Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,089 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

From London: Official Super Eagle Team List - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / From London: Official Super Eagle Team List (12901 Views)

Official: Super Eagles Playmaker Watch / Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List / Nigeria U17 Team List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by montelik(m): 8:57am On Jun 01, 2010
honeric01:

be reasonable for once abeg

did you watch the friendly between Nigeria and France?

Did you watch the match between Nigeria and Ghana at the last nations up even though we lost?

Did you watch the match we played against Sierra lone in Abuja?

did you watch the one we played against South Africa in the same Abuja?

if any of these were not better than what we played against Colombia, then i know you've not been watching football on a TV.

When it comes to the matter of Amodu most super eagles fans can't be reasonable. Don't waste your effort trying to reason with them.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by derby4: 9:10am On Jun 01, 2010
This was obtained frm fifa.com the official site of fifa        "Attacking pair Ike Uche and Victor Anichebe  were the most notable names to miss out on  Nigeria's 23- man squad for the 2010  FIFA  World Cup South Africa™. New Nigeria boss Lars Lagerback dropped  seven players in his final cut today with Peter  Utaka, Onyekachi Apam, Brown Ideye and  domestically-based duo Bassey Akpan and  Terna Suswan also missing out. Real Zaragoza striker Uche had been  struggling with a knee injury while Everton's  Anichebe was overlooked in favour of fellow  English-based strikers Yakubu Aiyegbeni,  Nwankwo Kanu and John Utaka. Chelsea midfielder John Mikel Obi was  included despite missing the end of the  season with a knee injury. Nigeria begin their FIFA World Cup finals  campaign against Argentina in Johannesburg  on 12  June, and will also play Greece and  South Korea in Group B. Nigeria's 23- man FIFA World Cup  squad:  Vincent Enyeama (Hapoel Tel Aviv),  Dele Aiyenugba (Bnei Yehuda), Austin Ejide ( Hapoel Petach Tikvah); Taye Taiwo (Marseille) , Elderson Echiejile (Rennes), Chidi Odiah ( CSKA Moscow), Joseph Yobo (Everton),  Ayodele Adeleye (Sparta Rotterdam), Rabiu  Afolabi (Salzburg), Danny Shittu (Bolton); Kalu Uche (Almeria), Dickson Etuhu (Fulham), John  Mikel Obi (Chelsea), Sani Kaita (Alaniya),  Haruna Lukman (Monaco), Yusuf Ayila ( Dynamo Kiev); Yakubu Aiyegbeni (Everton),  Nwankwo Kanu (Portsmouth), Obafemi  Martins (Wolfsburg), John Utaka (Portsmouth), Victor Obinna Nsofor (Malaga), Osaze  Odemwingie (Lokomotiv Moscow), Chinedu  Ogbuke Obasi (Hoffenheim). *Please note that squad lists only become  official after they have been submitted to and announced by FIFA.  so you can now see that my post earlier was correct no uche you can go to this link if you want to verify    http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1222019/index.html#strikers+miss+nigeria

Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Ranoscky(m): 10:38am On Jun 01, 2010
Even if it hapens that nigeria win's the W.C in S.A, it'll still be a painful thing that Anichebe was xcluded!

so painful that it's the most painful thing that has ever happened to me since this year!
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by mykali(m): 1:34pm On Jun 01, 2010
^^^Anichebe is young, and we have a Nations Cup in 2012, another plus the next WC in 2014.
he still has enough time to prove himself

