Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,450 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

From London: Official Super Eagle Team List - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / From London: Official Super Eagle Team List (12900 Views)

Official: Super Eagles Playmaker Watch / Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List / Nigeria U17 Team List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by surugede(m): 8:09pm On May 31, 2010
Lager beer dropped Ike Uche and Apam cos " they is just coming back from injury" u go fear excuse. what is M. obi coming back from
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Ranoscky(m): 8:11pm On May 31, 2010
@Dauchman, i'm still shocked by this list with the xclussion of anichebe and decided not to make any comment 4 now

but since u feel say u sabi football wella and u be lectural for football, abeg make i ask u 1 question . . .

How did Guardiola took charge of barcelona?
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by haronky7: 8:17pm On May 31, 2010
Did someone say Utaka is an old tired leg?

Just wait till this your savior brings in the likes of Eguavoen, Yekini, and Segun Odegbami!

The indiginous coach wont go far at the WC, replace him they all shouted!

Now the expartriate coach has come with his white magic. Let's wait and see the unfolding jokes

Just sit tight and enjoy the show
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by proudly9ja(m): 8:24pm On May 31, 2010
Update:

ATTAH EXPLAINS LAGERBACK’S LAST 23
Monday, 31 May 2010 16:14 Written by BrilaFM

Reactions are blowing like wild fire over the official list of 23 players for the Super Eagles’ campaign at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

With the listed players named early Monday by Eagles’ coach, Lars Lagerback, varied opinion has met the exclusion of Akpan Bassey, Apam Onyekachi, Terna Suswan, Peter Utaka, Victor Anichebe, Ikechukwu Uche and Brown Ideye from the Nigerian squad to Nelson Mandela’s country.

However, Eagles team coordinator, Emmanuel Attah told brilafm.net during a live chat from London that a lot of factors were considered before Lars Lagerback arrived at his final hit list to the Mundial.

“The coach has given the reason and we understand what he wants. Ideye had visa problems and was given some tests in training but could not meet up.

“Victor Anichebe also had some training to confirm his fitness, but we saw that he is injured. The coach said we cannot take injured players to the World Cup.

“As for Ikechukwu, he is still rehabilitating,” said the chairman of Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Football Association.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by saintolaf(m): 8:25pm On May 31, 2010
LET EVERY RIGHT THINKING NIGERIAN WISH THE TEAM GOODLUCK

WE MUST ALSO HAVE IT IN MIND THAT MOST TIMES THE ''SUPER CHICKENS'' OFTEN PERFORM ABOVE EXPECTATIONS WHEN PREPERATIONS

ARE NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT,

AS FOR IK UCHE AND ANICHEBE, I THINK THEY MUST PRAY FOR BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME, BECAUSE FIFA MADE PROVISIONS FOR 23 SQUAD MEMBERS

AND OUT OF 30 A COUPLE OF THEM HAD TO BE DROPPED.

HOWEVER, I LOOK FORWARD TO THE MUNDIAL WITH HOPE FOR A GOOD PERFOMANCE FROM THE BOYS,

BECAUSE THAT MAY JUST BE THE TONIC THAT WILL REVIVE MY INTEREST IN WATCHING THEM PLAY AGAIN, IT MAY INTEREST YOU TO KNOW THAT

[b]I STOPPED WATCHING THE BOYS OR MEN SINCE THEY FLOPPED AGAINST GHANA IN ANGOLA.
[/b]

I REST MY CASE!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by diddysnow: 8:33pm On May 31, 2010
No matter what the list may be, all we Nigerians are expecting from Lagerback is to deliver the so called Super Eagles to the CUP. Just let's wish them a VERY GOOD LUCK.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Ranoscky(m): 8:48pm On May 31, 2010
@surugede, u be really SURUGEDE. grin your user name fit u well-well. grin
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by surugede(m): 8:53pm On May 31, 2010
diddysnow:

No matter what the list may be, all we Nigerians are expecting from Lagerback is to deliver the so called Super Eagles to the CUP. Just let's wish them a VERY GOOD LUCK.

