life Ban / Uk Football Pools Brown Coupon Week 37 Xx10xx / Arsenal Sticking With Emery But Warns Him That Results Must Improve

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.