The deed is done, and we all know the saying about spilt milk. . . .
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Ranoscky(m): 2:46pm On Jun 01, 2010
@mykali

what r u talking about? if Anichebe is young what about walcott and wright phillips?
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Aderupoko2: 3:26pm On Jun 01, 2010
For me,the list was almost perfect,but for the exclusion of Anichebe.A time will come(If it hasn't come at all)when Nigerians will do what they did with the local league,adopt a new country(just as we adopt clubs)and start supporting such adopted country.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by jubilant2(f): 3:39pm On Jun 01, 2010
For me I think. Its left to our coach. He was appointed, so let him do d job. He's wise enough to knw who and who not to pick. Lets jst watch nd pray dat wit these ones he has picked he makes it.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by stanleymail03(m): 4:13pm On Jun 01, 2010
it beat my imagination why anichebe was dropped for the man above 100kg. Lagerback needs his head examined.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by deb(m): 4:51pm On Jun 01, 2010
Anichebe was great against Saudi in the friendly but not all players will make it to the world cup.
Such is life afterall Largerback takes the blame or credit for his action after the world.

My advise to all, fold your hands and lets watch the world cup is just here.
Not to forget, his excuse was that they (Anichebe and Ike Uche) are not 100% fit.
Thank God the coach is oyinbo, Nigerians could have started calling him a tribalist
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by blank(f): 5:42pm On Jun 01, 2010
All these people shouting about Anichebe's exclusion.
How many goals has he ever scored for Nigeria dat we should include him?
He should go n improve on his shooting.
Its not just about playing well, its also about scoring goals.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Meldrick(m): 5:51pm On Jun 01, 2010
Must Aiyegbeni make the list? That guys juju is very active. I don't see anything he plays. He is far from been a striker.

Lagerback must keep that guy on the bench if he really wants to Lagerfront in SA
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by sylve11: 6:06pm On Jun 01, 2010
what is kanu, john utaka, and yaks doing that list? sad cool
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by otokx(m): 8:07pm On Jun 01, 2010
Kanu, John Utaka and Yaks have paid their dues; this should be their very last world cup.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Sagamite(m): 12:27am On Jun 02, 2010
Dauchman:

I believe i have misquoted you. Sorry about that.

But i still believe for Amodu to get that privilege he has to show he knows what he is doing. He took over the eagles during the qualifications. And we never saw the eagles play the way they did against colombia through out. Check out the U21 tournament in Holland or the Olympics in China, did you ever see our eagles play like that under Amodu? Has he ever won the African champions league? You have to look at all the pro's and cons of this. I personally believe that Samson Siasia is a better coach than he is, the mere fact he had the balls to stand up to the NFF shows he knows what he is doing and is ready to take all responsibilities for the team. Can Amodu do that?

Reality is that Amodu took over and won 6 straight games without conceding ONE SINGLE goal except an own goal due to keeper-defender mix-up. SIX straight games, bag of goals.

They unfortunately met a very tough Mozambique first before Tunisia did and drew 0-0 away in Mozambique, that was when the stuuuupid criticism and unwarranted pressure on the players began and effected their moral. Note: The same ordinary Mozambique that we all thought should have been a walk-over if Amodu was good, won a very good Tunisian team 2-0 with Tunisia only having ONE SHOT on goal.

They still rallied and played good games that was unnoticed by a panicking public and games even more unappreciated when the slowpoke called Taye Taiwo messed up against Tunisia in Abuja.

What did SE play against Saudi? Did SE beat Colombia? Is Colombia such a good team? Are they going to WC? Yet you are quick to give your backing to the whiteman.

Amodu beat France with Ribery, Benzeama, Anelka, Evra, Govou, Toluolan or whatever he is called, IN FRANCE! But yet you condemn him.

Amodu, in qualification led 12 games, 9 wins, 3 draws, NO LOSS, 9 CLEAN SHEETS, 5 goals concede and scored 20 goals in 9 games.

SE had the 4th best qualification for WC WORLDWIDE despite us having mediocre to shite players. But people still brought him down by not allowing his team to settle. Everyday was a report of how it has been decided he is going to be sacked and press conferences were full of questions about his sack by hungry-looking, moronic, half-educated, quack, brainless Naija sports journalists.