Well i chuz to wish em not just gudluk but Jonathan wyl having the patience that t will go all well
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by mbulela: 8:56pm On May 31, 2010
surugede:

Lager beer dropped Ike Uche and Apam cos " they is just coming back from injury" u go fear excuse. what is M. obi coming back from

He is coming back from madness.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by henry101(m): 9:00pm On May 31, 2010
mbulela:

He is coming back from madness.

grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 31, 2010
Anichebe's omission is the major issue here,

but then won't be suprised if they crash out very early.

The bulk of the team have been bench warmers at their respective clubs this season.   undecided
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by mbulela: 9:02pm On May 31, 2010
All this one na side show.
I always knew this man was doomed before he began.
working with NFA or whatever it calls itself now is a like joining nigerian politics.
the only way you survive is by becoming corrupt and biased.
irrespective of how pure you were before joining.
Utaka has been woeful for the past 18 months and i doubt he suddenly found form in camp.
Anichebe is not spectacular but way more useful than Utaka at present.
what is the essence of calling 100 players to camp?
when you end up with a list that could have been drawn up at any beer parlour four months ago?
they could not even spare a space or two for one or two upcoming lads.it's not like we are going to win the thing.
why not groom a few successors?
after all kanu and co will not play for ever.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by mbulela: 9:04pm On May 31, 2010
anichebe would obviously feel he lost to politics.
tomorrow you expect another of this foreign bred boys to come and play for Nigeria?
Anichebe stood no chance whatsoever with England but now he would wonder if it was not worth going to the carribeans with his babe on summer holiday instead of all this charade.
lager whatever is just here to collect his own pay.
who no like maga?
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by honeric01(m): 9:14pm On May 31, 2010
lets wait till june 6 to see the magic utaka is made of, he played twice in 2 friendlies, he did nada, yet he was picked,

Jesus is lord.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Ranoscky(m): 9:20pm On May 31, 2010
@donspony

yes Anichebe is still the problem but lyke u said "bulk of the team have been bench warmers at their respective clubs"

so who then do u want lagerback to take to the W.C ?  undecided
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Roliks09: 9:27pm On May 31, 2010
Nlanders no go kill me o. The kinds of talk here, is unmatched. Nyways, I believe that if Nigeria wins  a match, it wont be because the players are good. Probably technical foresight,assuming Lagerbach has it. But no big deal in the list,and as some1 rightly said,the list could have been drawn up in any beer palour, months ago. Its what he does with the list we should wait and see. D way u guys dey talk bou Anichebe,we for think say he be like maradona drop messi. Abeg,e don do. See u on the 12th!
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 31, 2010
This Lagerfool guy is the white version of Amodu. No difference whatsoever and I will @ this point ask y'all not 2 xpect anything from this team.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by semid4lyfe(m): 10:38pm On May 31, 2010
I am disappointed with the omission of Anichebe, Ikechukwu Uche and Apam Onyekachi. Kanu is a waste of space as he's simply going to warm the bench and won't get on the pitch in S.A
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Aderupoko2: 11:24pm On May 31, 2010
Even if Kanu was given a space in the team,wetin John Utaka dey do on that list.These NFF(NFA) sef they Bleep up oh.They said Super Eagles will shock the world (Bash Alli style),I think they are right,they will shock the world that people will be wondering how we qualified at all.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Acidosis(m): 1:24am On Jun 01, 2010
Well, lets hope to see a good performance
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by member479760: 3:28am On Jun 01, 2010
It is difficult to comprehend the logic behind this last minute foreign coach to prepare our boys for the world cup. In fact, the success of our team is solely base on individual ability and fortune from history and not coach.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by VitiMini(m): 5:02am On Jun 01, 2010
We have started again….

COMPLAINING!!

COMPLAINING!!

COMPLAINING!!

After the Saudi match… What are so, so and so doing on the pitch?

After the Colombia match… Lukman can be the highest goal scorer at the WC if Lars uses him as the top 9!

