Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

From London: Official Super Eagle Team List - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / From London: Official Super Eagle Team List (12902 Views)

Official: Super Eagles Playmaker Watch / Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List / Nigeria U17 Team List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by khanye(m): 5:56pm On May 31, 2010
Lagerbeer is a Fool . . .What's Utaka doin on that list
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by vicade(m): 6:12pm On May 31, 2010
No Anichebe is a Joke. This guy won Evertons Young Player of the year some seasons back. He is fast and powerful.

Anichebe should be in, John utaka should be out. John utaka? Come on!!! He should have brought back Julius Agahowa and Ifeanyi Udeze as well if he could bring back utaka
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 31, 2010
Those who say Yakubu is a seasoned goal scorer should tell us the percentage of his goals that are open goal mouth tapping?

Yakubu is a short 1 in any match. He is a very lazy footballer who does not work for the team, you can not say he has wonderful vision, you can not say he has a special ability to hold the ball upfield and bring others into play if he is the lone striker up front.

I think we should play 4 -2 - 3 - 1 with Osaze the lone striker. Osaze has a special ability to hold up the ball. He also has pace in terms of counter attack. All we need are very good goal poachers like Lukman Haruna, Obinna Nsofor and a 3rd guy playing behind him.

That 3rd guy would have been Anichebe if he was not dropped.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by seun0622(m): 6:19pm On May 31, 2010
This list is very wrong. Check out this site and see for yourself.

http://www.enownow.com/news/story.php?sno=6149.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 31, 2010
seun0622:

This list is very wrong. Check out this site and see for yourself.

http://www.enownow.com/news/story.php?sno=6149.

What a very dodgy way to attract folks to ur site
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by vicade(m): 6:25pm On May 31, 2010
I Like Yakubu.

I remember how he used to turn Rio Ferdinad Inside out. He is like an African version of Berbatov. In the close season he had some good games for everton.

John Utaka and Kanu are past it. Way Past it.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by ikeyman00(m): 6:27pm On May 31, 2010
@@@@@@@@@@

I CANT BE  bother with this thread coz a lot wrote inhere na complete rubbish!!! u would expect the ones that advice ceos ? to know better ?

a lot still dnt know the actual list shocked shocked u could always get that from bbc site naw na 5 strikers no bi 7 nawooo

amodo is a flop just like obj; he had his time but he chose to bury it team like kenya; ivory coast out-playing us in our own back yard; no sense of attacking football!!! plz lets just leave it for goodness sake

when was the last time kanu was used as a striker for Nigeria; he usually plays deep in the mid-field; now this man got him where he will be even more useful they are complaining
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by CapnCrunch: 6:27pm On May 31, 2010
Hmm, im fine with everyone except anichebe being left out, that being said  you guys are judging utaka based on passed performances, for all we know he probably worked his ass off in the training sessions to prove himself. The list is good i just want to see his starting 11. A guy like danny shittu is not a bad decision to bring off the bench,even yobo(i pray yobo does not start) As for Yak, man has been in good form in the last few games for everton and seemed to put alot more effort in yersterdays game.

We shoudlnt even bee looking at names, i trust lagerbacks coaching strategies should make things better
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Kaydem(m): 6:31pm On May 31, 2010
[color=#000099][/color]Thank God Mr Lager-beer include My osaze and haruna.

Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by seun0622(m): 6:36pm On May 31, 2010
mikeansy:

What a very dodgy way to attract folks to your site

@ mikeansy

Who told you it is my site. I wonder if people like you ever find out the real truth before running your mouth like a public tap. I got an Information from the net , shared it with Nlanders and even gave the source.
If you re still not sure of the authenticity , then I 'll suggest you wait till 12th June when the team files out for the first match !
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by 190: 6:44pm On May 31, 2010
[size=20pt]Half fit Apam would be better than Echiejile.
Haha, Lagerback starts another controversy. All those who praised him last night, will now murder him.
John Utaka, Kanu, ****tu, Yobo(ahead of Apam).
Na NFF compile this list,
anichebe OUT, WTF,PETER,JESUS

im so angry the list is all the same no suprises
abeg anytin wen dem wan play make dem play jare
Nigeria matter no concern me b4

Long hiss,
[/size]
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Nizoral(f): 6:45pm On May 31, 2010
When was dis postd cos most of the listed players above have been dropped so,
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 31, 2010
seun0622:

@ mikeansy

Who told you it is my site. I wonder if people like you ever find out the real truth before running your mouth like a public tap. I got an Information from the net , shared it with Nlanders and even gave the source.
If you re still not sure of the authenticity , then I 'll suggest you wait till 12th June when the team files out for the first match !

and then you are telling us the truth by telling us the list we have is wrong that we should come to ur site for the correct list and then it turns out that the list on your site is exactly the same as the one we have here.