Let Guardiola come and perform under that. Lets see how he would maintain respect of his players.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Sagamite(m): 12:36am On Jun 02, 2010
novaman:

Do you know why I respect Morinho today, when he won the CL with a small club, they said it was a fluke, he built Chelsea zero to hero; went to Inter that has never won CL for over 45 year, remember Chelsea also never won the English league for more than or close to 50 year before his arrival. that is what I consider a serious coach.

Sorry, and Amodu did not win stuff with the teams he managed?

novaman:

If someone say Amodu needs a Lionel Messy, Henry, Kaka to show he is a good coach, then I need a baby to tell me my age; an Amodu who like his replacement never saw at least one good player in a league of over 600 players, just one. I stand to be corrected not one midfielder in that team is better than Ikechukwu Ibeneghu of Heartland, yet he was dropped just before the coach could see him play. If you think am wrong ask any league player

You mean the best 22 from the 600 that could not even qualify Nigeria for the Home-based nation's cup, TALKLESS OF WINNING IT?

So how many out of the 600 is your new white coach taking to the WC?

So are they really that good then for you to criticise their lack of inclusion?
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by honeric01(m): 1:03am On Jun 02, 2010
Everton question Nigeria claim
Toffees insist Anichebe injury not serious
By Ben Collins Last updated: 1st June 2010

Injury Anichebe: confusion

, Everton have taken issue with Nigeria over the omission of Victor Anichebe from their World Cup squad through injury.

The Everton striker was one of the most notable omissions when Swedish boss Lars Lagerback named his final 23-man party, particularly after being their star man during last week's warm-up against Saudi Arabia.

Chief Taiwo Ogunjobi, the chairman of the technical committee at the Nigerian Football Federation, reportedly told the Nigerian Tribune he was left out after suffering a cracked chin against the Saudis.

But Everton have issued a statement on their official website, clarifying that their 22-year-old frontman has, in fact, suffered a bruised shin and that the injury is not serious.

The Premier League club have been angered at what they see as misinformation while the youngster is devastated at not making it to South Africa.

Anichebe featured in the Nigerian side that reached the 2008 Olympic final, losing to Argentina, and he has so far made four appearances for the senior team.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11671_6184291,00.html

This is the digital age. People should stop treating others like mugs grin grin grin grin grin
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by chazy4real(m): 6:40am On Jun 02, 2010
Who get market go buy am. cool cool cool
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Marlbron: 8:17am On Jun 02, 2010
Watched the SE match against Columbia again, we seem not to dominate the mid against teams and there is no winger. How dumb does it get to play Keita as a winger? I think Largs will fail. He has brought shape, but no outlet and the mid is still not dominant. my fears! I hope the next match proves me wrong!
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Ranoscky(m): 6:59pm On Jun 02, 2010
@sagamite, i dey feel u badly jare, na NFF/NFA no allow Amodu handle naija team for long tyme daz y e b lyke say
d guy no know wetin 'em dey do. d guy stil b good coach, at least any outing wey 'em take naija go, 'em dey come
back wit sometin. afterall, at-all at-all na winch so d guy don try 'em best.
I believe say if 'em handle barca sef, at least 'em go win 1 cup dat 1 na sure.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Sagamite(m): 7:33pm On Jun 02, 2010
Ranoscky:

@sagamite, i dey feel u badly jare, na NFF/NFA no allow Amodu handle naija team for long tyme daz y e b lyke say
d guy no know wetin 'em dey do. d guy stil b good coach, at least any outing wey 'em take naija go, 'em dey come
back wit sometin. afterall, at-all at-all na winch so d guy don try 'em best.
I believe say if 'em handle barca sef, at least 'em go win 1 cup dat 1 na sure.

Believe me, some pathetic ediots would have found any inane excuse to criticise Amodu.

If it was Amodu that organised a friendly with N. Korea, Colombia and Saudi, the fooools would have come here to say "he is a clueless coach. How come he did not organise one against an European opponent to understand Greece playing style. That shows he does not know what he is doing and he will lose to Greece. Sack him now, we need a White coach."
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Ranoscky(m): 9:55am On Jun 03, 2010
^^@sagamite thaz true man, u'r so fukking ryte!