After the final 23 were announced… How can Mikel be on the list and Peter Utaka not?

Please my fellow Eagles fans, SOME of you should open your eyes and stop judging football management through the limitations of your own understanding. This is NOT fantasy football.

This is quite clearly a similar side to what Amodu would have chosen. So the tools are pretty much same ol same, but remember that using Vincent van Gogh's brush does not mean I can achieve great things in art.

Perceiving the psychology and moral of your team is probably 50% of your job as a coach. Some of these boys are playing for their careers and that IDEALLY should make them pull up their socks. There is no amount of money the NFF can give these players during the course of the WC that will rival the monthly wedges some of our boys get at their respective clubs. SO saying that the NFF should give the team extra bonuses for beating Argentina is just a laugh!

My point is:
Take a player like Yakubu for instance, regardless of him being popular with most Nigerian fans or not. When your coach David Moyes lights fire under your nyash by signing Jermaine Beckford and is still in the market to signs more strikers in a WC year + the presence of a fit Luis Saha who will be there early for Everton's pre- season,  will you not be motivated in fear of being traded to a lesser club in the summer and having to take a pay cut? This is his last window of opportunity to sell himself before the transfer floodgates are fully flung open. Look at the match against Colombia, we all caught glimpses of what a dedicated Yakubu looks like. Let us be honest with ourselves, did you not see hunger in his eyes? That same hunger that has been missing for sometime now. I believe the manager would want someone who is fighting for his survival in the trenches with him… This same theory concerns SOME of our other boys who have taken a lackadaisical attitude towards the Eagle in the past… Besides have any of you been present at their training sessions?

The inclusion of Kanu should not come as a surprise to all. Not because we can not do without him at the WC, but the fact that the sentimental card was played. He looked so comfortable on the bench in the Colombia match spotting a Philadelphia Phillies baseball hat looking smug. This despite being less than impressive against Saudi… Don’t be deceived, he already knew he had the ticket!

Anichebe is the sad story here. I do not believe he is better that a motivated Yakubu but I feel he could have added a deferent dimension to our game and would have played his heart out for Nigeria. I think the guy can still be a fan favorite for club and country in the future. He should hold his head up high and enjoy his holiday’s then report early for pre-season training. I salute him as a Nigerian brother!

Regardless of who made the final cut, it is going be a very difficult WC but if the coach is capable of blending this team tactically and mentally the second round is not beyond us.

Thank you for reading.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by kunzel(m): 5:37am On Jun 01, 2010
i wonder why Anichebe is not on the list. i thought he did well against saudi Arabia. well, hope the coach know what he is doing.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Dauchman(m): 5:45am On Jun 01, 2010
Sagamite:

I am not saying Amodu is better than Guardiola.

I am saying:

1) Guardiola is privileged and you really can not guage his pedrigree well at the moment

2) Guardiola and other so-called world class coached make similar decisions or their teams demonstrate similar weaknesses (pre-ANC) Amodu was crucified for.

3) Amodu has never had the kind of benefits Guardiola has been given on a plate. Let me educate that give Amodu players like Henry, Messi, Ronaldinho, Etoo, Puyol and then you can now start justly belittling the achievement he has with the opportunity he has been given so far. You don't give a man a Ferrari and give another a Beatle and then use the Ferrari record to ridicule the record time the Beatle used to finish a race that the Beatle won.

And lest I forget, the education you promised me was encapsulated in this question:

I am awaiting your education.

I believe i have misquoted you. Sorry about that.

But i still believe for Amodu to get that privilege he has to show he knows what he is doing. He took over the eagles during the qualifications. And we never saw the eagles play the way they did against colombia through out. Check out the U21 tournament in Holland or the Olympics in China, did you ever see our eagles play like that under Amodu? Has he ever won the African champions league? You have to look at all the pro's and cons of this. I personally believe that Samson Siasia is a better coach than he is, the mere fact he had the balls to stand up to the NFF shows he knows what he is doing and is ready to take all responsibilities for the team. Can Amodu do that?
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by novaman: 6:07am On Jun 01, 2010
I am speechless right now until I see the first match; but for Anichebe, Ike Uche whom I felt were the future of the National Team, even if we lift the cup, I still cannot explain how painful it will be for me not to see Ike player against Messy that was the reason I paid for my DSTV; I don't like Amodu but after seeing that Lagabak is even crazier then what more can I say.