It is dodgy marketing practice and decietful.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by derby4: 7:01pm On May 31, 2010
This is the real super eagles list released by lagerbeer.
Nigeria squad:
Goalkeepers: Vincent Enyeama (Hapoel Tel Aviv, Israel), Dele Aiyenugba (Bnei Yehuda, Israel), Austin Ejide (Hapoel Petah Tikva, Israel)
Defenders: Taye Taiwo (Marseille, France), Elderson Echiejile (Rennes, France), Chidi Odiah (CSKA Moscow, Russia), Joseph Yobo (Everton, England), Daniel Shittu (Bolton Wanderers, England), Ayodele Adeleye (Sparta Rotterdam, Netherlands), Rabiu Afolabi (SV Salzburg, Austria)
Midfielders: Chinedu Ogbuke Obasi (TSG Hoffenheim, Germany), John Utaka (Portsmouth, England), Kalu Uche (Almeria, Spain), Dickson Etuhu (Fulham, England), John Mikel Obi (Chelsea, England), Sani Kaita (Alaniya, Russia), Haruna Lukman (AS Monaco, France), Yusuf Ayila (Dynamo Kiev, Ukraine), Osaze Odemwingie (Lokomotiv Moscow, Russia)
Strikers: Yakubu Aiyegbeni (Everton, England), Nwankwo Kanu (Portsmouth, England), Obafemi Martins (Wolfsburg, Germany), Victor Obinna Nsofor (Malaga, Spain)
source bbc sport i am dissapionted that he did not carry Danny Shittu who for mark dem Messi. very terrible list
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by 190: 7:04pm On May 31, 2010
lagerback or what u called your self. na now i know why u no qualify sweden for world cup. U drop Apam and anichebe, u must be jorking well i don't want to believe is untill i confirm from bbc because you all releasing this squad might be writting this on top of a woman and maybe carried away with the sweetness of what he is enjoying. if this is true plz u guys should know that Mr. lagerback is an AKPA-AMU.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by sunnela: 7:05pm On May 31, 2010
THE ONLY DIFFF BTW AMODU'S ANGOLA TEAM AND LAGERBACK'S IS AMODU HAD NWANERI, YUSUF MOHAMMED, OLOFINJANA & APAM WHILE LAGERBACK HAS GONE WITH ADELEYE, RABIU AFOLABI, HARUNA LUKMAN& UTAKA, YET U PEOPLE SACKED amodu for being dumb, goodluck 9ja
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Vernor(m): 7:07pm On May 31, 2010
@ Post your list is incorrect below is copied from soccernet thanks

Squad: Vincent Enyeama (Hapoel Tel Aviv), Dele Aiyenugba (Bnei Yehuda), Austin Ejide (Hapoel Petach Tikvah); Taye Taiwo (Marseille), Elderson Echiejile (Rennes), Chidi Odiah (CSKA Moscow), Joseph Yobo (Everton), Ayodele Adeleye (Sparta Rotterdam), Rabiu Afolabi (Salzburg), Danny Shittu (Bolton); Kalu Uche (Almeria), Dickson Etuhu (Fulham), John Mikel Obi (Chelsea), Sani Kaita (Alaniya), Haruna Lukman (Monaco), Yusuf Ayila (Dynamo Kiev); Yakubu Aiyegbeni (Everton), Nwankwo Kanu (Portsmouth), Obafemi Martins (Wolfsburg), John Utaka (Portsmouth), Victor Obinna Nsofor (Malaga), Osaze Odemwingie (Lokomotiv Moscow), Chinedu Ogbuke Obasi (Hoffenheim).
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Sagamite(m): 7:10pm On May 31, 2010
sunnela:

THE ONLY DIFFF BTW AMODU'S ANGOLA TEAM AND LAGERBACK'S IS AMODU HAD NWANERI, YUSUF MOHAMMED, OLOFINJANA & APAM WHILE LAGERBACK HAS GONE WITH ADELEYE, RABIU AFOLABI, HARUNA LUKMAN& UTAKA, YET U PEOPLE SACKED amodu for being dumb, goodluck 9ja

And Apam would have gone if he was not injured.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by sunnela: 7:13pm On May 31, 2010
NOW WE KNOW WHY NFF WENT FOR EGUAVOEN INSTEAD OF KESHI OR SIASIA, HE DON HELP LAGERBACK WRITE AM FINISH NOW
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by nearest(m): 7:17pm On May 31, 2010
derby4:

This is the real super eagles list released by lagerbeer.
Nigeria squad:
Goalkeepers: Vincent Enyeama (Hapoel Tel Aviv, Israel), Dele Aiyenugba (Bnei Yehuda, Israel), Austin Ejide (Hapoel Petah Tikva, Israel)
Defenders: Taye Taiwo (Marseille, France), Elderson Echiejile (Rennes, France), Chidi Odiah (CSKA Moscow, Russia), Joseph Yobo (Everton, England), Daniel Shittu (Bolton Wanderers, England), Ayodele Adeleye (Sparta Rotterdam, Netherlands), Rabiu Afolabi (SV Salzburg, Austria)
Midfielders: Chinedu Ogbuke Obasi (TSG Hoffenheim, Germany), John Utaka (Portsmouth, England), Kalu Uche (Almeria, Spain), Dickson Etuhu (Fulham, England), John Mikel Obi (Chelsea, England), Sani Kaita (Alaniya, Russia), Haruna Lukman (AS Monaco, France), Yusuf Ayila (Dynamo Kiev, Ukraine), Osaze Odemwingie (Lokomotiv Moscow, Russia)
Strikers: Yakubu Aiyegbeni (Everton, England), Nwankwo Kanu (Portsmouth, England), Obafemi Martins (Wolfsburg, Germany), Victor Obinna Nsofor (Malaga, Spain)
source bbc sport i am dissapionted that he did not carry Danny Shittu [/b]who for mark dem Messi. very terrible list
Bros look your list well oh! [b]shittu name dey inside
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by haronky7: 7:21pm On May 31, 2010
Amodu was a bad coach and a past tense, Oyinboman Lagerback is our Saviour to the WC

Though not an Amodu apologist

But what is so difficult in this list that even clueless, lowly, lesser-paid and crucified Amodu cannot come up with? undecided undecided

I cannot help but chuckle at some people who still are fantasizing the Eagles can go far, winning ugly or not smiley smiley

I know this might not go down well with some people, but anyway maybe someone might educate me without raining abuses  cool
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by seun0622(m): 7:29pm On May 31, 2010
mikeansy:

and then you are telling us the truth by telling us the list we have is wrong that we should come to your site for the correct list and then it turns out that the list on your site is exactly the same as the one we have here.

It is dodgy marketing practice and decietful.
@ mikeansy

How many times will I tell you it s not my site, I only stumbled on the site while searching for the list on google. You can check the sport section, I already have a tread on the list there before posting on this thread.
I still maintain my stand that the list given to us by the poster of this thread is wrong. I was not refering to , I cant even see the list you have. Please be guided!
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by CapnCrunch: 7:35pm On May 31, 2010
you guys are the biggest bandwagonners *spits on the floor*, one moment your praising him, the next your crucifying him, abeg make up your mind
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by mykali(m): 7:38pm On May 31, 2010
JOHN UTAKA iS going to the WORLD CUP

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .I don faint
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by surugede(m): 7:43pm On May 31, 2010
Anichebe out and ayegbeni in,

Please where is my short gun, i feel like shooting the Swedish idiot Larger Back angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by bigfoot79(m): 7:46pm On May 31, 2010
NIGERIA,
Bad people
great nation
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by mykali(m): 7:51pm On May 31, 2010
How can Utaka make any WC list?
Absolute madness IMO.
even a half fit Ik Uche is better than a 110% fit Utaka. . . .his legs are old and tired.
If the beer man wanted an Utaka, why not the young and promising Peter?

LagerBack, please, dont take us backwards, drop Utaka after the june 6th friendly
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by oyebanji(m): 7:51pm On May 31, 2010
NIGERIA’S WORLD CUP SQUAD

Goalkeepers: Vincent Enyeama, Austin Ejide, Bamidele Aiyenugba

Defenders: Taye Taiwo, Rabiu Afolabi, Chidi Odiah, Ayodele Adeleye, Danny Shittu, Joseph Yobo, Elderson Echiejile

Midfielders: Haruna Lukman, Mikel Obi, Kalu Uche, Yusuf Ayila, Dickson Etuhu, Sani Kaita

Forwards: Nwankwo Kanu, Osaze Odemwingie, John Utaka, Chinedu Obasi, Obafemi Martins, Obinna Nsofor, Yakubu Aiyegbeni  

Culled from NFF's site.

Rgrds

This is the official team list. Culled from
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Onlytruth(m): 7:56pm On May 31, 2010
Someone should advise Lagerback to add Ike Uche to that list. The boy did more for Nigeria during the qualifiers and he deserves to go. He is also a big state actor. Include him in the match against Argentina and watch him explode.
He has a sense of mission. I don't care whom he removes from the list. Ike Uche belongs in the Eagles attack.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by ikeyman00(m): 7:58pm On May 31, 2010
@@@@@@@@@@@@

i will talk what i know till we are free.

Morihno was asked once the reason he plays the win ulgy style he  does; would that be of concern to real madrid??

then this is what he said!

we beat chelsea, beat barc, then beat baya; u see my players are not fast, they are slow players; then i have to work with what i ve got

can  that be related to amodu!! that man is just like obj
freaking annoying
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 8:01pm On May 31, 2010
I'm confused with so many list from so many people.i beg which one be authentic one
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 31, 2010
Akerekoroabijawara:

I'm confused with so many list from so many people.i beg which one be authentic one

The problem is all the lists are the same, but they present it as if it is any different

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Samson Siasia Appeals Fifa’s Life Ban / Chiamaka Nnadozie Has Been Nominated For Another Award In France. / Uk Football Pools Brown Coupon Week 37 Xx10xx

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.