I saw how @Dauchman was about getting u to your nerve's with all his rubbish post about Amodu, and i asked him a question on how coach Guardiola became coach of barca but he refused to reply.
Guardiola is a "Team B" coach of barca, it was after the sack of Rud gullit, then they haven't appointed any coach so they called him to handle the first team while they search for another coach. but with god on his side and with the best players that barca 1st team parade's, he was successful on his pre'handling of the barca 1st team and that was how they decided to allow him to continue with the job, so he wasn't the ryte coach for the job at 1st.
but i stil believe that a club lyke barca parades the best star's in the world and even if Avram Grant is given an opportunity, he'll succeed in barca not to talk of Amodu. na our NFA/NFF dey cause the whole wahala jare, useless peep's that dosen't even know their left and ryte. that is why a none football country can even stand strong on their feet and even proud to themself's that they can defeat nigeria. had it been we maitained our standard of good football back in the 90's i don't think their'll be a topic that'll come up in a match against argentina, they are even the one's that'r surpose to be afraid of nigeria b'cos they see nigeria as a good football country.
But our NFA/NFF na ya wa! they'r not even capable of handling nigerian league talkless of handling national team.

Well, but all the same i still give credit to Amodu for his effort so far, it's not easy and he has tried on his own part, but my best nigeria coach so far stil remains Stephen Keshi. thaz ma opinion thax!
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by komekn(m): 10:10pm On Jun 03, 2010
Amodu,

Was and still is out of his depth as it concerns coaching and managing the Eagles.

Sagamite, and yes most certainly do have it on good multiple authorities.

[td]
You have it also on good authority the training sessions under Amodu were comprehensive biased, subjectively structured? [/td]

In addition there were other interests and allegiances at work that were strengthened by inducement with a certain super agent having undue influence put into the mix player discontent and it becomes evident that Amodu should never have got the job in the first place. There were and still are better candidates in Nigeria however, they will not play ball and be remote controlled by the NFF thus they were not selected.

Any ways that's all in the past, i must say Lagerback is doing a commendable job with all the deceit and manipulations going on behind the scenes.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Sagamite(m): 10:31pm On Jun 03, 2010
komekn:

Amodu,

Was and still is out of his depth as it concerns coaching and managing the Eagles.

[td]
You have it also on good authority the training sessions under Amodu were comprehensive biased, subjectively structured? [/td]

In addition there were other interests and allegiances at work that were strengthened by inducement with a certain super agent having undue influence put into the mix player discontent and it becomes evident that Amodu should never have got the job in the first place. There were and still are better candidates in Nigeria however, they will not play ball and be remote controlled by the NFF thus they were not selected.

Any ways that's all in the past, i must say Lagerback is doing a commendable job with all the deceit and manipulations going on behind the scenes.

Bloody knots of conjectures, not a single point backed up with facts or logic.
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by honeric01(m): 11:01pm On Jun 03, 2010
komekn:

Amodu,

[td]

And you meant to say?
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by nnaemmy(m): 6:41am On Jun 04, 2010
The list is manageable
Let's support the team
Na our own, up Eagles!
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by mamagee3(f): 10:42pm On Jun 05, 2010
^^Seriously?

"Let's support the team, Go Eagles". . .

Are you for real?
undecided
Re: From London: Official Super Eagle Team List by Ranoscky(m): 5:58am On Jun 06, 2010
Even if nobody wan surport una, make una no worry, i'll be the only tree to make the forest, no matter what!

i'm proud of super eagle's, come what may. only their appearance alone in S.A is ma happiness. go eagle's go! wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Samson Siasia Appeals Fifa’s Life Ban / Uk Football Pools Brown Coupon Week 37 Xx10xx / Nigeria Professional Football League Week 3: The Winners And The Losers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.