Foreign Coach! you cannot even give condition during negotiation that you must play friendly matches; just 2 since his appointment, I have to check I feel Amodu play more.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by novaman: 6:08am On Jun 01, 2010
I know some people may not like this but I strongly believe Siasia is head and shoulder higher and better than this guy, we can only wait until after the world cup or our first 3 matches; I feel like crying, looking at Largabak critically do you think he is more committed to Nigeria than he is to his country, am not going to call for his head just yet.

For me Football is entertainment, and am so committed in getting entertained, goals for me is just icing on the cake, the entertainment is like winning for me, I agree that some people there must be a goal, maybe that is why I don't feel so much pain when my team looses.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by novaman: 6:08am On Jun 01, 2010
The Midfield: Mikel, few day ago I saw him on clutches with his team at Wembly, yet the coach did not see a good reason to quickly invite players like Rabiu Ibrahim; the same period that Mikel was walking with clutches, Uche and Anichebe were already running and training, yet the coach felt they are not fit enough.

One good team for me is that I will not expect too much from the team, which means I will not be disappointed.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by novaman: 6:23am On Jun 01, 2010
Dauchman:

But i still believe for Amodu to get that privilege he has to show he knows what he is doing. He took over the eagles during the qualifications. And we never saw the eagles play the way they did against colombia through out. Check out the U21 tournament in Holland or the Olympics in China, did you ever see our eagles play like that under Amodu? Has he ever won the African champions league? You have to look at all the pro's and cons of this. I personally believe that Samson Siasia is a better coach than he is, the mere fact he had the balls to stand up to the NFF shows he knows what he is doing and is ready to take all responsibilities for the team. Can Amodu do that?

Do you know why I respect Morinho today, when he won the CL with a small club, they said it was a fluke, he built Chelsea zero to hero; went to Inter that has never won CL for over 45 year, remember Chelsea also never won the English league for more than or close to 50 year before his arrival. that is what I consider a serious coach.

If someone say Amodu needs a Lionel Messy, Henry, Kaka to show he is a good coach, then I need a baby to tell me my age; an Amodu who like his replacement never saw at least one good player in a league of over 600 players, just one. I stand to be corrected not one midfielder in that team is better than Ikechukwu Ibeneghu of Heartland, yet he was dropped just before the coach could see him play. If you think am wrong ask any league player
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by honeric01(m): 6:30am On Jun 01, 2010
Dauchman:

be reasonable for once abeg

did you watch the friendly between Nigeria and France?

Did you watch the match between Nigeria and Ghana at the last nations up even though we lost?

Did you watch the match we played against Sierra lone in Abuja?

did you watch the one we played against South Africa in the same Abuja?

if any of these were not better than what we played against Colombia, then i know you've not been watching football on a TV.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by jibosqie(m): 7:29am On Jun 01, 2010
Now i see the reason why NEDUM ONUOHA wants more time to sort out his international future, NFF Politricks!
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Ranoscky(m): 8:03am On Jun 01, 2010
@jibosqie, why should he ask for an automatic shirt while he's not yet tasted in super eagles?

abeg make the nyash man go sidan 1 place jare, we no need am sef. Chidi Odiah is far more better than him.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Ranoscky(m): 8:06am On Jun 01, 2010
@dauchman, i still dey wait for u oo, i asked a question but u'v not yet replied me.

i said 'How did Guardiola took charge of barca?'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Samson Siasia Appeals Fifa’s Life Ban / Uk Football Pools Brown Coupon Week 37 Xx10xx / Nigeria Professional Football League Week 3: The Winners And The Losers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.